Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
C
Legend
Legend
C
It's not jail. He can leave if he didn't want to be there.

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Why would Johnny be planning to sit out 2015? One of the big reasons he probably went to rehab was to get his head straight so he doesn't destroy his NFL career. Doesn't make any sense -- I don't believe the rumor.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I would like to say that while I would not be surprised if JM misses the season or at least part of the season, I also think that too many people are drawing conclusions w/out any real proof being evident.

The guy is in rehab. There is no factual evidence that says he will miss the season. There is only rumors and speculation.

I think that too many are being overtly harsh on Manziel.

You are allowing your personal feelings to affect your decision making. Josh Gordon got a lot more slack from most of you than you are giving JM, and Gordon was actually proven to be guilty MULTIPLE times.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Brady Quinn was doing Subway and JFF was doing Snickers.
Don't forget the McDonalds commercial with newly drafted Charlie Fry and Braylon Edwards. "I'll have mine with Fry's."

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
[quote=Clemdawg]
Quote:

As Freud once said: "Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar-"

wink

Are you sure that wasn't Monica Lewinsky that said that?

rofl

"He's here all week, folks... try the veal."

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Being screwed out of a 1st rd pick is our own fault. How a franchise can repeatedly miss on 1st rounders is beyond me. This is one of the things that has to change for us to improve. that and continuity.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:
You are allowing your personal feelings to affect your decision making. Josh Gordon got a lot more slack from most of you than you are giving JM, and Gordon was actually proven to be guilty MULTIPLE times.

I backed Gordon but this last suspension and the way he performed last season, see ya Gordon. Don't care anymore.

Gordon performed at a high level 2 seasons ago. From a business standpoint,he brought something to the table for the money he received.

Manziel has not EARNED a dime of his contract yet or respect from anybody in the NFL. It doesn't make sense to throw good money after bad and Johnny appears to me to be bad money.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I understand, but it is a rumor and has not been proven to be a fact, yet.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Before this "RUMOR" by Rizzo didn't Rizzo just announce another "RUMOR" the day before stating Manziel had pulled himself out of Rehab?

1. It doesn't make any sense - if it doesn't make sense its not true - Judge Judy.

2. Well its obvious cause we did sign McCown and Lewis lol

3. I think this is a guy who in the past week got more notoriety from the national media then in his entire career. Look for more Garbage.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I understand also. Like you not having faith in the FO to know QB's, I have zero faith in Johnny becoming an NFL QB. I don't see a return on this 1st round investment and to here the rumor he may sit out was it for me.

If I was Farmer, I would thank Johnny for making my decision easy. wink

V
Legend
Legend
V
Don't misunderstand. I appreciate that you don't have faith in Manziel.

All I am saying is that we should not view the initial report as fact.

Legend
Legend
'Report that Johnny Manziel is out of rehab is incorrect, Browns say'

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/03/report_by_espn_reporter_that_j.html

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: eotab
Before this "RUMOR" by Rizzo didn't Rizzo just announce another "RUMOR" the day before stating Manziel had pulled himself out of Rehab?

jmho

Rizzo got duped. He fell for this sarcastic tweet from an SI guy and didn't realize the joke. Basically, read the first line and put Grossi on a fact finding mission. It was like falling for an Onion article

C
Legend
Legend
C
Shocker.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
but its on the internet, its gotta be true!! lol

D
Rookie
Rookie
D
just my 2 cents.

It is very possible Johnny was on a "weekend pass", that's part of treatment. It is also very likely that is was Johnny being referenced in the Chipoltbae Gate saga. Who is to say Colleen didn't take the pic and it upset Johnny. She deleted it, heck maybe even better he dumped her like the bad habit she is. Maybe at the bottom of her burrito bowl the words "Bye Felicia" were written on the tin pan. We just don't know. I would be curious to know if Colleen visited Johnny while in rehab. I have a feeling she is a thing of the past.

I also don't understand this sitting out a year story. That to me makes no sense. The Browns have basically set up the QB depth chart for him to succeed. BUT HE HAS TO WANT IT AND WORK FOR IT.

Last edited by Dawg-Inside; 03/15/15 10:24 AM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Cjrae
Yeah, guess we were the ones riding the pink swan, rolling the bill and being late for meetings. Yeah, we all need to be in rehab. :-) Let's make more excues for why the Browns always fail. Now all the fans need to be in Rehab. :-)

I don't know if you are joking or not.

Isn't going to rehab Manziel admitting he was in the wrong?

I think the only thing that Manziel is truly admitting is that he has a problem and he's addressing it

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
R
Legend
Legend
R
Did I miss something? Rizzo is claiming his sources told him they don't expect Manziel to plat next year.

Did he also say something about whether or not Manziel was still in rehab?

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Rizzo doesn't really have any sources. He's not in the loop anymore. It's more of a he and Goldhammer schtick to say "here's what my sources are telling me." You know, making it seem like they have inside info.

Anyway, the tweet above was sent into him and he read the first line and saw it was from an SI guy and immediately went into (paraphrasing) "Hey Tony, I'm hearing reports that Manziel is out of rehab, do you know anything about that? Check into it for us Grossi and get back to us, but it appears Jonny may be out of rehab from what I'm seeing."

As far as Manziel not being ready for the season, Rizzo is just throwing that out there to stir up the callers and bring some entertainment/drama to the show.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
The ja was out doing commercials when he hadn't even thrown a pass in the league.

I assume you've never thrown one either.. but if Life cereal offered you a lot of money to put on a Browns jersey and do a commercial, would you do it? I would.

Quote:
He is now finding out that he can't take the pressure and as a fan it's not my problem to worry about is off the field issues. I don't feel sorry for him one bit.

I do. Just like I would feel sorry for you if you had an addiction problem or a break down, or whatever you want to call it... and I don't know you from Adam. I'm a human being and these guys are more than football players, they are also human beings.

It's kind of funny, we talk about these guys the way you talk about Manziel, like a commodity or an asset or a piece of property... then when one of them is actually good, we expect some level of loyalty from them.. but if they screw up or aren't as good as we had hoped, we are very quick to just toss them on the trash heap...

yebat' Putin
D
Rookie
Rookie
D
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Rizzo doesn't really have any sources. He's not in the loop anymore. It's more of a he and Goldhammer schtick to say "here's what my sources are telling me." You know, making it seem like they have inside info.

Anyway, the tweet above was sent into him and he read the first line and saw it was from an SI guy and immediately went into (paraphrasing) "Hey Tony, I'm hearing reports that Manziel is out of rehab, do you know anything about that? Check into it for us Grossi and get back to us, but it appears Jonny may be out of rehab from what I'm seeing."

As far as Manziel not being ready for the season, Rizzo is just throwing that out there to stir up the callers and bring some entertainment/drama to the show.

Rizzo is becoming more and more annoying. I put him on blast last week on Twitter when he was asking "what if Lebrons leaves" it was his Wednesday question or something. It caught him of guard and he even read it on air then tried saying its a hypothetical question. We all know Lebron is not leaving again. It would be a huge hit to his brand and himself. Rizzo just reaches for something to talk about. Hes old and he don't have it together upstairs anymore. Im sure tomorrow morning will be epic with him telling everyone that "Johnny up and left rehab" starting more rumors and fanning the fire.

J
Legend
Legend
J
To be fair, Manziel's personality and behavior do not make it easy for some people to feel a lot of empathy for him. He's brash and cocky, and if that is the way you are going to brand yourself, you better be able to back it up, or at least somewhat live up to the hype you've created. Otherwise, you are going to get more grief than the normal underperformer.

He made a conscious choice to make that his persona, and he is living with those consequences. I do feel for him. That must have been a very rude awakening for a guy like that, I hope he comes out of it all a better person. Whether he's ever going to be much of a quarterback remains to be seen. No matter what, the Browns made a horrible choice in drafting him. He was too risky both personally and skill wise.

He's just the kind of guy who is very hard to like for a lot of people. I think that's the main reason people react to him the way they do.

R
Legend
Legend
R

Is this really what happened? I listen every morning on my ride into work, which is about 30-35 minutes each morning. I heard the part where he said his sources are telling him Manziel isn't expected to play this year. But is he somehow linked to that tweet as well? Is that really the origin of his "source"?

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Dawg-Inside
Rizzo is becoming more and more annoying.

In terms of annoying Cleveland radio guys, I put Rizzo pretty far down the list. The most annoying thing he does is eat on air and constantly smack his lips into the microphone. Makes me want to throw up.

In terms of talking sports, I find him fairly level headed. He patronizes a lot of people, like Tony Grossi for example. He knows Grossi is a negative Nancy so he will cater to him and string him along and even sometimes act like he's agreeing with him. I actually believe Grossi is dumb enough to not see what Rizzo is doing. But I get a kick out of it.

Nah, I think he's fairly level headed and far from losing it upstairs.

Goldhammer is your shock value guy. He loves to make a mountain out of a molehill. It's obvious when he's doing it on purpose too.

A really underrated guy is Emmett Golden. I think they thought Goldhammer was going to carry him, but it's the other way around. An overrated guy is Je'Rod Cherry. Rizzo has really minimized Je'Rod. Never lets him get a word in edgewise. But that's somewhat on him too.

Anyway, back to Rizzo...there are far worse...and no one does ads like him. LOL.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
JOOEEEE BEEEEEEEEEESSSS

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This doesn't matter all that much in the grand scheme of things. If Johnny had come out of rehab, busted his ass in camp, learned the new Raiders offense(ouch), and was primed and ready to go in September.... He most likely wouldn't have survived into October. I had his first injury over/under at 3 games. He is the smallest QB in the league. And he likes to run at the first sign of pressure. Hell, BEFORE the first sign of pressure. He thinks he's Fran Tarkenton. Well, the days of Farn Tarkenton are LONG over. If Johnny ever does get back under center he gets to face 240-270 pound linebackers that are as fast or faster than he is. And their only goal is to deal out some PAIN. Then jump up and make a money sign.... Get THEIR name in the paper and on Sportscenter. Be the player that destroyed Johnny Fricken Football. I knew we were in trouble with that pick when he walked across the stage and Roger Godell TOWERED over him. Made him look puny! The CORNERS in that class made him look small.

Of course, we all know that Russell Wilson isn't all that big either. But he isn't quite as small as Johnny. He uses his BRAIN before using his legs, and just because ONE guy gets away with it doesn't mean the league should run out and draft tiny little QB's. It may work elsewhere, but in CLEVELAND where every single year we go through three or four QB's due to injury.... drafting a little one seems like a bad idea. A disaster waiting to happen. And instead of putting on 15-20 pounds of muscle this offseason, he's in rehab.

So, if this story is true, our starting QB in September(for the moment) is McCown. A guy that's lost very close to twice as many games as he's won. Farmer better do something FAST. Hope and pray he's on the phone right now trying to make a trade for someone. ANYONE. Hell, I was not a fan of DA but right now I'd jump for joy if they traded for him. He looks like an All Star compared to any of the bums we have on the roster at the moment. Wonder if we could offer a third for Colt McCoy? Or Kirk Cousins?

I hope Farmer selects QB TWICE in the draft. In the hopes that ONE of them might be decent. We need to bring in as many QB's as the roster will hold and pray we can find a guy to get us through. If we happen to stumble upon a young QB with some upside that would be a bonus.

I'm not so sure this story is accurate. I find it difficult to believe that Johnny would just walk away from the game. But even if it isn't. Even if Johnny is ready to go in September? We are in deep trouble my friends. DEEP trouble. We don't have Shanahan's running game to elievate the lack of a QB this time around. We're probably running the Raiders offense. God help us.

Could be a very very long season..... Already

Tick Tock Tick Tock every year I get a little older and the dream of a Browns Super Bowl win before I kick gets a little farther away.

Peace

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
E
Legend
Legend
E
Just will comment on one thing. Good Pick
All depends, if he becomes a good QB it was a great Pick. If he becomes a bust or backup - it goes with a long line of disappearing picks that are made the 2nd half of the 1st round. Especially QBs.

Rehab, if it was his head that was holding him back I'm glad he is taking steps to correct that now. I'm thinking football, of course all human beings I will only wish well to them.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Agree 100% with your take on Rizzo and Goldhammer. If Goldhammer is on I can't listen to it. He has zero talent .... I'd rather listen to Skip Bayless and I pretty much despise Ball-lless too.

I don't mind listening to Grossi ... sure he's more negative than he needs to be but he doesn't thump his chest or even state he's right, he just throws stuff out there. His campaign against Farmer is tired already.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Agree 100% with your take on Rizzo and Goldhammer. If Goldhammer is on I can't listen to it. He has zero talent .... I'd rather listen to Skip Bayless and I pretty much despise Ball-lless too.

I don't mind listening to Grossi ... sure he's more negative than he needs to be but he doesn't thump his chest or even state he's right, he just throws stuff out there. His campaign against Farmer is tired already.

Rizzo and Goldhammer are the absolute worst on the radio. I'd rather listen to NPR w/ Tony Ganzer for my sports take each day. I don't understand anyone who likes Rizzo but hates Goldhammer. They're one in the same. If you listen to Goldhammer, you can see how much he copies Rizzo's sayings/mannerisms.

Plus Rizzo beats his wife....what a guy!

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Is this really what happened? I listen every morning on my ride into work, which is about 30-35 minutes each morning. I heard the part where he said his sources are telling him Manziel isn't expected to play this year. But is he somehow linked to that tweet as well? Is that really the origin of his "source"?

Correct. Also, Rizz says the same nonsense about Manziel not playing this year about every other week to drum up fan reaction. Usually, he tosses it out there just before he does show #24 on 'My sources are telling me it's going to take this year's firsts and next year's first to move up and get Mariota and Ray is strongly considering pulling the trigger, would you do it folks? Call 216-578-08** ESPN Cleveland WKNR. And folks, spring is right around the corner and if you're thinking of getting a new car you gotta get to Gillingham Ford, come say hi to Bob, Matt, Robby and all the fine Gillingham family. I'm driving the Ford Escape, Je'Rod's got the tricked out Explorer, but seriously folks, if you're thinking about a new car come on down and see the new Ford lineup it'll blow you away and their service department in the best in the country. Family owned and operated for over 50 years......I'll see you there.'

***I couldn't resist throwing a Rizz ad in my post.

Not to get completely off topic. I once got him to propose for me on air. Used fake names and completely made up the story, threw in Bookman and Son so he'd bite on it. They had the whole segment saved as a podcast.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Sorry Memphis, got to disagree with you on Rizzo and Goldhammer. I'm not saying Rizzo is great, but you can tell he's been doing radio for more than a minute. Actually sounds comfortable behind a mic. I believe Goldhammer has been on the air for years now and still talks like he read how to do it in a book. He over enunciates every other word, isn't smart enough to carry a show without trying to be scandalous, and doesn't sound comfortable at all. Before he left the RBS, when Rizzo was absent and he would try to carry the show himself, it was so brutally awkward I couldn't even listen.

One of the most annoying things when listening to radio is listening to guys who just aren't good at it. I imagine it requires a certain gift of gab that not many on radio actually possess. The two best IMO are Cowherd and Ken Carmen. Those guys were born to do radio. And they both essentially carry shows by themselves. That isn't a coincidence.

Milk, did Rizzo come out and say that was his source?

Legend
Legend
As with anything, I'll believe it when I see it. That being said, though, first and foremost, I hope Manziel gets the help he needs so he can be healthy. That's more important than football.

From a Browns fan standpoint, I'm still in that nice apathy stage, so, whatever.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Milk, did Rizzo come out and say that was his source?

Rish, you know the drill on RBS, no names please! But seriously, he did not directly attribute the SI guy as his 'source'. He wanted verification from Grossi.

How about Rizz's Linked-In bit today? Ugh.

By the way, I agree, Ken Carmen is the best.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Apologies if this was already posted, but if its true, it sounds like the Browns are not counting on Manziel.

Report: Browns offered first-rounder for Sam Bradford

by Shawn Krest | CBSSports.com
Sun, 15 Mar 2015

Eagles coach Chip Kelly and Rams coach Jeff Fisher both said that a team offered a first-round draft pick for quarterback Sam Bradford.

Bradford was traded from the Rams to the Eagles for quarterback Nick Foles last week.

Neither coach identified the mystery team, but in an appearance on the Michael Kay Show, former NFL GM Charley Casserly said it was the Browns.

"I'm looking at Cleveland," Casserly said. "The information I have is that they offered a one for Sam Bradford, ok, so clearly they're aggressive in trying to get a quarterback. They've got two one's. (They) can't be sold on what (they've) got. I think they'll be aggressive in the draft."

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasy...or-sam-bradford

B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't know if it is any indication we aren't counting on Manziel for this season or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did in fact make an offer.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
That article makes sense but with SB injury history I think it would have been a big mistake if we got him. Well, at least we are trying.

D
Rookie
Rookie
D
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
JOOEEEE BEEEEEEEEEESSSS

LOL, what's funny is people don't realize you can get Bee Pollen at any Vitamin store for a fraction of what "Joe B" is charging. A FRACTION.

Legend
Legend
If Casserly's right, this should put to rest many of those posters theories that the FO isn't trying.

Succeeding is another story.

Now, had they landed Bradford, some would have talked about what a potential upgrade he would be over the current QB's while others would have instantly started howling about his injury history.

Unless they could pry Aaron Rogers from GB without giving up any picks, someone on DT will always find something to complain about.

#GMStong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Rogers is getting kind of old. tongue

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
wink

Brady, too-
Wilson is undersized-
...and Luck throws too many picks...

#GMStong
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Johnny Manziel..continued...

Link Copied to Clipboard