Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
because of JFF the NFL will create a new list...

MUP- Mentally Unable to Perform

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
"There's a reason we drafted him where we did,'' Pettine said. "This is a guy that accounted for 90-plus touchdowns in college. When he's back with us and it's all about football, we're confident that between (offensive coordinator) John DeFilippo and (quarterbacks coach) Kevin (O'Connell) that they're going to do an outstanding job with not just him but all of our quarterbacks, holding them accountable, getting them prepared, getting the mechanical stuff right but at the same time not teaching them to be robotic and not allowing them to still take advantage of their own skill set. All of our quarterbacks are going to get coached hard and we're going to hopefully get everything out of them that we can."

link

I thought this was a direct shot over the bow of Shannahan. If you go back to my posts in preseason, I talked about how Manziel looked robotic and no longer looked like someone that was a natural thrower. That wasnt just a defense of Manziel by the coach that was a mega shot at Shannahan.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That's how I read that as well.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Farmer fired shots at Shanahan as well.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
I thought this was a direct shot over the bow of Shannahan.

I didn't read any connection or implied reference to KS, Mourg'...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
R
Legend
Legend
R
They've been taking shots at KS since he left.

With each shot fired, it's more and more telling that it just wasn't a good fit.

It's unfortuante because KS is a good OC. But he's also not irreplaceable.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Ks left he left. If he didn't want to be here fine. He like everyone else is replaceable. We may have gotten a very good OC with JD. Lord knows we as Browns fans should be used to this by now. Let's support the new coaches and see what they bring to the table.

Legend
Legend
It is becoming more and more obvious that Shanahan did not want to be here, and was not a good fit with this coaching staff. I think that it is also obvious that Pettine did not want him here. So, they divorced. It happens. Hopefully the staff as now constructed will work well together. I believe they will. I really like Flip a lot, and think that he is going to be an exceptional OC.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
It is becoming more and more obvious that Shanahan did not want to be here, and was not a good fit with this coaching staff. I think that it is also obvious that Pettine did not want him here. So, they divorced. It happens. Hopefully the staff as now constructed will work well together. I believe they will. I really like Flip a lot, and think that he is going to be an exceptional OC.

yup, it's that simple. We move on and so does he.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here's to hoping Flip Wilson will be an excellent OC or QB coach, whichever he is... nanner
The devil made me do it... naughtydevil

Legend
Legend
As I have said before Shanny was very me,me,me. while Pet is very we,we,we

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
...all the way home.

GM good to see you posting regular again Bro.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
5) The definiton of "changing an entire offense" can vary. Farmer said the Browns changed everything for Manziel. Pettine, politely, disagreed. "I know the run game stayed the same and I know we had some things in all year that were more suited for a mobile quarterback," Pettine said. "So there was a shift in emphasis there, but I wouldn't categorize those changes as drastic."

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns...=espnapi_public

isnt that something. first shanny said it was pretty much the same plays we ran all year and now pettine pretty much says the same. wonder if the poster who lost alot of respect for shanny when he said that now lost alot of respect for pettine?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
E
Legend
Legend
E
All I can say is the look Manziel had was a spread offense pistol look for the most part.

Also I remember distinctly when Manziel got hurt and Hoyer came back in...right away our personnel changed - we went to a Double TE or an Unbalanced I formation - with a strong powerful Run game. It had a totally different flow to it...all seemed on page - Why cause Hoyer hands the ball off better? No cause they all been playing it since day one with Hoyer. Although some similar looking plays when we were in obvious passing situations but our Scheme was definitely different.

jmho btw I deleted all the games. So I cannot go back and be specific...but even in my What I saw I was like why did we go to a totally different Scheme/look that not only did Manziel look confused but we had OL going in wrong directions. RBs going in 2 different directions...just a total cluster muck.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
J
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J
yeah and how about the QB sweep shanny called on the lay manziel got hurt. wtf was THAT?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
How much of that was because Johnny didn't know the playbook tab (honest question)? I tend to think they tried to hide his weaknesses and put him in situations he was comfortable with from college. However, as you alluded to, the rest of the team was uncomfortable and it showed.

Personally, I hope they develop an offense and Johnny can either learn or execute the offense or he can sit.......no more "dumbing down the playbook" or making him comfortable crap. Run the standard O or you don't play. It isn't like our was Saints like complicated, and no reason he couldn't learn the playbook by that time.

I like Johnny, and still haven't completely given up on him, but he needs to grow up. The rehab stuff was part of the problem, but from my outsiders eyes part of his problem was lack of work ethic and sense of entitlement. If those don't change then rehab doesn't help him with a large part of what hindered his development last year.

I would also draft a QB if we do draft one (either this year or the next) that fits the type of system Pettine/Flip want to run.....not cater the system to someone's strengths (aka Mariota).

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: BigWillieStyle
How much of that was because Johnny didn't know the playbook tab (honest question)? I tend to think they tried to hide his weaknesses and put him in situations he was comfortable with from college.

That could not have possibly of happened Big. It was a scam purpitrated by Shanahan to undermine the Browns and make Manziel look like a idiot.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: BigWillieStyle
How much of that was because Johnny didn't know the playbook tab (honest question)? I tend to think they tried to hide his weaknesses and put him in situations he was comfortable with from college.

That could not have possibly of happened Big. It was a scam purpitrated by Shanahan to undermine the Browns and make Manziel look like a idiot.

Well Pit, I'm glad you're finally on-board.

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: joshferencz
yeah and how about the QB sweep shanny called on the lay manziel got hurt. wtf was THAT?

yea and shanny said there were only 2 plays that johnny ran that hoyer did not. and by the way. that isnt the play he got hurt on. the play he got hurt on no one touched johnny. who would have thought he was so fragile?

Last edited by pblack18707; 03/26/15 05:19 PM.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Lol....he did a pretty good job by himself with that one. I really hope he has grown up and ready to take his job seriously, because honest to goodness we have really no idea if he even has the ability to play the position.......his lack of maturity last year didn't allow him to learn the playbook for goodness sakes.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
P
Legend
Legend
P
And that's how I look at it. None of us really have a clue about him as a QB. Hopefully the coaching staff has a clue whether more of what we saw can be attributed to immaturity or lack of ability.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
who would have thought he was so fragile?

Everyone except for Jimmy.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

yea and shanny said there were only 2 plays that johnny ran that hoyer did not. and by the way. that isnt the play he got hurt on. the play he got hurt on no one touched johnny. who would have thought he was so fragile?

Everything you just said is completely wrong, he was knocked out on the quarterback sweep and took a crushing hit on the play. Stupidest play call I've ever seen in the NFL trying to use a 6' 200lb. qb like he's Marshawn Lynch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnJYHdAjgtw

Legend
Legend
Just think had he not played after the Buffalo game..

We'd probably be optimistic going into this season..

Id give him the playbook, and tape of every play from Russell Wilson in Seattle..

If he can't do that, run a run based scheme, with play action roll outs.. then I dont know what he can do..

Note: I am not comparing him to Wilson, I feel the need to point this out, to avoid an argument with someone assuming I am..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Knight

Everything you just said is completely wrong, he was knocked out on the quarterback sweep and took a crushing hit on the play. Stupidest play call I've ever seen in the NFL trying to use a 6' 200lb. qb like he's Marshawn Lynch.

Manziel said he first hurt himself on a play from the previous drive, a third-and-1 slant route to Josh Gordon that was reviewed and overturned. Manziel fell on the throw and "felt a little tight in my hamstring" when he got up. The injury worsened after the first-down run on the next series.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/120612...rolina-panthers

J
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6j2fIVJfp4

he was injured on the QB sweep. i doubt he injured his hammy on a previous play, but then was asked to run a QB sweep with an injured hammy...

unless i missed something? i was drinking a lot come that point in the season

EDIT - didnt know he said he felt tight in the hammy from a previous play. cant believe shanny would call a QB sweep like that (ever), but the fact that his hammy was already injured just makes it way worse.. idiotic

Last edited by joshferencz; 03/26/15 06:27 PM.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
EDIT - didnt know he said he felt tight in the hammy from a previous play. cant believe shanny would call a QB sweep like that (ever), but the fact that his hammy was already injured just makes it way worse.. idiotic

alot of talk on the board about that. shanny said johnny never told anyone about it at the time. and it was like 4 play before not one.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K

Manziel said he first hurt himself on a play from the previous drive, a third-and-1 slant route to Josh Gordon that was reviewed and overturned. Manziel fell on the throw and "felt a little tight in my hamstring" when he got up. The injury worsened after the first-down run on the next series.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/120612...rolina-panthers

Whatever play he claims he got hurt on the sweep was the straw that broke the camels back.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Quote:

alot of talk on the board about that. shanny said johnny never told anyone about it at the time. and it was like 4 play before not one.

I have my doubts about the truth surrounding the whole injury, it was all very odd.

J
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J

well if thats the case, i wont hold it against shanny for trying to make an injured QB run a sweep.

but at the same time, i will say its an absolutely moronic playcall, that had no chance of ever working. and its not surprising he got injured further on such a play, you dont put your quarterback in such a position...

K
All Pro
All Pro
K

well if thats the case, i wont hold it against shanny for trying to make an injured QB run a sweep.

but at the same time, i will say its an absolutely moronic playcall, that had no chance of ever working. and its not surprising he got injured further on such a play, you dont put your quarterback in such a position...

The worst part is it was out of the shotgun with an empty back field so there was no deception or lead blockers...oh but Cameron was there to set the left edge and completely wiffed as usual.

Last edited by Knight; 03/26/15 06:58 PM.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

The worst part is it was out of the shotgun with an empty back field so there was no deception or lead blockers...oh but Cameron was there to set the left edge and completely wiffed as usual.

yea. imagine asking a QB that runs at the first sign of pressure and is known in collage to run to run a play that asks him to run. stupid huh?

ofcourse if he runs in for a td when there is a wide open person to throw it to and takes a big shot doing it its a great play? pfft....

J
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J
so calling a QB sweep from an empty shotgun set was a good idea? is that what youre seriously trying to argue?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
so calling a QB sweep from an empty shotgun set was a good idea? is that what youre seriously trying to argue?

no. its one of the few plays he learned how to run lol

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pblack is correct in that manziel was hurt on the throw to gordon he fell down grabbing his hammy on that throw like a sniper got him.

Pblack criticizing a QB for scoring a td is just ignorant. I dont care if he sticks the ball up his butt and quacks like a duck and he crosses the goal line it was a good play if he scored a TD. This is the same nonsense that was in preseason when you guys criticized him for running for a first instead of throwing it to the FB when he just dropped an identical play to Hoyer on the previous series.

Legend
Legend
Who is Munzeel, and what in the hell is a humstring grin

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
what in the hell is a humstring grin

They use those to hold hummers together. wink

#GMSTRONG
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Browns may make a move for Mariota, or try again for Bradford

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 31, 2015, 8:26 AM EDT

link

In yet another sign that those around the Browns do not see Johnny Manziel as the franchise quarterback, a recent report out of Cleveland suggests that the Browns may try to move up in the draft for Marcus Mariota, or try again to acquire Sam Bradford.

Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com writes that the Browns are fully prepared to start Josh McCown this year, but they’re also not done trying to get better at the quarterback position. In fact, Cabot thinks the Browns will try to trade up in the draft for Mariota, and may also make another run at Bradford.

The Browns offered the Rams a first-round draft pick for Bradford and the Rams declined, deciding instead to take the Eagles’ offer of Nick Foles. But the Browns could see if the Eagles would trade Bradford. There’s been talk that what Chip Kelly really wants is to move up and draft Mariota, his old Oregon quarterback. If the Browns, who own two first-round picks, could help give Kelly the ammunition to move up and get his guy, Kelly might be willing to part with Bradford.

But if the Browns have the ammunition to move up for Mariota, they might just do that themselves. Bradford comes with an expensive 2015 salary and becomes a free agent next year. If the Browns can get Mariota, they’ve got their franchise quarterback for years to come.

Of course, that’s what they thought last year when they drafted Manziel. Instead, Cabot writes that the Browns are down on him and may not even be able to get much for Manziel in a trade. Cabot speculates that maybe Jerry Jones is interested in Manziel.

Or maybe Chip Kelly is interested in Manziel.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: mac
Browns may make a move for Mariota, or try again for Bradford

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 31, 2015, 8:26 AM EDT

link

In yet another sign that those around the Browns do not see Johnny Manziel as the franchise quarterback, a recent report out of Cleveland suggests that the Browns may try to move up in the draft for Marcus Mariota, or try again to acquire Sam Bradford.

Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com writes that the Browns are fully prepared to start Josh McCown this year, but they’re also not done trying to get better at the quarterback position. In fact, Cabot thinks the Browns will try to trade up in the draft for Mariota, and may also make another run at Bradford.

The Browns offered the Rams a first-round draft pick for Bradford and the Rams declined, deciding instead to take the Eagles’ offer of Nick Foles. But the Browns could see if the Eagles would trade Bradford. There’s been talk that what Chip Kelly really wants is to move up and draft Mariota, his old Oregon quarterback. If the Browns, who own two first-round picks, could help give Kelly the ammunition to move up and get his guy, Kelly might be willing to part with Bradford.

But if the Browns have the ammunition to move up for Mariota, they might just do that themselves. Bradford comes with an expensive 2015 salary and becomes a free agent next year. If the Browns can get Mariota, they’ve got their franchise quarterback for years to come.

Of course, that’s what they thought last year when they drafted Manziel. Instead, Cabot writes that the Browns are down on him and may not even be able to get much for Manziel in a trade. Cabot speculates that maybe Jerry Jones is interested in Manziel.

Or maybe Chip Kelly is interested in Manziel.

Because clearly the plan has been to settle on Manziel all along.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Mary Kaye left out the possibility that everyone in interested in Manziel,no one is interested in Manziel,or that some of the people are interested in Manziel,but only some of the time.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Johnny Manziel..continued...

Link Copied to Clipboard