Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
you think farmer wasnt text and expressing concerns in the film room with the coaching staff because skrine was starting over gilbert? you think maybe skrine heard about it?

rofl rofl Where on earth do you come up with this stuff?

what concerns do you think he was expressing in the film room with the coaching staff? the flavor of the gatorade? rofl

there is that common sense thing again. rofl

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
C
Legend
Legend
C
On Buster Skrine:

Quote:
Next CB who could surprise with his payday is Buster Skrine. Have already been told by teams they bowed out b/c price got too rich.

Link

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
On Buster Skrine:

Quote:
Next CB who could surprise with his payday is Buster Skrine. Have already been told by teams they bowed out b/c price got too rich.

Link

Our best hope at retaining Skrine at a reasonable price is if the market dries up quick. We need Culliver, Cromartie, House, and others to sign before Skrine.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: mac
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U
Sounds like Skrine wants out of this mess and who could blame him? He's gone so an already weak team is getting weaker.

What makes it 'sound like' he wants out?

...jc...

With reports that resigning Skrine is a high priority for the Browns front office and with a bunch of cap dollars to spend...if our front office can't resign Skrine, one of our own, we got problems.

Ray Farmer is under the microscope..

In a way i agree, but just because we have the most money doesn't mean we need to be stupid about it.

In the end, signing Fa players, be it your own or others is about need more than anything else. It could be there are a team or two with bigger needs at corner than us. If so, they are going to use Skrine as their marquee signing.

Might be a lot like Bodden when he left. Maybe the teams doesn't view Skrine as highly as the fans. Bodden left here to upset fans but pretty much flopped his way out of the picture. Is he still playing anywhere?

That said, I like Buster and hope we find a way to get him signed for the next 4 years.

In the end, I think Buster knows he has a fairly limited shelf life in the NFL. He is viewing this as his big money contract. He is going to go where the money takes him. I doubt he has another big contract in his future.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 03/08/15 05:35 PM.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
In a way i agree, but just because we have the most money doesn't mean we need to be stupid about it.

Especially when you can roll extra cap room over to the next year.

Might be a lot like Bodden when he left. Maybe the teams doesn't view Skrine as highly as the fans. Bodden left here to upset fans but pretty much flopped his way out of the picture. Is he still playing anywhere?

This will make people feel old. Bodden is 33 and last played an NFL game in 2011.

B
Legend
Legend
B

Especially when you can roll extra cap room over to the next year.

This will make people feel old. Bodden is 33 and last played an NFL game in 2011.

Liker I said, people were upset we didn't retain Bodden.

I like Buster, but he is a pretty average CB. He deserves a nice payday. I am just not sure how good or if we are the team who needs to provide it..

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
you think farmer wasnt text and expressing concerns in the film room with the coaching staff because skrine was starting over gilbert? you think maybe skrine heard about it?

rofl rofl Where on earth do you come up with this stuff?

what concerns do you think he was expressing in the film room with the coaching staff? the flavor of the gatorade? rofl

there is that common sense thing again. rofl

I worry about you sometimes... saywhat

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
Lot of interest in TE Jordan Cameron. #Browns, #Raiders, #Broncos, #Seahawks in play. #Jags an option too if they don't sign Julius Thomas.

Link

Last edited by cfrs15; 03/08/15 06:37 PM. Reason: So you're telling me there's a chance
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

You know...........there were quite a few really good posts on this thread since last I checked, but then you and a couple of others had to resort to the insult strategy again. I get that you love this FO and they can do no wrong at all and the last FO could do no right and the one before that could do no wrong and the one before that could do no right.............but.......

.............when there is actually a good conversation going on, could you give it a rest? Just for a little bit? Please?

Anyway........Pit made some great points. A couple of guys debated him w/reason and logic. I don't know who is right or wrong. Most likely there is truth in both arguments. But I really liked the discussion. It got me to thinking and that is always a good thing.

I really don't know the answer to the debate, but I really like the points you guys brought up. Thanks for the interruption of the Farmer is either a god or a devil nonsense.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I wonder if we are thinking about signing Julius Thomas? Or, is he too good?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I've read a few rumors/reports that we have shown interest. Now how much further than just interest, I do not know

*edited*

actually most things I've read just mostly stated that we might be targeting him. Sorry, swear I read something about we have been showing interest.

Last edited by ScottPlayersFacemask; 03/08/15 07:38 PM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Don't be sorry. Thanks for the info.

I think that would be a great signing. The guy is a complete stud. A difference maker.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 03/08/15 07:42 PM.
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

depends on if farmer is going to target a TE in the draft. i dont think he will bring in any one he THINKS will beat his draft pick as a starter.

doesnt mean who he brings in wont. just that he THINKS will not.

C
Legend
Legend
C

I'd be worried about Thomas' success without Manning. Peyton has made a few tight ends some money.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
I often despise the PFF rankings. Not sure of how they grade, but they are often way off.

8 teams wanting Skrine this early. Yet, the Browns might not want to sign him and rely on a bunch of "ifs."

Only the Browns. thumbsdown

It makes sense though. We just invested in a first round cornerback. That means we have a significant amount of money in a cb who would be playing 3rd string cb. As much as it'd be amazing to keep Skrine, it's hard to justify paying him with Gilbert on the payroll.

So, the thinking is to get rid of the productive player and roll w/the guy who sucked last year.

Yep, following up one mistake w/another is always a great idea.

Quote:
The Browns have made Skrine their top priority to re-sign, but those plans might be foiled. Skrine, the starter opposite Pro Bowler Joe Haden for the past two seasons, has made it known he wants to test the open market, and he'll likely receive some lucrative offers

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

I see all of this as signs that Skrine doesn't want to be here. And the reasoning as to why is simple. Farmer drafted Gilbert. That sends a direct sign to Skrine IMO.

This organization has plans to replace you. They invested a major draft pick in order to do so. With making such a move, they tipped their hand in showing you that you aren't a piece of the puzzle in their long term plans.

So what would a logical response be to this? Find a team willing to produce a long term contract with the money to show you are a part of the long term plans. With the guaranteed money that goes along with it.

This puts the Browns between a rock and a hard place. You did in fact attempt to upgrade from Skrine by drafting Gilbert. Your ultimate goal in doing so was to upgrade from Skrine. So now you're forced to go against those plans and vastly overpaying for Skrines services or go ahead with your plan.

I can see a serviceable veteran signed as a stopgap measure until Gilbert develops but not in them making the long term, guaranteed type contract that Skrine will command.

I'm not saying I like that outcome, but when looking at it from both sides I can see this as the most likely outcome.

But doesn't a lot of this depend upon how Skrine views where he should be? Outside or nickel? I think the general consensus has been that Buster would be best as a nickel. So it makes sense to draft a CB to play outside so that he can move inside where presumably he'd have a bigger impact. To me there's a difference between that and replacing him on the roster over all.

But the problem is the big $$ goes to the guys who play outside. I don't blame him for wanting to get paid.

I hope we re-sign him, but if he goes somewhere else I have to say its been fun watching him develop. It seemed like yesterday people were burning him in effigy on the boards. Now we're talking about a kid who's earned a sizable pay day.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

You know...........there were quite a few really good posts on this thread since last I checked, but then you and a couple of others had to resort to the insult strategy again. I get that you love this FO and they can do no wrong at all and the last FO could do no right and the one before that could do no wrong and the one before that could do no right.............but.......

.............when there is actually a good conversation going on, could you give it a rest? Just for a little bit? Please?

Anyway........Pit made some great points. A couple of guys debated him w/reason and logic. I don't know who is right or wrong. Most likely there is truth in both arguments. But I really liked the discussion. It got me to thinking and that is always a good thing.

I really don't know the answer to the debate, but I really like the points you guys brought up. Thanks for the interruption of the Farmer is either a god or a devil nonsense.

Since you asked very respectfully, I acceded to your request. But this is a new day and a reply is appropriate. My response was not insulting, rather it was a mildly-toned, hopefully humorous response to an incredulous post. But I also have a request, namely that you stop making unwarranted references to what you have tagged as "Regime Wars". It has worn thin...

Last edited by bbrowns32; 03/09/15 06:47 AM.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic

Good luck, Brian! Texans run game should keep weight off Hoyer's shoulders.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Bu-bye thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
So we might be "budgeting" our tags, so to speak, at this point. Suh kinda sets the stage for this getting crazier before it gets better.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
It will be interesting to see how Hoyer does if he ends up in a competition with Mallett IN ADDITION to trying to prove to a lot of people that he deserves to be a starter. I felt like he crumbled under the mental pressures that went with things here.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
D
Legend
Legend
D
So with the Texans reportedly signing both Hoyer and Mallet, you'd expect that Ryan Fitzpatrick would be released or traded. Here's Fitz's average stat line for the last 5 years:

266/435 (61% Comp Pct), 3034 yds (6.97 YPA), 20 TD 15 INT, 83.4 Passer Rating

That's better than Hoyer or McCown by plenty. He's 32 and has missed 12 games in the last 5 years, so no major injuries. Maybe WGGTG

Last edited by Dave; 03/09/15 11:49 AM.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It wouldn't hurt to take a look at him. Heck, it couldn't be any worse than what we've had. If I were our FO I would look at all my options.

Legend
Legend
I'm not sure if Hoyer crumbled as much as the entire Offense. I mean, when he was performing well, we have a pretty decent running game.

once we stopped being able to run the ball, everything went to hell in a hand basket. including Hoyer. the only thing that kept us in games was our D!

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I nmissed it when did they sign mallett?

Never mind just cam accross my phone.. I think my smart phone is suspect.. or the owner is notallthere

Last edited by texaslostdawg; 03/09/15 12:05 PM.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
I'm not sure if Hoyer crumbled as much as the entire Offense. I mean, when he was performing well, we have a pretty decent running game.

once we stopped being able to run the ball, everything went to hell in a hand basket. including Hoyer. the only thing that kept us in games was our D!

i know he had 2 bad games before gordon came back. one where we started grecko as center. "those people that were saying grecko could slide over and have very little drop off were insane" and the game were jj watt was back there more than our RBs.

P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 10m10 minutes ago
#browns have re-signed Exclusive Rights FA OL Ryan Seymour.

were set now!!!!!!!!!

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Lane Adkins response to the Tony Grossi's article about the compensatory pick model being used by Cleveland....

Quote:
(Garbage), they’re having all sorts of issue getting players to buy in and take deals

https://twitter.com/LaneAdkins

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Depth signing nothing more..

What is over / under on the

"supbowl here we come" post

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
notallthere

#brownsgoodkarma
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I'd be worried about Thomas' success without Manning. Peyton has made a few tight ends some money.

Actually Manning struggled without Thomas.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Wow some good talent is walking and we aren't apparently targeting any. What great strategy. Must be relying on that stellar draft history. I just can't wait for the season to start. prediction..."PAIN!"

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
we aren't apparently targeting any.

This is simply not true. What could be true is none of them want to come here.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Wow some good talent is walking and we aren't apparently targeting any. What great strategy. Must be relying on that stellar draft history. I just can't wait for the season to start. prediction..."PAIN!"

Quote:
Going to say this again, the Browns have talked to MANY and want their discussions to remain quiet, by request

https://twitter.com/LaneAdkins

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I agree! Again, who could blame them!

D
Legend
Legend
D

were set now!!!!!!!!!

With this and resigning rb Drauhn, we're going right to the top now! rofl

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

were set now!!!!!!!!!

With this and resigning rb Drauhn, we're going right to the top now! rofl

Awwwwww Yeah!!! Farmer is ON FIRE!!

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I agree! Again, who could blame them!

I'm certainly not sticking up for this FO in any way. But having been on this board for many years, I have heard this same sentiment over and over again going into the FA signing period every year.

Yet somehow, we always manage to land a couple of very good FA's. Since the FA signing period doesn't even begin until tomorrow, you'll have to excuse me for not being such a negative Nancy on who we can and can't sign until we actually see some evidence based on experience with such matters.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C

Actually Manning struggled without Thomas.

Manning was also injured during that time.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum browns 2015 free agents

Link Copied to Clipboard