Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I keep hoping they will get it right, but they just keep stepping on their man parts over and over again. If Chud was this big of a mistake that you need to can him after one year then the people who were so inept as to hire this inept coach need canned to. I mean if your company's HR guy hires a new executive who is so bad that you have to can him right off the bat.....what does that say for the HR director?????

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

Alex Mack just seemed to think this was yet another bad idea from an organization that seems to be a think-tank for poor decisions.

Beautifully said. Also the last he'll be quoted as a Brown...

I wouldn't blame him to be honest...why stock around in this mess?

If this does go down, Joe Thomas should just march right into the front office and demand a trade...if they refuse, just pack up his locker and leave....he can get better enjoyment out of his time fishing in Wisconsin without worrying about this nonsense....

There is a difference between walking away as a quitter(Which Thomas would not be doing), and walking away because your unhappy with the direction of the organization, and its been apparent the organization is not acting in the best interests of the team.(what Thomas would be doing)

Thomas should strongly consider this, there is no reason for him to put his life and his body on the line when the organization has no clue what direction they are going in, and seem to be working against the teams best interests of having a chance to compete by not providing and cultivating a clear and stable direction.....if I was Thomas, if they fire a guy after one year, I would walk....he has enough money where he won't need to work no more....he could have time better spent fishing his days away and finishing whatever college pursuit he was after before he came to the league...

Thomas is a smart guy, he could succeed at whatever he does.....he may be better off getting out of this organization ASAP and pursuing other avenues.....because if this goes down, its obvious there is no clear direction or plan here, and there is no point laying it all out on the line for such an organization that seems hell bent on being counter-productive and not even trying to cultivate a culture of success....JMO

Thomas deserves a super bowl, and i said he would rooo the day he signed that extension here...he should have bolted...i like Thomas, he is my fav player on the team, but the guy deserves a ring and he isn't going to get it here.....he has never even been to the postseason since he was drafted...totally unfair for a guy of his talent and impeccable character...Thomas is such a great guy, he deserves better then this!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Also from that article I thought was worth emphasizing:

"If I were Chudzinski and asked to make a case for keeping my job, I'd start with the trades of the third and fourth rounders on draft day, 2013. Then I'd mention the Trent Richardson deal. I'd mention keeping the salary cap room -- the most in the league. I'd talk about how everything is pointing to 2014, and I deserve a chance to coach that team -- the team that this front office is building."

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 12/29/13 10:25 PM.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Jay Glazer has confirmed the firing of Coach Chud.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
according to Ian Rappaport it is done.......Browns have fired Chud.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Maybe the best thing for this team is for Haslam to sell due to implications... someone else buys the team... and we get rid of Banner and lombardi...

That's my last hail mary prayer hope I have left if they indeed do fire Chud.

This fish rots from the top down and no matter who's the HC won't field a "consistent winner" anytime soon with those guys calling the shots. That's NOT a final determination, just my personal feeling/opinion.

The Browns sure deliver as post-season "drama queens" yet again.

It probably deserves its own thread, but I'm starting to believe that all this "We're going to make BOLD decisions" mantra is reeking of delusions of grandeur, cart before the horse kind of thing. What have these guys done to act as if they've been there before? Kind of like what teenagers do to seem more mature. Posturing. Boldness doesn't lead to a constant winner per se. It's just boldness, a bunch of hot air.
Mangini had the same problem. Both those regimes were Bellichick apostles. Lots of similarities, from their delusional mindset to losing ways, and none of them I like….

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
M
Legend
Legend
M
Jay Glazer and Ian Rapaport are reporting Chud has been officially fired.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I expect a press conference w/ the entire brass 10am tomorrow.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

according to Ian Rappaport it is done.......Browns have fired Chud.

coming right up on ESPN

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
And I'm done. They'll get no more of my money or time. Maybe I'll feel the love again when this bonehead FO is gone.

Adios.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Jay Glazer and Ian Rapaport are reporting Chud has been officially fired.

Now, if Haslam had any onions and fire Banner/Lombo along with him too and then apologize having made wrong decisions?….then maybe I'd at least listen, but yeah: fat chance, lol

Sad day

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
SIGH...

[Linked Image from i442.photobucket.com]
Legend
Legend
nfl.com just reported as well

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
God really must hate Cleveland...

Legend
Legend
so...

i really hate calling people out, but this guy repeated told people we didn't know football and we were H&H homers and all that other nonsese, so,

VERS, WHERE YOU AT BRO?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
Correct. This speaks volumes about the decision making ability of Banner and Lombardi.

What happens when we go 4-12 again next year? Fire the next guy…again?

This is truly hysterical.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The last four coaches fired in the AFC North have been the coach of the Cleveland Browns.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
M
Legend
Legend
M
At least we're consistent....we consistently pay head coaches who no longer coach for us! Can't wait to listen to the Kiley and Booms Show tomorrow morning.....

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
according to NFL network. team issued a statement that Chud has been fired sighs O well Good luck browns and good luck to those sticking with these asses.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

The last four coaches fired in the AFC North have been the coach of the Cleveland Browns.

It's so routine that ESPN basically made it "in other news, Browns fire another coach"...

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I'm in total shock & denial.
That is the ONE thing I was hanging on the off-season, was the begining of continutity. Now we are the laughing stock of all franshises. How can you possibly convince this fan base, a new coach that you have any competence as a FO

If I only knew then what I know today...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

I can't help but laugh....

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
http://www.wkyc.com/story/sports/nfl/bro...zinski/4244937/

BEREA -- Multiple national sources are saying the Browns have fired head coach Rob Chudzinski.

The news comes after the Browns finish the season at 4-12.

Chudzinski met with team officials in Berea following today's game against the Steelers.

The team issued the following statement:

"We appreciate Chud's passion for the Browns, and we have great respect for him both personally and professionally. We needed to see progress with this football team. We needed to see development and improvement as the season evolved and, unfortunately, we took a concerning step backward in the second half of the year.

"Our fans deserve to see a consistently competitive team. We have high standards, and there's an urgency for success. When we believed we were not positioned to achieve significant progress in 2014, we knew we had to admit that a change was needed, and move forward.

"Browns fans are the most loyal and passionate supporters in the NFL. We're fully committed to bringing them the winning football team they deserve."

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Awful.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
As I said earlier, if your execs hired the guy who you felt was so incompetent that organization was better off taking the catastrophic PR hit than keeping for another year......would you want them to oversee what will probably be a really important offseason that your organization will have before the fans finally revolt????

Nothing against anyone, but if I'm Haslem feels that Chud was that catastrophic do a bad hire then Banner has to take a ton of blame for bringing him in (Lombardi had nothing to do with the interview process as he wasnt here yet). I imagine this will come out that Chud and Lombardi couldn't get along, and that might be a legitimate issue.....problem is if that was the case then why wasn't ML in the inter cite process from the beginning........disfunction continues

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Wonder if the FO will realize there's no such thing as alchemy. You can't turn crap to gold in a few days.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Quote:

..... Big names and no results...

Of course its that way. Banner made his name on Reids coattails. Being a ruthless cap manager is no major talent.
I guess it didn't take long for his true snake self to show up though. I think I,m done with the Browns.
They are gonna end up bringin in the kid from Penn state cause he will be pliable to Banner.

to you Banner. Hated you with the Eagles and hate you here now.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
Rookie
Rookie
I hope Banner and Lombardi are held accountable as well then.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I'm done rooting for this team. I wish they would pick up and just move to Nashville, who cares anymore.

I want the Cleveland Browns to be my pallbearers so they can let me down for the last time.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't think we should have fired Chud. However, it will be nice to see the board lose certain posters. Hopefully, they will stay true to their word and not come back.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

I'm done rooting for this team. I wish they would pick up and just move to Nashville, who cares anymore.

Personally, I don't think Nashville can support two teams. But that's just me.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A ho hum hiring will be a smack in the face!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I hope Banner and Lombardi are held accountable as well then.

we are not that lucky

hopefully, we don't hire Norv Turner.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
This is just insane.

now way O'Brien comes here...the dude would have to be stupid to even consider it.

McDaniels is probably the best head coach we can hope for now, and that guy is a joke...he is a worse head coach then Chud...the players and fans both HATED McDaniels in Denver.....

This team is going to be hard pressed to find someone good...Ken Wisenhunt was interviewed last year, and he and Cowher are very similar and I thought he was our best option last year, but he refused our offer as far as i know and took off for San Diego.....who made the playoffs today.

McDaniels is a horrible head coach, the guy is horrible....if he is who we hire, i'll be finding other things to do on sundays...McDaniels is lost as a head coach the dude doesn't have a clue.....we will be in big trouble in they think McDaniels is any sort of answer here....if you though Crennell was bad, McDaniels is 10 times worse....at least Romeo posted a 10 win season, McDaniels couldn't even do that in a very weak AFC West at the time...

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I don't think we should have fired Chud. However, it will be nice to see the board lose certain posters. Hopefully, they will stay true to their word and not come back.

yea, get mad at the fans cause the FO, the same one who preached continuity, the same one we was skeptical of and you called us H&H supporters, just went against everything they said they WOULDN'T do.

yea, must be their fault.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
Shanahan

No Craps Given
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Quote:

Quote:

Personally, I don't think Nashville can support two teams. But that's just me.

Just put them somewhere that's not here, I don't care. Drop them in a hole in New Mexico.

I want the Cleveland Browns to be my pallbearers so they can let me down for the last time.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Shanahan

dear God, please no

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
J/C...

Pack it up and move it to London already.

All Pro
All Pro
Everybody here needs to change their name to Sucker.
I have been on here all day for some strange reason.
But now...
I am done. Only in spare moments will I check here to see all the same posts of the last 14 years. But will I rant or rave? No. It never really makes me feel any better.
I will lurk. but most likely will never post angry or happy hyper emotional rants.
Not even if all the sudden this team and organization becomes Superbowl contenders.

I was wrong the last 5 weeks with my post game thoughts.
This FO has fired the wrong man. SHAME ON THEM.
How was Chud the right man for the job at the beginning of a year we all knew was not going to be great. And now he is not?
Should that not be the fault of the people who interviewed and ultimately hired him.?

CLEVELAND BROWNS FO!!!!??!!
YOU SUCK!!!

That is all.

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Report: Browns HC Rob Chudzinski’s Future In Doubt

Link Copied to Clipboard