Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
N
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
N
it's a fair point on the bowls (though the Cardinals had a slightly more difficult slate of games last year than they do this season though still not tough).

and we're not far off in our assessments in them anyway.

as for Maryland, I'm interested in what they do Oct. 5th. they 'should' be undefeated going to Tallahasee. I'd love for the future Big10 team to ruin the ACC's hope for an undefeated FSU v. Clemson game, but that is going to be an awfully tall ask.

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
jc

Wisconsin vs Arizona State from a 2 weeks ago.

Personally, I'm not too customed with the differences in rules between college and NFL. I'm curious what you gurus think on this play.

The QB put the ball down on the field and didn't take a knee, I would think that would be a fumble. That would be why the Arizona player jumped on the ball.

If he was considered down by doing that and Arizona jumped on the ball, then that probably should have been a delay of game. In either case, it seems like the refs really screwed this one up.

Thoughts?

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
S
Legend
Legend
S
He actually did take a knee. There's a screenshot going around from behind the play which shows his knee down. I think that's irrelevant because whistles blew the play dead.

Horrible job by the refs. Should have stopped the clock while the ASU player was covering the ball. Wisconsin was robbed, and this is coming from one of their biggest haters.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

as for Maryland, I'm interested in what they do Oct. 5th. they 'should' be undefeated going to Tallahasee.

They are still undefeated after a rather convincing win over WVU... granted this is NOT the BCS contending WVU team from a couple years ago but beating WVU 37-0 is still a good sign.

Quote:

I'd love for the future Big10 team to ruin the ACC's hope for an undefeated FSU v. Clemson game, but that is going to be an awfully tall ask.

Yea, beating either of them is a tall task, beating both of them is an extremely tall task. However I will say that the schedule sets up well. Maryland is off this week so they will get FSU after 2 weeks of rest/preparation... then they play Clemson the week after Clemson plays FSU... and Clemson has been known to succumb to hangovers and lose games they shouldn't.. though I'm pretty sure if Maryland is 7-0, or even 6-1 going into the Clemson game, that Clemson won't be overlooking them..

By the way, did you see the unis the Terps wore against WVU? They were awesome....

And on that same note, did you see the unis VaTech is wearing this week? web page For those who don't know, almost the entire campus is made of those giant stones so they made that the helmet... I can't imagine any jokes that could come from having a helmet that looks like a rock wall... I wonder if they have matching "stone gloves"?.. .Greg Little could wear a pair.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

He actually did take a knee. There's a screenshot going around from behind the play which shows his knee down. I think that's irrelevant because whistles blew the play dead.

Horrible job by the refs. Should have stopped the clock while the ASU player was covering the ball. Wisconsin was robbed, and this is coming from one of their biggest haters.

I hate Wisconsin as well and thought they got robbed as well - I really can't figure out what the refs were doing but really the Wisconsin players needed to get up and at least attempt to spike the ball even if the refs were screwing around

Just a really weird ending

<><

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

I hate Wisconsin as well and thought they got robbed as well - I really can't figure out what the refs were doing but really the Wisconsin players needed to get up and at least attempt to spike the ball even if the refs were screwing around

Just a really weird ending

Yeah there was no urgency while all that was going on, I'd assume they didn't know the clock was running.

I would have gotten more enjoyment out of that had Bielema still been the coach.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Tribe/Twins 1EST, Oklahoma/ND 3:30, LSU/UGA 3:30, Miss/Bama 6:30, UW/OSU 8

So basically I have no reason to even put on pants tomorrow.

Legend
Legend
Blake Bortles is a really interesting guy to watch. He plays South Carolina.

Legend
Legend
Did Morris get hurt vs South Florida? I really like his arm.

Legend
Legend
TJ Yeldon is sooooo much better than Trent. However I think he's gonna have a shorter career.

Legend
Legend
Buckeyes win their showdown with Wisconsin as Urban Meyer goes to 17-0 at OSU.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
The Buckeyes were the better team and it was a nice win, but as far as NFL talent is concerned, the guys who really shined were on the other side of the field.

Abbrederis made Roby his expletive tonight and may have pushed himself into the first round, and that LB Borland looked really legit, probably at least a second rounder if not a late first.

The frustrating thing is that Borland is from Kettering, he should have been wearing scarlet and gray. Tress screwed the pooch on that one.

Proud fan of the Pulaski Academy football strategy.
Legend
Legend
Lane Kiffin fired ... if he gets another top job I'll be stunned

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/college-f...rt-blowout-loss

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
Nice win for the Buckeyes.

I am not thrilled w/Herman as our OC. He's been better this year, but he was relying on Miller running the ball in the second half. It really ruined our continuity and made us bog down quite a bit.

Great job by the run defense, but the pass defense was exposed. It would have been smarter to play more zone in the game. I get why we played man.....it helped the run defense, but there were too many open receivers for Wisconsin.

Nevertheless, good win for Ohio State and next week's game is huge.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Hyde should have seen more carries.

Losing Bryant for the year absolutely blows.

I am a little worried about next week.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A win is a win , unless you are talking Bowl points .. On that score The OU didn't get it done .. Sat on the ball and played the clock all most all the second half .. Very disappointing to me ! Be surprise if we stay at #4 in the polls ..

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Abbrederis made Roby his expletive tonight and may have pushed himself into the first round, and that LB Borland looked really legit, probably at least a second rounder if not a late first.

I wouldn't mind having one of those players on the Browns with a 2nd round pick.

Abbrederis would be an upgrade over former 2nd rounder WR Little, could start immediately and move Bess back to 3rd WR. I think he will be a better WR than fellow Big 10 WR Decker who now plays with Manning in Denver.

Borland would be a big addition to an already strong front seven and a good selection. I know its not a must need considering Robertson was playing decent but again, he would be an upgrade and would provide depth. The ILB backups are young and inexperienced. The Browns current FO will take the BPA instead of need. Evident in selecting Mingo when they moved Sheard to OLB and brought in OLBs Groves and Krueger.

Roby played well once he returned against lesser talented teams but was owned by Abbrederis in man coverage. He is a top CB prospect and the WR showed he can play against some of the top college CBs. I would still take Roby with a late 1st rounder. Maybe the Indy pick.

Legend
Legend
I'd love to get Carlos Hyde in the 6th round. He's very similar to Willis except faster.

Legend
Legend
Northwestern is going to be our toughest challenge all year IMO. A pass happy team playing the biggest game in school history. Weather is gonna suck too.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Hey DC, sorry man

yikes.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I have liked the football I have seen played by Northwestern for the last 4 or 5 years. When I see their games, or snipets of them, I see things that I think all football teams should be doing when they are doing great.
A lot of interceptions. Doing the right things in the offense to mix it up and get various people involved. Getting positive plays out of running and passing and using long and short attacks and being all over the field.

Northwestern doesn't get to play Ohio State every year, only sometimes do they play.
The Big 10 conference, as of a couple years ago, had at least 1 bowl victory over an Sec conference team for 8 years running, and no other conference could say that. Last year, or maybe 2 seasons ago, Northwestern's win over I think Vanderbilt, or somebody was the only one to keep that streak going.

Two weeks ago I heard some announcer say Northwestern leads the Nation in interceptions.

Northwestern has a team good enough to beat Ohio State, they will be as motivated as a team can be, with a chance to knock off these blowhard top ranked, with this winning streak so often mentioned even though it didn't include any bowl win, that Ohio state has being the longest in College football division one.

I give Ohio State about a 33% chance to get a win in tonight's game.

And it is only that high, because I really feel Ohio State is the better football team.

But Northwestern is Soo Funn to Watch!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Northwestern has only beaten OSU once in the last 30 tries I believe.... I'd give OSU more than 33%

I think NW comes out on fire but if OSU can handle the initial onslaught I think they'll be alright... Should be a great game either way

I'm so sick of espn playing up now though because of all the announcers they have who have graduated from there

<><

#gmstrong
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Our pass defense is suspect, if not below average. I see us winning 45-41

Legend
Legend
Buckeyes can't afford to screw around with Northwestern tonight. Protect the ball then ground and pound.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Buckeyes can't afford to screw around with Northwestern tonight. Protect the ball then ground and pound.

Ain't that the truth!

<><

#gmstrong
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Special Teams coming up big...

Love that stuff.

Legend
Legend
Sounds like a bowl game there - the fans have to be half and half

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Luke Fickell has been terrible for 3 years and gets by on having 5 star athletes.

Legend
Legend
I love miller but I wish Kenny would have taught him how to throw the long ball....

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Why do more and more football teams run soft press?

Legend
Legend
I was just saying this too. We're giving NW recivers WAY too much room right now. It is pitch and catch.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
That's a strange and very risky move to fake punt it right there. Wow.

Legend
Legend
Braxton Miller looks terrified right now. I don't know if he's still banged up, but he absolutely refuses to run right now.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Braxton Miller looks terrified right now. I don't know if he's still banged up, but he absolutely refuses to run right now.

Agreed. I'm NEVER the one to say "let's switch QB's" when a team struggles ... but, maybe let's switch QB's?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Agreed. I'm NEVER the one to say "let's switch QB's" when a team struggles ... but, maybe let's switch QB's?

Agree 100%

<><

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
too much of the offense goes through Braxton Miller when he is in the game.
It's predictable and one dimensional. He has been hindering the team for weeks.

Legend
Legend
Miller better get his damn act together... I'mr eady to see Kenny.

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
that fumble really hurts our chances

Legend
Legend
Quote:

that fumble really hurts our chances

the two fumbles and countless over-throws have killed us tonight - he just looks a little off tonight.

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
man we needed that - gotta get it together Buckeyes!

<><

#gmstrong
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum College Football

Link Copied to Clipboard