Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dave
Apologies if this was already posted, but if its true, it sounds like the Browns are not counting on Manziel.

Report: Browns offered first-rounder for Sam Bradford

by Shawn Krest | CBSSports.com
Sun, 15 Mar 2015

Eagles coach Chip Kelly and Rams coach Jeff Fisher both said that a team offered a first-round draft pick for quarterback Sam Bradford.

Bradford was traded from the Rams to the Eagles for quarterback Nick Foles last week.

Neither coach identified the mystery team, but in an appearance on the Michael Kay Show, former NFL GM Charley Casserly said it was the Browns.

"I'm looking at Cleveland," Casserly said. "The information I have is that they offered a one for Sam Bradford, ok, so clearly they're aggressive in trying to get a quarterback. They've got two one's. (They) can't be sold on what (they've) got. I think they'll be aggressive in the draft."

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasy...or-sam-bradford

Glad both teams said no.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If true farmer is a dumbass. 2 will get you 1 his source is lacanfora lol

D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
At this point anything the Browns get from Manziel is positive, I think you have to look at Manziel as questionable at best for 2015 and even if he does come back nobody knows what he's going to do on the field. The FO has to think of him someone that is competing for the QB position but at least at this point in his career is far from a starting QB in the league so I think all options are still open for them.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted By: daytnabacker
Originally Posted By: berea
Quote:
“I applaud him for raising his hand and saying ‘I need help,'” said owner Jimmy Haslam.

His daddy phoned JH and said to get his son some help.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this concept; Haslam is paying Johnny to play QB but he must do his daddy's job and get him some help for his issues first?

Ummm, Johnny good luck, our contract is terminated. Wow, employers have become babysitters.

Big Oil buddies with partially shared legal teams talk to each other, and as long as season tickets are at a certain level, JH will comply.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: berea
Quote:
“I applaud him for raising his hand and saying ‘I need help,'” said owner Jimmy Haslam.

His daddy phoned JH and said to get his son some help.

Who cares how it happened? All that matters is that it happened.

Recovery outcomes that matter to the young man's personal life depend on his own will to seek help, not his father's connections. So that matters for him, despite what calloused, dismissive fans focus upon.

Your personal benefit, and the benefit to the team, from his ability to play no longer exists in the minds of many, since it likely is over for him professionally.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Thank God Chip Kelly is a nut.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Thank God Chip Kelly is a nut.

92.3 The Fan make an interesting post, if Chip's moves don't work out, he can instantly go back to college and become likely the highest paid college coach. Made me wonder if he'll pull a Marrone or just be let go but leave the Eagle organization hurting with all the moves he is orchestrating. My close bud who roots for Philly considers "Chip Kelly" to be a curse word haha.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
so on draft day we trade a first for Bradford so Kelly can move up and get mariotta?

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg
so on draft day we trade a first for Bradford so Kelly can move up and get mariotta?

In a painful thought - that is what I'm afraid of.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

Unfortunately what I fear as well, however my fear goes a little deeper that it'll take more than a first, which IMO is already way too much for someone as brittle as Bradford has demonstrated over his career, to make the trade happen.

C
Legend
Legend
C

I think that ship has sailed for Kelly. Bradford is his QB.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Agreed. We are beyond dumb to have offered a 1st for SB if we did. I love Sam, and would have loved to have him, but the Eagles got shafted giving up what they did, and I honestly believe giving up a 1st is just as bad.

I say that not because Bradford isn't a good QB, but he's just never healthy. He was never healthy in college either.

On a side note I bet the Eagles take Hundley or Petty in the 2nd.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

cfrs...I've got to believe that Kelly is trying to figure out how to move up in the draft to land Mariota.

Kelly would part with Bradford in second if that is what was needed to land Mariota.

Also, if the Browns were willing to give up a first round pick for Bradford before the Rams traded him to the Eagles...

...why wouldn't the Browns be willing to give up a first round pick to the Eagles if that is what it took to get Bradford?

Last edited by mac; 03/16/15 04:09 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
C
Legend
Legend
C
I think we are willing. I don't think Kelly is. If Kelly wanted to get Mariota he would immediately trade Bradford for a first round pick right now. I guess he could waiting for draft day to see how things unfold, but I don't see how giving up assets to get Bradford makes it more likely that the Eagles will get Mariota.

G
Rookie
Rookie
G

Do we ever make a trade with Kelly after he stiffed us?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Originally Posted By: Dave
Apologies if this was already posted, but if its true, it sounds like the Browns are not counting on Manziel.

Report: Browns offered first-rounder for Sam Bradford

by Shawn Krest | CBSSports.com
Sun, 15 Mar 2015

Eagles coach Chip Kelly and Rams coach Jeff Fisher both said that a team offered a first-round draft pick for quarterback Sam Bradford.

Bradford was traded from the Rams to the Eagles for quarterback Nick Foles last week.

Neither coach identified the mystery team, but in an appearance on the Michael Kay Show, former NFL GM Charley Casserly said it was the Browns.

"I'm looking at Cleveland," Casserly said. "The information I have is that they offered a one for Sam Bradford, ok, so clearly they're aggressive in trying to get a quarterback. They've got two one's. (They) can't be sold on what (they've) got. I think they'll be aggressive in the draft."

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasy...or-sam-bradford

Glad both teams said no.

Wow,, Casserly said it was us. well that seals it rofl

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Gunner

Do we ever make a trade with Kelly after he stiffed us?

I don't get how holding grudges would ever benefit anyone in the NFL.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Wow,, Casserly said it was us. well that seals it rofl

With news of that nature and how realistically I believe that Ray would've done/tried something like that, Jason LaCanfora could have said it and I would believe it.

Now, draft day is another story. It could all but come true... and yikes!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

My thinking when I read Chip Kelly said no....

He might need to secure a trade up with Tennessee first. If the Titans agree to trade down for say the Eagles 1st & 2nd (and a pick or two next year) AND the Browns #19 overall pick, maybe Kelly DOES send us Bradford...

If Kelly had a guaranteed way to land Mariota, I'm willing to bet he would trade us Bradford.

In my opinion, he would be a major upgrade, when healthy, he's been really productive. A lot of people don't give him credit for that because the Rams had a BAD offensive line and a BAD cast of WR's for him the last few years....

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: mac

cfrs...I've got to believe that Kelly is trying to figure out how to move up in the draft to land Mariota.

Kelly would part with Bradford in second if that is what was needed to land Mariota.

Also, if the Browns were willing to give up a first round pick for Bradford before the Rams traded him to the Eagles...

...why wouldn't the Browns be willing to give up a first round pick to the Eagles if that is what it took to get Bradford?

this is my line of thinking also... uh oh

#gmstrong

C
Legend
Legend
C
Perhaps the biggest obstacle in all of this is if the Titans want to draft Mariota. If they do, there is no trade they will take.

Again, I don't see how giving up assets makes the Eagles more likely to get Mariota.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Perhaps the biggest obstacle in all of this is if the Titans want to draft Mariota. If they do, there is no trade they will take.

Again, I don't see how giving up assets makes the Eagles more likely to get Mariota.

absolutely correct about the Titans... they want Mariota... Kelly is outside looking in ( assuming he does want Mariota).

technically I agree, I would be more willing to give picks for Foles than Bradford, NOT A FIRST THOUGH... FOR EITHER !!!

I just wee that report about our offering a one and think is Kelly trying to snooker us?

#gmstrong

C
Legend
Legend
C
I think Kelly made up the report to make his own trade look better.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

ha !!

From what I read all he would have to do was tweet Grossi and it would be all over social media. rofl

#gmstrong

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The Rams reported they were offered a low 1st for him as well, but wanted Foles. They both could be lying to sell what was an unpopular trade by portions of their respective fan bases, but going off what we know I imagine someone is stupid enough to do it.

Again, I wouldn't give a 1st for either, but would actually give more for Bradford because he can be a franchise guy if he ever gets healthy......no way Foles is anything more than average. If I was the Rams I would have screwed whomever offered that 1st and moved on.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Legend
Legend

This is the most plausible answer.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MrKelso

My thinking when I read Chip Kelly said no....

He might need to secure a trade up with Tennessee first. If the Titans agree to trade down for say the Eagles 1st & 2nd (and a pick or two next year) AND the Browns #19 overall pick, maybe Kelly DOES send us Bradford...

If Kelly had a guaranteed way to land Mariota, I'm willing to bet he would trade us Bradford.

In my opinion, he would be a major upgrade, when healthy, he's been really productive. A lot of people don't give him credit for that because the Rams had a BAD offensive line and a BAD cast of WR's for him the last few years....

Instead of Bradford, wouldn't Foles have been a better player for the Titans to go after. I mean, Foles is younger and I think at this point, has a great upside give that Bradford can't stay healthy.

So why trade for Bradford only to use him as a piece of the bait to get a chance at Mariota?

As odd as it sounds, I think Kelly thinks that Bradford is his guy going forward.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
F
Legend
Legend
F
jc.

1950 Vic Janowicz Ohio State RB
1951 Dick Kazmaier Princeton RB
1952 Billy Vessels Oklahoma RB
1953 John Lattner Notre Dame RB
1954 Alan Ameche Wisconsin RB
1955 Howard Cassady Ohio State RB
1956 Paul Hornung Notre Dame QB
1957 John David Crow Texas A$M RB
1958 Pete Dawkins Army RB
1959 Billy Cannon Louisiana State RB
1960 Joe Bellino Navy RB
1961 Ernie Davis Syracuse RB
1962 Terry Baker Oregon State QB
1963 Roger Staubach Navy QB
1964 John Huarte Notre Dame QB
1965 Mike Garrett USC RB
1966 Steve Spurrier Florida QB
1967 Gary Beban UCLA QB
1968 O.J. Simpson USC RB
1969 Steve Owens Oklahoma FB
1970 Jim Plunkett Stanford QB
1971 Pat Sullivan Auburn QB
1972 Johnny Rodgers Nebraska RB
1973 John Cappelletti Penn State RB
1974 Archie Griffin Ohio State RB
1975 Archie Griffin Ohio State RB
1976 Tony Dorsett Pittsburgh RB
1977 Earl Campbell Texas RB
1978 Billy Sims Oklahoma RB
1979 Charles White USC RB
1980 George Rogers South Carolina RB
1981 Marcus Allen USC RB
1982 Herschel Walker Georgia RB
1983 Mike Rozier Nebraska RB
1984 Doug Flutie Boston College QB
1985 Bo Jackson Auburn RB
1986 Vinny Testaverde Miami (Fla.) QB
1987 Tim Brown Notre Dame WR
1988 Barry Sanders Oklahoma State RB
1989 Andre Ware Houston QB
1990 Ty Detmer Brigham Young QB
1991 Desmond Howard Michigan WR
1992 Gino Torretta Miami (Fla.) QB
1993 Charlie Ward Florida State QB
1994 Rashaan Salaam Colorado RB
1995 Eddie George Ohio State RB
1996 Danny Wuerffel Florida QB
1997 Charles Woodson Michigan CB
1998 Ricky Williams Texas RB
1999 Ron Dayne Wisconsin RB
2000 Chris Weinke Florida State QB
2001 Eric Crouch Nebraska QB
2002 Carson Palmer USC QB
2003 Jason White Oklahoma QB
2004 Matt Leinart USC QB
2006 Troy Smith Ohio State QB
2007 Tim Tebow Florida QB
2008 Sam Bradford Oklahoma QB
2009 Mark Ingram Alabama RB
2010 Cam Newton Auburn QB
2011 Robert Griffin III Baylor University QB
2012 Johnny Manziel Texas A&M QB
2013 Jameis Winston Florida State QB
2014 Marcus Mariota Oregon QB

Robert Griffin III is the only Heisman winner with a career passer rating over 90 in the NFL (90.8). Since 1950, the combined NFL winning percentage for quarterbacks who won the Heisman Trophy is under .500 (480-501-4, .489).

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
jc...

Report: Browns expect Johnny Manziel back for April workouts

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on March 24, 2015, 12:43 AM EDT
link

Johnny Manziel has spent over seven weeks in a rehab program for alcohol and substance abuse. However, the Cleveland Browns expect Manziel to be with the team for offseason workouts that are set to begin on April 20.

According to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com, Manziel is an anticipating his release from the program in early April.

Browns general manager Ray Farmer did say Monday that the final decision on Manziel’s release remains with the personnel handling his rehabilitation. Nevertheless, the team expects he’ll be released in time to rejoin the team.

“I don’t think it’s in doubt,” Farmer said. “Again, I’m not the point person in that. So I would defer to those kind of controlling his care and let them decide what that looks like.”

Manziel had a dismal rookie season with Cleveland last year. He started only two games and did not throw a touchdown. Both starts resulted in Cleveland losses, including a 30-0 defeat to the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 16.

Despite the addition of Josh McCown this offseason, the Browns quarterback position isn’t vastly different from the group that finished last season. It leaves the door open for Manziel to make another push for the team’s starting job if he can get his off-field issues in order.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Good to hear.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Good for him he likely will be available come 4-20 (no pun intended) workouts. Hopefully we see a new young man with new motives, initiatives and attitude.

One thing is for sure, I'm keeping my hope at a low level cause there's already been ample amounts of disappointment, but always open to being proved wrong!!!

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It is good to hear. I wish Jm nothing but the best I hope he overcomes his problems and becomes a very good QB for us. I believe if he puts his head to it and works hard he will be just that.

Legend
Legend
Say it ain't so. Manziel will not be of help early on next season it appears to me. We may get plumb dumb crazy in draft maybe. Carry six maybe seven QBs next year?

Sorry. Just read Mac's above. So we assume "available" means "playable"? Not sure what limitations post-rehab might have on JFF.

Last edited by Bard Dawg; 03/24/15 11:07 AM.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
but but according to inside sources Johnny was going to be placed on IR? how could this possibly happen with both La Canfora and Rizzo reported the same thing, I mean they pulled their information directly from a fans twitter account whose cousin's brother assured everyone that his neighbors maid had connections within the Browns, as her nephew delivered pizza to the coaches meetings on monday nights.

He will not miss anything browns related and no doubt when pettine visited him he took him a copy of Flip's playbook lol

C
Legend
Legend
C
Now let's just hope he is left alone (fat chance).

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:
both La Canfora and Rizzo reported the same thing, I mean they pulled their information directly from a fans twitter account whose cousin's brother assured everyone

These boys pulled their information directly from a place where the sun doesn't shine, unless they are nudists rofl ...

Legend
Legend
Quote:
both La Canfora and Rizzo reported the same thing, I mean they pulled their information directly from a fans twitter account whose cousin's brother assured everyone

These boys pulled their information directly from a place where the sun doesn't shine, unless they are nudists rofl ...

Been saying that about Rizzo and Grossi for years.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Quote:

Been saying that about Rizzo and Grossi for years.

What, that they are emperors with no clothes? naughtydevil

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
but but according to inside sources Johnny was going to be placed on IR?
I remember it as JF COULD be placed on IR.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
but but according to inside sources Johnny was going to be placed on IR?
I remember it as JF COULD be placed on IR.

PUP List most likely..

But I doubt it comes to that.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Johnny Manziel..continued...

Link Copied to Clipboard