Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oh look a new post in the Josh Gordon thread maybe there is news about his suspension appeal...

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Legend
Legend
Wow ... I had no idea there was such a science to rhyming orange ......

Storange? Forange? Really? lol

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Quote:

Quote:

Good to hear. But...

What is an OVI? I am not familiar with that abbreviation.
Are we sure that this is his 1st OVI?

OVI - operating a vehicle impaired. In many states, that's become the new "norm" for a charge, instead of DUI.....driving under the influence.

The mystery is solve - ed. :-)

When I grew up it was "DWI," "Driving While Intoxicated."

That's before drug-impaired driving began replacing alcohol to kill people behind the wheel.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry, I was answering if there was another word for a simile. Not sure if my word was right or not anyway, so no big deal.

You're cool, dude. I shouldn't type after 500 ml of White Zinfandel.

But I like your reply: simile / similitude. Might be more visual than conceptual in connotation, but in denotation you may be correct.

Then I read this post and think, White zinfindel? What a P.A.G.A.N. (person against goodness and normalcy)

Now, now, now. It's actually a fairly tasty choice with a nice local flavor.

Can't compete with the NE Ohio wineries out in Ashtabula & Lake Counties, of course, but you take what you get in exile in Illinois.

Anyway, I'm way too old for boilermakers. Beer still tastes good, though.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
So I read this post and think, that 1JohnnyG seems pretty cool

Eventually you'll read some of my posts to convince you otherwise.

I'm just a crabby old geezer who tries to have some fun and is glad to hang out online with a stalwart band of lads (& lasses?) who actually hope the Browns will win another NFL Championship in my lifetime.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
It has been 9 days now.. The longer this ruling drags out.. the more I think the ruling will be in Gordon's favor.

jmho

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There was a bunch of talk on Twitter because he wasn't practicing today and Haslem was talking to Gordon for a long time. Picture showed Haslem in stern face.

IDK, hope it gets sorted out soon.

O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
Quote:

There was a bunch of talk on Twitter because he wasn't practicing today and Haslem was talking to Gordon for a long time. Picture showed Haslem in stern face.

Don't think I would put too much stock into what a still photo shows. A still photo can sometimes make a person laughing look like a raving loon.

Legend
Legend
The only thing that's fishy is that Pettine also had a lengthy discussion during practice

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Don't think I would put too much stock into what a still photo shows. A still photo can sometimes make a person laughing look like a raving loon.

I don't put any stock into it. Just noting the only news about Josh of the day. Besides that it's been crickets thus far.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I don't know, why do I feel like Josh Gordon is being traded to the Texans for Andre Johnson???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

I don't know, why do I feel like Josh Gordon is being traded to the Texans for Andre Johnson???

Dunno. Farmer isn't that dumb.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I don't know you guys ever think they might just be trying to give josh some support or tough love/advice?

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

It has been 9 days now.. The longer this ruling drags out.. the more I think the ruling will be in Gordon's favor.

jmho

Seriously, if he gets banned for a year now, that'll mean he'll miss the most of camp and etc going into 2015. That's not fair. They've had beyond, I mean literally BEYOND, ample time to get this figured out - yet it seems like their sitting with their thumb up their butts.

It's turned from frustrating to aggravating to now it's just pissing me off. Seriously what are they doing and why are they taking eternity to do it? So now if he gets banned for a year, he's basically punished for this season and the start of next which who knows, around here in Clv we may have a new coach and new coordinators in which he won't be able to practice and get familiar with the playbook. In any case, it really is pissing me off.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
If they try to excessively punish him then Josh will just take them to court and use Ohio law to make them revoke it. Josh didn't fail anything by state law.

I think Haslem was just being an owner and talking to his most important people.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

If they try to excessively punish him then Josh will just take them to court and use Ohio law to make them revoke it. Josh didn't fail anything by state law.

Outside of one bloggers opinion and a few on this board, has anyone heard any confirmation that Josh's lawyers might actually do this? It seems like a logical next step to keep Josh on the field for the next year or so before a ruling in an Ohio court can be determined.

As for the length of time and how it might impact Josh's availability for next years training camp, I doubt he'd miss that in almost any situation. Meaning, even if he gets hit with the full year ban, I would expect he and the team start asking for a reinstatement meeting a day after the Super Bowl because of how long it took to decide on the suspension. And anyway, Josh will probably get a 4-8 game suspension anyway.

So I wouldn't worry about any offseason workout or training camp stuff.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

In his contract it was stated that he couldn't do drugs and that he would be subject to drug tests. He did drugs and failed drug tests. It has nothing to do with state law. He works for a private entity that he signed a contract with.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Exactly.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Cleveland Browns helping Josh Gordon set up post-suspension support system and treatment if necessary

BEREA, Ohio --- Browns owner Jimmy Haslam spent the first 10 minutes or so of practice on Wednesday chatting with receiver Josh Gordon, who's awaiting word on his indefinite drug ban by the NFL.

It's been a weekly sight at camp, the two men conversing on the field for a few minutes, even sharing an embrace last week when they met at midfield.

But the support from the Browns' front office hasn't stopped there.

The club, which is bracing for at least eight games without its star wideout, has been actively involved in Gordon's plans after he's suspended, league sources have told cleveland.com. Arbitrator Harold Henderson can hand down his ruling any day now, with a decision expected within the next two weeks.

With Gordon facing possible banishment from the league for at least a year, the Browns have been pro-active in lining up a support system and possible treatment if necessary while he's away. During that time, he'd be prohibited from working out with the team or attending meetings.

If Henderson reduces the suspension, there's a chance Gordon can remain with the club during the ban. Henderson can impose any number of games off for Gordon, or overturn the ban altogether.

The Browns were also instrumental in Gordon checking himself into rehab for two weeks after his DWI in Raleigh, N.C. over July 4th weekend. Since then, they've reached out to several substance abuse professionals, including former Cavs coach John Lucas, about possible post-suspension care for Gordon in the event he needs it.

In order for him to return to the Browns, he'll have to remain clean while he's away, and the Browns are committed to helping him in any way they can. Those close to Gordon don't want him to falter while he's away like Jaguars receiver Justin Blackmon has, a source said.

The difference, one source said, is that Blackmon, who's currently out of the league, has had numerous positive tests while Gordon has tested negative 70 times since he joined the Browns in 2012.

At the start of camp, Haslam made it clear that the Browns will stick by Gordon -- to a point. The DWI, for which Gordon has a hearing Aug. 26, did not sit well with the team while they were standing by him on the suspension.

"First and foremost, we care about our players,'' he said last month. "We want our players to take care of themselves and make good decisions. We're going to do everything we can to support him. At the same time, the players have to understand they're accountable to themselves, to their teammates, to the front office and to our fans. People have to understand that, and I'll leave it at that."

Gordon, who's been sidelined with an abdominal issue this week, has also felt an overwhelming amount of support from his teammates.

"Man, Josh Gordon is an athletic freak, man,'' said second-year wideout Charles Johnson. "He's a one-of-a-kind. From when I first got here until now, you can just see how he's grown. He's a hard worker, you can see each day he comes out and keeps working harder and harder. And I think he's grown as a person. Man, we're a better team with Josh Gordon, I'll tell you that.

"He comes out here and shows all of us love and he supports us even when he's not practicing. We want to look up to him, we want to do right by him and we're going to hope for the best for him."

Receiver Travis Benjamin, one of Gordon's best friends on the team, is already looking forward to Gordon's return, whenever that may be.

"When we go on the field and everybody knows that number 12 is back, it's going to be a great season,'' he said.

Benjamin said Gordon has been an inspiration to the team with the way he's handled things.

"He's got great spirits,'' said Benjamin. "As a teammate, he was down in the huddle today telling people what they needed to do and making sure everybody is on the right path on offense. He's been positive about everything.''

Benjamin said fans probably have the wrong impression of Gordon from all of his transgressions.

"He's a very good guy,'' said Benjamin. "He's very intelligent. He laughs and jokes around. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.''

Benjamin has tried to serve the same role for Gordon that Barkevious Mingo has for Armonty Bryant -- a straight and narrow buddy to keep him out of trouble.

"We play video games all the time and I'll send him texts throughout the day just to see what he's up to,'' said Benjamin. "Sometimes we go hang out at Joe Haden's house or (Gordon's) house.''

Benjamin said that in the three seasons he's been around Gordon, he's never seen him use a banned substance.

"I've never seen him do anything,'' he said.

He said he hopes that fans will someday see the Gordon he knows.

"Hopefully when the decision is made and he comes back and plays, and stays on that straight and narrow, he can stay with the Browns until his career is over,'' said Benjamin. "Hopefully things will turn out well and people will understand him.''

In the meantime, Benjamin doesn't talk to Gordon much about his situation.

"I try to avoid those things because you never want to put that hassle on somebody like that,'' he said. "I just want him to be with the guys, hanging out.''

Hopefully for the Browns, he'll be able to do that again soon enough.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss..._medium=twitter

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

In his contract it was stated that he couldn't do drugs and that he would be subject to drug tests. He did drugs and failed drug tests. It has nothing to do with state law. He works for a private entity that he signed a contract with.

There is a state law (and state laws have been upheld over NFL contract terms in the past) that says that in the event of a failed drug test, where the secondary test is below the test limit, that the 2nd sample is the only sample to be used.

In other words, the NFL policy is in violation of ohio employment laws.

No matter whether someone agrees or disagree with any other aspect of this entire Gordon nightmare, the simple fact is that he has Ohio law on his side, and Ohio law, in a court of law, will trump NFL policy all day long and twice on Wednesday.

I don't think that the NFL wants to push this too far, because they could find a ruling against them that forces them into using every individual state law in conjunction with any punishment of their players, and the union coming back when there are uneven punishments applied. That would be a real nightmare for the NFL.

They need to handle this carefully. I think that we'll have a negotiated settlement, with a 4 game suspension. That's my guess as to what will happen. The NFL will sell it as "fair" because of the "unusual and extenuating circumstances of the case", and will avoid trying state law vs NFL policy in court.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

V
Legend
Legend
V
You really had to revive this stupid ass thread? It's always refreshing reading all the posts how Gordon is the victim.

It's truly unbelievable.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
web page

Getty Images
In the NFL, there are few coincidences, big or otherwise.

And the cynical view in the wake of the leak from the league office to Mark Maske of the Washington Post that the NFL will be beefing up the penalties for future domestic violence cases is that the league hopes to take some of the sting out of the looming decision to suspend Browns receiver Josh Gordon for a full year.

Applied as written, Gordon’s suspension becomes a no-brainer. He tested positive while in Stage III of the program, which compels a full-year suspension, and nothing less.

Fully aware that the media and plenty of fans will point to the discrepancy between Gordon’s full-year ban and the two-game suspension imposed on Ray Rice for assaulting his then-fiancée, the only way to deflect attention regarding the comparison between the two cases would be to send the message that, in future cases like Rice’s, the punishment will be three times greater.

If Josh Gordon will indeed be suspended for a full year, the NFL owes it to the Browns and to Gordon to implement the decision now, so that Gordon can start the 365-day clock ticking on his return. Chances are the league plans to wait a couple more days, until roughly 4:59 p.m. ET.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

You really had to revive this stupid ass thread?

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

You really had to revive this stupid ass thread?

Good find Clem. This scene always reminds me of Mike and Mike when they play the clip after a team comes back in a long series.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

"too many notes, not enough music-"
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Oh look a new post in the Josh Gordon thread maybe there is news about his suspension appeal...

This meme - is that what it's called? Regardless, this is the best!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The little "videos" like that are called ".gifs"

A
All Pro
All Pro
A

Last edited by AkBrownsfan; 08/13/14 10:47 PM.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Thanks.

What the heck is a meme?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks.

What the heck is a meme?

A mimicked technique. That post was also a meme. It was also a reaction image as well.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks.

What the heck is a meme?

A mimicked technique. That post was also a meme. It was also a reaction image as well.

So, what I'm gathering is, there is no consensus on what it was. Other than funny.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
No, it was all of the above.

".gif" refers to the file the image was.

Meme is a mimicked technique that's copied from person to person across cultures. That image has been around for years, so that's a check.

A Reaction image is an image that depicts a reaction. Which it also does.

So, it's all 3. Internet culture, man.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

No, it was all of the above.

".gif" refers to the file the image was.

Meme is a mimicked technique that's copied from person to person across cultures. That image has been around for years, so that's a check.

A Reaction image is an image that depicts a reaction. Which it also does.

So, it's all 3. Internet culture, man.

Thanks.

Simpler to say "that was funny" whatever the heck it's called, no?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Simple, but it's a lot more enjoyable storing up useless information about internet culture.

Legend
Legend
Sorry to bring this thread back up, but i think this is pertinent.

Cleveland Browns helping Josh Gordon set up post-suspension support system and treatment if necessary | cleveland.com
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/cleveland_browns_helping_josh.html#incart_m-rpt-1

BEREA, Ohio --- Browns owner Jimmy Haslam spent the first 10 minutes or so of practice Wednesday chatting with receiver Josh Gordon, who's awaiting word on his indefinite drug ban by the NFL.

It's been a weekly sight at camp, the two men conversing on the field for a few minutes, even sharing an embrace last week when they met at midfield.

But the support from the Browns' front office hasn't stopped there.

The club, which is bracing for at least eight games without its star wideout, has been actively involved in Gordon's plans after he's suspended, league sources have told the Northeast Ohio Media Group. Arbitrator Harold Henderson can hand down his ruling any day, with a decision expected within the next two weeks.

With Gordon facing possible banishment from the league for at least a year, the Browns have been proactive in lining up a support system and possible treatment if necessary while he's away. During that time, he'd be prohibited from working out with the team or attending meetings.

If Henderson reduces the suspension, there's a chance Gordon can remain with the club during the ban. Henderson can impose any number of games off for Gordon, or overturn the ban altogether.

The Browns were also instrumental in Gordon checking himself into rehab for two weeks after his DWI in Raleigh, N.C. over July 4th weekend. Since then, they've reached out to several substance abuse professionals, including former Cavs coach John Lucas, about possible post-suspension care for Gordon in the event he needs it.

In order for him to return to the Browns, he'll have to remain clean while he's away, and the Browns are committed to helping him any way they can. Those close to Gordon don't want him to falter while he's away like Jaguars receiver Justin Blackmon has, a source said.

The difference, one source said, is Blackmon, who's currently out of the league, has had numerous positive tests while Gordon has tested negative 70 times since he joined the Browns in 2012.

At the start of camp, Haslam made it clear the Browns will stick by Gordon -- to a point. The DWI, for which Gordon has a hearing Aug. 26, did not sit well with the team while it was standing by him on the suspension.

"First and foremost, we care about our players,'' he said last month. "We want our players to take care of themselves and make good decisions. We're going to do everything we can to support him. At the same time, the players have to understand they're accountable to themselves, to their teammates, to the front office and to our fans. People have to understand that, and I'll leave it at that."

Gordon, who's been sidelined with an abdominal issue this week, has also felt an overwhelming amount of support from his teammates.

"Man, Josh Gordon is an athletic freak, man,'' said second-year wideout Charles Johnson. "He's a one-of-a-kind. From when I first got here until now, you can just see how he's grown. He's a hard worker, you can see each day he comes out and keeps working harder and harder. And I think he's grown as a person. Man, we're a better team with Josh Gordon, I'll tell you that.

"He comes out here and shows all of us love and he supports us even when he's not practicing. We want to look up to him, we want to do right by him and we're going to hope for the best for him."

Receiver Travis Benjamin, one of Gordon's best friends on the team, is already looking forward to Gordon's return, whenever that may be.

"When we go on the field and everybody knows that number 12 is back, it's going to be a great season,'' he said.

Benjamin said Gordon has been an inspiration to the team with the way he's handled things.

"He's got great spirits,'' said Benjamin. "As a teammate, he was down in the huddle today telling people what they needed to do and making sure everybody is on the right path on offense. He's been positive about everything.''

Benjamin said fans probably have the wrong impression of Gordon from all of his transgressions.

"He's a very good guy,'' said Benjamin. "He's very intelligent. He laughs and jokes around. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.''

Benjamin has tried to serve the same role for Gordon that Barkevious Mingo has for Armonty Bryant -- a straight and narrow buddy to keep him out of trouble.

"We play video games all the time and I'll send him texts throughout the day just to see what he's up to,'' said Benjamin. "Sometimes we go hang out at Joe Haden's house or (Gordon's) house.''

Benjamin said that in the three seasons he's been around Gordon, he's never seen him use a banned substance.

"I've never seen him do anything,'' he said.

He said he hopes that fans will someday see the Gordon he knows.

"Hopefully when the decision is made and he comes back and plays, and stays on that straight and narrow, he can stay with the Browns until his career is over,'' said Benjamin. "Hopefully things will turn out well and people will understand him.''

In the meantime, Benjamin doesn't talk to Gordon much about his situation.

"I try to avoid those things because you never want to put that hassle on somebody like that,'' he said. "I just want him to be with the guys, hanging out.''

Hopefully for the Browns, he'll be able to do that again soon enough.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Good to hear. But...

OVI - operating a vehicle impaired. In many states, that's become the new "norm" for a charge, instead of DUI.....driving under the influence.

If he can weasel his way out of a drug test then a DUI/OVI is no problem. He'll pay some money, do some "community service" and get it down to reckless driving. That's what most people with his privilege do.

I could have sworn that it was already stated that the charges were going to be changed and that he wasn't charged with a DUI/DWI/OVI.

Checking now.... he has a court date set for August 26th.

Case #1
Offense Code - Description - Statute
5405 - Traffic DRIVING WHILE IMPAIRED - 20-138.1
9955 - Traffic CIVIL REVOCATION DR LIC (30) - 20-16.5

Case #2
4450 - Infraction SPEEDING - 20-141(B)

I expect that the DWI will get plead down and he will pay fines on the others. This isn't a "famous athlete" thing, either... it's a common "I'm paying my lawyer a ton of money" thing. I know people that have gotten out of a half dozen DUI's that way... simply because their lawyer is buddies with the right judge(s). I would expect that his lawyer(s) will find a way to be friends with lots of the correct people down there.

It looks like his license is suspended now (automatic 30 day suspension), however, so hopefully he's being smarter about that. That said, a 30-day suspension in North Carolina holds no weight in Ohio if his license is an Ohio license. It just means he can't drive in North Carolina. At worst, he will lose his license for 6 months, but he'll have full driving privileges for work... the courts are easy that way.

You guys seem to think he's going to beat the DWI charge pretty easy, but having some experience with the issue in the county he got hooked up in, and knowledge about the PD that arrested him, it's not likely. There is no lesser charge to plead down to. He either pleads guilty, or takes it to court where he ends up with a "guilty" or "not guilty". The local PD is huge on DWI's.. they have a specific DWI enforcement unit. They just released the stats around July... last year there were over 900 DWI arrests by that time.. this year somewhere over 1600 I think. On top of that, there is an election coming up for a new D.A., so I really doubt that his lawyers will find anyone to get buddy buddy with.

Now the GOOD news for Gordon is that for as gung ho Wake County is on getting DWI arrests, they actually aren't that tough on sentencing. Even if he took it to trial and was found guilty, he's not looking at any jail time. There's nothing grossly aggravating (he didn't kill anyone, no wreck, didn't blow over .15 BAC.. and the only aggravating factor is 15 mph over (which is nothing).. he'll get a fine.. 24 hrs of community service and possibly unsupervised probation for 12 months.

In all likelihood either a) if he's looking at a reduces suspension, he pleads to this charge and gets rid of it, the punishment already rolled in to the suspension.. or b) his lawyers stretch it out (which isn't hard) and they take care of it quietly later in the season and it just becomes a 5 line article on ESPN.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Good to hear. But...

If he can weasel his way out of a drug test then a DUI/OVI is no problem. He'll pay some money, do some "community service" and get it down to reckless driving. That's what most people with his privilege do.

I could have sworn that it was already stated that the charges were going to be changed and that he wasn't charged with a DUI/DWI/OVI.

Checking now.... he has a court date set for August 26th.

Case #1
5405 - Traffic DRIVING WHILE IMPAIRED - 20-138.1
9955 - Traffic CIVIL REVOCATION DR LIC (30) - 20-16.5

Case #2
4450 - Infraction SPEEDING - 20-141(B)

I expect that the DWI will get plead down and he will pay fines on the others. This isn't a "famous athlete" thing, either... it's a common "I'm paying my lawyer a ton of money" thing. I know people that have gotten out of a half dozen DUI's that way... simply because their lawyer is buddies with the right judge(s). I would expect that his lawyer(s) will find a way to be friends with lots of the correct people down there.

It looks like his license is suspended now (automatic 30 day suspension), however, so hopefully he's being smarter about that. That said, a 30-day suspension in North Carolina holds no weight in Ohio if his license is an Ohio license. It just means he can't drive in North Carolina. At worst, he will lose his license for 6 months, but he'll have full driving privileges for work... the courts are easy that way.

On top of that, there is an election coming up for a new D.A., so I really doubt that his lawyers will find anyone to get buddy buddy with.

Elections are great times to find friends. Everyone needs some funds.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
I'm so frickin tired of not knowing!!!

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Outside of one bloggers opinion and a few on this board, has anyone heard any confirmation that Josh's lawyers might actually do this? It seems like a logical next step to keep Josh on the field for the next year or so before a ruling in an Ohio court can be determined.

Josh's lawyers would be stupid to tip their hand on what they may or may not do next before Goodell makes his decision.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Josh's lawyers would be stupid to tip their hand on what they may or may not do next before Goodell makes his decision.

I don't think it would hurt his case if they said that they intend to pursue the case in court, and would look for a restraining injunction against the NFL in the meantime. (if he is suspended)

I am sure that Ohio employment law was the bulk of their case, and how the 2 samples are considered under Ohio state employment law, as opposed to the opposite way NFL policy. I am sure that they made the point that they would go to court, even if they might not have specifically said it.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum More Josh Gordon, I guess

Link Copied to Clipboard