Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

So uhhhhh, can Khalil Mack play inside?

Cause if that's the case, I'd have no issues taking him at 4.

Kalil Mack could very well be a reincarnation of Lawrence Taylor without the sexual proclivities.

DIEHARD #856421 02/26/14 08:29 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Losing Dawson, Cribbs, and Jackson in back-to-back off-seasons is brutal but necessary.

Damanshot #856422 02/26/14 08:32 PM
Legend
Legend
Now we need TWO ILB and that's just stupid when we could have filled one of the needs with a little cash that we have plenty of this year

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
cfrs15 #856423 02/26/14 08:33 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Former Cleveland Browns LB D'Qwell Jackson: "I was more than willing to restructure''

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, the undisputed leader of the Browns and most beloved player on the team, said Wednesday that he was "more than willing to restructure'' his contract to remain with the Browns, but that the two sides couldn't agree on the number.

"My agent Brian Mackler and I made the decision that if I was going to take that offer I'd go somewhere else where there's a little bit more stability and a situation that's a little bit better for me,'' Jackson said in an exclusive interview with Northeast Ohio Media Group. "I told (GM) Ray Farmer I think I've been a strong soldier for eight years and I just felt like -- we both did -- we couldn't come up with a number and we both felt like it was better for both sides just to move on.''

Jackson stressed that it's bittersweet, "but at this point in my career, I gave Cleveland everything I had. This time around I have a chance to choose where I want to go. I've saved my money and it's time for me to experience something different. I hate to say it, but I think it was necessary.''

He added, "there was a time when I thought I was out of the league three years ago. The good thing about this situation is I had a good year, I'm healthy and that's all I can ask for. I know I have job.''

Jackson, 30, was released on Wednesday instead of the Browns paying him the $4.0 million roster bonus due March 16 and a $100,000 workout bonus. Jackson, who signed a five-year contract extension two years ago through 2016 worth $42.5 million -- including $19 million in guarantees and bonuses, was due to make $3.93 million this season.

His salaries for 2015 and 2016 were $7.73 million and $7 million, respectively. The Browns will have $4.2 million in dead money on the books for him this year. If he had stayed, his cap number would've been $9.43 million.

"I definitely would've stayed if they would've payed the $4.0 million bonus,'' Jackson said. "I want to be around when Cleveland turns the corner. My feeling was always that 'this year is going to be the year.' There wouldn't have been any doubt in my mind that I wanted to be in Cleveland.''

The longest tenured member of the Browns at eight seasons, Jackson is currently a free agent and can sign with any team. His agent was already fielding calls from numerous teams within minutes after Jackson's release and he's expected to begin making visits on Friday.

"I'm willing to go to 31 other teams at this point,'' Jackson said. "Obviously I'm looking for a place that has some type of stability, someplace that a guy that's been around and you know he's not going to be out in two years. I don't have a crystal ball or anything but ideally that's going to probably have a lot of weight in determining my decision in where I go.''

Mackler said the issue with Jackson was that "we needed a commitment from the Browns that D'Qwell was going to be with the Browns for the next two to three years. They couldn't provide that, so we decided to have a mutual split.''

Mackler said he's never seen anything like the outpouring of support for Jackson from all over the league.

"In 24 years of doing this, D'Qwell has been one of the most respected people in the business that I've ever come across, whether you're talking about players, coaches or front office people,'' said Mackler. "The people that have left this organization value what he brings on and off the field. D'Qwell won't have a lack of suitors, and he'll have a choice of where he wants to go.''

Jackson, the Browns second-round pick in 2006 out of Maryland, admitted it would be tough to make the playoffs next year with another team.

"It'll be exciting for the simple fact that I'm in the playoffs, but then I'll feel like I'm cheating on Cleveland the first year I'm gone, because I wanted to do it in Cleveland,'' he said. "It will be exciting, but at the same time, I wish my brothers in Cleveland could experience it if they don't make the playoffs this year.''

Jackson's leadership ability was unparalleled in the Browns locker room. He held the team together through the trade of Trent Richardson last season and through subsequent rumors that Josh Gordon was on the trading block. He also guided the locker room through the suspension of Joe Haden for Adderall use in 2013 and through the firings of numerous coaches.

Jackson, who missed all but six games in 2009-10 with torn pectoral muscles, played for four different head coaches in his eight years here. He was miffed this year after the Browns fired Rob Chudzinski, and began growing weary of the upheaval.

"Every time a move happens like that, you think about it,'' said Jackson. "It's just a natural reaction. I didn't see it coming. I remember being asked about it in Pittsburgh and it was bizarre. I was angry. I couldn't believe people would start a rumor like that.''

Jackson felt like he was in good standing with the team until CEO Joe Banner and GM Mike Lombardi were let go Feb. 11.

"After that, I didn't know what to expect,'' he said. "I thought I was going to be here when they were still here, but there's no definite truth to that. That's just my natural feel. The decision was made quickly and they have some guys they have to take care of, Jordan Cameron, Josh Gordon. I'm not upset, because I know it's going to leave them room to take care of those guys when those guys are up.''

Jackson acknowledged that going 41-87 in his eight years took its toll. He never made the playoffs and experience only one winning season, the 10-6 campaign of 2007.

"Losing year after year, it sucks,'' said Jackson. "What I learned early on probably four years ago, you dig deep to find your strength during all that losing. find..and I was so optimistic when I was there in Cleveland -- I felt like we could win every game. I felt every year like we would go to the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. But my fear of losing that desire to play the game is what drove me to prepare and play hard.''

Jackson said he consulted with former teammates such as Scott Fujita, Mike Adams (Pops) and Eric Barton to make his decision. He watched Adams go to the Super Bowl this year with Denver after years of losing in Cleveland.

"All the guys that have left and have gone on to win -- Phil (Dawson) made a big kick and I was texting him and Pops is one of my good friends, so we keep in touch and he would tell me he loved Cleveland,'' said Jackson. "There's something about being in Cleveland. The guys are close. The guys go through tough times together, and at the same time he's experiencing a different locker room, he's experiencing something totally different and it re-energizes you. That's what I'm excited for. But it's tough. It really is.''

Jackson said he made a pros and con sheet and it opened his eyes to what he needed to do.

"What really made my decision easier was that the same cons that I had now were the cons I had five years ago,'' he said. "So something had to change.''

He said it will be interesting to watch from afar and see who fills the leadership void. He trained the young players such as Joe Haden, T.J. Ward and Tashaun Gipson well.

"I hope they take care of T.J.,'' he said. "The leaders will come from guys like T.J and Joe Haden and Paul Kruger and Quentin Groves. Whoever separates himself as the leader, that's going to be interesting to watch.''

He said the toughest part for him is leaving all the guys he's become so close to.

"That's the part that's tough is leaving the guys,'' said Jackson. "I thought we had a good group last year. We finally have the guys in the locker room to take that next step. It's just when are we going to stick behind a coaching staff that can develop these guys? I've met with the new coaches, I've met with coach Pettine, and they seem like great people and they're on the right mission, so I wish them all the luck.''

Jackson, who played every snap but one last year, said it wasn't a matter of fitting into Pettine's new defense, a hybrid multi-front scheme.

"In eight years I've had five or six defensive coordinators and the benefit I've had is I've played in the majority of defenses teams are playing,'' he said. "And I've thrived in most of them so I don't think that's the case. I also have to take into account am I going to play a certain amount of snaps? Can I for the next three to five years with this amount of snaps on my body. You really have to take that into account.''

Jackson said he takes consolation in the fact the Browns can use some of his money to re-do the contracts of Haden, possibly Ward and others.

"That's the way I'm dealing with it,'' he said. "That those guys that worked extremely hard, now it's their turn to be able to stay around as long as I did and be around the community.''

Jackson also expressed his gratitude to Browns fans every where in a statement released by the team: "Eight years ago I began a journey that blessed me with the opportunity to be a part of a wonderful organization and community. I want to take this time to thank each and every one of you for opening your arms and hearts to my family and me, and for making Cleveland an easy place to love and call home. It’s been an honor playing in front of you.

“I also would like to thank the Browns players, coaches and staff for their tireless work and commitment. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you all and will always carry you with me."

Farmer also said in a statement, "We had positive discussion with D’Qwell and his agent over the last several days, and we came to the mutual agreement to go in different directions. D’Qwell is the epitome of class, leadership and professionalism. Every day of his NFL career, D’Qwell has been a solid representative of the Browns and the City of Cleveland, both between the lines on Sundays and off the field in our area community. We want to thank him for his eight years of service and wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.”

Jackson, who's expected to hear from plenty of his former Browns coordinators, said he's eager to test the waters.

"It's going to be exciting to see who wants me and I've never been a free agent before,'' he said. "This is all new territory.''

And a new venture for the Browns without their trusted leader.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss..._medium=twitter

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
GMdawg #856424 02/26/14 08:34 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Some would argue that we needed two inside linebackers even if Jackson stayed (I am not one of those people).

If Jackson is old, expensive, and doesn't fit the defense then it makes total sense to cut him.

Damanshot #856425 02/26/14 08:37 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am happy for DQ to be honest and feel bad for Joe thomas.

I really like Max Bullough from mich st I think he will be a steal for someone in the 4th. I know most dont have him that high but I think he is gonna stud out.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Other potential surprising cuts:

Rubin - hopefully traded, but good chance cut. I don't see us paying $8mil for a rotational DL in a 3-4. Love Rubin and I think he can get close to that somewhere else (especially 4-3 team), so I don't think he restructures.

Pinkston - if he's not healthy or just been away too long, then he costs too much.

Barnidge - he was Chud's guy. Chud's gone.

Groves - same, except he was Horton's guy.

Ogbonnaya - don't be surprised to see 3 new RBs.

Sanford - just didn't do enough to warrant a spot. He'll likely be on the team through August though.

Campbell will be gone. Weeden might be able to be traded. If he can't, he'll be cut as part of the roster cuts. He's not due any roster bonus money so, he costs them nothing more than what he would normally get paid (salary excepted) no matter when he's cut.

pblack18707 #856427 02/26/14 08:47 PM
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
A class act even in leaving. He's exactly what the Browns needed, I'm just sad that we never gave him what he needed.

DIEHARD #856428 02/26/14 08:52 PM
Legend
Legend
Thanks for the memories.

#gmstrong
DIEHARD #856429 02/26/14 08:56 PM
Legend
Legend
Not happy. Do not like this at all.

You do not let a the captain of the defense go when you have nothing to replace him with. A draft pick is not a replacement. Neither is a free agent.

You restructure his deal and pay the $4 mil. You draft a guy and groom him; then make the change.

Pdawg #856430 02/26/14 08:57 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'll always be a fan of D'Qwell Jackson and I wish him well. Very disappointed to see him released today but I understand the reasoning behind the move. We need speed and youth at the position but we'll miss his leadership big time.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
MrKelso #856431 02/26/14 09:13 PM
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
D’Qwell Jackson quickly lines up suitors

Posted by Mike Florio on February 26, 2014, 7:10 PM EST

In the wake of the Browns’ decision to part ways with veteran linebacker D’Qwell Jackson, Mike Wilkening identified the teams that could be interested in adding him.

There wasn’t much time for speculation.

Jeff Darlington of NFL Network reports that Jackson already has a visited lined up for Thursday.  Jackson has declined to name the team, but he calls it a “great place.”

Jason La Canfora of CBS reports that, in all, seven teams have contacted Jackson.  Seven teams.  In just a few hours.

The Browns deserve some credit for cutting Jackson now, nearly two weeks before the start of the league year.  Flush with cap space, the Browns didn’t need to make the move until the day before a $4.1 million roster bonus became due in March.  Releasing Jackson now gives him a valuable head start.

It also gives another team a chance to upgrade its corps of linebackers with a guy who has suffered through eight largely losing seasons in Cleveland.

DIEHARD #856432 02/26/14 09:22 PM
Legend
Legend
Wow - what sad news... Thanks for everything DQ.... hope you get picked up by a good team... out of the AFC north...

<><

#gmstrong
Damanshot #856433 02/26/14 09:45 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

All about the money folks.. His play is good enough,, The money thing got him.

The more I read of you guys, the less I like and respect you.

First, we had the huge blow-up about "he lied to me" and "the continuity" thing when Chud was fired. You followed that w/a celebration of Banner and Lombardi being fired. How didn't he lie that time? How did we preserve continuity? I call BS. Freaking hypocrites.

Then, there were articles out there and we can dig the posts up if you want [no, you won't want that] about Banner and Lombardi possibly cutting DQ. You were all up in arms. I remember the Grossi article about not understanding the "heart of a man." And most of jumped on board w/that. Now..........lol...........you saw it coming and it's okay because it was a financial situation.

You guys suck!!! Freaking hypocrites.

Oh, and if the shoe doesn't fit................my comments are not directed towards you, But, if the shoe does fit.............stick it somewhere.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 02/26/14 09:46 PM.
pblack18707 #856434 02/26/14 09:49 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

"I told (GM) Ray Farmer I think I've been a strong soldier for eight years and I just felt like -- we both did -- we couldn't come up with a number and we both felt like it was better for both sides just to move on.''

Farmer's first major decision is to cut ties w/DQ. The guy is a genius.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dude do u have to look for a fight all the time? give it a freaking rest. You know what people can disagree with you without being a moron. Get over yourself your arent that damn important.

Mourgrym #856436 02/26/14 09:52 PM
Legend
Legend
Yes, he does. It's all he knows. He just enjoys baiting people to get them riled up.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Come on man....what happened to you?

I have said over and over that money shouldn't be the issue, but in this case it is. He's not worth the contract amount.

JMO.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #856438 02/26/14 09:56 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It was a dumb move to release him and he is worth 4 mil. The guy makes plays. I agree with vers just didnt like the way he went about it lol. Farmer will not replace him with anyone better.

Mourgrym #856439 02/26/14 09:58 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, turn it around. There were dozens of posts blasting Banner when Grossi suggested that Banner might let him walk. Remember the "you can't measure the heart" article. Banner was so freaking evil.

It wasn't about money then--------even though I said that was the case.

Now, it is about the money.

Screw all of you freaking hypocrites. Turn it around and make it like I am wrong. Pfffttttt.........you are a bunch of phony hypocrites.

Ballpeen #856440 02/26/14 10:01 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
What are you talking about. I said it was about money right off the bat. However, because it was Banner in charge at the time.............he was being called a snake and other such names by the majority of posters.

Fake. Fickle. Hypocritical.

And again, if you weren't one of those posters............then it's not about you. And for those who were............I have zero respect for you.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is exactly the move i would have expected from Banner. Eliminating the vet thats been here for 8 years so he can replace him with an overpriced scrub from another team. I dont like the move at all but I am happy for DQ as he can get away fromthe misery. I think this regime is destined to have the #1 pick next year and are off to a good start.

Mourgrym #856442 02/26/14 10:09 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Mourg..........I am not arguing about the move. And I don't think you were one of the guys flipping out that Banner might not resign him.

You are misunderstanding my point.

Why is it horrific to Grossi and many posters to release DQ when Banner was in charge and yet it is understandable to release him when Farmer is in charge? And again.............my comments were not directed towards you, because you weren't such a freaking phony like these other guys.

Legend
Legend
What thread are you talking about?

#gmstrong
Pdawg #856444 02/26/14 10:13 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Can't remember. Probably the FA thread.

There was an article by Grossi talking about "how you can't measure a man's heart." He said DQ would probably be cut because of the money and Banner wouldn't read DQ's heart. Posters were going off on Banner.

I really hope you are not suggesting I am making this up.

Legend
Legend
I'm not suggesting anything. I just want to go and read the thread.

#gmstrong
Pdawg #856446 02/26/14 10:22 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I tried doing a quick search, but couldn't find it.

It's out there though, believe me on that one.

Pdawg #856447 02/26/14 10:28 PM
Legend
Legend
make it happen farmer... D'Qwell who?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
A
All Pro
All Pro
A
jc
I'm pretty OK with this. I'd rather they have paid him the 4 million, and done the years. I didn't read the entire thread to see what actual contract deal information is really out there. Maybe the real killer was the length of the contract.

I have a feeling DQ knew he'd be set up for a good team, and likely for more than what he'd have accepted here. I wish him luck. I always liked him, liked his play for the most part, felt he played hard and was undersized, hurt but effective when on the field. I didn't like his 5 yard past the LOS tackling.......but at least he tackled and in the right spot usually.

I wish him nothing but luck. Classy exit, classy guy. Good luck to him.

AkBrownsfan #856449 02/26/14 10:52 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am not upset that DQ is gone. Not happy either. More ambivalent. He was an okay player. Nothing more, nothing less. I do wonder why we didn't trade him. We should have been able to get a mid round draft pick for him. Even if for the 2015 draft. Heck we got what a 6th for Colt and a 7th?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Jester #856450 02/26/14 10:53 PM
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
His contract was bad. Too bad to trade that is.

AkBrownsfan #856451 02/26/14 10:59 PM
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I have some strong doubts that we are taking a QB with the #4 pick now. I think Khalil Mack becomes a very strong possibility or trading down and picking up Mosely. talk about a new era in our defense.

DQ had all the heart you want in a player and he played pretty good too but its not like his talent was elite after his injuries. I want a MLB that can get more tackles for a loss than DQ did. Still, I think losing him hurts the morale of the team and it sure doesn't help resign Ward. You can't expect loyalty from the players if the team doesn't give them some loyalty back. Cutting team leaders always have nasty side effects unless they lose the job to a better player.

I don't think this is a money move either Vers. I think our new HC just doesn't like his performance and wants to replace him. I am sure they have a plan in mind. Will just have to wait and see.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Razorthorns #856452 02/26/14 11:31 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wish Mr. Jackson the very best of luck. I hope he gets signed by a very good team that plays a 4-3 and he enjoys a few years of success before he retires.

The fact is DQ didn't fit with the Browns going forward. A mutual decision was made. It is what it is. We we're going to need to address the position anyway....

A tough decision was needed and Farmer made it. Personally, I'll put a check in the positive column for that.... Something to be said for doing what's best for the club even though it is likely to be unpopular at the time.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Can't remember. Probably the FA thread.

There was an article by Grossi talking about "how you can't measure a man's heart." He said DQ would probably be cut because of the money and Banner wouldn't read DQ's heart. Posters were going off on Banner.

I really hope you are not suggesting I am making this up.

Some people think with their hearts about these things.... Had Banner still been here and cut DQ I would have been fine with that. No way could we pay that salary for DQ. I had a lot(understatement) of serious problems with Banner and his megalomania. However, cutting DQ wouldn't have set me off.

And those that did freak would have settled down after a time. Especially if we end up with a bad ass at ILB. Peace....

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Spiritbro77 #856454 02/27/14 12:11 AM
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Ive been back and forth on this move since I heard about it.

Our defense SUFFERED when DQ was out of the lineup the last 2-3 years. When he missed a couple games and we went with Fort and CRob...our D was horrible...he had a Phil Taylor like impact on our D.

Now...

He was a part of a defense that for 8 years couldn't get off the field on 3rd down...When was the last time you saw DQ make a game changing play? He had a couple deflections/ints this year that were huge...but I don't much remember otherwise...
I never remember him making a big run stuff in a game on a 3rd n short...
I never saw him hype on the field...yea he made plays...but eh. From a captain and leader...I want to see bigger impact, and more intensity.
Also...DQ was one of the worst blitzing LBs ive ever seen. He got walled up more than any player we've ever had.

He gave everything he had, and he never complained or anything...I'll miss him because he was everything you want in a player off the field, and in interviews and in everything...
But there is always a but...he just didn't impact the game in a way that he isn't easily replaceable. He reminds me so much of Andra Davis and Paul Poszlusny. Good players but never good enough to impact a game the way a top defender should...never able to elevate a defense.

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
anarchy2day #856455 02/27/14 12:37 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I though that it was a priority anyway.

It was.. but I was hoping we could find a quality guy to put next to DQ.. putting a quality guy beside Robertson, even if the guy is a stud, only makes us marginally better.. ILB went from a 1 spot need to a 2 spot need.

yebat' Putin
pblack18707 #856456 02/27/14 12:41 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I want to go somewhere with stability''

Wow. I guess I'm not the only one who thinks who thinks like that.

I wonder how many other players feel the same as DQ. I've been concerned about this all along, with all the constant changes. 2.6 years avg. lifespan for a coaching staff? That's been beyond insane. I really can't imagine what it must have been like to play for 4 different coaches in an 8-year span... and only enjoy one winning season in all that time.

I can't imagine what it would be like to toss a playbook into a trash can every 2 1/2 years... and start all over. Again. And again. And-

I can't imagine what it must be like to look back, and see that the longest tenured coaching staff you ever played for was in college.

I can imagine it would pretty much suck.

I'm (kind of) right there with him, as a fan.

I wish D'Qwell well in everything he does. He did everything that was asked of him to the very best of his ability, and he always tried to make the place better with his efforts. That kind of person is hard to replace in any organization.

This hole is a bigger fill than just an ILB spot on the roster. It creates a vacuum of leadership. It will be interesting to see who fills that role-

"too many notes, not enough music-"
KingSteve #856457 02/27/14 12:48 AM
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
j/c

Was he one of the players that lacked "intestinal fortitude"

DCDAWGFAN #856458 02/27/14 01:33 AM
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

I though that it was a priority anyway.

It was.. but I was hoping we could find a quality guy to put next to DQ.. putting a quality guy beside Robertson, even if the guy is a stud, only makes us marginally better.. ILB went from a 1 spot need to a 2 spot need.

Well, D'Qwell is gone and Robertson isn't coming back either. He's among the Browns free agents as well. Jackson was cap casualty (yeah, I know, it sounds odd because of the cap space the Browns have). Remember, they're trying to extend Haden's deal to a long-term deal before he hits free agency next year. Phil Taylor, Sheard, Cameron, Hoyer, et al are free agents next year. It's a possibility that they'll try to extend some of those deals too.

Then, there are cap hits later that they might have to eat. $49 million doesn't go a far as you might think.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am sure there will be more moves, but most will be minor. Jason Campbell and Weeden are as good as gone. Other than those two I don't see anything else too big on the horizon

Did you see this coming? I did not, even though I have no problem with it

People have been talking about Jackson being cut since the beginning of the 2013 season.

If you are referring to the "2013 season" as when football games began, I'll say well before that....more like around when Horton was hired. It was apparent, with his prior experience/struggles in other 34 defense, he could be an issue. He had become much better in a 43 and going back to the 34 did scare some folks.

One thing that is peculiar is the timing of this release. Technically, the Browns had until March 15 to pay him his roster bonus of $4M. That's more than two weeks away. I'd think if the Browns REALLY wanted DQ back, they would have waited as long as they could to try and negotiate. However if Jackson REALLY wanted out, maybe he said he simply won't restructure.

We probably will never know.....like always.

or they would have tried to trade him for a draft pick.

wonder why they didn't shop him at all?

Maybe they did. Maybe they got no nibbles. They would have been on the hook for an additional $4.1 million in a few days, so they cut ties.

No one knows what happened behind the scenes.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum DQ Released

Link Copied to Clipboard