Don't let him leave the building!!!

Agreed!!!

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

CB Grimes meets with Browns

Grimes would be the guy I targeted at corner above all others. If he's all the way back from his achilles injury he's the most complete corner available, and in this market, he won't be horrifically expensive.

Now if we can just get Huff and Dansby in the building...

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Quote:

It has been said that Lombardi was helping game plan for Belichick last year and if we wouldn't have hired him he would have a spot in the Patriots front office right now.

That's a good one. I needed that laugh.

Belichek had five years to offer him a job and never did. After Lombardi left the Raiders he never smelled an opportunity to work in New England. They hired some Reece guy a few years back...How about when Scott Pioli left for KC? Belichek could have easily given him a job if he wanted him but didn't.

Hmmmmm.

Quote:

One other plus for Lombardi: Despite technically being out of the NFL for five years, it’s one of the worst-kept secrets that he has been consulting for Belichick during that time.

“He still puts the game plans together for Bill Belichick,” Brian Baldinger, Lombardi’s NFL Network colleague, told 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland Friday.

“I see the stuff being used week in, week out. There’s no question that Bill uses the advanced scouting Mike delivers to him.”

Boston Globe

OverToad #764730 03/16/13 07:13 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Grimes is almost a must sign. No way we can run Horton's D with two rookies back there. (and we would have to if we don't sign someone).

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Forgot about Grimes. Risking signing, not just because of the knee.

Grimes is better in zone coverage and Horton plays a crapload of man coverage. This is hyperbole, but it's similar to Asomugha excelling at man coverage with the Raiders and then signing with the Eagles and being forced to play zone coverage, thus his career going down the toilet.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

cfrs15 #764733 03/16/13 07:27 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It has been said that Lombardi was helping game plan for Belichick last year and if we wouldn't have hired him he would have a spot in the Patriots front office right now.

That's a good one. I needed that laugh.

Belichek had five years to offer him a job and never did. After Lombardi left the Raiders he never smelled an opportunity to work in New England. They hired some Reece guy a few years back...How about when Scott Pioli left for KC? Belichek could have easily given him a job if he wanted him but didn't.

Hmmmmm.

Quote:

One other plus for Lombardi: Despite technically being out of the NFL for five years, it’s one of the worst-kept secrets that he has been consulting for Belichick during that time.

“He still puts the game plans together for Bill Belichick,” Brian Baldinger, Lombardi’s NFL Network colleague, told 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland Friday.

“I see the stuff being used week in, week out. There’s no question that Bill uses the advanced scouting Mike delivers to him.”

Boston Globe

I am aware of this interview. One also exists with Lombardi himself saying it on 92.3 the fan. I am not questioning this, rather the piece claiming he'd be with the Patriots if not for the Browns hire.

If Belichek liked him so much, how come he's never offered him a job since Cleveland? I know Belichek uses Lombardi for something, but it's never led to employment. He's been nothing but free labor.

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

I think it's moot now that Mike Lombardi has returned to Cleveland as vice president of player personnel, but with the Mike Reiss report on ESPNBoston that Floyd Reese won't return to the Patriots as personnel executive in 2013, I'll believe that could well have been Lombardi's job if he hadn't found an exit from NFL Network to Cleveland.

Peter King

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Grimes is better in zone coverage and Horton plays a crapload of man coverage. This is hyperbole, but it's similar to Asomugha excelling at man coverage with the Raiders and then signing with the Eagles and being forced to play zone coverage, thus his career going down the toilet.

A fair opinion, but as is usually the case, there are more factors involved.

First, the Falcons led the entire NFL in zone-blitzes in 2010 at 13.4%, at which time Grimes had arguably his best statistical season, racking up 87 tackles with 5 INT's. If they didn't trust Grimes they wouldn't have blitzed that much.

Now I do agree that he is better in zone than man, but you're basing your opinion on what Horton did last season in 'Zona. He often put Peterson in press-coverage, but only because he was good enough to do it time-after-time. In Cleveland, Grimes isn't going to be the #1 corner, as that goes to Haden. To that end, I would suggest that Grimes won't be left on an island all the time, as Horton likes to have a ton of pre-snap movement from his front-7 and safeties to disrupt a QB's read's.

Lastly, I would pose this question: Who out there in free agency is better?

To me, Grimes is the best bet. He was also rated the #1 corner available by many people (and I don't mean on this board. )

And for the record, it's not his knee that was the problem. It was his achilles.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
cfrs15 #764736 03/16/13 07:43 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

I think it's moot now that Mike Lombardi has returned to Cleveland as vice president of player personnel, but with the Mike Reiss report on ESPNBoston that Floyd Reese won't return to the Patriots as personnel executive in 2013, I'll believe that could well have been Lombardi's job if he hadn't found an exit from NFL Network to Cleveland.

Peter King

Quoting Peter King, the biggest rumor mongerer in the media, doesn't help your case. He was simply speculating because they worked together. That's like saying Heckert was going to land in KC because Reid was hired there. C'mon. I bet King thought this too when Pioli left NE.

Tackles are tackles.
cfrs15 #764737 03/16/13 07:43 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Michael Huff and Kerry Rhodes are both currently 30 years old, with Rhodes turning 31 before the season starts. If we sign either one they would be a stop gap, which Banner said is something we won't do.

I don't recall him saying we wouldn't do that. We would prefer not to do it is what I recall.

You do what you have to do. I am sure we would rather get a guy who is 24 with a solid future in front, but if given the choice of bringing in a 31 year old or simply starting 10 players on D and not going with a safety, we'll bring in the 31 yeard old for a few years.

Just saying.....

Plus....stop gap is better than gap IMO.

No?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
I am trusting Peter King over you.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

Quote:

Not my top cornerback entering free agency, but at this point...YES

And get a safety while we're at it!

cfrs15 #764740 03/16/13 07:47 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

I'm lost for words.....

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Quote:

I'm lost for words.....

"Memphis Frankenstein" say it all.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
OverToad #764742 03/16/13 07:59 PM
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Quote:

Quote:

A fair opinion, but as is usually the case, there are more factors involved.

First, the Falcons led the entire NFL in zone-blitzes in 2010 at 13.4%, at which time Grimes had arguably his best statistical season, racking up 87 tackles with 5 INT's. If they didn't trust Grimes they wouldn't have blitzed that much.

Now I do agree that he is better in zone than man, but you're basing your opinion on what Horton did last season in 'Zona. He often put Peterson in press-coverage, but only because he was good enough to do it time-after-time. In Cleveland, Grimes isn't going to be the #1 corner, as that goes to Haden. To that end, I would suggest that Grimes won't be left on an island all the time, as Horton likes to have a ton of pre-snap movement from his front-7 and safeties to disrupt a QB's read's.

Lastly, I would pose this question: Who out there in free agency is better?

To me, Grimes is the best bet. He was also rated the #1 corner available by many people (and I don't mean on this board. )

And for the record, it's not his knee that was the problem. It was his achilles.

All good points. And I don't know why I always mix up the those ACL and Achilles tendon injuries.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Well, because they each have A's, C's, and L's in them, and beyond that, 'cause no damned corner can run on a busted leg.

OverToad #764744 03/16/13 08:25 PM
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

Quote:

Grimes would be the guy I targeted at corner above all others. If he's all the way back from his achilles injury he's the most complete corner available, and in this market, he won't be horrifically expensive.

why does it say GOD...after jason cambell in your sig?

OverToad #764745 03/16/13 08:59 PM
M
Rookie
Rookie
M
Quote:

Quote:

I like your thinking, but I also like Rhodes. I know that Huff filled in at CB some last season so that brings a nice quality to the table for Horton.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm lost for words.....

Shouldn't you be copying and pasting an article to substitute for your football commentary?

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm lost for words.....

Shouldn't you be copying and pasting an article to substitute for your football commentary?

lmao. just cant take anything you say serious as far as the FO.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm lost for words.....

lmao. just cant take anything you say serious as far as the FO.

Fine by me. Now you have a pretty good understanding of what most people think about your opinions. Go look for that article before someone out scoops you.

Tackles are tackles.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

Quote:

he already has from what i understandf

slick #764750 03/16/13 09:22 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Would love to sign him ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
slick #764751 03/16/13 09:26 PM
Rookie
Rookie
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Do you have a link? According to the miami herald, he is not considering signing with any team at this time. Apparently he is going around getting offers to find his market value for a Falcons contract.

[Linked Image from s9.postimage.org]
AFdawg #764752 03/16/13 09:27 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Playing the field eh ..

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Rookie
Rookie
Quote:

Playing the field eh ..

LMAO....that was pretty hilarious

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
"Memphis Frankenstein" vambo could be call the same.

AFdawg #764755 03/16/13 09:45 PM
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Do you have a link? According to the miami herald, he is not considering signing with any team at this time. Apparently he is going around getting offers to find his market value for a Falcons contract.

no no...i was saying he has already left cleveland

slick #764756 03/16/13 09:51 PM
Rookie
Rookie
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

no no...i was saying he has already left cleveland

ah...yeah...i see that now...

AFdawg #764757 03/16/13 09:54 PM
2nd String
2nd String
Grimes visited the Dolphins on Friday and Browns on Saturday. A source tells the Palm Beach Post that Grimes isn't considering signing with Miami "or any other team" at this time. It's possible he's simply not yet close to 100 percent. Mar 16 - 7:33 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/4562/Brent-Grimes

AFdawg #764758 03/16/13 10:17 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Welcome to the board, Staff Sergeant! (I presume from your sig).

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Welcome to the board, Staff Sergeant! (I presume from your sig).

Yes and Thank you for your service ... God bless

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Def can use a healthy Grimes back there...also wouldn't mind seeing Huff in addition as he can play CB in a squeeze if need be...they need to sign someone sooner rather than later cause the market is drying up...TE market has already passed us Browns

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I presume you guys are talking about Rick Grimes....

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Brent Grimes

C
Legend
Legend
C
So you have more credibility than one of the most respected NFL writers?

Got it.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Brent Grimes

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Free Agency IV

Link Copied to Clipboard