Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
I'm curious what all the debate is about?

What we know...

1. Delhomme is getting 7 million this year, it's his job.
2. Holmgren has already said McCoy won't see the field.
3. The rest is freakin' moot.

#GMSTRONG
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

kurt warner - Probably HOF

Warner is a certain HOF! He'll be a first ballot HOF too!

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I agree DC.

We finally get a FO with experience and a level of success that we havent had here since rebirth and it simply amazes me with some posters on this board.

I have said the same thing........

SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We all no this was Holmgrens pick, but to say he just pulled rank is not the whole truth of the matter.
He asked the other 2 if they could offer a higher valued pick @ 85 and of course they could not, because the truth is that It's about the point in the draft that they had him placed. It wasn't a reach. Pick #38 would have been and if he really wanted to pull rank and be a Richard he would have done it then, because the whole world had us taking McCoy in the 2nd round. They did not push the issue untill the time where he was on their board.

Okay we have our guy, pluse we have Ward and Hardesty before ever taking a player everyone had us taking @#38 and both of the others would
Have been drafted before we were due to pick again @#71.

This was a case of a team manipulating the draft.
Like NewEngland, the Raven and Colts do year after year.

I have a good feeling about this draft and it's been a good 20 years since the last time I had the same feeling after one of our drafts.

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 04/28/10 10:23 AM.

[Linked Image]

O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
Quote:

We all no this was Holmgrens pick, but to say he just pulled rank is not the whole truth of the matter.
He asked the other 2 if they could offer a higher valued pick @ 85 and of course they could not, because the truth is that It's about the point in the draft that they had him placed. It wasn't a reach. Pick #38 would have been and if he really wanted to pull rank and be a Richard he would have done it then, because the whole world had us taking McCoy in the 2nd round. They did not push the issue untill the time where he was on their board.

Okay we have our guy, pluse we have Ward and Hardesty before ever taking a player everyone had us taking @#38 and both of the others would
Have been drafted before we were due to pick again @#71.

This was a case of a team manipulating the draft.
Like NewEngland, the Raven and Colts do year after year.

I have a good feeling about this draft and it's been a good 20 years since the last time I had the same feeling after one of our drafts.

FL Dawg, I think your dead on about those teams manipulating the draft, they have been doing it for years, especially the Pats. Again they came out ahead, a "B" rated draft and 2 first and second rounders for next year already.

I really think if MH was going to pull rank, it should have been in round #2 with the second pick, I think we may regret not taking JC at that spot, especially if Hardesty is on the IR or doesn't prove worthy of a #2 pick and gets shown up by Dwyer a #6 pick we could have had.

N
Legend
Legend
N
why do you think holmgren would have drafted jimmy claussen?

he comes off as a pretty straight-shooter and he was very clear that he did not like jimmy, and did like colt. we didn't draft jimmy when we could have, but we did draft colt. nothing i see to think that he wasn't being honest there.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He asked the other 2 if they could offer a higher valued pick @ 85 and of course they could not, because the truth is that It's about the point in the draft that they had him placed.

Your comment about rank isn't accurate... This is his quote:

At number 83, two spots before the Browns were going to pick, Atlanta GM Dimitroff picked Peters, the defensive tackle the Browns had in their sights at 85.

"Then,'' Holmgren said, laughing, "the fates were telling me something. We had to pick him. I said to Tom, 'Let's pull the trigger.' I tried to run this draft the way Ron Wolf used to in Green Bay. Everyone contributed. But I kind of pulled rank a little bit. I said, 'Let's do this.'''

They wanted Corey Peters..he was picked.. they supposedly didn't have abother player slotted there that we know of..so he did pull rank..

Last edited by Attack Dawg; 04/28/10 11:28 AM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
So the fact is they had two guys slotted there and one was picked, the other one wasn't.

Hey! Didn't they do that in the first round too?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Usually as sarcastic as I am I can see the humor but I really don't in this case..weak..

P
Legend
Legend
P
How so? We had Berry with pretty much a bulls-eye on the guy. He went two picks before us. So we drafted Haden.

Isn't that exactly what happened in round 3?

I don't diminish, question nor am I calling Haden our "second rated pick". That's just how the draft works.

You have a big board with more than one player designated with each pick. So by your very own logic IMO, where is there really a difference here?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How so?

Well ya could set up your line better..thats how..
I was being sarcastic again..

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

How so?

Well ya could set up your line better..thats how..
I was being sarcastic again..

Firstly I was kinda in a hurry.

Secondly, I shoulda known!

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Colt McCoy was a good value @#85.
I'm just some what confused R U trying to suggest that he wasn't even on their board?
What happened prior to pick #85 is a moot point.
MH was brought here to do just what he did and I'm not going to ? his motivation to improve this team @ the QB position. After all the buck stops @ his door. I think U R taking his statments out of contex.

Mike has been a good judge of talent his whole career. He did attempt to trade up to get Sam Bradford and I will trust his judgement on by passing Clausen.

McCoy may or May not be a Franchise QB. We might draft one next year or make a trade for one. McCoy will I think at the very least be a solid back-up QB for us.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Holmgren knows QB's.

I don't care where he picked a QB, he's not going to take ANY QB just because "It's a good value".

If he takes a QB, whether it be 1st round or 7th round, it's because he seems something in him he likes.

If he was gonna pick a QB, "Just because the value was good", then we would have taken Clausen in the 2nd.

Will McCoy be our franchise QB? Who knows? (Everyone knows how I feel about it, but I've been known to be wrong before lol). But, Holmgren drafted him because he sees the potential in him. After a year of evaluating him, he might feel the need to go QB in next years draft. Who knows?

All I know is, Holmgren sees something in McCoy to draft him, regardless of where he was taken at.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would hope we liked all of the players we drafted.

If we don't like a prospect like Clausen we don't draft him weather someone else feels he has 2 nd round value.
He has no value to us at all then.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
j/c...

A friend of mine who is a lifelong Austinite and UT Alum told me one of Colt's nicknames is "Pistoles McCoy" as he's referred to on the spanish language feed of UT games.

Legend
Legend
Another rehash article,,, but some fun stuff to read

Quote:

P.M. Cleveland Browns links: Saddlin' up a Colt; picks win praise
By Starting Blocks, The Plain Dealer
April 29, 2010, 4:22PM

Mike Florio, who writes for sportingnews.com, took a look at the top four quarterbacks taken in the draft -- Sam Bradford of Oklahoma, Tim Tebow of Florida, Jimmy Clausen of Notre Dame and a guy with the football name in recent memory, Colt McCoy of Texas.

Florio's assessment: The Browns could end up happier than the Rams, Broncos or Panthers, the new homes of Bradford, Tebow and Clausen, respectively.

Of the top four quarterbacks taken in the 2010 draft, McCoy could be in the best position to succeed.

His relatively low draft status will allow him to develop without the burden of expectations or timetables. His affiliation with Browns president Mike Holmgren will give him direct access to the man who harnessed and honed the talents of Brett Favre.

With the Browns quietly but effectively improving the quality of the roster, McCoy may end up with the kind of supporting cast that will allow him to become, within the next four years, better than Bradford, Tebow and Clausen.

Apropos of nothing, the cheapest roundtrip airfare to Indianapolis, home of Super Bowl XLVI in 2012, is hovering around $270, according to expedia.com

Gotcha covered
The 2009 Browns were hardly a pass-rushing force. You might go so far as to say they were bad. Kamerion Wimbley, now departed, led the team with 6.5, not even good enough to crack the top 20 in the league, which was led by Denver's Elvis Dumvervil with 17.

So why, you ask, as did bleacherreport.com blogger Derek Talib, didn't the Browns go after a big-time pass rusher to anchor the D Line?

Well basically, it's because the crew led by President Mike Holmgren, General Manager Tom Heckert, coach Eric Mangini and defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, is smarter than we are, as Talib noted.

When the Browns played the Steelers in their second go-round, Ryan trusted his defensive backs to cover, which allowed him to pressure the quarterback. Ben Roethlisberger has never been hounded like that from any Browns defense in recent memory. Ben was assaulted from all angles from the Brown back-up players. What did that lesson teach the Cleveland Browns? If the defensive backfield is shored up, the rest of the defense can employ a more complex blitz package.

Those packages mean that pressure can come from anywhere, and it's all set up by having DBs who are good against the run -- and picks Joe Haden and T.J. Ward are good at that -- and both have excellent speed.

Mangini and Ryan had enough tape of their defensive backs missing open field tackles turning six (6) yard plays into twenty yard (20) plays or touchdowns. Haden allows the Browns to press receivers while sending pressure from the other areas on the defense.

TJ Ward is known as a hard hitting safety who has overcome injuries and hardship. He is a high character player that should instantly upgrade the safety spot. The injury concerns followed Adrian Peterson into the pros too, so TJ is in good company.

From the Plain Dealer
Browns beat writer Tony Grossi offers his guess at the Browns' depth chart, in the wake of last week's 2010 NFL draft. The consensus: The team is going to need some veteran pickups.

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/index.ssf/2010/04/pm_cleveland_browns_links_smar.html

I bolded an interesting part that I enjoyed reading... hope it's true.

Oh,, the reason I put it under the McCoy thread is because that's wht it started out talking aboiut.. it's really about more than just McCoy however...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

TJ Ward is known as a hard hitting safety who has overcome injuries and hardship. He is a high character player that should instantly upgrade the safety spot. The injury concerns followed Adrian Peterson into the pros too, so TJ is in good company.

So... TJ Ward is like Adrian Peterson? In the 2nd round, that's a pretty good value.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

So... TJ Ward is like Adrian Peterson? In the 2nd round, that's a pretty good value.

Well, I"d never go that far... but you can if you want

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
We dont need no more freakin vets in the secondary. Brown and Elam is enough.. And Elam needs to be replaced.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

We dont need no more freakin vets in the secondary. Brown and Elam is enough.. And Elam needs to be replaced.

IMO, Elam is a decent back-up

Legend
Legend
Just clicking

A couple of articles from todays PD

Quote:

Cleveland Browns draft pick Colt McCoy will do fine in NFL, college coach says
By Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer
April 30, 2010, 12:25AM

BEREA, Ohio — Texas football coach Mack Brown has been watching quarterback Colt McCoy prove folks wrong since McCoy showed up on his doorstep as a skinny kid from West Texas in 2005 -- and he's convinced it will be more of the same with McCoy in Cleveland.

"Colt came to our camps every year when he was young and had his heart set on Texas," recalled Brown on the eve of Browns rookie minicamp, which begins today.

"There was another quarterback [Ryan Perrilloux] that had verbally committed to us -- a national player that everybody said was the greatest in the country. Colt said, 'I don't care who's there, coach. I'm going to play for you and I'll be great, so just take me.' "

Perrilloux ended up signing with Louisiana State University and McCoy redshirted that season -- the year Texas quarterback Vince Young put on one of the best performances in college history to beat USC in the BCS title game. Soon after, Young announced he was leaving college early for the NFL, and McCoy told his coaches not to worry, that he'd be the best quarterback they ever had.

"He looked like he was 12 years old when he told us that," said Brown. "He wasn't even shaving."

First, McCoy had to beat out another highly touted rookie quarterback -- Jevan Snead, who then transferred to Mississippi. Then he had to overcome the neverending comparisons to Young, who went on to become NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and a first-year Pro Bowler with the Tennessee Titans.

"Everybody said, 'I don't know if Colt's going to be as good as Vince,' " said Brown. "And Colt would say, 'I'm not going to be Vince. I'll make my own name.' He never lived in Vince's shadow."

Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel knows how good McCoy can be: Bill LivingstonInstead, McCoy went out and won more games in four years -- 45 -- than any quarterback in college history. He also set the NCAA record for completion percentage in 2008 (76.7) and 47 Texas records. In 2009, he led the Longhorns back to the national title game -- but got knocked out of the contest with a neck stinger on the fifth play in a loss to Alabama.

"His whole life, people have been questioning what he could do and he just steps up and answers the bell," said Brown.

On draft day, while McCoy was falling to the Browns in the third round, No. 85 overall, Brown -- who was in New York serving as an analyst for ESPN -- heard all the criticisms about McCoy's height (6-1 1/2) and arm strength.

"I don't think his height is an issue," said Brown. "He's not the prototype, but you look at Drew Brees and Joe Montana. Brees will go down as one of the greatest. I didn't think he looked short in the Super Bowl. I thought he looked really good when he completed just about every pass.

"I think the guys that have instincts, they have the ability to find those holes when the defensive line spreads and Colt is one of those guys. He had very few passes batted down in college."

As for his arm strength, Brown swears it won't be a problem.

"I heard some of the analysts talking about the weather in Cleveland, that it might be tough for a guy that didn't have the great arm, but I really think his arm is as strong as anybody we've had, including Young," said Brown. "We play in a lot of windy weather in West Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma and I never felt like he didn't have the arm strength. He's got a lot of snap and he's 214 pounds, not the skinny little guy people might perceive."

He said McCoy's skills will translate well to the pro game even though he played in a shotgun spread offense.

"Our offense is very much like what Cleveland will be running," Brown said. "We run a pro-style offense. We stick a little option in, but by and large, he's seen all the reads, and gets the ball out of his hands."

He said McCoy's mobility will also serve him well in the pros.

"You don't have to be perfect with your protection all the time because he can beat you with his feet," said Brown.

Some of the best things about McCoy, though, are the ones you can't measure, he said.

"Browns fans will love his passion," he said. "He has 12 fourth-quarter come-from-behind wins and many were dramatic. He'll want to play right away, but he'll be patient and listen. He'll be for Cleveland, not for himself. He'll pull hard for the other two quarterbacks, and every minute of every day he'll be waiting for his chance."

Brown said he's never met a fiercer competitor than McCoy.

"Colt has been successful at everything he's ever done," said Brown. "He was a Big 12 Academic All American and a unanimous captain for us. He's in church three times a week and he doesn't cuss or drink alcohol. He's done as much as anybody to change lives in this state with the platform he had. He'll be tremendous in the community."

And on the football field?

"I have no doubt he'll be a really good quarterback for the Browns," he said. "He could play this year, but I'm glad he won't. The Browns hit a home run."

And then there is this one:

Quote:

Ohio State coach Jim Tressel knows what Cleveland Browns' Colt McCoy is capable of: Bill Livingston
By Bill Livingston, The Plain Dealer
April 29, 2010, 8:51PM

"Boom" Herron crashed off tackle at the opposing 15-yard line, with nothing but synthetic grass ahead of him, and the roar from the Ohio State crowd engulfed him as he ran into the end zone. There were 2 minutes, 5 seconds to play, and underdog Ohio State had taken the lead from Texas, 21-17, in the 2009 Fiesta Bowl.

Underneath the elation was unease. The Buckeyes, who had been trailing, 17-15, might have scored too soon. A field goal, taken after milking the clock, would have won it, too.

No coach in his right mind, of course, would have told Herron not to score. You always take the bird in the hand. But Jim Tressel was unhappy at the thought of turning the game back over to Colt McCoy, Quarterback of the Future for the Browns.

"Throughout the drive we talked about burning as much clock as possible. That is why we ran the same basic off tackle play two times in a row. I'm not sure we expected to break one for a TD. When we scored with that much time on the clock it did concern me. However, I had confidence in our defense as well," said Tressel.

McCoy -- who had no running game, who "had been hit like he had never been hit before," according to Tressel -- took the Longhorns 78 yards in 11 plays and won the game with 16 seconds to play.

Tressel felt he had seen a ghost.

The Colt McCoy of that game was far more mature than the redshirt freshman whose team had lost to the Buckeyes in Austin, Texas, in 2006. He reminded Tressel, an old Baldwin-Wallace quarterback, of Drew Brees before he became America's Quarterback and the saint of New Orleans. Preparing for Purdue's "basketball on grass" offense in 2001, Tressel, then a first-year head coach at OSU, watched film of Brees, who had graduated in 2000, passing the Buckeyes dizzy in a 31-27 comeback victory.

McCoy, a Browns third-round draft pick, is about the same size as Brees. Has the same obvious leadership qualities. Led the same rally against the Buckeyes without anything to rely on except his arm.

"Both Drew and Colt are first-class people, but it took time for Drew to become the player he is today," said Tressel. "I think, over time, Colt will play that position in the NFL. He certainly has one of the very, very best tutors in Mike Holmgren."

At Ohio State, Tressel monitored the growth of Glenville's Troy Smith, as Smith went from a running quarterback to a Heisman Trophy-winning, pocket-passing, Michigan-killing monster. "The biggest thing with Troy was making him realize he had to see the big picture," said Tressel.

He was referring not only to playbook options, but to learning to conduct himself like a leader off the field ,too. The Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger, among others, has not learned that yet. "I'm pretty sure Colt already knows that," Tressel said.

He discounts criticism that quarterbacks from the spread offense are unsuited for the NFL game. "Almost all of the players in college now have run some spread in high school. It's becoming more of a presence in the NFL, too," said Tressel. "Peyton Manning is in the shotgun a lot. Tom Brady goes empty [with no one else in the backfield] and takes the Patriots right down the field. I don't think there's the same emphasis on the prototypical NFL quarterback."

Asked the top quality a quarterback must have, Tressel said, bluntly, "Toughness."

He thinks McCoy might have hung on to the ball, taking the big hits, too much in the most controversial moment of his college career. In the Big 12 championship game, sacked repeatedly by Nebraska's Ndamukong Suh, McCoy allowed all but one second to run off the clock before throwing the ball away. On the game's last play, Texas won on a field goal, 13-12.

"He looked dazed at the end. That was one of those knockdown, drag-out, heavyweight title fight games," said Tressel. "Colt will probably have some of those at Browns Stadium with the Ravens and the Steelers."

Tressel's only doubts about McCoy involve timing.

"It's just so important," said Tressel. "I thought Marty Schottenheimer did a marvelous job when Bernie Kosar was a rookie, having him turn and hand off, turn and hand off, until he got used to the speed of the game and the athleticism of the players. Same with Mark Sanchez with the Jets. Run the ball, run the ball, and throw on safe passing downs.

"In high school," he continued, "quarterbacks complete passes to receivers who are wide open. In college, they complete them to receivers who are open. In the pros, they complete them to receivers who are covered. The throw has to be to a spot."

With the Browns, Tim Couch was battered because the offensive line was not ready. Derek Anderson was battered. Brady Quinn was battered.

A lifelong Browns fan, Tressel said: "You don't want to get Colt beat up right away. Let him rest and learn. That way, he doesn't face that weekly grind of being the guy who has to come through. When he's ready, maybe the Browns will be ready too, and that wonderment of good timing will be with Cleveland, for once."

© 2010 cleveland.com. All rights reserved.

I've gotta discount some of what Mack says,, after all, he was McCoys coach,, he's not going to blow the kid up... not even a little bit. Kinda like Wiess did with Quinn.. So I take his comments with a grain of salt.

As for Tressel,, his comments are much more telling...

But as always, take it for what it's worth..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
So tired of hearing how successful McCoy is gonna be from Coach Brown.

McCoy should not see the field.. as most 3rd string QB's don't..

Next years draft.. Premier Right Tackle.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

So tired of hearing how successful McCoy is gonna be from Coach Brown.

What do you expect....

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

"Our offense is very much like what Cleveland will be running," Brown said. "We run a pro-style offense.

I wasn't going to touch this article until I read that.

I've watched Mack Brown week-in and week-out for years down here. He's a helluva guy, the kind of guy you wish was the head of your family. The kind of guy you could give all your life-savings to and know it's going to be kept safe. But like all great men who teach kids the game of football, he's a HUGE Homer, and in this case, he's a flat-out liar on Colt's behalf.

If what Texas ran is a "pro-style" offense, then so is the Run & Shoot and so is the Spread-option that Florida runs.

To me, this kind of crap hurts Colt's cause. It doesn't help it.

I think I'm going to keep a tally of the number of times "Colt McCoy" and "Joe Montana" are mentioned in the same article.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Our offense is very much like what Cleveland will be running," Brown said. "We run a pro-style offense.

Uh,it was easier for Texas to run a pro-style offense than it was for Cleveland to run a pro-style offense last year..
I've seen enough of QB's in my time to get a feel for if they can be good NFL QB's..this is another one of those wait n see..we don't know..the success rate isn't good..if dude had a cannon arm,I'd say his chances will be better, but who knows he could become a competent player..but I certainly will not hype him.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The funny thing is Toad, what Brown had to say was dismissed in the initial post the article was in.

What was pointed out about the article, is what Tressel said.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I wasn't going to touch this article until I read that.

Which is why I mentioned that all should take his comments with a grain of salt...

I don't know what anyone expects Mack Brown to say.. it's not like he's going to throw arguably the best QB his program has had under a bus.

Now,, let's talk about what Tressel said. Oh wait,, that's complementary towards McCoy so maybe we should ignore that also

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
j/c

Quote:

Browns rookie QB Colt McCoy looked impressive in rookie camp practice today, belting out the signals with authority and hitting receivers in stride with an effortless motion.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/CLE

Legend
Legend
I got that twitter from Mangini too.

Of course the receivers were only 8 yards away because that's as far as Senior Noodle Arm can throw it...

yebat' Putin
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

I don't know what anyone expects Mack Brown to say.. it's not like he's going to throw arguably the best QB his program has had under a bus.

Just as I don't know what anyone expects Tressel to say. It's not like he's going to throw the Cleveland Browns QB under a bus.

Or the Michigan Wolves QB under a bus.

Or the Stanford Cardinals QB under a bus.

Or any QB under a bus............

All the talk is over. It won't prove anything. His play will prove his medal. I'm hopeful he can beat the odds.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Just as I don't know what anyone expects Tressel to say. It's not like he's going to throw the Cleveland Browns QB under a bus.

Or the Michigan Wolves QB under a bus.

Or the Stanford Cardinals QB under a bus.

Or any QB under a bus............

Especially one that just beat him...

yebat' Putin
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Juice Williams is a camp invitee. He was the QB for Illinois and was a pretty impressive athlete.

Not sure what role they want him to play.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Juice Williams is a camp invitee. He was the QB for Illinois and was a pretty impressive athlete.

Not sure what role they want him to play.

Sounds like 3rd-string wildcat to me.

R
2nd String
2nd String
R
slash

All Pro
All Pro
Tressel's got those Orange Goggles on. He's a Homer I tell you.

He also got burned pretty good by our third round pick. Give it time and we'll see what we've got.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
P
Legend
Legend
P
All these guys with their crytal balls trying to discount a drafted player. You'd think they'd at least be willing to see the kid on the field before they make him a sacrificial lamb.

Nobody knows how a kid will turn out. I hope for the best and we know he has the accuracy. Everybody knows the jury is still out on him, but some board experts like to try to predict the future.

I got a feeling it may just come back to haunt them this time. And all because they didn't get "their boy".

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

All these guys with their crytal balls trying to discount a drafted player. You'd think they'd at least be willing to see the kid on the field before they make him a sacrificial lamb.

Yeah, I don't get that either.. haven't seen him throw 1 pass in even a preseason NFL game,, and yet, some on here say he's not going to make it..

don't have a clue which way McCoy will end up turning out.. too damn many variables.. I'm happy to just let it play out...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yes, spring is in the air and the latest Browns QB speculation seedling is blooming in all of its glory.

Is McCoy a future HOF'er or another draft pick squandered? Did the Browns repeat history or have the broken the QB curse that came with their re-entry into the league 11 long, long years ago?

Holmgren, use some of those cow droppings for fertilizer, water well and give him lots of sunlight. Encourage his growth with positive words. Shelter him from the storm of media and fan scrutiny. Don't pick before its ready and hopfully we will enjoy the fruits of your wisdom.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

L
Legend
Legend
L
did anyone else read this and expect the poster to be Bard...lol

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Browns 3rd Round Pick I: Colt McCoy (QB)

Link Copied to Clipboard