Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This makes raising ticket prices better to accept...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
Yeah it looks like it's going to be very tough for Pryor to make it, other than Farmer's insistence we have one 6'4" wideout on the roster at all times.

did we have one six four last year? for that matter did we have more than one over five ten?

Charles Johnson
LaRon Byrd
Ifeanyi Momah
Rodney Smith
L'Damian Washington

All these guys spent time on our roster or practice squad during the season. None of them had a catch for us last year and there was maybe one activation last season among all of them.

Legend
Legend
Vers, I don't know... we have a lot of options at kick returner. I would be surprised if Pryor's best as a kick returner is better than Benjamin's best as a punt returner, and Benjamin showed some value as a receiver last season (Tennessee game is the most obvious example.)

I don't think Pryor will ever be the elite kick coverage guy that Cribbs was. I fully agree that he could contribute possibly as a red zone/jump ball guy. I'm just not sure who I would boot off of the 53 to keep him. I really don't expect Pryor to be much of a special teams guy. Is he a better coverage player than Marlon Moore? I think if he makes the team, it HAS to be because either 1) they have special packages for him on offense as a QB or Wildcat or 2) he impresses at wide receiver.

I really don't see special teams as an entry point for Pryor. But I do think it's going to be a fun preseason figuring it all out.

Legend
Legend
we had a lot of options at kick returner last year...and they all sucked.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I forgot who brought it up but I think they were probably right that TE may be his best landing spot. That size/ speed running up the middle could be difficult. Could pryor walk in and be our best receiving TE day 1? very possible. I dont expect much but I am intrigued by him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
TE may be his best landing spot. That size/ speed running up the middle could be difficult. Could pryor walk in and be our best receiving TE day 1? very possible. I dont expect much but I am intrigued by him.

I have to lmao... over and over.. Pryor could be our best receiving TE on day one... but you don't expect much... I read this board and just smh and wonder this is why we can't win... Hey but we could have had Tebow...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dray and Barnidge are blockers. Housler has never shown much and he is already battling injuries and Bibbs was dogged allyear with a knee injury. I am not exagerating and I do mean Pryor has a chance to come in and be our best receiving threat as a te. We have seen non football players come in and show some skills as a TE pretty quick.

Hell he knows the routes and we really dont have that pure receiving TE. I doubt the kid from AZ makes the team.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Your right.. but Dray and Barn came in as receivers..Maybe it's like a Belichek experiment and Pettine /Farmer are looking at ways to help make this team win.... The question is can we experiment with players like this with the QB position we have... Can you imagine if our number one QB gets hurt and the number 2 is ? and the chants for Pryor begin... smh LOL..Only in Cleveland would we want a TE to come in and be our savior... I'm just having fun with this.. But it is Cleveland smile

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
I think if he makes the team, it HAS to be because either 1) they have special packages for him on offense as a QB or Wildcat or 2) he impresses at wide receiver.

or he beats out Manziel as backup QB.... saywhat

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
D
Legend
Legend
D
The more I think about it, the more I think Pryor should be getting his tryout at QB, not WR. He *could* be our second-best option there, and maybe even our best option. I'm posting a 2011 scouting report on Pryor, and then a highlight video. Yes, I know - its a highlight video - but keep in mind its vs NFL defenses, not Bowling Green, Ohio U, or Youngstown St.

Anyway, even if I'm FOS (wouldn't be the first time), its worth discussing.

Scouting Report: Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor

June 8, 2011
By Russ Lande
The Sporting News

Sporting News’ draft expert Russ Lande breaks down the game of former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor, who is expected to enter the NFL’s supplemental draft unless he opts to sign with the CFL:

Athletic ability: Pryor is a special athlete who has consistently shown the ability to make game-changing plays with his arm and legs. His remarkable combination of quickness, athleticism, size and speed enables him to avoid sacks and buy second chances. He can set up quickly and get rid of the ball fast on quick-hitting passes — especially slants. When he scrambles, he has the athleticism to make tacklers miss and the speed to outrun defenders who have the angle on him. He is a legitimate big-play threat every time he takes off with the ball. He is a quicker, more explosive athlete than Tim Tebow or Cam Newton.

Strengths: Pryor’s uncommon ability to make great throws downfield and game-changing plays with the ball is what gives him such NFL potential. At 6-6, 233, he is a very tall, well-built player who looks more like an NFL outside linebacker or tight end than a quarterback. He has consistently shown the ability to get rid of the ball quickly and has the arm strength to make every NFL throw with excellent zip when his footwork and mechanics are correct. As he has matured as a QB, he has become more patient and relaxed going through his progressions and finding receivers. He does a very good job of keeping his head up and eyes downfield when flushed from the pocket and can be an accurate thrower on the move.

Weaknesses: Pryor is a raw quarterback who needs to greatly improve his accuracy if he is ever going to become a quality starting QB in the NFL. Of the 40 quarterbacks I have charted over the past four years, Pryor’s accuracy ranked 36th out of 40. He needs to stride into and follow through on his passes more consistently in order to improve his accuracy. He obviously needs to work on his mechanics, but if he can improve his accuracy, then the odd look of his release would not be as big of an issue. With the baggage he is bringing from Ohio State, Pryor faces a big job to prove he has the leadership skills and intangibles to lead NFL players.

Bottom line: Now that Pryor has announced he won't return to Ohio State, it is assumed he will declare for the supplemental draft this summer. He is a rare physical specimen, but he is a long-term project who is going to need to greatly improve his accuracy to make it as an NFL QB. If you break down all of Pryor’s throws on film, he does not grade out high. But if you put together a highlight tape of his best plays—both as a passer and runner—there is a wow factor that is hard to overlook. If it were not for the off-field issues that have come to light recently, his talent would have likely led a team to gamble on him earlier than his overall game warranted. But now he will likely slide into the late rounds of the supplemental draft because quarterbacks with accuracy issues struggle greatly in the NFL. When you factor in questions about his maturity and decision making, there are too many issues and concerns to take him early.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-06-08/scouting-report-ohio-state-qb-terrelle-pryor

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
Dray and Barnidge are blockers. Housler has never shown much and he is already battling injuries and Bibbs was dogged allyear with a knee injury. I am not exagerating and I do mean Pryor has a chance to come in and be our best receiving threat as a te. We have seen non football players come in and show some skills as a TE pretty quick.

Hell he knows the routes and we really dont have that pure receiving TE. I doubt the kid from AZ makes the team.

It sounds logical, but is Pryor in shape to play TE? He spent the off-season preparing to be a QB. I like the notion he'll be Browns new Cribbs. I also believe he won't play much other than a couple of trick plays per game. He stays on the team if he shows he can play Cribbs role on kick-offs. Cribbs was very good getting down field and making the tackle. Pryor needs to humble himself to be a support role. I think that will be a tall order.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Gorman: Pryor not too proud to play wide receiver

Pryor is proud, believing he can play quarterback in the NFL even after being traded once and cut thrice.

But the former Jeannette and Ohio State star isn't too proud to play another position. Even after declaring, “If I can't play quarterback, I can't play football” only a month ago.

Despite those words of defiance, we know Pryor can play football. The question is whether it's quarterback or another position.

When he signed with the Cleveland Browns on Monday as a wide receiver, it was a sign the nation's No. 1 recruit in the Class of 2008, infamous for the ESPN-televised news conference to announce he hadn't made his college choice, had humbled himself to do whatever it takes to play in the NFL.

“I'm going to give this slash-player deal a chance,” Pryor told Trib Total Media on Thursday night. “I just want to play football. I'm a playmaker, and I believe if I can touch the ball, I can go to the house, especially if I have space. This should definitely open up some opportunities.”

Pryor is out to prove this isn't just lip service.

Upon deciding to make the move to wideout after being cut by the Cincinnati Bengals on June 18, his first call was to Steelers All-Pro Antonio Brown. Pryor plans to work out with Brown and Randy Moss, absorbing whatever they can teach him about the position's nuances.

“The thing that helps me is that I played quarterback, and I know what the quarterback wants,” Pryor said.

“What I've got to work on is the specifics, cutting in and out of the breaks. Athletically, I believe I can do anything on the field. When I get on the field, I may not be the best, but I always feel like I am. I bring that mindset. I work my hardest to be the best I can at that position.”

Even if it's wide receiver.

To many football analysts, this move is long overdue. Since he was in high school, Pryor has been told he wasn't a pro-style quarterback and should switch to receiver.

“If anyone can, he can,” former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel told WHBC Radio in Columbus on Wednesday. “He certainly has tremendous athletic ability and a passion to help wherever he can be helpful.”

Ray Reitz, who coached Pryor at Jeannette, called the 6-foot-4, 233-pounder a “matchup nightmare” comparable to Calvin Johnson.

“If you try to press him, he's going to rock you or run by you,” Reitz said. “Plus, he has that leaping ability and really good hands. If you make one mistake, he's scoring.”

The Steelers saw that firsthand when Pryor faked a handoff and sprinted for a 93-yard touchdown — the longest by a quarterback in NFL history — on the first play from scrimmage of the Raiders' 21-18 victory in October 2013.

Yet his 25.7 passer rating in that game was the worst by a winning quarterback since Craig Morton in 1972, and Pryor got only 10 starts in Oakland before being traded to Seattle last year for a seventh-round pick.

After getting cut by the Seahawks, Kansas City Chiefs and Bengals, Pryor wondered whether his career would go the way of Tim Tebow's. Difference is, Pryor is willing to do what Tebow won't.

“That was my position. That's my heart. That's what I trained for,” Pryor said of playing quarterback. “Yeah, I'm human. It's just like everybody else. I never thought of quitting. I kept working hard, thinking that my time is going to come. I work too hard. I don't think anyone can outwork me. I spend a lot of time on my craft. I don't really think of it like that. One of these days I'm going to get an opportunity and break through.”

That's the thing about the Browns: Not only are they desperate for a playmaker at wide receiver with Josh Gordon suspended, but with Josh McCown, Johnny Manziel, Thaddeus Lewis and Connor Shaw, Pryor might be their best quarterback. Browns offensive coordinator John DeFilippo was his position coach with the Raiders, to boot.

But Pryor doesn't want to talk about playing quarterback anymore. He doesn't consider this a test of character. Not when his family lived in hotels as a child, when he never knew where his next meal was coming from. Not when mentor Ted Sarniak and Pryor's father, Craig, died within six days of each other in July 2012. Not with the way Jeannette's DeNunzio family has welcomed him into their home. Not with a son, Terrelle II, who celebrates his first birthday next week, who motivates Pryor to be the parental provider he never had growing up.

“You wake up wondering what's going to happen today,” Pryor said. “This isn't a test. This is easy to me. I can get through pretty much anything. Whatever they throw at me, I can take it. I keep working hard. I work with a smile. That's why I'm proud, the way I carry myself. To this day, I believe you are who you surround yourself with. That's why I'm positive that everything is going to turn out good, if not great. That's how I view everything.”

Terrelle Pryor is proud, believing in himself more than anything else.

He knows he can play football, even if it's not at quarterback.

http://triblive.com/sports/-topstories/8639599-74/pryor-quarterback-receiver#axzz3eGiC9AY2

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
steve: GM brought up something earlier that got me to thinking. GM said that Pryor was going to have to make the team by doing well on special teams, or something like that.

I was thinking......"What?" But, then it came to me.......Pryor as a latter day version of Cribbs. Kick-off returner; [probably not a punt returner;] WR who runs some bubble screens, some fades in the redzone, some fly patterns; lining up at QB a few times a year; coming in motion and either getting the hand-off or faking it to him to freeze the defense for an instant, etc.
I can actually see that.
What do you think?

Pretty much how he will have to make the team until he becomes an Actually WR. Work at the craft but give the team a weapon to utilize as he works at WR.

If you remember prior to Benjamin's Injury he was being used as a weapon in 2013...Jet motion pitch or hand offs. Lots of little plays getting him the ball in space and good results then came the knee. As long as the kid has matured in his attitude and approach to the game - works hard and dedicates himself to becoming a WR...why not use him as a gimmick thing. We'll see if he takes to ST also?

jmho...but could be the way. I'd love to see what he becomes 2 years from now working hard at the WR position. That 1st round WR weapon gotten for nothing

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

I do not understand why guys like Pryor and Tebow don't go the CFL to try and get their game to NFL-capable.

When Pryor gets cut here he needs to go play WR or TE in the CFL for a season and see if he can get to NFL-capable.

Flutie seems to be the only guy who figured out that opportunity.

I still say the Browns should petition the league for a practice squad roster exception for a player who is switching positions. What do they have to lose?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
j/c

I do not understand why guys like Pryor and Tebow don't go the CFL to try and get their game to NFL-capable.

When Pryor gets cut here he needs to go play WR or TE in the CFL for a season and see if he can get to NFL-capable.

Flutie seems to be the only guy who figured out that opportunity.

I still say the Browns should petition the league for a practice squad roster exception for a player who is switching positions. What do they have to lose?

Because most these guys would be forgotten maybe, and in any case, would risk losing out on a ton of $.

JMO

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
I was always told blocking is 90% desire 10%technique. The guys that are great blockers love to block. The guys that suck at blocking generally put no effort into it. I believe this to be more than true.

As an ex undersized o-lineman I can say that this statement is pretty true.

If you give me a guy that's never blocked before and let me watch him practice blocking for a day I can pretty much tell you if the guy will ever be able to get it. It's much more attitude than technique, especially at the non-offensive line spots.

As a WR, Hines Ward had some of the worst technique I have ever seen as a blocker, but he introduced a lot of guys to little birdies with a proper attitude about blocking.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cleveland Browns' receiver Terrelle Pryor another great athlete who doesn't fit NFL's mold: Bill Livingston (photos)

Link
Marvin Fong, The Plain Dealer
Print Email Bill Livingston, The Plain Dealer By Bill Livingston, The Plain Dealer
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on June 27, 2015 at 3:36 PM, updated June 28, 2015 at 7:32 AM

Reddit

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Terrelle Pryor, would-be Browns receiver, was not an NFL quarterback. He was inaccurate with his passes, especially on daisy-cutters that he threw over the middle to rangy tight ends.

At 6-6, 240, Pryor has the height and high school basketball background to use body angles and box-out techniques the way Jordan Cameron, a basketball/football star in college, did in his Pro Bowl season at tight end with the Browns.

The Browns claimed Pryor on waivers this week. Apparently, the idea of playing him at receiver sprang from the touchdown pass he caught from Todd Boeckman on a gadget play in the Fiesta Bowl after Pryor's freshman season of 2008.

Better than Troy

Pryor has bounced around the NFL since both captivating and repelling Ohio State fans by his play on the field and his entitlement attitude off it. Off the field, he was the first anti-Tim Tebow, the saintly Florida Heisman winner, at least until Jameis Winston began splattering rap sheets with far worse conduct at Florida State.

Pryor was a far greater talent than Troy Smith, who won the Heisman Trophy at Ohio State while Pryor did not. Maybe if Pryor hadn't been the center of the memorabilia-for-tattoos scandal, he would have returned as a senior at Ohio State and won it the year before Browns back-up quarterback Johnny Manziel did at Texas A&M..

The spread and the quarterbacks

If Pryor had played for Urban Meyer in his spread offense, he might have been a lock.

In the spread, Pryor would have had fewer tacklers to beat. He could have gotten more easily to the edge of the defense, which he often reached with his deceptive speed in Jim Tressel's more conservative offense anyway.

He would have had more space in which to freelance, as he did on his critical, 13-yard, fourth-and-10 run at Iowa in 2010, cutting back from the 50-yard line all the way across the field to save the season.

The quarterback for three straight Ohio State teams that won or shared the Big Ten championship on the field, Pryor was the Most Valuable Player on the field of two BCS bowls. Pryor has the size of Tebow, Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger and Cardale Jones. The latter was the Ohio State and Glenville College Football Playoff revelation.

Read and react

Tressel recruited Pryor with the promise that he could play quarterback in a pro style attack to prepare for the NFL. But Tressel, who was forced out in the wake of the tattoos scandal cover-up, also gave Pryor a heavy dose of read-option plays.

Pryor might have won the Heisman if he had stayed and Ohio State had played the spread.
The play is dependent on the action of the defensive end. It is the pick-and-roll of college football with a high rate of success if read properly. It is seldom used in the NFL because of the injury potential when a quarterback runs.

Neck rubs

Unfortunately, like Tebow, Pryor had a passing touch that needed work. Pryor's fumble as a freshman cost the Penn State game in 2008 on a nationally televised, night game stage.

Afterward, Nick "Neck Rub" Siciliano, the replacement for cancer stricken Joe Daniels as quarterback coach, comforted a distraught Pryor by muttering, "It's OK, T," time and again while rubbing the player's neck. As a QB guru, he was a great masseur.

But the sclerotic NFL thinking refuses to embrace the spread.

In basketball terms, the NFL is still playing low-post power ball instead of the three-point-centric game of arc shooters enhancing the amount of attacking space around the rim.

The only NFL coach to embrace the spread wholeheartedly is iconoclastic Chip Kelly, the former Oregon coach who is giving Tebow a chance. Kelly is viewed as a wingnut in the NFL.

The price of the pocket

The biggest problem with the traditional NFL approach is that some of the most intriguing, entertaining, polarizing and fascinating players in college football, such as Tebow and Manziel, Newton (and current Heisman winner Marcus Mariota), have to unlearn habits and reads they have practiced since middle school. They would ask Pryor to play in a strait jacket.

In the NFL, they must play either under center or while rooted in the pocket, like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, neither of whom was ever athletic enough to scramble in the first place.

The cost ineffectiveness of two different systems of play at the most important position in the game can't be understated.

Maybe some day a college quarterback will come out of the spread with a strong, but disciplined arm; able to throw the intermediate ball with precision and the deep one with touch; able to unleash it without complicated loops and wasted motion in his release; big enough to see downfield in the pocket and with Roethlisberger's strength to shrug off blitzers; able to run effectively when needed, but not as soon as a play breaks down.

That player could be Cardale Jones.

Such a player should not have to learn the care and maintenance of the tedious old wheel from the axle grease up.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Good read many good points made

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It has worked so far, right?

We shall see.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Thanks for a good read. Take it to the field. We will see soon enough.

Said before, you could do worse for the PS IMO.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Antonio Brown, Randy Moss will train Terrelle Pryor

Terrelle Pryor failed to find a place in the NFL as a quarterback. Now, he’s turned to becoming a wide receiver, and has signed with Cleveland Browns.

Pryor knows that he’s a long shot to land on the Browns’ 53-man roster, and that’s why he’s decided to receive training from two of the best possible teachers. Pryor told The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that he’s planning on training with NFL legend Randy Moss and current Pittsburgh Steelers’ star Antonio Brown.

“I’m going to give this slash-player deal a chance,” Pryor told Trib Total Media on Thursday night. “I just want to play football. I’m a playmaker, and I believe if I can touch the ball, I can go to the house, especially if I have space. This should definitely open up some opportunities.”

Moss played in the NFL for 14 seasons, having gone for over 15,000 receiving yards and nearly 1,000 catches. Brown is one of the best current receivers in the NFL, leading the league in receptions and yards last season.

“The thing that helps me is that I played quarterback, and I know what the quarterback wants,” Pryor said.

“What I’ve got to work on is the specifics, cutting in and out of the breaks. Athletically, I believe I can do anything on the field. When I get on the field, I may not be the best, but I always feel like I am. I bring that mindset. I work my hardest to be the best I can at that position.”

http://sportsglory.com/nfl/seahawks/antonio-brown-randy-moss-will-train-terrelle-pryor/44300

V
Legend
Legend
V
How old is Livingston? I am wondering if he is senile? Man, what a POC article. A bunch of random thoughts and reflections that don't make coherent sense. And he gets paid for that. crazy

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
Antonio Brown, Randy Moss will train Terrelle Pryor

Terrelle Pryor failed to find a place in the NFL as a quarterback. Now, he’s turned to becoming a wide receiver, and has signed with Cleveland Browns.

Pryor knows that he’s a long shot to land on the Browns’ 53-man roster, and that’s why he’s decided to receive training from two of the best possible teachers. Pryor told The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that he’s planning on training with NFL legend Randy Moss and current Pittsburgh Steelers’ star Antonio Brown.

“I’m going to give this slash-player deal a chance,” Pryor told Trib Total Media on Thursday night. “I just want to play football. I’m a playmaker, and I believe if I can touch the ball, I can go to the house, especially if I have space. This should definitely open up some opportunities.”

Moss played in the NFL for 14 seasons, having gone for over 15,000 receiving yards and nearly 1,000 catches. Brown is one of the best current receivers in the NFL, leading the league in receptions and yards last season.

“What I’ve got to work on is the specifics, cutting in and out of the breaks. Athletically, I believe I can do anything on the field. When I get on the field, I may not be the best, but I always feel like I am. I bring that mindset. I work my hardest to be the best I can at that position.”

http://sportsglory.com/nfl/seahawks/antonio-brown-randy-moss-will-train-terrelle-pryor/44300

Id rather see him training with Bowe, Hartline, Hawkins, and Gabriel....ya know his actual teamamates.

#brownsgoodkarma
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:
Id rather see him training with Bowe, Hartline, Hawkins, and Gabriel....ya know his actual teamamates.

And he'll have all summer to do that once players reconvene back in Berea. Right now, they're scattered all over the globe.

I think it's more than alright that he's working with studs at the WR position to train with. I think it would also make sense if he trains with, or at least learn from, someone who made the transition to WR from QB-- like a Randel-El, Hines Ward, etc.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Pryor is a great athlete here is to hoping he becomes a great WR in CLEVELAND ... thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We have resorted to making QB's into WR's?

We are at an all time low.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
We have resorted to making QB's into WR's?

We are at an all time low.

No one complained when they tried it with Cribbs. catfight

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How did that turn out?

Legend
Legend
How did that turn out?

Who was the last Cleveland Brown WR to catch a TD pass in the pro Bowl game? grin

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
How did that turn out?

Who was the last Cleveland Brown WR to catch a TD pass in the pro Bowl game? grin

alex mack?

V
Legend
Legend
V
He said WR.

Look, I will criticize the FO when they make stupid moves but I don't see how giving Pryor a shot at WR or a Flex guy is worthy of saying we have reached an all-time low.

The guy is a good athlete. He has great measurables. We didn't trade for him. It didn't cost us a draft pick. What's there to lose?

The odds are long that he'll make the team, but it's worth a shot.

R
All Pro
All Pro
R
Josh Cribbs

I see and hear everything. Now where did I put my white cane, and my hearing aid?
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Referee2
Josh Cribbs

i really did forget that.

E
Legend
Legend
E
new time low...I know we are joining low teams like Pats Edelman n Steelers Randel El

Look if he gets it we have a hugry Calvin type WR if he doesnt, he took one of 90 Roster spot for a couple of months .

My fear now is that he doesn't make it and the Steelers pick him up and he becomes a star for them.

jmhFear

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

R
Legend
Legend
R
How old is Livingston? I am wondering if he is senile? Man, what a POC article. A bunch of random thoughts and reflections that don't make coherent sense. And he gets paid for that. crazy

That was about one of the worst articles I've ever read.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

That was about one of the worst articles I've ever read.

Whenever I see Bill Livingston or Bud Shaw, I move along and don't event consider reading it. This article is no different. I don't even know what is being discussed....seriously.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Terrelle Pryor used the words "slash player" Tuesday to describe his role with the Cleveland, an interesting choice given the Browns were adamant he would work only at receiver when training camp opens next month.

Pryor hinted otherwise in an interview posted on Triblive.com.

"I'm going to give this slash player deal a chance," Pryor said.

That raises the possibility that the former Ohio State quarterback will be working at positions other than receiver for the Browns.

The "slash" role was developed by former Pittsburgh Steeler Kordell Stewart, who spent his pre-quarterback days as a receiver/quarterback/running back -- thus the slash designation.

"I just want to play football," Pryor told Trib Total Media. "I'm a playmaker, and I believe if I can touch the ball, I can go to the house, especially if I have space. This should definitely open up some opportunities."

Pryor also said he will give his all when working at receiver, pointing out he called Steelers Pro Bowl wideout Antonio Brown after he was released by the Cincinnati Bengals on June 18. Pryor will work out with Brown and Randy Moss before the Browns begin training camp in late July.

The Browns claimed Pryor on waivers June 22 after the Bengals had released him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13173838/terrelle-pryor-calls-role-cleveland-browns-slash-player

E
Legend
Legend
E
Well I heard I think maybe a board or article mention the position TE.

I did hear something about Kick off return. I heard about Jet/End arounds. I don't remember anything about Wildcat except somebody describing Cribbs.

I hope the kid makes it. Cause he is a Special Prospect in those regards.

jmho

Last edited by eotab; 06/30/15 04:26 PM.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: eotab
Well I heard I think maybe a board or article mention the position TE.

I did hear something about Kick off return. I heard about Jet/End arounds. I don't remember anything about Wildcat except somebody describing Cribbs.

I hope the kid makes it. Cause he is a Special Prospect in those regards.

jmho

cannot teach size and speed. jmo.

A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c

Pryor seems to have a very long stride. Anyone else notice that?

His natural "run" makes him look slow because of that - imo. I know he's fast, but will his long stride affect his route running/cutting ability?

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns claim Terrelle Pryor

Link Copied to Clipboard