Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

I have a tumor in my neck.

Going in for surgery next week. Have to go to Nashville, TN because no one can do it in my area. It's life threatening.

vers...I hope all goes well for you next week in Nashville, with a quick and complete recovery!

...good luck, woof

+1... in our prayers.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
I wish you the best of luck on that.. Tumors are scary business..

I know we have our differences and most likely always will, but I DO NOT WISH an illness on you..

Best of luck to you.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Going in for surgery next week. Have to go to Nashville, TN because no one can do it in my area. It's life threatening.

vers...I hope all goes well for you next week in Nashville, with a quick and complete recovery!

...good luck, woof

Vers, you're the only one on my ignore list, but I saw this and wanted to offer good thoughts and prayers. I hope you have a full and speedy recovery.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I can't believe all of the excuses for Josh. How many chances can a guy get? how stupid do you have to be to ruin your, what was turning out to be very profitable career to get high? No one is to blame but Gordon.

Selfish, stupid, unbelievable.

While I am in agreement that Weed is legal in some states, it is not performance enhancing and it should be a legal drug. It's not, it's not legal in Ohio, it's not legal in the NFL and this guy knows this stuff, inside and out, probably more than any other player on our roster. If he were a 2nd string corner trying to make the roster everyone would want him cut.

He is likely to get a suspension and he deserves to be gone the entire year. Obviously I hope not, but if he weren't a high profile player, he would be done and would likely never get another shot.

What an idiot.

You may not like it, you may not agree with it, you may think he's an idiot and that's your right, but it is his choice to make, detrimental to his career or not. I personally don't like it because he was warned and did it anyway, has let down the team, the fans, his family and possibly jeopardized his career. However, it is part of the culture that permeates the NFL. He is BY FAR not the only player to use pot. Even the NFL is now recognizing that testing for it and handing out harsh punishment for failed tests may not be good for business.

The exact number of players that use pot is unknown, but that number is likely somewhere between 50-80%. Jerrod Cherry (for what that's worth) put the number at 80% or more, and said it was most prevalent among the top tier players. Then there's this:

Quote:

Our unscientific survey of 48 current and former players, front office execs, head and assistant coaches, agents, medical professionals and marketing professionals—all of whom either played in the NFL or work closely with NFL players—suggests that more than half of all players smoke marijuana regularly.

One agent put the number at 80%. A coach surmised 60%. A front office decision-maker said 30%. One player who retired after the 2012 season put the number of users at 70%, with 35% of players smoking every day. And one current player who doesn’t smoke guessed an even 50%. If so, that would make about 1,000 members of the league’s fluctuating player population of roughly 2,000.

Link

IMHO, all the high and mighty vitriol and other nonsense is just excessive hand wringing while tilting at windmills from an ostrich's POV.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam declined to confirm that Josh Gordon failed another drug test and is facing indefinite suspension, but indicated the team will stand by him.

"Josh is learning and growing and improving as a person,'' Haslam said during a speech to 500 fans at a Pro Football Hall of Fame luncheon club event. "He's learning how to work hard. He's learning how to be a professional. Josh is a smart young man. All of us have made mistakes when we were that age. We're counting on Josh being a good football player for the Browns for a long time to come.

"We spend a lot of time with all of our core players and Josh is obviously one of those. We have all spent a lot of time talking to Josh and I'm not going to comment on the situation but I'll say this, but I've been very pleased with his professional growth over the last year and the way he handles himself.''

I am liking the Browns less and less as time goes on. Just about done.

Bye Bye

Hmmmm

Keep in mind Peen, When I wrote that I was NOT aware of his tumor. I was simply referring to him being "just about done" with the Browns.

I would NEVER, no matter how much or how little I think of someone wish ill upon them. in life in general and certainly not on a message board where so much of what's written is taken out of context anyway.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B

I understand now....my bad....I think we can all say we are pulling for the guy.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
BpG Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Good luck man, maybe they'll give you some medicinal marijuanna to aid your recovery!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
No one would ever think that you would wish ill on anyone. Even without your clarification no one thinks that.

But this "Bye bye" post of which you find you think you must defend yourself is indicative of your style in responding to Vers... without thinking first, like a robot programmed to respond immediately and contrariwise.

Your wont to respond to nearly every one of Vers' posts in a negative or contrary manner is juvenile for someone your age. There is no way anyone disagrees with absolutely every single thing someone in particular might say.

In real life no one would act like that in personal, face to face dealings without provoking a fight. With you it's become ridiculously childish and appears as though you stalk him with the sole purpose to irritate or aggravate him into an argument.

Vers is a football guy. You are not. You each have your own opinions. It is virtuously impossible for him to be wrong in every one of his.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It's mutual distaste toward each other so don't make it sound as if it's one sided. It is not.

As for nobody thinking I wished ill on him, you may want to rethink that.... I think Peen might have. But we've since cleared that up.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Of course it's a mutual distaste toward each other. By now it would be a surprise if it were anything else. The difference is that he doesn't lay lurking in wait for you to say something just to get a barb in.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Good luck with your up coming surgery. You will be in my prayers.

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Disagreements or not we are all human beings and we are all here because we love our Browns. I hope things go well for you and you can come back full steam.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Of course it's a mutual distaste toward each other. By now it would be a surprise if it were anything else. The difference is that he doesn't lay lurking in wait for you to say something just to get a barb in.

I don't lay in wait for him either. but of course, you don't wish to believe that, so be it.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I think that there have been barbs from both sides in that particular rivalry. I'll leave it at that.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Ditto that. While in Nashville, when you get out, make sure you stop and eat at Monell's. Can't beat it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Let me give you an example. A few people know this. I made them promise to secrecy because I didn't want any freaking sympathy from those who dislike me.

And while we have had our disagreements, I kept that secret. But since it's now all out in the open, you are in my prayers as well. You have been since the day you informed me of this.

I hope you still have my phone number and will call me so I can visit you. Never hesitate to call.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
ditto on what Pit said

I didn't refrain from any disagreements cause I knew you would not want it that way.

Been lighting a candle for you every Sunday. Kick butt

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
j/c

Source: League, union haven’t agreed to relaxed marijuana rules

Earlier this week, Dan Graziano of ESPN.com reported that the NFL and NFLPA have agreed to adjust the rules regarding marijuana, pending an agreement regarding HGH testing.

Per a source with direct knowledge of the negotiations, the report is inaccurate.

The source explained that increased marijuana concentrations and/or decreased marijuana discipline have never been formally proposed by either side. The possibility was mentioned only once during the discussions, and it is not part of the tentative agreement that hinges on the league and the union finalizing HGH testing.

“It’s not in there,” the source said regarding the information relating to changes to the marijuana rules.

That said, the current proposal does include the ability of the medical experts who run the substance-abuse program to adjust the time period that a player spends in the program. Rather than relying on a specific duration (such as two years or, for a player in Stage 3, the rest of his career), the player could be removed from the program if/when a clinical determination is made that the oversight no longer is needed.

In theory, the current proposal could be modified to include, for example, an increase in the concentration for marijuana or a decrease in the penalties. For now, though, the tentative deal does not include either of those things.

It’s possible that the NFLPA was simply floating the potential adjustment to the marijuana rules as a trial balloon to the media. The better approach could be to simply make the proposal to the league.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...arijuana-rules/

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Let me give you an example. A few people know this. I made them promise to secrecy because I didn't want any freaking sympathy from those who dislike me.

I take it back then.

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Peace!

You've got my prayers. Your whole family does. I hope it's not the same surgery my Dad had because that one was a real bear. They wound up doing it to him three times and he made it through them all.

I know it sounds selfish but I don't know what I'd do without you and a few others going to war during the off season. This is the only place I've found where football is still football, and not some kind of media popularity contest.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
D
Legend
Legend
D
Sending best wishes and prayers for a speedy and full recovery, Vers. Hang in there.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

I know. Doesn't mean I have to like it though.

I have known about it for quite some time and it was confirmed on Feb. 19th. They wanted to schedule surgery immediately. I postponed it until May 19th--20th. Why? Because I wanted to keep teaching my kids until our end of grade tests were over and then spend one week w/them to celebrate how much we have learned. My family was furious w/me. The risk has increased w/the passage of time.

You know why I put it off, arch? Because it was the right freaking thing to do. I put others before myself.

Does that make sense to you? Do you see the connection to what I am talking about w/Haslam/Gordon/Bess?

And I still don't want your sympathy. I will just say that if you don't ever read me again, well................surgery didn't go so well.

On a positive note, I am confident that things will go well and I will be back soon to irritate, anger, and annoy all of my brothers and sisters that populate this board.

Peace!

Wishing you the best, first and foremost.

Now, you are known for having a certain "agree with me, you're fine, disagree with me, you're stupid" posting style. That's okay. Some would say I do that as well. Not knowing what you are going through - dealing with - I don't think you can hold anything against me, or others. JMO.

You may not want my sympathy, or anyone's, and that is fine also. Doesn't mean I won't offer it up though.

You have to do what you think is right, and you are doing it. If MY life were in danger due to a medical issue, I might put myself first. That doesn't mean I would be right or wrong - please keep that in mind.

Regardless, I wish you the best - and the surgeons the best.

Legend
Legend
@Vers

Good luck.

Hope you're back annoying everyone very soon.

This isn't sympathy, just wishing you well.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vers I wish you well and all the best. You will be in my prayers. My wife has gone through breast cancer (thank God she is doing o.k. now) so I know what you and your family are going through. Again all the best to you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

No one. I wouldn't root for another team.

It just bothers me that we seem to have very little character. I love football and will always watch football. I'll watch high school games. I have been watching more and more college games. I can watch pro games and enjoy the talent.

I don't know............I'm just turned off by what is transpiring w/the Browns. Here is an example..................why didn't Haslam back Bess? LOL man...........I would say his problems are more severe than Gordon's, yet Haslam and the Browns threw him to the curb, yet he is backing Gordon---even though he has messed up more times than Bess. It's not about being a forgiving, good guy...................it's about "we don't care what you do as long as you help us win games."

Lack of character on part of our organization. I would be better if they shunned both or helped both, rather than pick and choose and then pretend you are doing it for the right reasons.

I think the reasons that Haslam is supporting Gordon and not Bess is....

First and foremost: Worth. Gordon is (or was?) either the best receiver or second best receiver in the NFL. He's a great player to have.

Secondly.... Bess seems like he is much more out there than Gordon, mentally speaking. I don't even know if Bess will ever play NFL football again because of this.

Thirdly: Psychologically speaking, Haslam might also be supporting Gordon because Haslam himself wants support for his looming court case. He wants people to stick behind him; stick up for him too...

- IMHO -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

Good luck man, maybe they'll give you some medicinal marijuanna to aid your recovery!

And if they don't I'm sure you could always track down Josh Gordon for some of his stash!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While, if the allegations are true, I think JG is an idiot because he has just cost himself at least $10M - $20M over the life of his career. At the same time I believe all clubs have a (and I hate to use this phrase) to "a duty of care" and a moral responsibility to look after the welfare of all players.

These are young kids (I am closer to 50 than 40, so to me they are young), that from High School, have been thrown into the national spotlight.

I am not saying they should be paid the big bucks, but rather NFL players shouldn't just be cast aside. I am all for players like JG, and Bess (especially, since I doubt he will ever play in the NFL again), getting professional help from the NFL during and after their careers. Colleges and the NFL have made enough money from them to give them that.

Its actually why I love the injury clause in Joe Hadens new contract.

And there ends my preaching :P

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

On a positive note, I am confident that things will go well and I will be back soon to irritate, anger, and annoy all of my brothers and sisters that populate this board

Ive never looked more forward to being annoyed good luck.

Joe Thomas #73
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

While, if the allegations are true, I think JG is an idiot because he has just cost himself at least $10M - $20M over the life of his career. At the same time I believe all clubs have a (and I hate to use this phrase) to "a duty of care" and a moral responsibility to look after the welfare of all players.

These are young kids (I am closer to 50 than 40, so to me they are young), that from High School, have been thrown into the national spotlight.

I am not saying they should be paid the big bucks, but rather NFL players shouldn't just be cast aside. I am all for players like JG, and Bess (especially, since I doubt he will ever play in the NFL again), getting professional help from the NFL during and after their careers. Colleges and the NFL have made enough money from them to give them that.

Its actually why I love the injury clause in Joe Hadens new contract.

And there ends my preaching :P

yea. maybe if teams only paid them 30,000 a year and kept the rest of there money until they were out of the nfl that would help? how far you want to go? that would cut down on the being broke while still playing. would cut down on the partying until they are older.

where is the stop at "helping" the kids?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry I think you missed my point. I said they shouldn't be paid, but rather the support programs need to be better. College and the NFL makes huge money from these players. But at 19/21 could you of handled being front page news? Some players can.. some cant. Yet College and the NFL is making money from them (remember 10 yrs in the NFL.. forget College.. is a long time). All I was saying is they deserve support.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Sorry for ruining this thread. I'm tired. Not feeling well. Stressed. I was drinking a bit. I guess I felt sorry for myself. I apologize for ruining the thread.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Purp----I might be able to eat there Sunday night before Pre-op, but after the surgery on Tuesday, all I'll be eating for weeks is jello. I don't even like jello. LOL

Pit, I won't call you, bro. I don't want anyone seeing me in that condition. I do wanna hook up w/you, though. Once I recover, I will still need to go back for check-ups. We'll hook up then.

tab----------you nailed it.

mac-------------Thanks man. I mean that from the heart. You and I have always argued. Always. It means a lot to me that you said what you did.

Now, let's forget about me...............and go back to Gordon. Again, I apologize for killing the thread.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Pit, I won't call you, bro. I don't want anyone seeing me in that condition. I do wanna hook up w/you, though. Once I recover, I will still need to go back for check-ups. We'll hook up then.

Sounds like a plan.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Rookie
Rookie
D
Ok I am going to bring this thread back on track. Some of you guys act like The Real Housewives of Browns County.

I want to give my take on the Josh Gordon situation. I have a gut feeling we will see Gordon on the field at some point season. I think the league knows how important he is for them as a whole. Then you combine the hype of Manziel throwing to Gordon, the league wants/needs this. Its called ratings.

I think we are headed for a huge lawsuit down the road in the NFL. Whats going to happen when a player is issued a medical marijuana card for whatever reason, then he fails a drug test. He legally smoked weed (a prescribed medicine) and now faces repercussions from the league. Trust me its going to happen.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Some of you guys act like The Real Housewives of Browns County.

I just wanted to chime in and say...

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Whats going to happen when a player is issued a medical marijuana card for whatever reason, then he fails a drug test.

The same thing that happens to a player who takes a legally prescribed but banned medication now: unless he has prior approval from the league, he'll face consequences.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Some of you guys act like The Real Housewives of Browns County.

I just wanted to chime in and say...

can't believe I didn't think of that first.. too funny

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E
If he has an ailment truly requiring a medical marijuana card...HE SHOULDN'T be playing football if he is in that kind of pain or treating Cancer or HIV drugs or whatever it is that gets marijuana medical card of REAL CONCERN not that fake BS going on in California.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Quote:

cataracts?

Pain Killer?

Blood thinner?

An afternoon .listening to the Grateful Dead?

My personal favorite "illness" treatable with pot ..... writer's cramp. It can also be "prescribed" for constipation ...... diarrhea ...... gas ...... herpes (yeah right) .......anxiety (mellow out dude) ....... stuttering ...(sure) ..... obesity (uh huh, pass the munchies dude) ...... nightmares ..... impotence ..... hypertension ...... and the list goes on. Basically, from what I can find ...... if you have it .... you can .... somehow ..... use pot to "treat" it.

I can see approving it for use in chemo patients, or other patients where they can suffer stomach upset, and pot is supposed to make it harder fr people to puke. If someone has a terminal illness, then I'm OK with giving them whatever they want to make their condition more manageable. However, a guy who goes to his doctor and says "Dude, I have writer's cramp. Can tyou write me a script for some pot?" ..... that I find ridiculous. It is an insult to even the pretense of medical use.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm glad the pharmaceutical companies have so much better options for anxiety, stress, pain and such ailments as the demon known as marijuana.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
When I got my medical marijuana prescription the doctor asked me "Do you have any symptoms that you feel like marijuana alleviates?'" I told him, "I get bummed when I run out of weed. Marijuana cures that."

#gmstrong
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon Faces Year-Long Suspension Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard