Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

The report is that since they couldn;t hire the guy they wanted last year, they see Chud as a one year fill in till they can get the guy they really want.

If true, that would be asinine.

Not really.....you need someone to be the head coach.

I am not in favor of it, but unlike many, I do like the fact we won't settle.

As someome said, I don't think it is about the record. It has to be in the way Chud runs the team as far as direction, accountability. And, unlike others, I am not upset with them making a mistake in the hire, if it was ahd he is canned. I'd be more upset if they stuck with a failed decision. Anybody can make a wrong choice or make a mistake. Sticking with that decision or mistake is what ticks me off.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
Oh I'm not guaranteeing we will win.

But I'm just saying that the fans will come rushing back when it does happen.

And I do feel if we get the right head coach and a competent starter at QB we will enjoy games well into December next year.

We need a real leader and motivator at HC though.

Legend
Legend
I like Chud. But if he is burned for this crappy season, it is not about getting the BIG name. The next coach, OK. But the one AFTER that? Good luck ever getting a competent guy. This sucks if true. Maybe that is why the bet was hedged with Turner & Horton.

I didn't expect radical improvement and success this year. I DID expect more improvement than I saw. And less backsliding.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If the move is made for Josh McD it is an unnecessary, stupid move.
Obrien has been a fairly oft mentioned, hot commodity lately. More appealing?
Maybe, but I still say poor, hapless QB play has sunk this season and sapped the hopes of this team right down the line.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
If they fire chud you can kiss mack and ward goodbye. You can count on a LOT of our players refusing to resign in the future as well. Players have been VERY vocal about how much they love chud.

Turner will be gone too. Chud is his protege and I guarantee he won't put up with the kind of treatment. No real coaches are going to come to replace him either after seeing Chud treated that bad. It's flat out ridiculous.

This season is more of a failure by the front office than the coaching. They did little and next to NOTHING to help the offense in the off season and the draft.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
But you have no REAL way of knowing how much of a motivator Chud actually is. You're just making assumptions on what you think you've seen. May I remind you how sure you were that Mangini was the answer.

Unless you've been around the team and in the lockerroom you (or I) have no idea what kind of coach Chud is as far as leadership and motivation goes. None. We can only guess. I'm willing to give the guy a pass in his rookie year. Especially with the QB hand he was dealt. The pass is over but he still should be the HC. Anything else is wrong and even the most ardent FO groupie knows it. Even if they'll never admit it.

And if it turns out that Chud gets fired because of a disagreement with Lombardi on who to play at QB this year not only will I stop supporting the Browns I will actively root against them until Lombardi is sent back to the NFL Network where he belongs.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

until Lombardi is sent back to the NFL Network where he belongs.

he doesn't even belong there..

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Dqwell Jackson: "I can't even fathom the firing." (if it happens)

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 12/29/13 05:47 PM.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Besides, If they're going for someone they could not get last year how does that include McDaniel? He could have been had for a song!

BS article IMO.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I like Chud. But if he is burned for this crappy season, it is not about getting the BIG name. The next coach, OK. But the one AFTER that? Good luck ever getting a competent guy. This sucks if true. Maybe that is why the bet was hedged with Turner & Horton.

I didn't expect radical improvement and success this year. I DID expect more improvement than I saw. And less backsliding.

I don't buy that theory. First, all head coaches are convinced they can win and don't shy away from a job because they might be fired. Second, as long as they have their contract, they don't really care. Most coaches know the odds are it is a short term proposition, so as long as they have their 4-5 year deal inked....who cares? I will bet there are a lot of people on this board who wouldn't mind being canned from their job knowing they were going to get paid at full salary for the next 2-3 years.

A former NFL head coach can always find a coaching job unless he did something illegal. A good paying job to be sure.

Who wouldn't mind a 2 year paid vacation after the 2 month bruised ego?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Joe Thomas thinks a Chud firing would be "preposterous".

Folks, I don't think it's gonna happen. I'd be absolutely shocked!

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I never liked Lombardi and I am no fan of Banner. Haslam is nothing but a crook. The one redeeming quality for this group was the hiring of Chud and this staff. If they fire Chud, I will never again cheer for the Browns. I have pretty much had it with this team anyway and if they fire Chud it will be no problem walking away from the Browns.

Chatting with you guys has been the only decent thing about the Browns over the last dozen years anyway.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
JC

I don't think its gone happen.

Gordon was gonna get traded remember?

How did that turn out?

Reporters can report this crap all they one. I rather wait til it offical from the Browns org. Just cuz they said NO COMMENT doesn't mean a thing to me.

[Linked Image from i442.photobucket.com]
D
Legend
Legend
D
JC

If this happens, it has Mike Lombardi written all over it. Its his modus operandi. He is a long time back-stabbing crapweasel of epic proportions. Ask Ernie Accorsi. Ask Bernie Kosar.

Haslam can't be this stupid, is what I'm holding onto, at least until I find out that he is.

R
Rambo Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
R
Grossi's reporting that Haslam left the game with well over six minutes to play.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I never liked Lombardi and I am no fan of Banner. Haslam is nothing but a crook. The one redeeming quality for this group was the hiring of Chud and this staff. If they fire Chud, I will never again cheer for the Browns. I have pretty much had it with this team anyway and if they fire Chud it will be no problem walking away from the Browns.

Chatting with you guys has been the only decent thing about the Browns over the last dozen years anyway.

I've enjoyed talking with you too, but I am not a fan because of Chud. Let's just see how things pan out before we start jumping off bridges.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

But you have no REAL way of knowing how much of a motivator Chud actually is. You're just making assumptions on what you think you've seen. May I remind you how sure you were that Mangini was the answer.

Unless you've been around the team and in the lockerroom you (or I) have no idea what kind of coach Chud is as far as leadership and motivation goes. None. We can only guess. I'm willing to give the guy a pass in his rookie year. Especially with the QB hand he was dealt. The pass is over but he still should be the HC. Anything else is wrong and even the most ardent FO groupie knows it. Even if they'll never admit it.

And if it turns out that Chud gets fired because of a disagreement with Lombardi on who to play at QB this year not only will I stop supporting the Browns I will actively root against them until Lombardi is sent back to the NFL Network where he belongs.

Here are my answers to all of your questions/thoughts.

1. I think Chud has been the worst head coach in the NFL this year. 32 of 32.

2. I won't lose much sleep if he's fired.

3. How do I know if he's a good motivator or leader since I'm not in the locker room? How do we know if Bellyache is if we aren't in the NE locker room? Really odd question.

4. Having said all that I wasn't happy to read the report this morning. I would prefer some continuity and to see if Chud can improve in his second year. I think that's best for the Browns.

5. I was drinking a lot when Mangini was coach.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

1. I think Chud has been the worst head coach in the NFL this year. 32 of 32

Haven't watched Houston,Jacksonville,Dallas or Detroit (to mention just a few) have you?

Quote:

2. I won't lose much sleep if he's fired.

LOL....I won't lose sleep if I get fired. What would be the point?

Quote:

3. How do I know if he's a good motivator or leader since I'm not in the locker room? How do we know if Bellyache is if we aren't in the NE locker room? Really odd question.

Not odd. Was Belichick a terrible coach when he was here or did he just lack a decent QB? (Sorry Bernie) By your "logic" he never should have gotten the NE job.

Quote:

5. I was drinking a lot when Mangini was coach.

Weren't we all?

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Ditto.
And IF they fire Chud I am done as well.
I was not happy Crennell did not get another shot. But understood.
I was almost there after they fired Mangini which I think was a mistake then. Then we got Shurmered which made Mangigni look like we had Parcells. I wanted to hold over Rob Ryan. I think that was another Browns FO mistake.

Seems we are still in this frikken groundhog day timewarp loop.
I do not know if the FO and League just find it funny to keep the Cleveland fans in this state because it creates a story line or what.
But If this is what they call change for the better. I say no thanks. I have seen this movie already. It would as bad the 7th time as it was the first.
( I am not counting Robiskie )
But 7 is the lucky number. Right?

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Two things ...I would lose sleep if I get fired and Shurmur never had a QB either.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Two things ...I would lose sleep if I get fired and Shurmur never had a QB either.

No need to lose sleep after the fact if you weren't losing sleep before the fact.

Your claim that you can tell what kind of a motivator/leader a guy is rests on Pat Shurmur's failure? A guy that pretty much only Mike Holmgren thought would succeed. Sure you wanna go with that?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

No need to lose sleep after the fact if you weren't losing sleep before the fact.

Your claim that you can tell what kind of a motivator/leader a guy is rests on Pat Shurmur's failure? A guy that pretty much only Mike Holmgren thought would succeed. Sure you wanna go with that?

So, are you giving up your seats? I'll miss seeing you a time or two a year, be it a few words in the lower concourse.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Someone should compile a list of those that say they won't be back if Chud's fired. I'll be cheering for the Browns no matter how crappy they play, and so will everybody else here. It's in our blood, however sad that may be lol. I won't go to many games until they start winning, but I'll always be a Browns fan. The Browns are bigger than whoever the coach or GM are.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I was seriously thinking about dumping my seats anyway. I just can't take this constant stomach punch every Sunday from September to January. But I've talked myself out of this feeling before. (Almost every season.... )

But honestly, if they fire Chud I'm definitely done. Another HC means another set of wholesale changes. And more losing. Unless it comes out that he's being fired because he made a pass at Jimmy's wife at the Christmas party then the only reason he's being fired is to cover their asses. Period. They supplied the QB's and RB's he "got" to coach so I assume if he goes, then they'll fire themselves, too. No? Didn't think so.

I'll still check in on the guys here occasionally but I can't root for a team run by self-serving idiots.

We'll see what the next 48 hours brings.....

M
Legend
Legend
M
ESPN's Chris Mortensen is now reporting that Chud will indeed be fired. I read this information via Ryan Lewis of the Akron Beacon Journal.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Wow!

Unbelievable. I'm not sure how to digest this.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
The only way I'm okay with firing Chud is if Bill Cowher, Nick Saban, or Urban Meyer are spotted looking at a house in Strongsville.

B
Legend
Legend
B
All's cool man.. We all reach a point. My point is when I move to Venice, Fla for good. Then I can say I live too far away to hold season tickets. As of now I live inside 600 miles(barely) and can't.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

The Browns are bigger than whoever the coach or GM are.

Actually, they have been smaller than whoever the coach or GM are .......

As far as blasting people for saying things out of frustration ... why bother? Make lists? Who cares?

Earlier today I was ready to turn the NFL off and never turn a game on ever again. (Browns or otherwise) My emotions have calmed somewhat, I will still be madder than hell if the Browns fire Chud, but I've been a tortured fan for decades and decades ....... I checked ...... I've been a fan since 1977 ..... and in all those seasons we have had exactly 10 winning seasons. Bleh. However, I have hung in this long, and I assume that I will continue for a while longer. Maybe one day I'll get disgusted enough to walk away forever. If other people have reached that point now, I can't blame them. We are a perpetually losing team. We make stupid decision after stupid decision. Oh well ..... that's the price of being a Cleveland Browns fan. We know we're going to lose a lot of games ..... often in stupid ways ...... and that the team is going to stink. If anything different happens, it's a nice surprise ..... but nothing to count on long term. We have a long track record of bad football mixed in with a few seasons where we were somewhat better than normal. I cannot blame anyone if that wears on them and creates massive frustration. Hell, I'm frustrated too.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

The only way I'm okay with firing Chud is if Bill Cowher, Nick Saban, or Urban Meyer are spotted looking at a house in Strongsville.

what about lovie smith?

and i don't want nick saban. give us a 9-7 season just to leave for...texas lmaooo. i bet miami still is pissed about that.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't want Urban Meyer he almost had a heart attack thinking abouit having to square off with Nick Saban again while at Florida. What do you think he would do seeing Bill Belichick on the other side line.

L
Legend
Legend
L

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
word bro, thanks for the link.

Rob Chudzinski will be fired after just one season as head coach of the Cleveland Browns, league sources told ESPN.

The Browns are expected to make Chudzinski's firing official early this week, a source added.

[+] EnlargeRob Chudzinski
Ron Schwane/USA TODAY Sports
The Browns will fire Rob Chudzinski after just one season, according to sources.
Chudzinski was hired Jan. 11 after the Browns fired Pat Shurmur less than a year ago. The Browns, including owner Jimmy Haslam, became convinced they made a mistake and did not want to continue down their current path with Chudzinski, sources said.

The Browns plan to commence their head-coaching search immediately. Last year they interviewed Bill O'Brien, Ken Whisenhunt and Chip Kelly, whom they regret not being able to hire.

The Browns finished 4-12 in Chudzinski's only season as head coach.

The first-year head coach had to deal with an unsettled quarterback situation as the Browns started three different players at the position, going with Brandon Weeden in the season opener, turning to Brian Hoyer shortly afterward before he suffered a season-ending knee injury and ending the season with veteran Jason Campbell.

This will represent the third time the Browns have gotten rid of Chudzinski, who grew up a Browns fan in Toledo, Ohio.

Chudzinski coached the Browns tight ends for Butch Davis in 2004, and then returned to the team in 2007 to serves two seasons as offensive coordinator under Romeo Crennel.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Hopefully Haslam realizes the mistake he made hiring Banner and Lombardi also.

Legend
Legend
on a side note.

isn't it weird how chud was the OC in carolina, and they went 7-9?

they have a new OC, and this year they have no less than a 2nd round bye?

crazy.,

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Kinda like the guy who has been married 7 times thinking he'll find a good gal someday.

Check the mirror Browns...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Spineless. Once again the weasels are not true to their WORD. So much for "consensus", lol That nice "idea" didn't last long, did it?

Exactly what I expected out of this bunch of ego tripping idiots. They needed an easy scapegoat to cover their fail job and mis-evaluation this offseason.

And I thought it couldn't get more embarrassing than the game today before I saw this thread after the game….

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
D
Legend
Legend
D
It was actually a (weak) attempt at levity. I'm pretty concerned that we are even having this conversation.

Having said that, any of those guys (Cowher, Saban, Meyer) would turn my concern to happiness.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Regardless of Chud staying or going, I want the Turners gone. If not for Gordon, this would have been the worst offense ever. The play calling was putrid, especially today.

Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Report: Browns HC Rob Chudzinski’s Future In Doubt

Link Copied to Clipboard