Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Terrence West, K'wan WIlliams, Terrelle Pryor not in pads, so far.

Just read an article where Pryor thinks he may have tweaked his hammy a little and said he will probably take a day as a precaution, so I wouldn't expect him to be in pads at all today.

As I have said many times before, I would hire a yoga instructor as a full time coach and have stretching about as big a emphasis as lifting weights, especially for the positions who use fast burst running as a big part of their game.

Yup - Yoga and A.R.T. (active release therapy), and make them mandatory.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree. It may just be db's, backs, and receivers. Those are the guys who pull the most muscles. Lineman don't usually have that problem.

I am not saying strength isn't important, but I don't think those positions rely on strength as much as the other positions. Everybody would need to participate, but a few positions could probably skip the lifting a day or two a week and concentrate on muscle flexibility.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Many athletes forget/fail to go easy enough on easy days, and that is when injuries happen. Too many days in a row with too much intensity will break the body down; proper recovery is the single most important - and most overlooked - part of training for anything.

Browns is the Browns

E
Legend
Legend
E
Me I would have them in a Giant Jacuzzi on the way out...and a Giant Ice Bath on the way in wink

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Legend
Legend
D
I listened to both of TP's full pressers, he seems and sounds very hungry...

Legend
Legend
I would also invest in a good Hyperbaric chamber as well. (or 2, or 3)

Man, there are almost miraculous healing from many different kinds of injuries using this kind of therapy.

People also seem to feel energized after a treatment. If I played in the NFL, I would would probably buy one for myself at home, and get myself oxygenated prior to games. It certainly can't hurt, and it isn't against the rules.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Pryor is going to make this team.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I could be wrong, but I was thinking Hartline had one of those while at OSU Ytown

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask
I could be wrong, but I was thinking Hartline had one of those while at OSU Ytown

IIRC that was Anthony Gonzales

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: clevesteve

and Michael Jackson used to sleep in one.

Browns is the Browns

A
Legend
Legend
A
I could tell you a few stories about Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment. They're all good stories, also.

I doubt I would BUY one if I were a player, but I'd sure use one.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: clevesteve

Thanks,

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
On KNR they mentioned that Hartline and Pryor aren't the best of friends, something about during their time at osu, anyone know what's up with that?

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946
On KNR they mentioned that Hartline and Pryor aren't the best of friends, something about during their time at osu, anyone know what's up with that?

No idea, but I don't see that it matters. One isn't throwing to the other anymore.

I would suspect any friction would be normal type stuff. The QB thinks the guy drops too many passes, the receiver thinks the QB doesn't look to throw his way. Pryor being a running type to boot could have caused friction. Pryor may have felt Hartline didn't block for him and Hartline felt Pryor would run when he was wide open. None of that to worry about anymore.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
I would say it is more likely it has to do w/all the stupid moves Pryor made that tarnished the university and then how he lied about things afterwards.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
+1...JMHO, a pro's pro isn't going to enjoy spin, JMHO, Pryor isn't in same class as Gordon, but his character isn't all glitter and shine....I hope he succeeds, but ANY contract with him should have SPECIFIC defaults for non-football issues.....GO Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I would say it is more likely it has to do w/all the stupid moves Pryor made that tarnished the university and then how he lied about things afterwards.

That too. I wasn't even thinking about that stuff since I don't follow OSU all that closely anymore. Good call.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

It's a funny thing, the other day, former OSU coach Jim Tressel was at the Browns training facility and was asked about Pryor. It sounded like all honey and roses from him when he spoke of Pryor. He made a comment (and I'm paraphrasing here) that Pryor will probably be VERY excited to get to the Horseshoe to play again.

Although, I thought I read somewhere on here that due to a hammy, Pryor may not play. I could be wrong about that.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Man, there are almost miraculous healing from many different kinds of injuries using this kind of therapy.

People also seem to feel energized after a treatment. If I played in the NFL, I would would probably buy one for myself at home, and get myself oxygenated prior to games. It certainly can't hurt, and it isn't against the rules.

TO credited an HB as the reason he could play in the Super Bowl. Also said it helped lengthen his career.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946

They don't have to be, they just need to be solid coworkers and teammates.
That doesn't require friendship, just professionalism.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

The "feeling energized" bit is almost certainly simply the result of a high oxygen saturation level due to being under pressure, and it likely fades as rapidly as the body returns to a normal saturation level (probably within about 20 minutes). Basically - that part is just lipstick on a pig, there's nothing to it; nothing lasting, anyway.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
'A former NFL starting quarterback is making one-handed catches and generating a ton of hype after switching to wide receiver'

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/former-nfl-starting-quarterback-making-173745622.html

P.S. The best thing about that article is all the positive comments below it. I think I'm a catchin' that Browns fever, IT'S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR! thumbsup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pettine: Terrelle Pryor's window with team narrowing

Link

Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine threw a warning shot Terrelle Pryor's way after Saturday's practice, but it's hard to catch anything when you're stuck on the sidelines with a hamstring injury.

"That window narrows every day that he's not out there," Pettine said, in reference to Pryor's absence from Browns camp, according to Mary Kay Cabot of The Plain Dealer.

Pettine and the Browns certainly took a flyer on Pryor when they signed him in an attempt to convert him into a wide receiver. Now, it looks like he's running out of chances. Pryor hasn't appeared in either of Cleveland's preseason games and the dreaded Cut Day is looming right around the turn of the month.

Coming back from a hamstring injury at the wide receiver position would be taxing for any NFL veteran. But when you're a converted wideout -- like Pryor is -- it must be an entirely different struggle.

Regardless, Pryor should heed Pettine's words and take them personally. If he doesn't get back on the practice field in Berea, his NFL career could be in danger. shocked

Legend
Legend
I wish he'd get healthy already. We need at least one tall receiver on the team with good hands.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Vambo

Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine threw a warning shot Terrelle Pryor's way after Saturday's practice, but it's hard to catch anything when you're stuck on the sidelines with a hamstring injury.

"That window narrows every day that he's not out there," Pettine said, in reference to Pryor's absence from Browns camp...

... Pryor should heed Pettine's words and take them personally. If he doesn't get back on the practice field in Berea, his NFL career could be in danger. shocked

Just how is he supposed to "heed" Pettine's "warning shot"? Is he supposed to heal himself of a hamstring injury?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ddubia
...Pettine's "warning shot"?

A warning or simply stating the obvious? I suspect the latter...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:
Just how is he supposed to "heed" Pettine's "warning shot"? Is he supposed to heal himself of a hamstring injury?

I've always thought it was strange how football people - and some fans - blame players for being injured. Its like they are either accusing the guy of being a big sissy or malingering / faking it. Hamstrings are very tricky and can take weeks, even months, to heal. I'm sure no one knows better than Pryor that his opportunity is slipping away. If that happens and he gets cut, it won't be because of a lack of effort on his part. I always thought it sucked the way Bill Parcells tried to humiliate Terry Glenn for being injured, referring to him as "she" when asked about Glenn's condition. I know you gotta play hurt, but if an injured hammy gets torn, it could be career ending.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
"warning shot" were the reporters words not Pettine's. He only said the window is closing everyday he's not out there. It's unfortunate that Pryor has been injured but you can't commit a roster spot to an unproven player. Hopefully we can get to see some of him in the next few preseason games, if not he may end up on the practice squad and perhaps his opportunity will come again in the future when he's healthy.

D
Legend
Legend
D
His opportunity is narrowing.

Can't make the club in the tub... especially when in Mike's presser, he eluded to pretty much 100% Moore and Benjamin's roles on ST's - indicating their roles being pretty set.

So if that's actually true, which I think Pettine wouldn't have squeaked it out if not - then Pryor's chances are honestly and truly narrowing.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ddubia
Originally Posted By: Vambo

"That window narrows every day that he's not out there," Pettine said, in reference to Pryor's absence from Browns camp...

... Pryor should heed Pettine's words and take them personally. If he doesn't get back on the practice field in Berea, his NFL career could be in danger. shocked

I was thinking the same thing. If the guy is dinged, what's he supposed to do?

I mean, if Pettine thinks that Pryor is dogging it, then why warn him, cut him.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

People around here expected Peyton Hills to poke grin

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Quote:

People around here expected Peyton Hills to poke grin

Is Pryor out dunking the football over the goal post while he's "healing"? grin

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Not in Public wink

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Well then, he's one up on the White Wino already. wink

#GMSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
J/C
You don't know the contest of the question that lead to this "warning shot".

I don't think it was a warning shot at all aimed at Pryor. I think it is a term coined by the writer. I think it was simply Pettine answering a question from the writer stating that it is going to be hard to keep Pryor if he can't show up in the games. Some of the other receivers are making a statement with their play.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 08/23/15 09:25 AM.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Pettine doesn't seem like the kind of guy to use the media to get a message out to his players. I think if he has a message a player needs to hear he's going to deliver it himself. That's just my impression of the guy.

#GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
it was just a statement of fact. There is only so much time a player has to earn a spot and potential doesn't earn it most of the time. This is one case where I hope it does though because this kids has insane potential without all the character garbage of a josh gordon.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend

Chicago game won't 'make or break' Terrelle Pryor; Other starters will join Josh McCown on bench there

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/08/chicago_game_wont_make_or_brea.html#incart_river

By Mary Kay Cabot, Northeast Ohio Media Group on August 30, 2015 at 5:54 PM, updated August 31, 2015 at 9:33 AM

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Mike Pettine isn't putting undue pressure on receiver Terrelle Pryor to make his debut in the preseason finale Thursday in Chicago.

"I don't want to say make or break,'' said Pettine. "I'm not going to deal with an absolute, saying he has to play, but we want to see him out there. I can't say today that he definitely will, but he should be. He was close to being able to go, and give it another week, we're hopeful he'll be out there and we'll be able to see him."

Pryor returned to practice on a limited basis last week with his strained hamstring, but wasn't ready to run full speed by Saturday night. Rather than risk it, the Browns opted to keep on the sidelines in streetclothes.

He'll survive the first cut from 90 to 75 on Tuesday, and hope he doesn't get a pink slip Saturday during the final trim to 53.

Cornerback Joe Haden believes other teams would give Pryor a chance at receiver if the Browns cut him, and a league source said there will be interest. Two premier receivers have been lost to torn ACLs this season in the Packers' Jordy Nelson and the Panthers' Kelvin Benjman. PIttsburgh's Martavis Barnett is suspended the first four games of the season for violating the substance abuse policy, pending an appeal.

The Browns could use a big body receiver like Pryor because rookie Vince Mayle is coming along slowly after thumb surgery and Dwayne Bowe has missed the most of camp with a hamstring injury.

* Dwayne Bowe's return

Bowe, who started against the Bucs, dropped a pass and appeared to be in the wrong spot on another throw from Josh McCown. He was targeted three times but didn't catch a pass.

"That's a part of two guys together in a new system,'' Pettine said. "They need to play together. (Bowe) didn't have very much practice time. That showed up in the game. This is a tough sport to just walk out there and play. Those guys have to be on the same page and understand where each other is going to be. Hopefully, now that Dwayne is back, we will get some more quality reps with him out there with Josh."

* Johnny Manziel's status

Pettine indicated that Manziel will continue to rest his sore elbow for awhile and not start throwing yet. He had previously been ruled out for Chicago.
"I just think there's a prescribed rest period,'' he said. "I'll get the medical update today, just see what their plan is for him, when to start throwing again. Given that the MRI was negative, we think rest will be the answer. To me, there's no need to think beyond that until we get to that point, and if it looks like it is more than that, then we'll address it appropriately.''

* Other starters will join Josh McCown on the bench

Pettine will try to get out of the Bears game healthy, and will rest other starters in addition to Josh McCown, which he announced in Tampa Saturday night.
"We'll make the decision on the other guys,'' Pettine said. "Some of it's going to depend on who's available, what we need and our position requirements to get through, but we will rest a number of guys on Thursday."

* Caution flag

Pettine reiterated that McCown can't run around and get hit as much as he did in Tampa, when he was hit hard on two of his three runs and drilled once on a sack.
"Much more good than bad (decisions) but just the questionable ones on some of the scrambles and some of the hits he took,'' said Pettine. "They jumped offside on the one and we had a free play, and he ended up taking an unnecessary hit. He's a competitive guy. I knew that it meant a little bit more to him being Tampa. He has to understand that it is a long season and we need him out there."

* Cam Erving will have to wait his turn

Pettine acknowledged that John Greco will likely start the season at right guard.
"I just think that starting five will be difficult to crack so I would say Greco is the leader,'' said Pettine. "It's not a slight against Cam at all. We're very encouraged with where he is and see him being a big part of what we do."

D
Legend
Legend
D
Yeah... fitting his mold of "putting the best player out there, regardless", it would have taken a lot for Greco to have his spot swiped from him. It's not shock he retained his role.

I didn't pay much attention to Erving this last game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:
* Johnny Manziel's status

Pettine indicated that Manziel will continue to rest his sore elbow for awhile and not start throwing yet. He had previously been ruled out for Chicago.
"I just think there's a prescribed rest period,'' he said. "I'll get the medical update today, just see what their plan is for him, when to start throwing again. Given that the MRI was negative, we think rest will be the answer. To me, there's no need to think beyond that until we get to that point, and if it looks like it is more than that, then we'll address it appropriately.''

It sounds like the verbiage is beginning to change about Manzile's arm.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns claim Terrelle Pryor

Link Copied to Clipboard