Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

he protagonist has become the bad guy. Are you going to cheer when Jesse, Mike, Hank, Skyler, or one of the White kids gets killed because Walt can't stop?

I had to quote this again because this is spot on.

Ugh can't stand Walt anymore and wont mind seeing him get whatever it is he has coming.

I'm almost over the loss, not quite though. RIP Mike

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I'm afraid its only going to get worse.

At least Mike was already a criminal & stone cold killer.

Seeing Jesse, Sklylar, or Hank bite it would be 100 times harder on me...

Legend
Legend
Oh boy.

That's all I have to say.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
This is what I said on my Twitter....

"I......I'm.......I'm.....I feel...."

Speechless.

Do I get any credit for having my Tuesday post from above being spot on (the last paragraph)? And pay no attention to my other 21 predictions that didn't come true.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
With alll the time and money spent on research and manpower...All he had to do this whole time was sit down and take a dump.....

Legend
Legend
Now the big question is:

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
*** SPOILERS AHEAD ****

Definitely more than intrigued by the ending, but what happened to Walt's brain in that episode?

Really? Skylar's visual aid in the storage unit is what gave him the perspective he needed to quit? He didn't know how much money he'd made? Maybe she could have saved time and just printed up a colorful, USA-Today-like graph.

And REALLY? A book on the crapper? I can't remember clearly, but I HOPE they will reveal that he didn't know that was written in there. Especially after Hank read him the same exact passage . . .

Mike made it a LOT longer in the ill-gotten-gains biz w/out slipping up, Walter . . .

Oh well, to err is human and the wait for the 2nd half, NEXT YEAR, will be a long one . . .

******** SPOILERS ABOVE ****************

C
Legend
Legend
C
Also, who goes for a book instead of a magazine when on the pot?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He went for the magazines first but I believe they were more woman's geared magazines, like good housekeeping or whatever, something that obviously wasn't interesting to him.

Eat it Phil...
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
It's funny, my nephew just started watching BB a few weeks back. While we were over his house last night, him and I threw in season 3 (his goal is to catch up before I delete S5 off my DVR).

I got to watch the episode where Gale recites the Walt Whitman poem in the lab and where Hank calls Walt toast for help on catching Jesse (and Heisenberg). On the call, Walt is reading the book. Maybe it was planned to have the book in that scene...Hank getting close and needing Walt to help....fast forward to the toilet scene, it's there.

I thought it was a neat way for Hank to figure it out.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend
This is pure genius. Everybody needs to stop what they're doing and watch this right now.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I hate to wish the weekend away, but Cmon Sunday!

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

I hate to wish the weekend away, but Cmon Sunday!

I know! Bring...it...on.

I've seen plenty of shows overstay their welcome. X-Files, LOST, Dexter, etc . . .

But THESE writers could have kept this going one more season after this one. I have no doubt.

My biggest reason, other than being my favorite show ever, for wanting one more season . . . .MAJOR SPOILER BELOW . . . .

How can they have only 8 more episodes after Hank catches on??? They should have a whole season and a half of he & Walt playing cat & mouse.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think they are thinking (lots of thinking) that they want to go out on top. Season 5 has been my favorite so far, even though seasons 1-4 were outstanding as well.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I don't think we have seen the last of Gus' family from Chile.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Just a FYI, if anybody needs to catch up on the first half of season 5, Netflix uploaded the episodes this last weekend. I'm trying to rush through before Sunday.

I want the Cleveland Browns to be my pallbearers so they can let me down for the last time.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

I think they are thinking (lots of thinking) that they want to go out on top. Season 5 has been my favorite so far, even though seasons 1-4 were outstanding as well.

SPOILERS if you haven't caught up yet!

I don't think anything can top the 2nd half of season 3. That was just pure genius in my opinion. The RV trap in the dump, to "One Minute", to Walt's admission about the night Jane died (not all the way, but how he would have been okay if his life ended that night), Jesse meets Andrea, the meeting with Gus and his dealers, Mike's "Half Measures" speech, the look on Walt's face when he hears Tomas got killed and sprints out to save Jesse, to "Run", to the meeting in the Laser Tag building with Saul and then to how Walt played Mike to let him call Jesse and then shoot Gale (and the look on Jesse's face....that won in the Emmy).

So ya, Season 3 is my favorite.

S4 and S5 is really great too. From S4, box cutter, "the "Problem Dog" speech, and the whole Lilly of the valley ending (last 4 sodes). From S5, I had nightmares after the train sode. Jesse's reaction was amazing.

I'm so excited!

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

How can they have only 8 more episodes after Hank catches on??? They should have a whole season and a half of he & Walt playing cat & mouse.

Yeah, they should've cut the walking dead back to 12 episodes by getting rid of some of the filler episodes they had that meant nothing and left breaking bad's budget alone.

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
j/c

Somehow / someway I previously missed this thread over the last 2 years. Not sure if it is a blessing or not.

A few months back I was talking to someone about how good Walking Dead was and he mentioned he wasn't a fan, but that he loved Breaking Bad. I had no clue as to what BB was. A few weeks later the GF and I were looking for something new and NetFlix, bless its little heart, recommended BB for me. I thought sure. Someone said it was good. UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR! The show is downright filthy awesome, IMHO. So I have went through all the seasons and have enjoyed the ride. I'm going to miss this show when it is over.

Back to my original statement about being a blessing that I missed seeing this thread. Not seeing it has allowed me to not have to wait between seasons in agony to see what will happen next. I love being able to blow through this thing and now get to wait only once for the finale. But I did miss out on the whole thread which would have been fun too.

I have not seen any teasers / trailers or anything for the final season and to be honest I'm not sure how they can top the entire Gus story line.

Here is my thoughts on how this can go:

*** Previous Episodes Spoiler Alert *****

I believe Walt dies. I think the writers gave him the death sentence when the boy got shot during the train heist. Walt is now well deserving of the same fate as Gus when this happens. That kid's blood is on his hands and you just can't have a kid killer make it. Now does Hank get him? Hmmm. I say the cancer comes back and Walt gets the death sentence by the doctors. Rather than continuing to fight it out with Hank, Walt will give up to Hank and Hank becomes "a hero" to the DEA, OR Walt plays cat and mouse with Hank until the end and commits suicide by cop with Hank since he is dying anyway again making Hank the "Hero" for the DEA. Somewhere someone's gotta pay for that kid. Jesse's moral compass has been turned towards the better for awhile now while Walt's turned the other way. When he said he was in the empire business and has shown no remorse for the death of that child, that "Gus-ified" him.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
The writers only wanted one final season and only wrote a final season. AMC broke it into two seasons. They didn't have control over how many episodes would be written.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Breaking Bad and Walking Dead are my top two shows. AMC really kills it.

I do have one issue with Breaking Bad though that I think the writers kind of dropped the ball on.

Early on in the Gus/Walt/Jesse marriage, Gus wanted absolutely nothing to do with Jesse because he's a loose cannon. He saw that Walt was very much like himself - a methodical, extremely smart guy - and tried to build that relationship. But what I don't get is how quickly Gus turned on Walt and moved onto Jesse. I know there were certain events that caused this, but Jesse never stopped being a loose cannon. That's who he is. It just didn't make any sense to me. The only logical explanation I can come up with is Gus was unraveling a little bit and allowing his emotions and dislike of Walt to cloud his judgment. Ultimately, that was his undoing.

But a careful guy like Gus to choose Jesse over Walt ... it just didn't ring true to me.

C
Legend
Legend
C
He was trying to turn Jesse against Walt.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
*Spoilers / Why are you in this thread? *

I never really understood why Gus had a problem with Walt in the first place.

My understanding was he didn't trust Walt because he worked with Jesse and possibly sensed he was a loose cannon. So he reluctantly hired Walt with the intention of killing him as soon as Gale could cook. It never seemed to make a lot of sense to me. Especially killing Vincent seemed odd.

I hope we learn some more about Gus' history in Chile.

2 more days until Hank gets off the toilet

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Breaking Bad and Walking Dead are my top two shows. AMC really kills it.

I do have one issue with Breaking Bad though that I think the writers kind of dropped the ball on.

Early on in the Gus/Walt/Jesse marriage, Gus wanted absolutely nothing to do with Jesse because he's a loose cannon. He saw that Walt was very much like himself - a methodical, extremely smart guy - and tried to build that relationship. But what I don't get is how quickly Gus turned on Walt and moved onto Jesse. I know there were certain events that caused this, but Jesse never stopped being a loose cannon. That's who he is. It just didn't make any sense to me. The only logical explanation I can come up with is Gus was unraveling a little bit and allowing his emotions and dislike of Walt to cloud his judgment. Ultimately, that was his undoing.

But a careful guy like Gus to choose Jesse over Walt ... it just didn't ring true to me.

I just re-watched the opener of season 4 and noticed something that might answer your question. Immediately following the box-cutting, Gus looks at Walt and sees he's cowering in fear and choking back vomit then looks at Jesse, the camera holds a bit, Jesse goes from sulking and staring at the floor to meeting Gus's eyes while sitting straight up. My guess, the director and writers did this to show how Jesse can stand up to Gus, which he already did in the past, and Gus likes it.

From there on out, Gus sees that Jesse can take over the lab and if he can turn him against Walt, Gus can kill Walt, who is truly the brain of the team. And it's funny, Gus was so far ahead of Walk in S3 that we were just watching in awe, but in S4, Walt can see everything Gus is doing 10 steps ahead (well, after the box-cutting).

Gus had to align with one of them because he needs a cook.

[Linked Image]

R
Legend
Legend
R
Man, I'm going to have to go back and watch every season over again.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
SPOILER ALERT

I got to re-watch the scene where Hank asks about the "W.W." in Gale's booklet and it was a different version, only slightly. The re-filmed it to make Hank look a little more accusatory in my opinion.

I've noticed a few other things here and there. I really liked seeing the painting that Walt starred at in his hospital room after his fugue state and then remembering it one the one he was starring at again in the hotel room when he was meeting those dudes to coordinate the 12-man prison hit. The painting was a man in a boat rowing out to sea while his wife and two kids waved. Walt's actions are pulling him away from his family.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Thank you for bumping this Purp!

P
All Pro
All Pro
P
Cant Wait Cant Wait Cant Wait

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
/spoilers impending/

I wonder to what extent these subconscious trends or foreshadowings affect us. I can't claim to consciously notice any of it. But I wonder if I am picking up on some level.

A few examples I've had pointed out to me. The purple stuffed bear from the plane crash foreshadows Gus' death (faces burnt, eye missing). And when Gus is in the elevator on his way to see tuco's uncle, the dings of the elevator are the same of his bell.

I will be neat to see the show taken apart in the coming years to point out all the stuff I missed.

Here is a behind the scenes clip you guys might enjoy

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
Ha, that pizza scene is funny. I live in Arizona and I have actually had that pizza plenty of times. The Venezia's party pizza, it's every bit as big as it looks in that scene.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I want a quiet room, a cold Piraat beer, a small bowl of popcorn and all Hell to break look in the ABQ. Can't wait.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm glad I caught the marathon from episode 2 of last season, I forgot so much.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Episode just ended.

******** SPOILER ********************

wow that ending was awesome. is it wrong that i love it when Walt acts like a bad ass? telling Hank to tread lightly. EPIC

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
"If you don't know who I am, then I suggest you tread lightly".

Epic line.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Definitely a goose bump moment.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Can't believe he threatened Hank.

Walt is a wimp and a hardass at the same time. But he's a thinking hardass. He has to plot it all out. Hank could have snatched the life right out of him there at the end. That was badass how he shut the garage door.

I don't think Hank is going to take too kind to being threatened. Something tells me though that Hank isn't going to make it til episode 8.

Something else just occured to me. Even the hardest criminals seem to have some type of code they live by. Walt has none. He's empty. Now that Gus is gone, Walt is completely unlikable.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like how the camera focused on Jesse's disbelief of Walt while he was lying about what happened to Mike.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yup, Jesse is lost and he KNOWS Walt is lying to him. And if Walt finds out, he has to kill Jesse and Walt doesn't want to be that guy anymore (though he still is IMO).

I liked the opening a lot. Something didn't just go down between Hank and the DEA. For the house to be boarded up, covered and filled with graffiti and that the neighbor didn't just react as if she saw an alleged drug dealer, but the most horrible person on the planet that filled their streets with poison, murdered people and did who knows what else is coming. Something BAD happens to the White family in the media for it to get like that.

As for the final scene, wow. Walt doesn't admit to anything but fires a fierce warning shot right at Hank. Man, 7 more to go.

[Linked Image]

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Yeah, something tells me Lydia will have no problem giving Walt up if a problem arises during her distribution.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Breaking Bad - Seasons 4+

Link Copied to Clipboard