OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Willie,oops Ray Horton says;
"Vote for me to be your next HC,I'm black and I can talk pycho babble"
Of coarse I coach an historically bad 4th qtr.defense,not my fault,
"It's Affluenza" yeah that's it.

you're an idiot.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Je'Rod Cherry: “I’ve come to the point where I realize that these guys are simply not tough enough. They have poor conditioning and no mental toughness whatsoever to sustain the ability that is needed to win a football game. In a game where your body is telling you to quit, especially when it is cold outside and you know there is not much to play for, that’s when you have to put those demons to sleep and come out and play. They have to have the ability to mentality go beyond that outside noise and tell themselves that it does matter. They need to add those players who can take the team to the next step and not make those same mistakes over and over again. I think they should use these last two games to get over that mental hurdle and to show this organization that they deserve to be here next year.”

Agree w/this and it backs up my point that Heckert drafted a lot of talented, but mentally weak players.

mentally weak players

Browns defensive coordinator Ray Horton says ‘psychological-pressure effect’ root of fourth-quarter collapses

BEREA: Defensive coordinator Ray Horton could use a psychology degree on his resume and a chaise lounge in his office at Browns’ headquarters because his players are struggling mentally.

At least that is Horton’s explanation for the defense melting down and allowing fourth-quarter comebacks in each of the past three games. Horton has touted his players’ statistical achievements for the vast majority of this season, but he spent most of his news conference Thursday lamenting the state of their collective mindset and performance in crunch time.

“I think as the games go on, there’s more pressure to perform well and to not repeat a pattern that has happened in the past,” Horton said. “So is there a psychological-pressure effect? I think there is.”

Excluding the Chicago Bears kneeling down at the end of their 38-31 win this past weekend at FirstEnergy Stadium, Horton’s defense has allowed scores in eight — six touchdowns and two field goals for 47 points — of the last nine fourth-quarter possessions in the past three games. With the Browns (4-10) set to visit the New York Jets (6-8) on Sunday, Horton’s men must end the disturbing trend if they hope to prevail.

Defensive captain and inside linebacker D’Qwell Jackson didn’t seem to entirely buy Horton’s theory about the root of the problem, though he stressed the importance of finding a solution.

“That’s a coach’s perspective,” Jackson said. “I’ll tell you what, we fight every snap. That’s not something that goes through our head. We’re trying to figure it out. That’s one thing we’ve been trying to harp on is finishing drives, finishing practice, finishing whatever we’re doing. That’s been the topic of discussion the last few weeks. For whatever reason, we can’t seem to pull it together from a team aspect. Defensively, we’ve had some letdowns. To be a great defense, we can’t do that.”

On the other hand, free safety Tashaun Gipson said “it’s very evident” that players have been pressing too much in the fourth quarter.

“I think you’ve just got to look at yourself in the mirror and demand more out of yourself,” Gipson said. “I don’t think it’s nothing that the coaches can coach. I think it should just really start with [the players], and Coach Horton has really been on it this week more particularly than others, and I think that it truly comes down to each and every individual that’s going to have an impact on the game to truly just look at himself and say, ‘I’ve got to do my job and my job only. I can’t worry about making a big play. If the play’s going to come by me doing my job than so be it.’ ”

The Browns and Dallas Cowboys are tied for the most points allowed in the fourth quarter this season with 128. And the Browns have been outscored in the fourth quarter by 62 points, the largest differential in the NFL this season.

“I don’t want to use any kind of excuse or crutch to say, ‘We’re young or this and that.’ It’s not acceptable at this point in the season,” Horton said. “You have to do your job, and you have to be accountable or at some point, you move on, and we have failed the last three weeks. I don’t care how you say the game went. The defense was on the field, and we talk about being accountable and we talk about being the backbone of the team. Well, you can’t [surrender leads]. You don’t do that.”

Horton stopped short of saying his players have been choking, but he made it clear they’ve been buckling under pressure. The defense is ranked eighth in the league (328.9 yards allowed per game), but it won’t be elite until it can consistently deliver when the stakes are high.

“It’s very disappointing,” Horton said. “We talk to our players about it. You cannot play well for three quarters and then come crunch time tighten up because the calls, when you look at them, are about the same and the same players, theoretically, are on the field, their team has run, theoretically, the same plays.”

Horton said Gipson and strong safety T.J. Ward played at a Pro Bowl level against the Bears, but not enough of their teammates rose to the occasion in the clutch. He used an NBA analogy involving LeBron James to explain the scenario to his players.

“Some of the guys will wait for LeBron to go and score in the fourth quarter,” Horton said. “Well, Tashaun and T.J. played like they did, but the rest of the guys are accountable to do your job. Now some of the job is assist and get the ball to them and get out of the way, block, rebound. Our guys’ job is to know what to do and how to do it and make the tackle and not commit an error. Just because the game is in the fourth quarter and the game is a seven-point game one way or another or tied, you can’t tighten up and go, ‘I’m going to do something different or I’m going to wait for somebody.’ We need somebody to step up and not take that back step and say, ‘I’m going to wait for somebody else to do it.’ ”

Like Gipson pointed out, there are also times when players are caught out of position because they freelance too much instead of sticking to their assignment.

“Then you get out of your gap and you do a different technique,” Horton said. “But why would you? We talk about every play is weighted the same. Whether it’s the first play or the last play of the game, to me, it really doesn’t make a difference. And I know for athletes it does because as the clock ticks down, there’s a psychological effect on them, but it shouldn’t be that way. One play, whether it’s in the first quarter or last quarter, they’re all important to me.”

But the ones at the end have haunted the Browns the most.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/browns...lapses-1.453754

this makes me view our defensive breakdowns a bit differently now.

not taking a shot at your vers, but maybe you should read that. horton thinks ward was playing at a pro bowl level. i wonder if you're going to ignore that.

anyway, if that is true, than really....i don't really blame the defense. they are so use to losing every year, this year we was actually in a position to make the playoffs, and they just tried to do too much. it has probably happened to every single one of us at some point in our lives during different scenarios.

i just hope they learn from this, that way next year when we are in tight games, they turn the tables in their favor next time.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

not taking a shot at your vers, but maybe you should read that. horton thinks ward was playing at a pro bowl level. i wonder if you're going to ignore that.

You are taking a shot. You always take a shot. You took shot after shot after shot when we used to discuss TRich. Remember? Funny how you have ignored the fact that he is failing again this year.

I won't ignore what Horton said. He did say that they were playing at a Pro Bowl level in the Bears' game. Now, are you going to ignore that he said the same thing about Gipson, or does it only count for TJ?

Personally, I don't think either of them played at a Pro Bowl level. I understand that Gipson had two picks and a TD and Ward has a fumble recovery and a TD, but they were part of a secondary that got torched by the Bears.

With that said, it looks like I was wrong about the Brown's evaluation of TJ. There is an insider report that states they are happy w/him. That probably means that they will resign him for top 3 safety money. I think it is a mistake, but if you wanna keep running around here saying I'm wrong................by all means, knock yourself out!

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

What?
I said he was black,I'm fairly certain he is.I added that in reference to the Rooney Rule.So in that light it's a pertinent piece of information.
Maybe I should have said "I'm a man" but then that may have PO'd some females.
Would "I'm a Homo Sapiens" sit better with you? I don't think that one will fly.
I got it "I'm a mostly carbon entity" there isn't a thin skinned person on the planet that could get riled over that.
I will be the first to admit that I'm one of the most politically uncorrect people you'll run across.But,I have to wonder,am I the racist for calling a black man "black",or are you for bringing up that stereotypical BS about chicken and watermellon?

Welcome to the world of the totally politically-correct society. They actually see things that aren't there.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

With that said, it looks like I was wrong about the Brown's evaluation of TJ. There is an insider report that states they are happy w/him. That probably means that they will resign him for top 3 safety money. I think it is a mistake, but if you wanna keep running around here saying I'm wrong................by all means, knock yourself out!

<sarcasm button on>

How dare you question what others think! Don't you know that their opinions are so much better than yours? That they are more qualified than you? I mean, the Redskins gave up 3 first rounders and a second rounder for RG3 and if you didn't see that he was the messiah for them - you're just crazy! They're NFL front office people and scouts that get paid to do their jobs. The Browns not offering 4 first rounders to the Rams was a total and complete shame! Conspiracy!

<sarcasm button off>

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

I've been very critical of Ward because I think he does two important things poorly. I've never wanted to get rid of him or not sign him. I just think he is overrated for having two important holes in his game and I wouldn't overpay for that. (I'm not going to debate that anymore on here...I've stated that to lead into the rest of this post.)

That said, it is clear that Horton disagrees with me. While I am not always swayed by the opinions of others, Horton is the ONLY guy in our debate - Horton's and mine that is - who knows what is actually TJ's job and what is not his job.

At the same time, Horton is quite complimentary - again - of Gipson. Once again, I am not sure what is Gipson's responsibility and what is the responsibility of his teammates. Horton's opinion trumps mine again...even if he is wrong in the end (which I doubt he is wrong).

Gipson is doing a lot of talking and appears to be parroting Horton...DQ had a slightly different take than did Horton but appeared to disagree with him in the end.

So if "it's" not on Gipson or Ward, who IS "it" on? Where is the 800 pound gorilla hiding? I'll tell you where - again.

It's primarily DQ and a little Haden. Haden has bit on plays in an attempt to make the big play that they are talking about...only to GIVE UP the big play.

DQ is simply well below average in everything he needs to do. He can't cover worth a darn anymore...he gets zero push in the pass rush and is often stoned by RBs when doing so. When he does get in on an important play, it's usually part of a jailbreak with one or more teammates also in the mix.

On how many plays do we see that it's as if we do not have ANYONE playing between the DL and the safeties? Run or pass...equally ineffective.

The OLBs are on the edge...they miss their share in coverage but not in the middle - aka no man's land for the Browns D.

The DL is playing very well overall even with losing Dez...I think Groves getting hurt was the worst thing that could have happened to Mingo. Horton could be referencing Mingo as well...but I doubt it as he is a rookie and mistakes are part of the deal there and not something aired as was the piece above.

Skrine is not getting beat after taking a chance on a big play. I don't see Sheard or Kruger regularly looking to have missed their assignment.

It's DQ and whomever (not named Ward) lining up next to him at ILB. Horton is not going to name Haden or DQ in the press as they are the "leaders" of the D right now.

But if there is strife as it appears there is with guys not doing their job and/or not getting the job done, it's easy to see who they may be talking about.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
j/c

I'm really not seeing the debate over the Browns DB's. Individually are they the best in the league? No. As a group they are better than anything we saw in the last several years. Could the Browns drafted better? Maybe. Are people splitting hairs here? Debatable. Is any of the DB's a determent? You can argue Owens, but he is officially gone.

In the end, if you improve one player, would you consider it a major step up? My point is bringing in Earl Thomas or Eric Berry this secondary group would instantly be ten times better. It's an improvement. Is the investment worth the level of gain? Defensively speaking do you think investment elsewhere does more good? Personally I feel LB's and DL is where the money should be spent.

If Ward thinks he should be paid best in the league, he hasn't showed it...pro bowls; league leading stats. Top Five? Maybe. Certainly top ten.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
fair enough...I wasnt offended, i even snickered a little, but thought it off color...

To the end post there...

Haden I agree...and man I've been thinking quietly and squashing the idea that DQ needs replaced for a while...I hate to think it because I like the guy so much and he is a tackle machine...but he's never been an impact guy. Never really been superb at anything...

I remember how often we used to talk about him being the best tackler 8 yards downfield in NFL history...He and Dra Davis.

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

Quote:

you're an idiot.

Idiot,such a strong cutting word.
I've spent the last portion of my life trying to stay above the fray.To be called an idiot now,leaves a laceration so deep I'll never recover from.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
V
Legend
Legend
V
We agree on Ward, but we disagree on DQ.

I think DQ has played lights out this year.

His pass coverage has been excellent. He gets tremendous depth on his drops and disrupts a lot of routes because of it.

He is playing well in the running game and has made a lot of tackles at--or near--the LOS.

He can run from sideline to sideline. He is certainly fast enough.

He is the one "true" leader the defense has. While I think that guys like Haden and Ward should provide more leadership and are part of the problem in that regard, DQ actually does lead by example.

DQ is probably the most football smart guy on the defense. He often sniffs out plays that others don't.

He is not the most physical guy, but he is playing extremely well.

I respect your opinion, but we are in complete disagreement over this one.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
We usually agree on the majority of football stuff...but we will have to agree to disagree here. Based on your comments here, I'd say our difference in opinion is like size of the Grand Canyon.

I would like to comment on one thing you said though. DQ was very deep in pass coverage when he had his most-recent INT. So deep, in fact, that I was shocked that it was him...the problem is how shocked I was that he actually got so deep. I've not seen many replays of him dropping that deep and I've been to four games this year where I don't ever recall seeing it then either. Apparently he CAN do it...I've just caught precious little of it. I wonder if that's what Horton was "calling out" with his comments about guys not being where they should be.

I think he's Davis/Rainier in a different wrapper and is neutralized way too often and way too easily. In the end, I hope you are correct and I am incorrect.

Who do you think Horton - and Gipson - was referencing with his comments?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Hard to say who they were referencing, but the first two guys who came to my mind were Haden and Taylor.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Hard to say who they were referencing, but the first two guys who came to my mind were Haden and Taylor.

taylor though?

speaking of that, why did the team decide to get him less snaps. sup with that?

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
The fewer snaps issue was one of the reasons I thought of him.

Oh, and I am not saying I am right. Pure speculation.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 12/22/13 10:05 AM.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

The fewer snaps issue was one of the reasons I thought of him.

Oh, and I am not saying I am right. Pure speculation.

nah i got it. its just i was wondering why the team decided to give him less reps. he is disruptive. if he was playing bad, i didn't really see it, if anything i thought they would give less snaps to Robertson. and see what some of the other ILB can do.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

you're an idiot.

Idiot,such a strong cutting word.
I've spent the last portion of my life trying to stay above the fray.To be called an idiot now,leaves a laceration so deep I'll never recover from.

I understand the Cleveland Clinic has a very good trauma unit...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
that run defense, that passing defense...

lol. man, we are no where near a top 10 team. we just got man handled today in every aspect of the game.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:

lol. man, we are no where near a top 10 team. we just got man handled today in every aspect of the game.

Clearly you weren't responding to anything I said LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Clearly you weren't responding to anything I said LOL

my bad, should've put the JC thing

- Theodore Roosevelt
N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Our coaches has not improved and the biggest loss was not hiring Chip Kelly because most likely he determined he did not want to work with Joe Banner.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Our coaches has not improved and the biggest loss was not hiring Chip Kelly because most likely he determined he did not want to work with Joe Banner.

Most likely he liked MIchael Vick and Nick Foles more than anyone we had, could acquire, or draft.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Most likely he liked MIchael Vick and Nick Foles more than anyone we had, could acquire, or draft.

We land Kelly, chances are we draft Geno Smith.

Legend
Legend
Or Matt Barkley, YT's favorite.

V
Legend
Legend
V
And sign Dennis Dixon as our 3rd QB.

Don't you just love all these speculative posts that are stated as fact?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Or Matt Barkley, YT's favorite.

Yea Barely! (I assume I can use that name now, without offending anyone, now that he plays for another team)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Games Missed By Starters
Games missed by starters due to injury or suspension through 15 games over the past four seasons.

Team 2013 2012 2011 2010
ARZ 54 44 38 29
ATL 69 30 31 13
BAL 34 58 24 43
BUF 35 50 79 53
CAR 52 56 77 61
CHI 47 20 52 19
CIN 31 51 40 36
CLE 23 52 47 42
DAL 53 65 34 23
DEN 61 58 30 41
DET 34 64 22 52
GB 56 77 42 83
HOU 45 22 33 33
IND 52 59 83 64
JAX 55 63 37 34
KC 21 51 50 18
MIA 30 19 24 34
MIN 44 26 34 42
NE 62 35 72 71
NO 71 21 17 30
NYG 87 41 62 25
NYJ 11 43 19 30
OAK 78 46 51 25
PHI 26 57 19 40
PIT 47 62 53 47
SD 74 35 59 63
SEA 64 13 62 51
SF 42 6 19 32
STL 41 25 72 33
TB 51 50 34 47
TEN 25 45 29 34
WAS 39 70 58 28
Total 1,514 1,414 1,403 1,276

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10192386/clayton-mailbag-injury-epidemic-ignored

__

thats a list of injuries that have happened over the course of 4 seasons. the list was made highlighting the injuries that happened this season to all nfl teams,

but i thought this would fit nicely into this thread.

we have 52 injuries last year compared to this year.....yet we are a worse team this year than last.

amazing.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Swish those numbers are incorrect for this season. If you take a closer look we over 23 just on offense alone.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Swish those numbers are incorrect for this season. If you take a closer look we over 23 just on offense alone.

by starters? or period? those are the numbers that John clayton put up.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

1. Is there a chance that Ward didn't have the freedom to "recognize" and change his responsibility?

and/or

2. Is there a chance that Robertson said "I got this" thereby freeing up Ward to play at the LOS?

No on both ... If Robbie said that Ward should haved laughed at him and said ... well just in case u slip or sumptin I got your back ...

as for his hands being tied ... naaaa ... no matter what D was called no way would any D-Corrdinator, D-backs coach get upset at Ward for not doing what he was suppose too because of the adjustment he should have made based on the coverage match up getting us caught with our pants down ....

especially when if he did what he was suppose to he ended up defending an area no one was in ... he covered the crap out of that air ...

any safety has to know that u can't leave a RB lined up against a LBer and not give help ... allowing a RB to man on man against an outside LBer is a no no .. against an inside LBer it might as well be a sin ... it simply can't happen ...

and U definelty can't let the RB go free vs the LBer DOWN THE SIDELINE .... no way that match up can happen deep ... NO WAY ...

no .. this one falls squarely on TJ ... and I can guarantee U he got a very very bad grade on that play .... cause when u leave a RB heads up with any LBer much less an inside LBer its going to end bad for the D 9 out of ten times ... and the one that didn't work was because of a drop ... *L*

Quote:

I can't remember ... did they split Vereen out of the backfield in motion or did they break the huddle that way? I'm guessing if he split out in motion, then it was Robertson's job to track him and Ward would then have some freedom to "recognize" what was going on and provide help. Or did our D get a chance to communicate ahead of time seeing Vereen split out wide and what they would want to do in that case?

I can't recall either .. but if they sent him in motion he got wide and was out there standing still with Robbie out there standing across from him for at least 2 or 3 seconds ... I recognized it on TV before the play happened ... so no way did it happen to quick for Ward to see it ... he obviously never TOOK IT INTO ACCOUNT but he had plenty of time to read it and make an adjustment .....

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Games Missed By Starters
Games missed by starters due to injury or suspension through 15 games over the past four seasons.

Team 2013 2012 2011 2010
ARZ 54 44 38 29
ATL 69 30 31 13
BAL 34 58 24 43
BUF 35 50 79 53
CAR 52 56 77 61
CHI 47 20 52 19
CIN 31 51 40 36
CLE 23 52 47 42
DAL 53 65 34 23
DEN 61 58 30 41
DET 34 64 22 52
GB 56 77 42 83
HOU 45 22 33 33
IND 52 59 83 64
JAX 55 63 37 34
KC 21 51 50 18
MIA 30 19 24 34
MIN 44 26 34 42
NE 62 35 72 71
NO 71 21 17 30
NYG 87 41 62 25
NYJ 11 43 19 30
OAK 78 46 51 25
PHI 26 57 19 40
PIT 47 62 53 47
SD 74 35 59 63
SEA 64 13 62 51
SF 42 6 19 32
STL 41 25 72 33
TB 51 50 34 47
TEN 25 45 29 34
WAS 39 70 58 28

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10192386/clayton-mailbag-injury-epidemic-ignored

__

thats a list of injuries that have happened over the course of 4 seasons. the list was made highlighting the injuries that happened this season to all nfl teams,

we have 52 injuries last year compared to this year.....yet we are a worse team this year than last.

amazing.

I tried .. I tried real hard but I just couldn't do it .. *L* ...

just curious .... Did the packers losing Rodgers count as 1 injury by this count or was it counted as lets say 15 injuries ... cause clearly U can see that there is a huge difference between losing Rodgers or say Clay Mathews than there is in losing DuJuan Harris or Myles White ... in case your wondering one of them is a RB and the other a WR ....

I mean losing Brian Hoyer was a lot more detrimental to us than losing Josh Aubrey ... yet they count the same in this stat ... *LOL* ....

trying to make any conclusion off of this list is beyond not smart ... its crazy ... u used the word AMAZING after drawing your conclusion ... that's a good word as far as I;m concerned but not for the same reasons ... *L* ...

just another glaring example of why .......

STATS ARE FOR LOSERS!!!!!!!

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Games Missed By Starters

Team 2013 2012 2011 2010
ARZ 54 44 38 29
ATL 69 30 31 13
BAL 34 58 24 43
BUF 35 50 79 53
CAR 52 56 77 61
CHI 47 20 52 19
CIN 31 51 40 36
CLE 23 52 47 42
DAL 53 65 34 23
DEN 61 58 30 41
DET 34 64 22 52
GB 56 77 42 83
HOU 45 22 33 33
IND 52 59 83 64
JAX 55 63 37 34
KC 21 51 50 18
MIA 30 19 24 34
MIN 44 26 34 42
NE 62 35 72 71
NO 71 21 17 30
NYG 87 41 62 25
NYJ 11 43 19 30
OAK 78 46 51 25
PHI 26 57 19 40
PIT 47 62 53 47
SD 74 35 59 63
SEA 64 13 62 51
SF 42 6 19 32
STL 41 25 72 33
TB 51 50 34 47
TEN 25 45 29 34
WAS 39 70 58 28

__

amazing.

I tried .. I tried real hard but I just couldn't do it .. *L* ...

just curious .... Did the packers losing Rodgers count as 1 injury by this count or was it counted as lets say 15 injuries ... cause clearly U can see that there is a huge difference between losing Rodgers or say Clay Mathews than there is in losing DuJuan Harris or Myles White ... in case your wondering one of them is a RB and the other a WR ....

I mean losing Brian Hoyer was a lot more detrimental to us than losing Josh Aubrey ... yet they count the same in this stat ... *LOL* ....

trying to make any conclusion off of this list is beyond not smart ... its crazy ... u used the word AMAZING after drawing your conclusion ... that's a good word as far as I;m concerned but not for the same reasons ... *L* ...

just another glaring example of why .......

STATS ARE FOR LOSERS!!!!!!!

Unless the stats fits your opinion, of course.

3rd down defensive stats are for losers, too ? How bout scoring? What about interceptions? What about yards per carry ?

Lol. Your attempt was seriously funny.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
[quote
I can't recall either .. but if they sent him in motion he got wide and was out there standing still with Robbie out there standing across from him for at least 2 or 3 seconds ... I recognized it on TV before the play happened ... so no way did it happen to quick for Ward to see it ... he obviously never TOOK IT INTO ACCOUNT but he had plenty of time to read it and make an adjustment .....

Pretty sure they broke huddle and he split out from there. Regardless, Ward had more than enough time to react and / or call a time out.

I saw it too and was screaming at the TV to call a TO.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
jc.

just throwing this out there guys.

we had one pro bowler last year in Joe T. we were 5-ll.

we have 5( with 1 alt) and we REGRESSED this year, cause we are going to lose today most likely.

even if we win. we "upgraded" our talent this year, and got the same record.

coaching is absolutely a problem.

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, let's fire them all!

These players have ended up w/double digit losses for 3 separate coaching staffs. But, they don't deserve any of the blame

No sir. Fire the coaching staff.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

These players have ended up w/double digit losses for 3 separate coaching staffs. But, they don't deserve any of the blame

please, go up and down this thread and see where i said fire them. i never said that, or said anything remotely to that.

i simply said we need our coaches to be better, for next season.

please, you tell people all the time to not put words in your mouth. maybe you should practice what you preach.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I have to agree with you that firing anyone right now would be an extreme and uncalled for measure. They stocked up on draft picks and have plenty of cap room to make a big leap during this off season.

I do look for better results next year though. Still not saying it would be time to fire anyone if things didn't get a lot better, but my comments wouldn't be so kind.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

jc.

we have 5( with 1 alt) and we REGRESSED this year, cause we are going to lose today most likely.

I do not see coaching as the problem. Chud, Turner, and Horton are upgrades from 2012. What we have is a significant downgrade in the Front Office. Banner and Lombardi did nothing last offseason to improve the team. They had the worst season of anyone on the team. Results have proven that out.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

jc.

I do not see coaching as the problem. Chud, Turner, and Horton are upgrades from 2012. What we have is a significant downgrade in the Front Office. Banner and Lombardi did nothing last offseason to improve the team. They had the worst season of anyone on the team. Results have proven that out.

the problem is banner and lombardi as far as FA's, nailed it. trades? they nailed it.

the draft is really the only issue i have, but i can look pass that.

but the FO wasn't the reason we decided to blizz less, or run draw plays on 3rd and 1.

vers once again took my comment out of context as well, i never said fire anybody, but this whole significant upgrade hasn't showed in the one stat line that matters the most: the W-L column.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
How can you look past Banner and Lombardi's bad drafts? They have stock piled draft picks for 2014. If they are their usual mess at drafting then all the trades they made you liked will be worthless.

Let's take a look at the drafting genuis that is Mike Lombardi,

Jamarcus Russell #1 overall pick in 2007 Biggest Bust in NFL History, Mike Huff DB and Robert Gallery OL were other 1st round busts while he was in Oakland. Also, lets not forget he selected a kicker in the 1st round a KICKER.

While here in Cleveland he selected the following busts in the 1st round Tommy Vardell RB and Craig Powell LB.He also selected the great Patrick Rowe WR and Dan Footman in the 2nd round while here in Cleveland.

Does not inspire much confidence does it?

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

How can you look past Banner and Lombardi's bad drafts? They have stock piled draft picks for 2014. If they are their usual mess at drafting then all the trades they made you liked will be worthless.

Let's take a look at the drafting genuis that is Mike Lombardi,

Jamarcus Russell #1 overall pick in 2007 Biggest Bust in NFL History, Mike Huff DB and Robert Gallery OL were other 1st round busts while he was in Oakland. Also, lets not forget he selected a kicker in the 1st round a KICKER.

While here in Cleveland he selected the following busts in the 1st round Tommy Vardell RB and Craig Powell LB.He also selected the great Patrick Rowe WR and Dan Footman in the 2nd round while here in Cleveland.

Does not inspire much confidence does it?

jarmarcus russell was Al Davis's pick. everybody else...i got nothing for you. that was lombardi all the way. but i gotta have some hope in that he learned his lesson.

banner on the other hand. how many years did they go to the playoffs? then the 4 year stretch i think it was, 3 nfc championship games, the 4th year a superbowl game.

and banner was in charge of all that.

so you gotta figure that at the very least, banner and farmer will cancel lombardi out if he does indeed still suck.

2014 will be the true test of this FO, we have all type of picks.

i will tell you this though, if they find a way to give us a dream and land Teddy?

i'm not even paying attention to the draft after that, and looking straight at our coaches, because now it falls on them. 4 pro bowlers on offense, a franchise QB. if the offense doesn't improve, we then know who the problem is.

if they don't land teddy, we need to see who they draft, where they drafted them, and why they think those are the best for our teams.

its really confusing, but we really have to wait til the off-season to know, but i do have hope.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum what happened to the coaching?

Link Copied to Clipboard