Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
E
Legend
Legend
E
I really had my hopes up that we were finally on the road to some stability with Chud and Norv,

I know thats what is eating you...me too and Diam and probably several other dawgs. I try not to think about it cause it makes me angry still. But positive spin has nothing to do with my feelings that we didn't change much as far as continuity within the FO...except for me mad it better.

Cause the two at the top were really dysfunctional. They didn't know how to conduct interviews, work with a HC. Become a team. So that part is GONE! What remains is the Business end is still here still President. The GM/Personnel end is still here and went from asst. GM to GM.

Yest the blow up was in December when Chud got fired. But now we have to separate that and look at the current move. In comparison it gives continuity as much as you can have when two months ago you changed everything regarding the TEAM end.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well said.

Although the two top nuts were let go the two guys who replaced them are not new to the organization. To me it's nothing more than a slip and a stagger. I think it will quickly get on track and be better due to the purge of a couple of guys who were inept in their respective positions.

I am sorry we lost our cap guru and wheeler-dealer we had in Banner. If he'd have stayed out of the football side I'm sure I'd have been very happy with him.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Sashi Brown will handle the cap and player contracts. It's a job he handled with the Jags too.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I just don't like people calling others liars.

Me either, unless it's true. Which in this case, I'm almost 100% certain it's not.

I hate it when people change their mind due to changing circumstances or new information and then are called liars.. that's NOT lying. Lying involves the intent to deceive, I honestly believe JH planned on having the old group around for a long time.. I'm certain he now wants to keep this group around for a long time and I'm sure that barring something strange, we will have this group for at least 3 years...

This is just my opinion, but I think there is a decent chance that if JH had it to do over again, he would consider firing Banner/Lombardi, and giving Chud and his staff a little more time. I think firing Chud was Banner/Lombardi's idea, they talked JH into doing it, maybe to buy themselves more time, get a staff in their that they could control better, I don't know.... I think it was only after Chud and the staff were gone that JH really started to get feedback on what the real problem was...

Maybe I'm biased because I thought we had a good staff but a very questionable FO... as much as I tried to convince myself and others that it would work out.

Things change, with that, beliefs are altered.

I felt that after firing Chud and then allowing his staff to leave after saying he was in this for the long haul and wanted to build for the future (which Turner called him on), I felt as if it was a knee jerk reaction and that he basically lied to us. He just wasn't honest.

And yeah, I was vocal about it and I don't feel the least little bit ashamed about my beliefs.

But, I'm beginning to see a change. It was VERY clear to me after watching the Presser where Banner and Haslam were addressing the Chud Firing. I said it then and I'll repeat it, Haslam wasn't his generally comfortable self in that presser. He was twitchy and figgety.. I think the "Three Stooges" comment really brought out (as incorrect as I think it was to do that) the basic feelings the fans had.

Personally, I think (believe) JH saw that and didn't like it and realized that some of the problem was sitting right next to him.

I will never know (as none of us will) the entire truth as to what happened with Banner and Lombardi, there is a ton of speculation out there. But I don't know what's true.

But what is apparent is that there was a disconnect between Banner/Lombardi and Haslam. And Haslam ended it.

So while I felt he lied or misled us, I feel as if he figured something out and made the changes he felt he needed to make.

I applaud him. Finally, we got the BOLD that we were promised..

As for Vers, he's just ticked off that his boy Banner was booted. that's the only reason he brought that up the way he did. And pretty much the reason for his bashing of Farmer who's credentials are better than Lombardi and Banner on the football side and are as good as Ozzie Newsomes when he became the GM of the Ravens.

Let me say this so everyone knows it: I reserve the right to change my mind as circumstances become clearer or change.

Got that? Any questions?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
That's pretty much spot on Eo...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Vers. Can't say I was shocked when Chud was let go. The way this board read after the last few games, it would have been a shock if they kept him. I think Rish hit it on the head, when he sensed the trouble brewing about half way through the season. Maybe it would have made more sense to keep Chud and get rid of Banner/Lombardi, but I think we know how it works when you keep a coach and try to hire a GM/CEO. Better to start fresh. I try not to post very much just because of all the BS that goes on here. I also try to stay away from you if your in a mood

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

We were addressing continuity. Once you spoil continuity you cannot spoil it again until it has developed. Continuity certainly didn't develop between December and February.

Quote:

I wasn't bummed when the FO was let go because I felt that the continuity, from my perspective, had already been broken and that the FO played a huge role in the "lack of progress" for which the HC was fired and what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

So in the end, once I really think about it, I guess I didn't bitch about firing the FO or losing the continuity of the FO because I didn't like their methods and that they played a major role in the reasons cited for why the coaching staff was let go.

Quote:

I felt that if we're going to start over by ridding ourselves of people detrimental to the team then lets rid ourselves of all those people detrimental to the team.

Now they are all gone.

I feel better that it was done in fairness with all involved in the mess were let go rather than keeping half the mess to continue.

I think that sums it up nicely.

While we don't really know the facts of the matter, basing it on what has widely been reported, I feel my worst fears about this FO were coming true.

You simply can't break continuity that has already been broken IMO

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree, and why Haslam made the change. I like continuity as much as the next person as long as what you seek to keep is good.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
As a side note .... and totally unrelated .......

Who among us would have bet money that out Chud, Lombardi, Jim Brown, and Joe Banner ....... that Jim Brown would have the longest tenure with the team and Haslam?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Brown has the best criminal connections.

#GMSTRONG
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Quote:

Brown has the best criminal connections.

Haslam should have sent Brown to fire Banner and Lombardi.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

jc...

Continuity...?

Continuity for the sake of continuity?

In the case of Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi...continuity for the sake of continuity is nothing more than an excuse to keep unqualified management employed.

In the short time that both Banner and Lombardi were employed by Haslam, both managed to do enough to get themselves fired...truth is, neither should have been hired and Haslam has no one to blame but himself.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #851800 02/19/14 09:31 AM
L
2nd String
2nd String
L
Quote:

jc...

Continuity...?

In the case of Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi...continuity for the sake of continuity is nothing more than an excuse to keep unqualified management employed.

In the short time that both Banner and Lombardi were employed by Haslam, both managed to do enough to get themselves fired...truth is, neither should have been hired and Haslam has no one to blame but himself.

Nothing worse that an incompetent billionaire...

Why don't we just move forward......

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Nothing worse that an incompetent billionaire..

Easy now, Tony Grossi. You don't want to get fired again now, do you?

Just kidding.

Tackles are tackles.
L
2nd String
2nd String
L
Quote:

Quote:

Nothing worse that an incompetent billionaire..

Easy now, Tony Grossi. You don't want to get fired again now, do you?

Just kidding.

I guess I should have put that in purple...!

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

jc...

Continuity...?

As of now, "incompetent" is a label that Haslam earned and must wear until he proves to be competent, as an NFL owner.

IMO, firing Banner and Lombardi are the first signs that Haslam might be competent enough to own an NFL franchise.

mac #851804 02/19/14 11:34 AM
L
2nd String
2nd String
L
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

jc...

Continuity...?

As of now, "incompetent" is a label that Haslam earned and must wear until he proves to be competent, as an NFL owner.

IMO, firing Banner and Lombardi are the first signs that Haslam might be competent enough to own an NFL franchise.

Well.. you're entitled to your opinion.. as I am mine....

Now try reading the part about moving on....

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You might have noticed thats Mac your talking too. Mac is the king of beating the dead horse

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, he should really listen to those who feel they are qualified to tell others what to post and what not to post. Such censorship has always been an admirable quality.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

About to board flight to Indy from Boston. Ex-Browns GM Mike Lombardi is with the Patriots fleet at the gate.

Field Yates, Twitter

O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
He, he,

Goes right along with how Bill B. would hire guys before the end of season to get an edge. Gotta hand it to him. Haslam pays Lombardi to asess players for 8 months and Bill gets all the info for next to nothing.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
laird...I haven't posted much in the last 4 months and for the most part have just watched this thread as some make excuses for the poor performance of Banner and Lombardi.

...I just couldn't let the "continuity" excuse slide by without finally commenting.

I do understand that Banner and Lombardi supporters might not want to read opinions about "the firing"...but way back in August and Sept of 2012, I tried to tell folks what Joe Banner was like...turns out, Joe Banner was who I thought he was.

Haslam had to learn the hard way...you don't hire someone with a background on the business side to run the football side of your franchise.

mac #851810 02/19/14 06:48 PM
Legend
Legend
Yes, How dare Haslem follow advice from the NFL that basically set Banner up to be the CEO of the Browns before Haslem had even bought the team...

Silly goose...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
mac #851811 02/19/14 06:51 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

...I haven't posted much in the last 4 months...

...and it seems like you have mellowed, mac.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

jc...

Continuity...?

What? I'd say he shows a lot of compentence......the last one maybe not.

Like I have said before, I don't mind mistakes. Everybody makes them.....yes, even billionaires....What makes HIM different is he doesn't stick with a wrong decision.....I like that.

I like the fact we have a team owner who is active and insists on results and can afford to make changes in his desire to bring a winner. Randy could have afforded to make changes, he just didn't.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum FO changes. Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard