Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Legend
Legend
C
So you're saying Jordan Cameron is going to earn that new contract?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

PURE AND SIMPLE...the guy I want is:

Joel Bitonio (OT/OG)

Nice call my friend I wanted him or Lee so I am thrilled. I love the pick.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now Greg Little is our #1 WR.

Is the draft over?

no, just the season.

Stop being drama queens.... Its a definite blow but 1 man doesnt make a team.

Haven't figured out the purple text yet, huh? Maybe you should learn how the site works before putting your foot in your mouth.

#GMSTRONG
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

Here's my list for #35:

1) WR Marqise Lee
2) LG Joel Bitonio
3) WR Jordan Matthews

I do love Bitonio. here was my write-up on him

Bitonio is the most athletic OL not going near the top ten of this draft as he was top four in all speed, quickness and jumping categories at the combine. He is a former top-prep power-forward and grew up doing mixed martial arts (his father was a professional), which is likely why he has such amazing balance and is so good with his hands. Mean SOB on the field who is also a noted leader in practice/film off the field and graduated with a degree in economics (statistic based). Also, after the season, he decided it might help his draft stock if he learned every position on the OL, which he did by the Senior Bowl (and had a great week). He isn’t the strongest guy, has shorter arms (so OG/OC only) and Nevada did almost exclusive 2-pt stance (though he looked fine in a 3pt in the Senior Bowl). If he can add strength, then he is the prototypical ZBS OG.

well, CleveSteve and myself at least are happy with the Browns selection.

Bitonio is very good. He really showcased himself at Senior Bowl week and against Barr (UCLA v. Nevada game).

#gmstrong
P
All Pro
All Pro
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now Greg Little is our #1 WR.

Is the draft over?

no, just the season.

Stop being drama queens.... Its a definite blow but 1 man doesnt make a team.

Haven't figured out the purple text yet, huh? Maybe you should learn how the site works before putting your foot in your mouth.

Maybe you should reread it and learn English. Maybe you will see that it is directed to the initial quote(reason for including it) not last one in purple. And directed to everyone flipping out(reason for using plural of Drama Queens)

And I'm just not quite sure how I'm putting foot in mouth even if you were correct

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well Robinson just went to the Jags. Another WR bites the dust

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Legend
Legend
Wow. The Jags get Allen Robinson to go along with Lee.

They are making sure that Bortles is surrounded by talented receivers. (while we wait .... with our Guard)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Do we take a linebacker or a RB in the third? I think Hyde may be there.... or do we go best ILB on the board?

Legend
Legend
Punter. Gotta be a Punter here.

Hyde was already drafted by the Niners.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oh thanks I didn't see that. Gets confusing when they get so backed up with the picks.

P
All Pro
All Pro
P
I was thinking longsnapper

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

They are making sure that Bortles is surrounded by talented receivers. (while we wait .... with our Guard)

Quote:

Punter. Gotta be a Punter here.

This is getting comical.

N
Legend
Legend
N
I know you are joking, but wouldn't mind a LBer. be elite on one side of the ball. might be an ILB from that on defense now.

we shall see though. I really like the guys we have picked thus far.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pats take another QB. And Wille mac wants to get knifed in the parking lot.... man you don't antagonize a NY audience.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I know you are joking, but wouldn't mind a LBer. be elite on one side of the ball. might be an ILB from that on defense now.

I'm not joking at all. An ILB makes perfect sense. Play great D and run the ball. That was the Jets way when Pettine was there. Ground and pound. Seems like the best plan for us this year.... and we need linebackers! Steelers have taken one in the 1st two years in a row. CAN'T have enough linebackers in this D.

Legend
Legend
I hope we take Martavis Bryant in the third if he's there, he's the most like Gordon in the draft.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here goes the third...

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not joking at all. An ILB makes perfect sense. Play great D and run the ball. That was the Jets way when Pettine was there. Ground and pound. Seems like the best plan for us this year.... and we need linebackers! Steelers have taken one in the 1st two years in a row. CAN'T have enough linebackers in this D.

okay, well then I agree with you. wouldn't mind a LBer or a S.

#gmstrong
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I'll take Moncrief but I doubt we will

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Agree on Bryant. I really liked Landry as well but the fish screwed that up..lol

Legend
Legend
Why does this Landry kid the Dolphins just drafted remind me of Hines Ward? Excellent hands, quick rather than fast, strong blocker .....

U
All Pro
All Pro
U
I'd go with Bruce Ellington, WR, South Carolina. I know he is only 5' 9", but I just really like him. Actually compares favorable to Brandin Cooks, who the Browns were rumored to like in round 1 before the Saints took him at 20.

Moncrief and Bryant would be okay too, and have the size profile of true #1 recievers, but I like Ellington.

N
Legend
Legend
N
LBer
Christian Jones

S
Jonathan Dowling
Dion Bailey

#gmstrong
D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
Donte Moncrief _ I could see him being a good pick for us, here in the 3rd.

Last edited by DawgFace; 05/09/14 09:43 PM.

Go Browns !!!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
That is who he reminds me of as well. I actually liked him as much if not more than Odell......nice pick by the fish.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LB Safety or RB.....

N
Legend
Legend
N
I wouldn't be mad with Tre Mason. still prefer LBer or S as they might actually start right away

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I would think that a WCO team would want an outside receiver who can block as well as the rest.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I would think that a WCO team would want an outside receiver who can block as well as the rest.

okay, but what would we want. saying Shanahan is a WCO is not straight truth. he is hybrid to the weapons on hand (see smaller WRs in DC, etc.)

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Little has his problems catching the ball but he is an excellent blocker....

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Little has his problems catching the ball but he is an excellent blocker....

Yes he is ... but he may not make the team,. (although that does seem more likely now)

D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
Pick a WR, here we go...

Go Browns !!!!
E
Legend
Legend
E
I'm like in draft heaven Big Willie

Look at my sig...and at 35 no shopping list for me the guy I wanted was Bitonio. I did think possibly a TE in case we lose Cameron but that was like those thinking because of Gordon we had to go WR...never never ever pick out of desperation...That is how you get Trent and Weeden!

Most important the forgotten man is Gilbert. This kid is elite. The kid we took Desir we could convert him to be a Safety and of course special teams.

But usually I never get my guy. I liked our first pick but at 4 thought No Way we are taking a CB that early. So he wasn't even a thought of mine...props to the dawg on this board who wanted him cause it was a thread about him or guys liking him that made me watch him and think wow he's awesome, too bad we won't take him at 4.

But Manziel at #4 - steal at 22, I did say he would drop cause the last sub 6'er QB to get drafted in the first was Bob Griese back in the 60's??? So so happy he's been my guy. see signature

But to get my guy in the 2nd so so many wishes in that round and I never get my guy. This kid is nasty has excellent footwork, look at his knee bend...look how he keeps his knees over his ankles while moving. Look at his power, speed...man o man, possibly our best Interior OLman we are going to have, don't wish to say ever cause our best were in such a long time ago era hard to compare. But yes, better than Stienbach

jmho this is me even with the Gordon news...pfft WR who cares! ain't going to let that druggie ruin my day.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2014 NFL Season NFL Draft 2014 2nd Round Pick - who do you want?

Link Copied to Clipboard