Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Weak post.

Historians do not wear red or blue glasses.

They have a stake in looking at the criterion that spells the truth.

trump is at the bottom for real reasons.

E
Legend
Legend
E
As much time as libtards spend erasing history, I would have to disagree with you.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
It is this easy. Satan himself is better than any and all Democrats!!!

My goodness.
Oh, my goodness.

A 'fellow American citizen' actually believes this to be true.

What am I supposed to take away from something like this?

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Historians are people with jobs.

They do their job which requires them to be impartial.

You dislike the facts so you refuse to accept the facts. Just like trump lost the election and broke the law trying to remain in power.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg
As much time as libtards spend erasing history, I would have to disagree with you.

You mean like those libtards that keep banning books? Oh wait, those are republicans. My Bad

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

My goodness.
Oh, my goodness.

There is only one take away, the statement is crap. And I believe that kinda thinking is warped.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

My goodness.
Oh, my goodness.

Some people are gone, and it's scary. Real writing a manifesto in a jail cell a century ago kinda style.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Sad actually.

I struggle with how anyone cannot see what is spelled out billboard clear.

Jan 6th was on tv. trump is on tape asking an election official to create votes for him to win Ga.

Blind denial of facts that are indisputable.

At the same time these same people are gullible enough to regurgitate hate that comes from the sources they seek out.

I gave Americans way more credit. My faith in the people of this country has been dramatically shaken.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by EveDawg

Yes “slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit,” is not white washing and hiding history.

The only people who think you need a statue of traitors erected in The United States in a town square or you're trying to erase history by removing them obviously can't read books or go to a museum. We fought against Hitler in WW2. Hirohito was the leader of Japan when they attacked Pearl Harbor. Are you suggesting that since we don't have statues of them displayed in town squares that we're trying to erase history too?

---------------------------

Bill to ban lessons making white students feel ‘discomfort’ advances in Florida Senate

A Florida state Senate committee on Thursday advanced a bill that would prohibit making white people feel “discomfort” when taught or trained about past discrimination in public schools and private businesses.

The bill, S.B. 148, would prevent school educators from teaching subjects that could make students feel responsible for historical wrongs based on their race, sex or national origin.

In private businesses, training or employment practices that make an individual feel uncomfortable on similar grounds could be subject to a company lawsuit for unlawful employment practices.

The state Senate Education Committee approved the bill Thursday on party lines.

“An individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, does not bear responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex,” the legislation by Sen. Manny Diaz (R) reads. “An individual should not be made to feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of his or her race.”

The bill mirrors a proposal by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), who rolled out the Stop the Wrongs to Our Kids and Employees Act, or WOKE Act, in December, which would allow parents to sue schools that teach critical race theory, a decades-old field of academia examining how race intersects with the law.

“We shouldn’t be teaching students, for example in a diverse classroom, that someone is automatically racist or sexist or anti-immigrant by the sheer nature of their background,” Diaz told the Senate Education Committee, according to USA Today.

“We cannot hit the students with that because you’re from this group, you’re automatically sexist or racist,” he added. “The discussion has to be had for students to critically think and understand what was wrong … and how we moved past it or haven’t moved past it.”

The bill has been met with fierce criticism, with some Democrats saying that the legislation will lead to lawsuits and censorship in facilities. State Sen. Shevrin Jones (D), a Black man, condemned the bill, the news outlet reported.

“This bill’s not for Blacks, this bill was not for any other race,” Jones said. “This was directed to make whites not feel bad about what happened years ago. At no point did anyone say white people should be held responsible for what happened, but what I would ask my white counterparts is, are you an enabler of what happened or are you going to say we must talk about history?”

“The governor will continue to go across the country with his racist rhetoric on critical race theory. … It’s a problem that doesn’t exist,” Jones added, according to The Associated Press. “I think the governor’s policies that he continues to push are racist.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...te-students-feel-discomfort-advances-in/

They should have just called it the Snowflake Bill. "We can't tell our children the truth because it will hurt their feelings."

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bonefish
Sad actually.

I struggle with how anyone cannot see what is spelled out billboard clear.

Jan 6th was on tv. trump is on tape asking an election official to create votes for him to win Ga.

Blind denial of facts that are indisputable.

At the same time these same people are gullible enough to regurgitate hate that comes from the sources they seek out.

I gave Americans way more credit. My faith in the people of this country has been dramatically shaken.

When you consider the lies they believe, it begins to make sense. For instance, I have a friend that believes that Antifa and BLM were the ones breaking into the capitol. When I explained that they were all carrying Trump signs and such, he said it was because they were wanting it to seem like Trump supporters were doing the attacking. There are those that actually believe that Obama is still running the country and that Biden is just a figurehead.

If you were to find out that either of those things were true, you'd think like they do as well.

They also are completely sure that Biden lost the 2020 election. They point to the alleged fraud in Georgia where the two election workers supposedly did something with ballots. On top of that, they swear that those ladies were arrested.

Of course, they were never arrested. And on top of that, one lawsuit after another have proven that the election wasn't stolen at all. But they don't buy it. Why? I haven't any idea.

Sometimes, and this may seem a little on the rude side, but I think that with some of these folks, if brains were gun powder, they wouldn't have enough to blow their noses

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
You dislike the facts so you refuse to accept the facts. Just like trump lost the election and broke the law trying to remain in power.

I came to this thread a little late and I guess I didn't miss much.

Interesting I think it sort of distilled down to the essence of the next election for an "swing voter" - i.e a voter that isn't going to vote party line regardless of the candidate.

The question I think comes down to

[1] Is Biden mentally fit to run the country

versus

[2] Can you vote for a guy who refuses to admit he lost, tried to break the law to stay in power - and did and said all the very, very, very long list of all the trash, narcistic, non-American, self interest B.S tings.

Maybe that's being captain obvious - but it's what I think it comes down to. Immigration, economy, Isreal, Ukraine - all take a back seat to those two drivers. And it's prbably been said before but I'd vote for rock covered in moss before I'd vote for the corruptness and chaos that is Trump.

And personally I think Biden's memory is going fast - I hate the choice the Democrats have forced on the voters. But given his state of the union speech and performance - when he's on form he's much more able to talk intelligently than Trump. For all the cringeworthy moments of Biden stumbling and looking bad - Trump has as many brain farts and moments of utter brainlessness. What a freaking choice for the most powerful nation on earth - what more do you need to see to know the system is totally broke.

Last edited by mgh888; 03/09/24 08:29 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
2 members like this: PitDAWG, mac
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
At a time when true leadership is needed. Voters are left once again with selecting not the best candidate but the one who will be less harmful.

Even with the two available choices trump is by far the worst possible choice.

If there is justice in this country; he deserves to be put in jail for the crimes he has committed.

In addition he has no qualifications for the office. He has no loyalty to the constitution and the rule of Law.

Not putting him in jail is saying he is above the law.

trump being the GOP candidate is a statement of the condition of the country.

Legend
Legend
Obviously you missed his brilliance during his speech the other night exposing MAGA GOPers and the SC on the world stage.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Obviously you missed his brilliance during his speech the other night exposing MAGA GOPers and the SC on the world stage.

He literally mentioned the SotU in his post. Good grief, man…

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
its so funny watching people roast old people for being old, yet go straight to the voting booth and vote they old ass into office.

its like the same people had the chance to practice what they preach and vote for a younger candidate regardless of party.....but don't...or won't. clearly the younger-middle age crowd think they're capable of running the country, OR....its an indictment on how we view the current group of leaders in the younger age groups.

wish people would be honest.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm pretty sure i'm casting my vote for Kennedy.

Everyone says he won't win because no one votes for the independent. So, maybe my vote and others can inspire change in future elections.

I'm sick of dumb and dumber political part going after each other.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm waiting to see if No Labels comes up with a candidate.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Same. Manchin and Haley both said no so I’m curious to see who they get, if anyone.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
My consideration of a No Labels candidate is based more on geography as it is anything. I live in Tennessee. There is a zero percent chance Biden can win Tennessee. I mean it's nowhere in the neighborhood of being close. If I lived in a swing state I would vote for Biden because in that case my vote may actually make a difference in the outcome. But here it will not.

As you, I and a host of others have indicated we are not happy with the choice of either party in who they have nominated. A lot of the country shares that view. So voting for Biden in Tennessee would be an exercise in futility. At least a vote for No Labels would be a statement of my disgust in the candidates both parties have chosen. If enough people vote No Labels at least it would send a strong message to both parties they need to wake the hell up and offer better choices.

So I can cast a meaningless vote or cast a vote that sends a message.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
This is an important article. It is the history of the trump family.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...p-dementia-father-fred-alzheimers-biden/

Legend
Legend
Pay site, can’t read it. But it’s obvious trump has been showing symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease for sometime now.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I didn't pay?

Google Fred trump dementia

Legend
Legend
Did it. It’s hereditary. And it shows.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Plus the conniving sob basically stole from his family.

He has the moral spine of a jelly fish.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Plus the conniving sob basically stole from his family.

He has the moral spine of a jelly fish.

Nobody likes Donald. And his undoing is at hand. This makes him very dangerous IMHO, and I would put ABSOLUTELY NOTHING past him doing to win. And I’m certain he will lose the legitimate 2024 election, just not sure if they’ve rigged the local levels to a point he can steal it. The entire MAGA movement is morally bankrupt, bereft of common sense, and toxic. It’s the political cancer in our democracy.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/21/24 09:33 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The electoral college is no longer useful to the US. It should be the popular vote alone.

If that were the case trump would never have been elected.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Leading psychiatrist:

Legend
Legend

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Leading psychiatrist:

There's definitely something not right with Trump.

I couldn't help but chuckle at your word choice, though. "Leading" can be taken a couple ways. There's leading as in top/best. There's also leading as in trying to steer one in a certain direction.

This is a new video on YouTube. But it feels like the video that the video is referencing is rather old. The "psychologist" says "if Trump becomes President." That would seem to indicate that he said it at least 8 years ago or so.

The YouTuber seemingly framing it in the present would appear to be misleading. Maybe he was misled by the article he was referencing. Or maybe I just don't trust anything media-related to be unbiased.

That doesn't invalidate what the Dr. said, but I try to be aware of how things might be being presented for effect along with the actual content.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The electoral college is no longer useful to the US. It should be the popular vote alone.

If that were the case trump would never have been elected.

we are not a democracy.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yes we are and no we’re not. We have always had a democracy, but GOPers hang on to the term ‘republic’ like a dog with a bone. Potato potato.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
We've got a long way to go to match Roman Empire--- our democracy has worked for over 200 years- founders were very small- the big states couldn't crush the little states-- large population states can't crush small population states---mainly two party system is better than most. Sure wish we had younger generation option- Trump is morally bankrupt/to old, Biden is two old, but not on same moral corruption as Trump......anybody but Trump. Kennedy seems pretty goofy----maybe not him either.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
We've got a long way to go to match Roman Empire--- our democracy has worked for over 200 years- founders were very smart- the big states couldn't crush the little states-- large population states can't crush small population states---mainly two party system is better than most. Sure wish we had younger generation option- Trump is morally bankrupt/to old, Biden is two old, but not on same moral corruption as Trump......anybody but Trump. Kennedy seems pretty goofy----maybe not him either.

Last edited by hitt; 03/25/24 04:59 PM. Reason: spelling

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
trump's cognitive decline may just be his normal self because it doesn't get much worse than this intellectually.

"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

Basically just kill yourself.

Great advice from the person who is leading the country.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
trump's cognitive decline may just be his normal self because it doesn't get much worse than this intellectually.

"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

Basically just kill yourself.

Great advice from the person who is leading the country.

Honestly, I don't think it's that bad of a question. He's not telling anyone to do anything there. It kind of sounds like chelation therapy. Or like blood purification devices that got emergency use authorizations during COVID. link

Yes, he's an idiot that says dumb things. I'm not sure that is the best example. One can quibble about disinfectant (for bacteria by definition) vs antiviral but that seems to be a pretty common usage (including the EPA link.)

Obviously, blood would have to be oxygenated through different means while the lungs were "being cleaned," (i.e, something like ECMO?) but it's not a complete impossibility (or maybe it is?). It might be worth scientific inquiry. An inhaled (or applied through positive pressure) antiviral could be a line of inquiry to consider.

He didn't say to huff household cleaners (at least not there) despite some people trying to interpret it that way. That "like that" is probably doing more work for me than it did for you.

Doesn't mean it isn't a blind squirrel/nut situation.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I see the excuse machine is in full force.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Don't worry, Bubby, it will get trampled by the fake outrage machine. thumbsup

FATE #2064343 03/29/24 11:42 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think the outrage is fake nor should it be.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Isn't it weird though?

On one hand people equate the above to Trump telling people to drink Lysol and are outraged.

On the other, they act like him insisting to hundreds of millions to get the vaccine doesn't exist and never happened.

Seems like some reeaaaly selective way of seeking some #fakeoutrage.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I guess I will run out and buy a bible from a guy who was caught banging a porn star while his wife was home with his new born son.

You can look at this creep under your own lens.

The stupidity of his comments about injecting disinfectants and other comments made during that press conference casts a spotlight on his ignorance.

Remember this. He lost the election. He knows he lost. A plan was put into place to have his VP overturn an election that was over after all legal challenges were made.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus cognitive decline

Link Copied to Clipboard