Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Cjrae
There, I vented. After working all day and praying for the 14 families that lost loved ones, unable to imagine their pain, I still don't feel much better.

Great vent! Had me running behind the couch!

Remember, each person is upset and mad about what has happened and everyone has their own way of dealing with it.

America will handle this terrorism and life will continue for the rest of us. There are no easy answers in this war. We will watch and we will learn what is best to do and we will pray for those affected by this enemy attack.

It has been a long time since America was in a war where the enemy will hit the Homeland from time to time. We will harden and eventually have the leadership to wipe out this enemy.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Swish
you mean the same gutless french leader who is still taking in refugee's?

what a hypocrite to support somebody who goes against what your beliefs are on the situation.

we've been bombing the middle east, even obama, but all of a sudden people wanna ride the french PM's ball sack because what? he dropped a few bombs?

No, I'm speaking of the leader who so fiercely has defended HIS people. No hypicrisy here. All I ever asked for is prudent decision making. Get your facts straight about me or please refrain from referencing me in the future young man.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Sad but probably true, these actions will give the likes of the Donald a boost in the polls.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
man you guys aren't being realistic.

even 40 gets it. you need a search warrant to look at the place, and the cops weren't gonna find anything just popping by as they had no right to enter the house at that point.

it would've led to a massive lawsuit, and who knows how many more people would've gotten killed if they had free cash to by better stuff.

i expect extreme irrational posting come from people who support back yard militias.

i don't expect that from somebody responsible for teaching my kids.

If the cops would have been called to that house before the shooting, all they would have done is talk to the people and leave. If they got the willies over it, they might have started watching them, but that would be it.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
D
Legend
Legend
D
I just heard on the radio (Michael Medved Show) that of the 350-something mass shootings (3 or more people) in 2015, more than 200 were in Chicago, home of the most stringent gun restrictions in America. How many more gangbanger "mass shootings" in LA, Detroit, Cleveland, NY, etc in 2015? The majority of the rest would be my guess. But instead of the narrative being about Islamist terrorism right here on our own soil, its about the predominance of "mass shootings" in the USA, as compared to the largely disarmed European countries. Its a total media distraction, like "hey look, a bunny!". They do NOT want this to be about a terrorist attack on domestic soil.

Last edited by Dave; 12/03/15 07:47 PM.
Legend
Legend
I can't help but mention this but ABC showed the leaders profile from a dating sight he was in.

He describes himself as a Liberal.

Interesting.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: Dave
I just heard on the radio (Michael Medved Show) that of the 350-something mass shootings (3 or more people) in 2015, more than 200 were in Chicago, home of the most stringent gun restrictions in America. How many more gangbanger "mass shootings" in LA, Detroit, Cleveland, NY, etc in 2015? The majority of the rest would be my guess. But instead of the narrative being about Islamist terrorism right here on our own soil, its about the predominance of "mass shootings" in the USA, as compared to the largely disarmed European countries. Its a total media distraction, like "hey look, a bunny!". They do NOT want this to be about a terrorist attack on domestic soil.

Obama will never label this a terrorist attack, it will ruin his record of no islamic terrorist attacks on American soil during his time in office.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I say just give the death sentence to any and all people convicted of Murder. Make the sentence mandatory so judges can't fudge it up. Shoot all appeals to a court right below the supreme court to speed things up. When appeals are up immediately execute.

The next thing I would do that no one will agree with is that if you commit an act of mass murder or terrorism that not only should you be executed but your family as well unless they can show they were trying to stop them through the authorities. This crap where everyone knows Uncle Joe is nuts but don't want to say anything and then he goes to town ... on the town ... needs to be criminal. When you make the penalties severe enough many of these nut cases will think twice and their families will be a lot more ready to turn them in to stop their own punishment for not caring.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:
I wonder how many gun safes there are in the US. That would probably tell you how many people own a significant number of guns.

Bet there isn't enough safes to hold all the responsible law abiding gun owners's fire arms and ammo.

So the better question is how many firearms and how much ammo is just lying around unattended in america's homes.

The more important question is just how much is laying around and at the disposable of the U.s. Government.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1st String
1st String
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
I say just give the death sentence to any and all people convicted of Murder. Make the sentence mandatory so judges can't fudge it up. Shoot all appeals to a court right below the supreme court to speed things up. When appeals are up immediately execute.

The next thing I would do that no one will agree with is that if you commit an act of mass murder or terrorism that not only should you be executed but your family as well unless they can show they were trying to stop them through the authorities. This crap where everyone knows Uncle Joe is nuts but don't want to say anything and then he goes to town ... on the town ... needs to be criminal. When you make the penalties severe enough many of these nut cases will think twice and their families will be a lot more ready to turn them in to stop their own punishment for not caring.

So your solution to stop the mass murder of innocent people is to murder innocent people? Brilliant.

Legend
Legend
Uh, thank God we got us a Constitution. saywhat

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Yep, because in the long run it will help more than it hurts. For instance, When the Jihadist promise to take care of the suicide bombers family after their death they will know that it's a lie if their family is on US soil.

A desperate parent hellbent on killing people is more likely to control himself if he knows his children will pay the price along with him.

Me personally, I could care less. But good policy is always to remove the incentives to do evil and to give incentives to look after the greater good of the people. Families who have that crazy person are more likely to force them to get the help they need than to ignore it. Chances are if they get that mental health help it will avert a worse case scenario. If you can prove the family had no clue or that they were trying to get the nutjob some help then they are off the hook. Combine that with denying mentally unstable people the right to own firearms and it become even more effective.

I'd rather do what is best for the country than to worry about a few crazy people and families to lazy to care about them.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
E
Legend
Legend
E
You should move to North Korea. You'll fit right in.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Sorry Razor, I sense you are upset and I don't blame you but this is America and we don't do stuff like you suggest. We have laws against murder and against cruel and unusual punishment.

Most important of all, we ain't changing who we are over a bunch of dog faced dinks!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
Yep, because in the long run it will help more than it hurts. For instance, When the Jihadist promise to take care of the suicide bombers family after their death they will know that it's a lie if their family is on US soil.

A desperate parent hellbent on killing people is more likely to control himself if he knows his children will pay the price along with him.

Me personally, I could care less. But good policy is always to remove the incentives to do evil and to give incentives to look after the greater good of the people. Families who have that crazy person are more likely to force them to get the help they need than to ignore it. Chances are if they get that mental health help it will avert a worse case scenario. If you can prove the family had no clue or that they were trying to get the nutjob some help then they are off the hook. Combine that with denying mentally unstable people the right to own firearms and it become even more effective.

I'd rather do what is best for the country than to worry about a few crazy people and families to lazy to care about them.

WOW..had a second to check in and this was the first post i got to see.

Why stop there Razor..what if mental health didnt work..what if its a defective gene in the family genome. Screw it lets just sterilize the whole family so it doesnt get handed down..and flog them on national TV. while making them sing the national anthem saywhat

I hope your just having a moment come back reread what you wrote and go why the heck did I post that. God knows I have..

I showed everyone around me your post and not 1 person thought you was sane..or thought it was a joke..till they read it again.

I owe a certain poster on this site an apology..you are not the one furthest out there..I think this post took the title from you...and by faaar.

WTF did I just read saywhat saywhat

Last edited by FBHO71; 12/03/15 10:28 PM.
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
I wouldn't execute family members, but I would be all up in 'em to find out if they knew anything.
Then charge them with whatever the legal term is for 'going along' with it and make sure they got all that was possible to get for 'going along'.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/heres-a-map-of-all-the-mass-shootings-in-2015/

Here is the map from PBS. It appears to me that there were about 13 in Chicago. I think he needs to look at the map again. The other site i referenced earlier had an excel spreadsheet

Legend
Legend
so i should get waterboarded if my family in turkey did something stupid?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
man, some of you guys don't sound like you have any holiness in you.

proving me point that this world is godless.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
You should move to North Korea. You'll fit right in.

Remind me to never cross words with you.

After 45+ years of shaving, I've already learned that 'razor cuts' never hurt at first. But a minute later....
-oh, My God.

...and all that blood in the sink- it's always unnerving to see just how much there really is.
(Kleenex? yeah... right- )

In this particular instance, I'm not even taking content or the particular players into consideration....

-I'm just in awe of the technique.

Neat.
Clean.
Efficient.

[clicks: "bow down low" smiley]

rofl

"too many notes, not enough music-"
D
Legend
Legend
D
I must have misunderstood what he was saying. My bad for not checking. Thanks for the correction.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
So, while I think that there are a lot of causes for such violence in today's world, blaming "more guns" is like blaming an increase in DUIs on us having too many cars.

I don't know why people compare guns to cars because the rate of auto deaths in the US has not shown any major increase..

Maybe it's because there are legal regulations and expectations for driving, yet people still own and drive cars, register their cars yearly and don't assume the government will confiscate them.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: FBHO71
The population thing is a good point and one I was going to make until I realized who I was replying to...
You're welcome!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rockdogg
So, while I think that there are a lot of causes for such violence in today's world, blaming "more guns" is like blaming an increase in DUIs on us having too many cars.

I don't know why people compare guns to cars because the rate of auto deaths in the US has not shown any major increase..

Maybe it's because there are legal regulations and expectations for driving, yet people still own and drive cars, register their cars yearly and don't assume the government will confiscate them.

From too many cars to auto deaths? Be careful, I wouldn't want to see you fall. Leaps like that can be hazardous to your health.

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Maybe it's the gang-bangers are using cars and not guns.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

No maybe its because they kill more people then guns..maybe because they can also be used as a weapon..also just maybe cars are better made better have way better crash ratings is my guess why the death rates have stayed similar even with the boom in population.

For anyone interested...guess this doesnt fit your narrative the first page is pretty interesting..

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fv9311.pdf

don't assume the government will confiscate them.

Assumptions??

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/oct/5/editorial-obama-aims-for-confiscation-of-private-a/

Last edited by FBHO71; 12/04/15 08:31 AM.
Legend
Legend
For the ziillionith time on this board, that is a logical fallacy.

Cars were not created with the intention to kill/neutralize a target. Cars were create to get driver and passenger from point a to point b.

A guns specific purpose, it's original creation was to kill or neutralize a target it was aimed at.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
For the ziillionith time on this board, that is a logical fallacy.

Cars were not created with the intention to kill/neutralize a target. Cars were create to get driver and passenger from point a to point b.

A guns specific purpose, it's original creation was to kill or neutralize a target it was aimed at.

but they are used..We benefit from the convenience of automobile travel, which may be why our abhorrence at vehicle-related mayhem quickly fades. Our initial shock at hearing of another vehicle-related crime becomes acceptance that auto-centered violence is a common subset of an increasingly violent society. It is not that we don’t care. Rather, we don’t understand the widespread impact. For example, few of us know or think about the fact that automobiles kill more people than do all weapons combined…. The most dominant weapons are firearms. Yet, although we insist that firearms have strict controls placed on them, it would be difficult to insist that motor vehicles require similar controls.

Legend
Legend
You can't compare accidents to intentional shootings.

At all.

And for he record, I don't support any dumbass getting their license, either. I wish it was like in Germany, where people actually had to earn it. Not just wait till their 18, drop 40 bucks and face roll the drivers test.

But regardless, car accidents aren't remotely the same as intentional shootings.

Even if you count the drivers that intentionally try to hit someone with their car, I bet that number is severely lower than shootings.

Logical fallacy.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Notice there was no comment on the links though...yet..hmm.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
no fallacy at all..you can do as much damage with a vehicle as a gun and if you dont agree thats on u..whatever reason the vehicle was designed for.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

No maybe its because they kill more people then guns..maybe because they can also be used as a weapon..also just maybe cars are better made better have way better crash ratings is my guess why the death rates have stayed similar even with the boom in population.

For anyone interested...guess this doesnt fit your narrative the first page is pretty interesting..

Assumptions??

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/oct/5/editorial-obama-aims-for-confiscation-of-private-a/
the rate of violent crime has decreased recently, but this year it's increased dramatically here in Cleveland. But, the discussion is about gun sprees aimed at unsuspecting victims, not a wife or husband or gang banger.

Umpqua Community College was not a "gun free" zone.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
but they are used..We benefit from the convenience of automobile travel, which may be why our abhorrence at vehicle-related mayhem quickly fades. Our initial shock at hearing of another vehicle-related crime becomes acceptance that auto-centered violence is a common subset of an increasingly violent society. It is not that we don’t care. Rather, we don’t understand the widespread impact. For example, few of us know or think about the fact that automobiles kill more people than do all weapons combined…. The most dominant weapons are firearms. Yet, although we insist that firearms have strict controls placed on them, it would be difficult to insist that motor vehicles require similar controls.
So let's regulate guns the same as cars.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Even if you count the drivers that intentionally try to hit someone with their car, I bet that number is severely lower than shootings.

Logical fallacy.

best I could do at the moment.

https://awaitinginspiration.com/wp-content/uploads/all-intents-gun-car-deaths-99-09-bg.png

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
One is a constitutional right the other is not..so no lets not.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
do you want to just nitpick areas or talk as whole?? I find strange the places with the strictest gun laws USUALLY have some of the highest murder rates.

Also quit using circular logic..u said that people are assuming that the government wants to confiscate weapons.

I showed you a link straight from barry's mouth about confiscation. could show MANY more where democrats have said the same thing that their end game is confiscation.

So its no assumption.

I'm trying to be civil to you...but do you just argue to argue?? spin to spin? bored and this is just silly entertainment?

I'd like to know so I dont waste time with someone who is just goofing off and wants to speak in circles? its an honest question to you.

B
Rookie
Rookie
B

People still using cars as an analogy to guns???

There is no proper analogy to guns. Sorry, guns were made for killing, cars not.

That said. I support the right to bear arms. Just being real.

Last edited by Blutarsky; 12/04/15 09:25 AM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Assumptions??

the rate of violent crime has decreased recently, but this year it's increased dramatically here in Cleveland. But, the discussion is about gun sprees aimed at unsuspecting victims, not a wife or husband or gang banger.

Umpqua Community College was not a "gun free" zone.

one other thing Rock..from what I've read C-town murder rate looks low compared to other major cities..it does look like there are a bunch of thieves and robberies/assaults though.

Is that wrong?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
well i guess that response ends the subject..thanks for clearing it up for me.

just saw your edit...ok.

Last edited by FBHO71; 12/04/15 09:30 AM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Blutarsky

People still using cars as an analogy to guns???

There is no proper analogy to guns. Sorry, guns were made for killing, cars not.

That said. I support the right to bear arms. Just being real.

I also think guns are made for protection..but point is..DAMN near anything can be used as a weapon..but folks like to say..look how many people die with guns at 1 time..well damn I'm just saying if I wanted to I could pick out any number of places and mow them over like nothing..and i'm sure the fatality rate would be high if I tried hard enough.

just saying

Welcome to the board

Last edited by FBHO71; 12/04/15 10:04 AM.
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Another Mass Shooting

Link Copied to Clipboard