Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
It certainly could be just that, but I don't know where Gordon's head is at anymore, I really don't.

Being a member of ETOP ( Ethical Treatment of Potatoes)
I resent this generalization and am looking to have this removed.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
It certainly could be just that, but I don't know where Gordon's head is at anymore, I really don't.

I consider ^that^ very very very funny. Thanks for the laugh! thumbsup

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
That's great, Mr. Potato head....sweet...he's got the brains of a potato for sure...IF he ever gets reinstated I hope he isn't allowed in building and is traded for something....even a 5 lb bag of spuds....he's lost the right to wear a Browns uniform....let some other sucker team give him a shot.....Pryor, think he can catch, but can he take licks....preseason will tell...once a QB always a QB...does he want it enough...time will tell....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
Terrell Pryor will be the surprise player of the NFL in 2015!!!

Potato head II prediction?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

Pryor is an amazing athlete. What a lot of people do not remember was just how talented he was in basketball. He was offered a basketball scholarship at Kentucky coming out of high school. He can make the transition to WR.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

Pryor is an amazing athlete. What a lot of people do not remember was just how talented he was in basketball. He was offered a basketball scholarship at Kentucky coming out of high school. He can make the transition to WR.

Athletically he can do it. It's a matter of whether he can learn the details of the position. Pryor is not the sharpest tool in the shed, so I really hope he can get it and become a great WR. We definitely need it and he is the one guy besides Gordon who has the ability to completely dominate.

E
Legend
Legend
E

All I know is the one on the left can "solve our Energy Problem - it runs a clock" - PENNY

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Legend
Legend
D
Pryor posted up a picture, and one of the people in it was none only but Josh Gordon.

Pryor, please don't take any off-field advice from that dude lol...

Legend
Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ft-to-receiver/

Randy Moss, Josh Gordon helping Terrelle Pryor in shift to receiver
Posted by Josh Alper on July 19, 2015, 9:51 AM EDT
Terrelle Pryor AP

If Terrelle Pryor is able to make a successful transition to wide receiver for the Browns this season, some fans might find themselves wondering what the team’s offense would be like with Josh Gordon on the other side of the field from the erstwhile quarterback.

They can get a little bit of a taste of how that might look by checking out Pryor’s Instagram feed. Pryor has been posting pictures of his pre-camp workouts recently, some of which include Gordon in the group of players that have been working out together this month.

Gordon, who is suspended for the 2015 season, is not the only wideout that Pryor has been able to look to for advice. Randy Moss, Mike Evans and Antonio Brown are also involved in the workouts, giving Pryor several brains to pick for advice about how to make an impact for Cleveland in 2015.

Pryor said earlier this month that there aren’t “a lot of guys who work like I work” while discussing what he needs to do to prepare himself for his new role. The pictures and videos of Pryor pulling sleds, working on running routes, tracking deep balls and making one-handed catches show that he’s trying to back that up as he gets himself ready for the July 30 start of Browns training camp.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, it has been awhile, maybe Pryor has grown up...BUT don't forget he's the guy who screwed up OSU and Tressel...and saying, "no one works like me" or something like that sure sounds like...look at me, ain't I great....HOPE he knows this is nearly his last shot at a continued big NFL CHECK...and if he thinks he's the only one working...LOL...sad, just sad....GO Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

LOL..........you simply can't make this stuff up.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Why is this a bad thing Vers? No question there is productivity there. Similar height and Weight characteristics as well.

I can understand the off field concerns, as Moss and Gordon aren't the best role models, but their productivity and overcoming similar challenges in terms of height, weight, and speed can't be overlooked. The way I look at it, this is a win for both Pryor and the Browns.

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It's not a bad thing. We have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain. If he can learn how to play wr with these guys the more power to him.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ft-to-receiver/

Posted by Josh Alper on July 19, 2015, 9:51 AM EDT
Terrelle Pryor AP

If Terrelle Pryor is able to make a successful transition to wide receiver for the Browns this season, some fans might find themselves wondering what the team’s offense would be like with Josh Gordon on the other side of the field from the erstwhile quarterback.

They can get a little bit of a taste of how that might look by checking out Pryor’s Instagram feed. Pryor has been posting pictures of his pre-camp workouts recently, some of which include Gordon in the group of players that have been working out together this month.

Gordon, who is suspended for the 2015 season, is not the only wideout that Pryor has been able to look to for advice. Randy Moss, Mike Evans and Antonio Brown are also involved in the workouts, giving Pryor several brains to pick for advice about how to make an impact for Cleveland in 2015.

Pryor said earlier this month that there aren’t “a lot of guys who work like I work” while discussing what he needs to do to prepare himself for his new role. The pictures and videos of Pryor pulling sleds, working on running routes, tracking deep balls and making one-handed catches show that he’s trying to back that up as he gets himself ready for the July 30 start of Browns training camp.

GOOD! Now that he is all schooled up, let's trade him for Mike Evans!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I didn't say it was a bad thing. I just think it is zany.

Pryor had character issues at Ohio State. He lied and left the university high and dry.

He is working out w/two guys that have MAJOR character concerns. Neither Gordon or Moss are/were good route runners. They both relied on pure athletic ability. Both were known for their questionable work ethic and poor practice habits. Both have been accused for dogging it on the field.

Of all the guys out there, why the hell would you choose Gordon and Moss to help you? Seriously, I can hardly think of two worse guys to work out with.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
+1, exactly...two guys with the me spirit and team comes last...nice hookup....Go Browns!!!!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Pryor had character issues at Ohio State. He lied and left the university high and dry.

He is working out w/two guys that have MAJOR character concerns. Neither Gordon or Moss are/were good route runners. They both relied on pure athletic ability. Both were known for their questionable work ethic and poor practice habits. Both have been accused for dogging it on the field.

Of all the guys out there, why the hell would you choose Gordon and Moss to help you? Seriously, I can hardly think of two worse guys to work out with.

Well, the first (and probably most important thing) to remember is that Pryor, Gordon, and Brown all have the same agent.

This is where they are working out: http://randymossacademy.com/

I'd agree with you if this was February... or if Pryor had already been a wideout for a year or two, but if you're 6'4" with 4.5 speed and no experience playing receiver, and you have 30 days to make enough of an impression on an NFL club to stick on a 53-man roster, who would be better to learn how to use your skillset from than Moss and Gordon?

If he somehow makes the team and lasts the year, then he should spend more time next offseason with other guys who are more complete receivers... but in terms of trying to get his foot in the door I think it makes sense to model his game initially after these guys. Or at least do enough to convince the team that he is on a trajectory in that direction.

Legend
Legend

yea, why would he work out with one of the most legendary WR in the history of the league? and why we he work out with the most recent WR that set franchise records for us?

Moss, Gordon, and Pryor are similar builds. you can say what you want about route running, but they still did little things to get open in the first place.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO....Your two, Moss and Gordon...most of their big plays outran DBs or caught quick screen or slant then outran them....both of your guys HUGE character flaws, Pryor fits right in....better than those two, Calvin Johnson, A J Green, Julio Jones, Larry Fitz...all those would be better in my opinion....GO Browns!!!!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: hittman
JMHO....Your two, Moss and Gordon...most of their big plays outran DBs or caught quick screen or slant then outran them....both of your guys HUGE character flaws, Pryor fits right in....better than those two, Calvin Johnson, A J Green, Julio Jones, Larry Fitz...all those would be better in my opinion....GO Browns!!!!

Are Johnson, Green, Jones or Fitz available to assist? If so, I agree, if not, then it's moot

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Moss Academy’s Coach Brewington: Terrelle Pryor “Looks Like A Phenom”, Moss Teaching Him “How To Be Great”

Randy Moss Academy Director of Football Operations, Coach Rodney Brewington, joined Baskin & Phelps Tuesday to discuss Terrelle Pryor & Josh Gordon working out with Moss at the Academy, what exactly the camps are and their goal for NFL players and youth, and more.

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2015/07/21...ow-to-be-great/

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
E
Legend
Legend
E
One of my fears is Pryor gets cut and the Steelers pick him up and he becomes a terror for many years. banghead

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Listened to Rodney tell us Pryor is learning to be great from Moss...LOL...really like Moss working with 6th thru 12th grader AND emphasis on academics....sweet...an education can't be taken away....knee injury can end your career...hope Pryor wins a spot...he will have to earn it....GO Browns!!!!

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Jul 26, 2015 | 10:36 am

Browns WR Terrelle Pryor Working With McCown

Andrea Hangst
OBR Analyst
link

New Browns wide receiver Terrelle Pryor worked out with his quarterback, Josh McCown, at the Randy Moss Academy last week, and Josh Gordon was also there to catch passes from McCown.

Newly-minted Cleveland Browns wide receiver Terrelle Pryor did not have to wait until training camp to get to know his new quarterback, Josh McCown. Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reported on Saturday that along with Randy Moss—and, until recently, the Pittsburgh Steelers' Antonio Brown—Pryor had been catching passes from McCown at the Randy Moss Academy in North Carolina.
Pryor wasn't the only Browns receiver there, reports Cabot. The indefinitely-suspended Josh Gordon has also been at the Moss Academy intermittently throughout the summer and was also catching passes from McCown last week. Pryor tweeted a photo of himself, Gordon and McCown on Friday, captioned, "First time. Catching this week from a NFL quarterback on actual routes and we cleaned it up good. No balls on the [ground]!!"
He also said in a Friday interview on BuckeyeXtra971 with Tim Hall and Beanie Wells that things went well in his sessions with McCown, saying, "I just got done throwing for the past few days with Josh McCown and he's kind of saying 'hey on this play, we have inside routes and outside we have this route. I was pretty sharp and stuff from just looking at the playbook for the last month. I knew a lot of the stuff he was talking about and we were pretty much on the same page and I don't think there was one ball on the ground after a 100 or something balls."
It will be a steep learning curve for Pryor to transition from his lifelong position of quarterback to wide receiver over the course of the Browns' upcoming training camp. But it's good news that he’s getting a head start on working with McCown. It's also good news that Gordon is staying in football shape, ready to return whenever the NFL deems it the right time to reinstate him. McCown and Pryor will continue to build chemistry when the Browns’ camp opens to the full roster later in the week.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Terrelle Pryor: I believe in my heart that I’m going to be the best

Posted by Josh Alper on July 29, 2015, 8:44 AM EDT
Terrelle Pryor AP

As part of his transition to wide receiver, Terrelle Pryor spent time working out this offseason with Randy Moss, Antonio Brown, Mike Evans and Josh Gordon and that training has helped his confidence heading into training camp with the Browns.

Pryor said that watching those players go through the workouts made him realize “there’s some stuff I look very similar with my cuts” and bolstered his belief that he can be a very successful NFL wideout.

“I believe I can do this,” Pryor said, via Cleveland.com. “When I work out and when I train to do something, I don’t do it just to be OK. I believe in my heart with my God-given ability that I’m going to be the best. That’s not being arrogant or cocky. No one outworks me, so I believe in my heart if I put my mind to anything, I can accomplish it. I believe you have to have that edge.”

Pryor also spent some time catching passes from Browns quarterback Josh McCown and getting a grasp on the team’s offense. Some of that has been made easier by his past relationship with offensive coordinator John DeFilippo, who coached Pryor in Oakland and is using a playbook that Pryor feels familiar with early in his time with the club.

A familiar scheme and Pryor’s athletic ability should help him acclimate himself into the offense this summer, but there are sure to be rough spots for a player switching to an entirely new position at this level. Pryor’s ability to overcome and learn from those obstacles will determine how high he can climb as a receiver and the Browns’ need for more firepower on offense should provide him ample opportunities to prove he can do it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...to-be-the-best/

For a guy who may not even make a team w/lousy WRs, he sure gets quoted a lot.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Buckeye nation eats it up.

Legend
Legend
For a guy who may not even make a team w/lousy WRs, he sure gets quoted a lot.

I agree.

The sad part is he's got as many or more NFL TDs than anyone on the Browns other than McCown and Bowe, at any position.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: clevesteve

The sad part is he's got as many or more NFL TDs than anyone on the Browns other than McCown and Bowe, at any position.

Ouch... that is pretty sad.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: hittman
Listened to Rodney tell us Pryor is learning to be great from Moss...LOL...really like Moss working with 6th thru 12th grader AND emphasis on academics....sweet...an education can't be taken away....knee injury can end your career...hope Pryor wins a spot...he will have to earn it....GO Browns!!!!

I hope he gets a spot too. We shall see.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Sat is first big test, can he take a lick, with pads on, against DBs trying to change his route, etc., etc....good news is he didn't drop balls and looked good in shorts.....fighting for his NFL life, he could make it....time will tell.....GO Browns!!!!

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Terrelle Pryor: Just trying to use the ability he's been given

BEREA, Ohio -- It’s easy to make too much of Terrelle Pryor as he attempts to make the move from quarterback to wide receiver for the Cleveland Browns.

Pryor’s attempted move is fraught with challenges and remains a most difficult climb.

But it’s not easy to avoid getting caught up in the intrigue.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck … well, Pryor looked like a receiver in his first practice with his new team. This was without pads, and without physical press coverage and without sophisticated defensive approaches. But it was a step.

Afterward, he handled media questions with confidence, aplomb and the right mix of confidence and grace.

There was just something about him, which should have been evident when Pryor spent a good part of his downtime working in Charlotte with Randy Moss, Josh Gordon, Antonio Brown and other NFL receivers, learning the nuances of the position. A guy who is doing something with a shrug doesn’t dedicate himself to that regimen in the middle of summer downtime.

“I think we can all obtain our goals,” Pryor said Wednesday. “It’s the effort and how you go about the task.”

Pryor explained his decision to move from quarterback this way: “Why not try to use the ability that God gave me?”

He said since he left the Raiders as a quarterback, he’s found himself in logjams at quarterback with other teams. Rather than fight that uphill battle, he chose to fight a new one at receiver.

“To be a quarterback in this league and be successful you have to have a lot of reps,” Pryor said. “You have to. There’s not a lot that really separates guys but reps, I think, that experience.”

Pryor decided the chance wasn’t coming.

“I’m not going to keep on pursuing something and then turn 30 years old, 32, and I have no chance,” he said. “Why not use the God-given ability that I have?”

That ability, as he summed it up, is size, good hands and the ability to run away from people as a receiver.

“I don’t think a lot of guys can run with me,” he said.

Cornerback Joe Haden marveled at Pryor’s size and stride, and called his move to receiver “legit.” Quarterback Josh McCown said “the skill set is there.” Fellow receiver Brian Hartline said that Pryor faces a tall task trying to jam years of learning into a six-week time frame,

The notion at first sounded nuts, like a typical scheme by a losing team desperate for playmakers. Now, after seeing Pryor on the field and hearing him and seeing what he’s putting into it, it doesn’t seem nearly as crazy.

It’s still a long shot, but it’s an intriguing one that bears watching.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns...-hes-been-given

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
It's not a bad thing. We have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain. If he can learn how to play wr with these guys the more power to him.

Well, Meathead will certainly teach him something. Though I have the feeling it will be how to load a bong and possibly how to mix up some "purple drank". smile

What's sad to me is, Pryor is perhaps the best QB on the roster. He's way better than Johnny Rehab at present. He most certainly knows the offense better than anyone coming in to camp. So of COURSE we will play him exclusively at WR.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
C
1st String
1st String
C
Myself,I'm of the firm belief that when you need serious talent at WR...you draft it.
Well,obviously that wish of mine continues to be flushed down the toilet. So,Pyror it is...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
But Teddy is the savior of the NFL!

I'd take him in a HEARTBEAT over Johnny Dumbass.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Chrispierce
Myself,I'm of the firm belief that when you need serious talent at WR...you draft it.
Well,obviously that wish of mine continues to be flushed down the toilet. So,Pyror it is...

I'm with you on that. But as long as Ray Farmer is our GM we will never draft a WR above the 5th round. Probably never draft a WR period. So you might as well get used to a string of aging veteran WR's coming and going through Cleveland. At least this years crop is marginally better than last years was. smile

Last edited by Spiritbro77; 07/30/15 07:45 PM.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog

Well, Meathead will certainly teach him something. Though I have the feeling it will be how to load a bong and possibly how to mix up some "purple drank". smile

What's sad to me is, Pryor is perhaps the best QB on the roster. He's way better than Johnny Rehab at present. He most certainly knows the offense better than anyone coming in to camp. So of COURSE we will play him exclusively at WR.

Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 8h8 hours ago
#Browns WR Terrelle Pryor said he's so familiar with OC John DeFilippo's playbook that younger WRs on team are asking him questions.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Evaluating Pryor on the first day of camp is expected, but it probably doesn't mean much.

He is obviously athletic, tall, fast, talented, etc.

Here is what is unknown:

--Can he get inside position when running slants and other passes across the middle?

--Can he beat press coverage?

--Can he get out of his breaks quickly?

--Can he make hot reads and sight adjustments?

--Will he recognize zone coverages and know when to break his routes off?

--Will he run precise routes or simply round them off?

These are the pressing questions that won't be answered until we see him in live action.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
j/c:

Evaluating Pryor on the first day of camp is expected, but it probably doesn't mean much.

Here is what is unknown:

--Can he get inside position when running slants and other passes across the middle?

These are the pressing questions that won't be answered until we see him in live action.

i would think none of those things right now. but it would not surprise me if he was as good as gordon at this time when he first came to the browns as a rookie.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
j/c:

Here is what is unknown:

Totally Agree! I can't believe what I read in the media. They make it sound like you can pull any Joe off the street and coach up. Attention Folks it is the NFL. Best of the best play in this league. You count on one hand players who succeeded doing what Pryor is wanting to do.

Being a positive guy, I like seeing Pryor succeed, like most, but in reality, Pryor has little chance making it. Heartline said it well Pryor is attempting something most players developed in 15 years falling short making a team.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Originally Posted By: Chrispierce

I'm with you on that. But as long as Ray Farmer is our GM we will never draft a WR above the 5th round. Probably never draft a WR period. So you might as well get used to a string of aging veteran WR's coming and going through Cleveland. At least this years crop is marginally better than last years was. smile

Not to nitpick, but we drafted a 4th round receiver this year. I do wish we would draft a receiver earlier, but it's only been 2 drafts. There is plenty of time for more down the road.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns claim Terrelle Pryor

Link Copied to Clipboard