Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#2061295 03/02/24 03:27 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Interesting:

Legend
Legend
We need age limits for all politicians...

<><

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
No comparison.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Comparison?

Pretty obvious that neither guy should be president.

Maybe instead of a debate they should take a test and see who scores the highest on a valid cognitive test.

Although trump has way more to worry about. Hopefully we see first hand how he holds up under cross examination.

History already has ranked him as the worst president in US history. His issues go way beyond his cognitive decline.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I think Trump should be President.

History as written by you. History needs time to tell what was good and what wasn't. Stop being a historian or reading those who think they are.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Well, 2024 is young, but here ya go... six minutes of wtf from the first two months...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
As I have been screaming. Neither side has a candidate worth voting for. Our country is supose to be so great, yet all we can come up with is Biden and Trump. Talk about making us Americans all look stupid.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
trump is a criminal and a traitor.

He led an insurrection on Jan 6th against the US. He tried to remain in power when he was voted out.

He violated an oath to the Constitution.

Those are the facts.

He has committed crimes and will be tried for his crimes. If there is justice he will be sent to prison for the rest of his life.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

History as written by you. History needs time to tell what was good and what wasn't. Stop being a historian or reading those who think they are.

You think a guy that tried to over throw an election should be President?
You think a guy that kisses Putins Ass should be President?
You think a guy who's son in law took $2 Billion from SA should be President?
You think a guy that signed a tax reduction for the wealthy and then sent the USA into a tailspins with Debt should be President?
You think a guy that spawned hatred in America should be President?

I could go on but it's wasted on you!

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg
As I have been screaming. Neither side has a candidate worth voting for. Our country is supose to be so great, yet all we can come up with is Biden and Trump. Talk about making us Americans all look stupid.

I do not agree with your total comment. Trump will be found to be a criminal.. In fact, he already has. Republicans in the house trying to impeach Biden will end up with egg on their faces. Look at the current economy. the only negative is that inflation is still too high. Getting better, but still too high. The Biden admin has done a pretty damn good job with it. Not perfect (who is) but better that Trump. The only real problem with Biden is that he's just too damn old. But he knows his wifes name.....

Jobs increase have been amazing under Biden. Infrastructure improvements are under way in a BIG way under Biden. The Chips act has and will continue to add jobs to the economy.

So is Biden Perfect... Hell no. Is he better than Trump, you bet he is.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Yep, This thread is definitely showing some cognitive decline.

P
Legend
Legend
P

Why can't people just step up to the plate and admit both parties failed us and neither man should actually be president. It isn't that hard to do. The only real difference is one tried to overthrow the election to stay in power. A lot of us think the constitution matters.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FATE #2061334 03/03/24 11:17 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
Yep, This thread is definitely showing some cognitive decline.

This is a clear indication of it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I do often ponder the age of a lot of our political leaders, along with the age of our two presidential candidates and wonder: Why the future of myself and my kids is being governed by people who are already over the average age of death in the United States who have very poor approval ratings and an even worse history of performance?

Only in American politics would this make sense. Even more so, only in American politics would this make sense where one can often find inaccurate, irrational exuberance over any of the candidates being offered.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Former President Donald Trump on Saturday again confused President Joe Biden with former President Barack Obama after attempting to defend his verbal slipups on the campaign trail and claiming they were intentional.

“And [Russian President Vladimir] Putin, you know, has so little respect for Obama that he’s starting to throw around the 'nuclear' word. You heard that, nuclear. He’s starting to talk nuclear weapons today. I was waiting for that to happen. But we have a fool, a fool as a president,” Trump said at a campaign rally in Richmond, Virginia.

Earlier in his speech, Trump attempted to defend the other times he has mixed up Biden and Obama in campaign speeches by claiming he had done so intentionally. Democrats have been seizing on Trump’s verbal slipups as Biden faces questions about his mental acuity.

“Every time I do that, or I’ll say our president, Barack Hussein Obama -- now, I do that because, you know, that makes a point. We understand that, right, because a lot of people say he’s running the country. I don’t personally think so,” Trump said.

Trump again claimed him confusing former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and GOP presidential rival Nikki Haley was on purpose.

“I purposefully mix up like a name like Birdbrain — you know who Birdbrain is, right? Nikki — with Nancy Pelosi. I put them in because they’re interchangeable in my mind,” Trump said.

Trump focused much of his second campaign speech of the day on Biden, the US-Mexico border and his legal issues and made only brief mention of Haley, his final primary rival. He gave a very similar speech earlier in the day in Greensboro, North Carolina.

Trump also touted Argentina’s far-right president, Javier Milei, during his speech.

“Even Argentina, they went MAGA. ... I love him because he loves Trump. When he called, I took his call. Anybody that loves me, I like them,” he said.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-n...02-24/h_935142bb0b71c0adf79add0b34263aef

"I try to make it sound like I've lost my mind on purpose!"

#gmstrong
FATE #2061353 03/03/24 02:30 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
What blows my mind is, had Gartner switched the names around, it would have made more sense.

I love how he pooh pooh's away anything about Biden.

Also, he's been going after Trump and his cognizance since before 2017.

Anyone that says Biden is fine from a mental standpoint has little credibility.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Anyone that says Biden is fine from a mental standpoint has little credibility.

Which is equally true of trump.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
NOBODY is buying this narrative that Trump and Biden are in the same galaxy in a cognitive sense. rofl

Biden completes three sentences per month. Every time he's on any 'stage' is an unmitigated disaster. And that's for someone that's in full hiding, picks his own audience, and has cue cards to recite his own name.

Y'all can keep saying it, nobody is believing it.

[Linked Image from static.foxnews.com]

[Linked Image from gdb.voanews.com]

1 member likes this: EveDawg
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I can't not comment- you said you think Trump should be President---so an abuser of women- a [censored] grabbing, adulterer, married three times, a business fraud convicted of multiple crimes- lying about sq ft of properties, lying about providing education to students- Trump University, idiot who's stated should pump disinfection into body to kill covid, idiot who actually thinks F-35s are invisible- you can't see them, idiot who stated Washington had to protect the airports during the Revolutionary War, nuke hurricanes, the guy who was president but thinks all military men are suckers because what's in it for them......he's the one you want as president- name a president who has hawked action figures, bobbing headed figurines, steaks, sneakers, water, booze, perfume---the billionaire who steals from the average joes to pay his legal bills---you think he should be President. He is the LAST Person on Earth who should be President---he wants the constitution changed for his purposes and wants to be dictator for a day-----WOW. You've drunk the MAGA Kool-Aid and your lost.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend

This is still America and being better than a steaming pile of fresh dog crap is not a reason to vote for somebody.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg

This is still America and being better than a steaming pile of fresh dog crap is not a reason to vote for somebody.

If your choices are between Trump and Biden, yeah, it's a reason to vote for Biden. We can't risk another 4 years of Trump.

But at least you know that Trump is a Fresh Pile of Dog Crap.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
hitt #2061391 03/04/24 09:03 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
How anyone cannot see trump for what he is defies the imagination.

January 6th was one of the darkest days in American history. It was on tv for all to see. He refused to do anything to stop the violence while the Halls of Congress were attacked by his followers and people were assaulted and killed. His VP had to hide to be protected from assault or possible death.

trump took an oath to defend the Constitution. He is the only president who refused to accept the peaceful transfer of power to the incoming president.

He is on tape telling an elected official to find the votes to overturn the election he lost.

He tried to overthrow an election by conspiring with others in a fake elector scheme.

He was a convicted of sexual assault and fraud.

And there are those on this Board who support him. How does someone look in the mirror and rationalize that?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by bonefish

January 6th was one of the darkest days in American history. It was on tv for all to see. He refused to do anything to stop the violence while the Halls of Congress were attacked by his followers and people were assaulted and killed. His VP had to hide to be protected from assault or possible death.

trump took an oath to defend the Constitution. He is the only president who refused to accept the peaceful transfer of power to the incoming president.

He is on tape telling an elected official to find the votes to overturn the election he lost.

He tried to overthrow an election by conspiring with others in a fake elector scheme.

And there are those on this Board who support him. How does someone look in the mirror and rationalize that?

It is this easy. Satan himself is better than any and all Democrats!!! At least we know how evil he is. He does not hide that like Dems do. During elections Dems say they are in the middle then when elected go as far left as possible then try to say that is mainstream. They hate the pledge of allegence, they hate the flag, they hate the National Anthem. But want us to think they love the country.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
What a distorted and disturbing way to look at politics.

The government is based upon "We the people."

Supporting a party over what is for the good of the people is sad.

It never should never be about democrats and republicans. It should be about the person and what can be done for the good of all.

Biden is far from perfect. But he is not a career criminal like trump who only wants to be a dictator and destroy what this country was founded upon.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg

It is this easy. Satan himself is better than any and all Democrats!!! At least we know how evil he is. He does not hide that like Dems do. During elections Dems say they are in the middle then when elected go as far left as possible then try to say that is mainstream. They hate the pledge of allegence, they hate the flag, they hate the National Anthem. But want us to think they love the country.

Dein Kampf?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Pretty sure he just wants to be a dictator for one day, just to see how it feels.

If he does like the test drive, he'll have a tough time converting the media, liberal judges, all the liberal cities, mayors, governors. etc, etc, etc...

It usually takes even the most fragile governments a decade or more to go full dictator, Trump only has four years.

But never underestimate the power of Trump.

Or the boogeyman.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Satan himself is better than any and all Democrats!!!

Talk about some over-the-top hyberbole.

....Even if there is no such thing as Satan.

Tackles are tackles.
FATE #2061409 03/04/24 11:00 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think where you and I differ is that I draw a very harsh and real red line at the character of a guy like that ever making it into office (or back into office in this case). I view it as breaking the seal, so to speak. I view it as such a dangerous precedent, especially given a laundry list of concerns surrounding the guy that could stretch from Cincy to Cleveland.

It's extremely noticeable in the rhetoric of politicians who kiss his ring. Hell, have you seen some of the political ads showing up here in Ohio. So many without so much as a platform (other than maybe the border). They mostly pledge loyalty to Trump, and not only talk about destroying the Biden agenda, but also actively campaign against other Republicans who are disloyal to Trump. Bro, that ish is dangerous. Again, slippery slope.

For starters, check this out:

I mean, bro, wtf was that??? It's not the only one, too. Just watch Jeopardy to see how they all compare to each other during the commercial breaks.

Where you and I do agree, and this is what got me tarred and feathered on the Democrats thread, is that the politicians (Biden included) who were legacy spent so much time enriching themselves at our expense, while riling up anger in their bases at the "villains" on the other side that they eventually lost control of the train and enabled someone like Trump to come along. He was elected because people were angry and he captured on it really well.

I don't like Biden. I don't think he has any business being in the White House. I think I often get confused for being a "Libtard" because of how much I bash on the Trumpian side of politics, but that is because I view it as such a concern. At this point, I view the Biden administration as jumping back into the frying pan from the fire, but it's still an awful place to be.

There is so much we need to do to fix this joint, and it starts with actually holding our own sides accountable, like you and I have talked about, rather than flinging poop, which is easy to do because we are all upset, and rightfully so. Imagine the impact that it would have if we actually went to our respective reps and said "Hey, you actually kinda suck. WTF are you actually doing?" vs just yelling at the other guy.

Pipe dream, I know. But for the time being, I think my focus is on at least trying to avoid a nightmare.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Satan himself is better than any and all Democrats!!!

Talk about some over-the-top hyberbole.

....Even if there is no such thing as Satan.

He actually passed away in 2012 so he's no longer a threat...

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
"They."

Hook line and sinker you have swallowed all trash from the sources you sought to reinforce a dull witted narrow point of view.

Legend
Legend
Good post.

It's important to look beyond the scope of an event and toward what that event will do to shape the future. While I don't share the same overwhelming feelings, in this case, make no mistake -- I share them.

Setting stupid, dangerous, even obscene precedents is the fountain that has created a flood of problems in this country. Especially over the past ten years.

As far as the ongoing "kiss the ring" discussion. I think it's wildly mischaracterized. Please don't think I'm saying it isn't there -- it is.

That IS NOT what I get when I see ridiculous commercials like the one above. I watch that, laugh, and see a week candidate that can't stand on his own record or ideas. I roll my eyes. But I also understand the strategy. A candidate that has nothing else assuming he has an automatic 30% by kissing Donnie's ass.

We've got four more years of [censored], regardless of how this pans out. Then, hopefully, we can start moving in a more united direction. I'll be honest though, I doubt that that will be true for a while longer. COVID taught these power-hungry POS humans how strongly division sells and the media is the tail that wags that dog.

Legend
Legend
Wait. Satan is dead??

FATE #2061419 03/04/24 11:41 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Wait. Satan is dead??

Phyllis Diller.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Wait. Satan is dead??

Phyllis Diller.

LOL, I was thinking the former owner who shall not be named.

#gmstrong
FATE #2061448 03/04/24 02:07 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Good post.

It's important to look beyond the scope of an event and toward what that event will do to shape the future. While I don't share the same overwhelming feelings, in this case, make no mistake -- I share them.

Setting stupid, dangerous, even obscene precedents is the fountain that has created a flood of problems in this country. Especially over the past ten years.

As far as the ongoing "kiss the ring" discussion. I think it's wildly mischaracterized. Please don't think I'm saying it isn't there -- it is.

That IS NOT what I get when I see ridiculous commercials like the one above. I watch that, laugh, and see a week candidate that can't stand on his own record or ideas. I roll my eyes. But I also understand the strategy. A candidate that has nothing else assuming he has an automatic 30% by kissing Donnie's ass.

We've got four more years of [censored], regardless of how this pans out. Then, hopefully, we can start moving in a more united direction. I'll be honest though, I doubt that that will be true for a while longer. COVID taught these power-hungry POS humans how strongly division sells and the media is the tail that wags that dog.

Good post yourself. I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut wink laugh

The "kiss the ring" for me comes about in terms of quantity as well as the hyperbole of the ads themselves. He was just one guy, but there are lots of others. I'm going to make myself sound like an old man, but just watching Jeopardy every day and you get inundated. Not only with the guy I showed you, but also with some other guy who dresses like a drill sergeant, and them some other guy who pours concrete. All three invoke the Trump name with commercials so ignorant it makes me laugh at first, before I realize a ton of people will take them seriously.

Last election, across the river, Daniel Cameron lost to Andy Beshear by only 5 points. Cameron's ads in my area were all "Trump, Trump, Trump!" One of them even had a message from the Donald himself where he endorsed Cameron (but actually really endorsed himself). Oddly enough, had RvW not been overturned, I think Cameron could have taken Kentucky. I tried to find the commercial, but couldn't see it readily available.

I was really hoping that Republicans would move away from Trump after the 2020 election and J6, but it seems those that did (Kinzinger, Cheney, Gonzo, etc.) were actually censored, ousted, etc. and those who initially condemned him (McCarthy), went back to kiss the ring. It almost galvanized his hold on the party. That is the moment when I really started getting concerned. Then the cascading of politicians seeking his endorsement kept adding to those concerns.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
"The sun shines on a dawg's ass some days". rofl

Well, if you're watching Jeopardy everyday... nevermind. laugh Just kidding. We haven't watched it in a while, but it was every night for years. If you want to feel dumb, watch a couple episodes with my wife in the room. Since the advent of DVR, I've become expert level of making sure I watch virtually NO ads, tbh. I'm mostly in Indiana, so about the only ad I see, and keep seeing everywhere, is for an Indiana congressman. I keep thinking 'that's an effective way to name drop'. He mentions Trump once: "You know, president Trump was right, blah, blah, blah... and then repeats conservative talking points but makes them his own." I guess if he faced a flame-throwing Trumpster, he may be in trouble. I digress.

To your point, there are millions and millions of "Trumpians", so, as crazy as it sounds, I'm sure there are political strategists everywhere that insist that becoming a mini Trumpster is the ticket to (re)election. On the flip side, there are many that insist Nikki Haley has destroyed her own political future by being anti-Trump. We'll see how that works out. When you get down to the nitty-gritty, there are gobs of people that are actually in fear of a future with either candidate.

The whole "our democracy is at stake" spiel is one of the craziest things I've ever witnessed. Especially when I watch the left try everything imaginable to get Trump off the ballot, while screaming it. Whether you believe it to be true or not, you have to admit, this seems more like a SNL script than real life. Speaking of which, the opening from 2/23 show (Shane Gillis) and the way in which people actually kiss the ring was life imitating art in the grandest of ways. rofl

And I just read that again... "but actually really endorsed himself". rofl

I have no idea how we got here. My wife and I spent the first year of 'this Trump reelection thing is real' just looking at each other with our mouths hanging open. "How?? "Why??" But here we are.

FATE #2061466 03/04/24 04:04 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It's the Tournament of Champions going right now, so I feel dumb regardless with the caliber of questions being asked. I need it to be the Junior series again laugh

You know, I've been pondering the Nikki Haley angle. I think in the Gen Election, she wins. The primary is the real issue, obviously. She's tried so hard to go in the paint, but not go too hard in the paint. Now that she is a thread away from officially losing, she has started to become more aggressive. I think it'll take Trump losing a general election and another loss of seats in Congress for the R's to finally start looking in the mirror and hopefully making the right decision to leave him behind. I'm concerned that him making it back into office will prolong the skullduggery, if not far worse. We'll see what happens with her future. If there is a mirror moment, she may become the frontrunner next time around.

On the flipside, you have guys like DeSantis. I feel like he ruined his political career because he wasn't anti-Trump enough. Trump came out swinging and called him Ron DeSanctimonious, and DeSantis reacted by basically going "He he, ha ha, Trump is great, and I'm a lot like him, but in my own way." so much so that people were like "Well, then why don't we just vote for the real guy instead of an imposter?"

DeSantis started to turn on the fire later on, but again, it was too little, too late.

I always really like to pay attention to politicians when they are about to concede or when they are retiring, because they actually show semblances of honesty. DeSantis said "You can be the strongest, most dynamic successful Republican and conservative in America, but if you don't kiss that ring, then he'll try to trash you." It was confirming what many of us thought: that it doesn't matter what your stance, platform, beliefs, etc. are. It just matters if you pledge allegiance. Of course, about a week later DeSantis conceded and kissed the ring, haha.

Haley is more all-or-nothing. She rolled the dice, because she just recently backed off on the pledge to support Trump as a nominee. I believe her quote was that the "RNC then was different than what the RNC is now." I respect that and hope she sticks to her guns. If Trump loses the general election to Biden, she needs to go on the full offensive, from a Republican strategic standpoint.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I really do not care about any party.

All I want is someone who can govern with vision and foresight. Understand what policies benefit the general population.

I had always thought that middle ground and compromise was a good thing. Cooperation is needed to accomplish realistic goals.

Nothing is getting done by the government today. It is nothing but partisan politics which is useless.

1 member likes this: dawglover05
O
Legend
Legend
O

Of course you do… and his crap filled diaper can be VP.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg

Whack-a-doodle-town has now chimed in! Smh. American Taliban.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus cognitive decline

Link Copied to Clipboard