Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: TI84_Plus
He's just betting on himself. Could be smart. If he goes for over 1,000 again, he'll likely earn a 3 yr 12mil per next offseason rather than 3 year 24 mil this year. Or, he could Get injured and make less next year.

Heard a rumor we didn't want to offer a 1 year deal, which is what he wanted.

Which goes back to the market for him this year not being what they expected.... so, Rosenhaus changed the plans: rather than taking a longer deal anywhere, it was about placing him somewhere he could hopefully get showcased and have a stellar year so that they can cash in next offseason.

Pryor wasn't going to get showcased here, especially now that we have Britt. Add in that if Coleman starts to show up, and if Gordon comes back (big IF), suddenly he could be starved for touches which would kill any opportunities to cash in next year.

This was a straight-up long-term money move by him.

Would everyone just give up on the meathead return? They were talking about that on NFL network last night. Meathead is not coming back. Johnny has a better chance at returning that meat does.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mac
prp...you know I do not agree...

This is the 2nd year in a row that our Harvard lawyer/GM failed to do his job.

It is rather bizarre, Sashi and Jimmy throwing money around, overpaying other teams free agents...but they can't find the money to sign their own free agents.

I believe the front office will be changing in the next year.,..you can't build a winning team when the front office sends this message to the locker room.

Might be time for Sashi Brown to find another job within the franchise, because he sure isn't GM material.

Sure they should have signed him to 15 mill per for 5 years with 40 million guaranteed. He's the greatest WR in all the land.... after ONE season at WR. ONE. But you will throw a fit because we didn't shower him with money like he's Jerry Rice. He left for LESS money. That say's he didn't want to be here. So how can you fault the FO for offering more and being turned down? Offering him what we did was OVER PAYING.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I am not agreeing w/mac, but I thought we offered the same amount of money per year as Washington?

I am sure we did, but on a 4 year deal, not a 1 year deal.

We pledged 32 or more mil over 4 years v 6 plus incentives million.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
JC: It's sad to see him go. Wish the Front Office could have signed him. I'm not that upset like I felt like I was gonna be anymore though.

With our two signings on the O-Line, I'm very happy. Although I'd prefer Pryor over Britt, I think some of this was an endorsement from Gregg Williams about Britt. Britt played last season on the Rams, and I think Williams vouched for him.

There's never been a question over how talented Kenny Britt is. He's always had a lot of ability. And Britt is only 9 months older than Pryor, it's not a huge age difference. I'd say yes, I prefer Pryor, but I don't think Britt is going to be that bad.

Unfortunately, like I said, it's free agency. There's a lot of variables that come into play. Hopefully he fits in with our locker room, fits in with our system, learns it, and settles himself comfortably in Cleveland so that he can be the best player he can be.

Corey Coleman (who I think we'll see improvement from) and Kenny Britt. Higgins and Louis should get better, maybe Jordan Payton too.

The big thing is, we got the O-Line situation improved, big time. That should improve the Run Game and the Throwing Game. I didn't think there was any way we'd be able to get a legitimate starting Center and a very high quality Guard here.

And I love the extension of Bitonio. Hopefully we can focus on trying to extend Kirksey as well. Preferably before the season starts. Get him paid, lock him down, so we don't have to worry about it come the next Free Agency. He's another guy I like a lot who has a solid place on the team

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What did he lie about?

I just don't get how people blame players all the time and give teams a pass.

What about RGIII? Was it okay for the Browns to cut him to save money? Didn't they tell us he was in their long range plans? Is that a lie?

Let's get real here. It's a freaking business and there really isn't a whole lot of loyalty going on.

I agree. I think he really wanted to play here and just got some bad advice from his agent.

No, he didn't come back to the Browns with the Redskins offer, but nobody knows if he asked the Browns specifically for a similar 1 year deal before he left.

I hate Drew. He forgets about his player's best interests trying to squeeze out every last dollar sometimes. I hope for Pryor's sake that he stays healthy and has at least a little talent around him this year.

Legend
Legend
So we lost #14, but added #2, #26, and #28.

It sucks that we lost Pryor, but over, it's a big win for this front office, thus far, a whopping 2 days into free agency. lol

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Pryor did all that talking for nothing. Smh.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
What did he lie about?

I just don't get how people blame players all the time and give teams a pass.

What about RGIII? Was it okay for the Browns to cut him to save money? Didn't they tell us he was in their long range plans? Is that a lie?

Let's get real here. It's a freaking business and there really isn't a whole lot of loyalty going on.

I agree. I think he really wanted to play here and just got some bad advice from his agent.

No, he didn't come back to the Browns with the Redskins offer, but nobody knows if he asked the Browns specifically for a similar 1 year deal before he left.

I hate Drew. He forgets about his player's best interests trying to squeeze out every last dollar sometimes. I hope for Pryor's sake that he stays healthy and has at least a little talent around him this year.

I don't like Pryor leaving, but I get it. If he wasn't going to get his windfall this year, he's going to bet on himself to get it next year. Just hypothesizing, but I doubt our FO would want to give him a 1-year contract just to go through this whole thing next year, with more $$$ on the line. If someone said our FO said 'no' to giving him a 1-year deal, I'd believe it.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
Good luck to ya.

Legend
Legend
i hope we trade for cousins even more now.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Legend
Legend
B
And we shouldn't have. We offered a 4 year deal with double the guarantee.

TP just placed a pretty big bet on the roulette wheel. Red or Black seem like 50/50 odds, but man, those two greens slots screw everything up towards the house.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I actually bought into to him wanting to be here, he lied. I'm sure the browns would have matched this offer to keep him since they had already beat it.

I understand him wanting another 'prove it' year to try and get a big deal but I'd lay money that he doesn't hit a 1000 yards there. He will be doubled and tripled all season.

I personally think he is a great talent and will be a #1 WR for years to come. Part of me hopes he returns to Cleveland next year, the other part hopes he never steps foot in the city again.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I hate the Pryor choose to go to Washington. As much as this team improved yesterday it did take a step back today. Gaining Britt but losing both Pryor and Hawkins is a loss. I was hoping that we would re sign Pryor and then spend the entire draft to acquire a QB and build a fast defense. Now WR has a hole that needs filled. At this point I am not ready to crown Corey Coleman a #1 WR and to rely heavily on the other 2nd year WR's.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Hate to see him go but....
if he's that Great then why did only one other team go after him?
And for less money?

He's an aging work in progress.
We can draft 2 new young works in progress for the same money.
Or one proven WR.... oh wait we did.

V
Legend
Legend
V
We'll see what you are saying about Britt in November.

People can spin this all they want. We are a worse team w/out him.

O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
Originally Posted By: mac

I believe the front office will be changing in the next year.,..you can't build a winning team when the front office sends this message to the locker room.

Might be time for Sashi Brown to find another job within the franchise, because he sure isn't GM material.[/color]

Mac, two things come to mind.

The front office appears to make the highest, and a very accurate assessment in their valuing of Schwartz. They offer him what appears to be the best contract. He plays with them and....

The front office appears to make Pryor what would now be considered a very good, and from the Brown's perspective, a very accurate valuation of his value. He doesn't sign, Drew appears to be calling the shots, and...

Next year, the next one after that, when the FO makes an offer, the precedence has been set. You might be seeing the best deal you are gonna get bubba.

They are going to get fired for appearing very professional, very fair, and ultimately tough if you don't bend over and take it from guys like Schwartz and Drew?

I defer to the thread posted by D Dub.

I think it says it all.

V
Legend
Legend
V
The FO is perfect and all players who don't sign w/the Browns are completely to blame for everything.

You guys don't even realize just how much you sound like mac. LOL..........Diam said this the other day. He said guys don't even realize it and I thought he was wrong. But, you know what..........I think he was right.

Legend
Legend
Who says the FO is perfect? I think they botched the Mitchel situation, just to make a point ... But I can't really fault them for not re-signing guys that apparently don't want to be here. In both situations of Mack and Pryor, our Front Office offered more money than what they eventually signed for. How can anyone say with a straight face that we didn't try to re-sign them? If they turned down more money with us to go elsewhere, then they didn't want to play here.

The only other option in that scenario is to pay them way more than what their worth, just so that they'll stay. This is a bad idea for several reasons:

1) You're basically signing a guy that you know really doesn't want to be here, but will stay just for the money. Do you really want a guy with that kind of mercenary mindset on your team? Those are the guys that usually mail it in first.

2) You're setting a terrible precedent for future negotiations where agents will know they can drive up the price, and the front office will cave and just pay way more than the going rate.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Vambo for one. Have you ever seen him say one negative thing about the FO? There are others.

Now, other than mac, who says the FO sucks?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Vambo for one. Have you ever seen him say one negative thing about the FO? There are others.

Now, other than mac, who says the FO sucks?

You LIE prove where I said, posted or hinted the FO is perfect! tsktsk

An apology from you is called for here. thumbsup

V
Legend
Legend
V
Never!

Please show me all your posts that you even kind of criticized the FO.

You call people names all the time. You accuse me of lying. Yet, you don't get suspended. Wonder why????? You are the biggest trouble maker on this board and should be banned.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
You know, there are more ways to look at the front office than either "They suck." or "They are wonderful.", right?

In fact I don't recall ever seeing anyone here say the front office has never done anything wrong. Lots and lots of posters questioned the Schwartz decision, and how it played out.

I feel most (like 99.5%) of the people on here understand that the front office will make a decision they don't agree with sometime, but that in no way makes them a terrible front office.

I personally am fed up with every lame-ass "Harvard/lawyer/geniuses" reference, though. Someone on here, I can't recollect who, actually made themself look kind of stupid when they sarcastically kept calling the front office "Menzas", and misspelled "MENSA".

Anyway, rant over.

V
Legend
Legend
V
His misspelling was on purpose.

And frankly, I know that people don't say that the FO has never done anything wrong, but guys like Vambo attack anyone who dares question the FO.

Please.......it's not even a debate.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
You are the biggest trouble maker on this board and should be banned

rofl HILARIOUS coming from you. I'll never experience an online troll the likes of you and you post this?? If I were a ref you'd be a DISTANT memory.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
You are the biggest trouble maker on this board and should be banned

rofl HILARIOUS coming from you. I'll never experience an online troll the likes of you and you post this?? If I were a ref you'd be a DISTANT memory.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
it's a pity Pryor didn't start his career as a WR...who knows how good he could have be at it.

very gifted fellow I must say. but at 27? or 28? years old... a four year contract worth what? 32 mil is not that bad.

final thoughts...I am not too happy he is gone. but if you don't want to be here, then you don't want to be here.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
D
Legend
Legend
D

I'm actually STUNNED at the reaction to the Britt signing ... I'm not exactly sure who these guys think he is as a reciever .... cause I'll tell U what ... the Britt I've watched since pretty much year 3 has been an oft injured, underachieving BUM ... granted ... he's had a cou-ple really bad knee blowouts i believe ... i know he had one and am pretty sure he had two ...

Thi dude showed a ton of potential his rookie year ... fast, strong and atheletic ... since then ... SQUADOOSH until his contract year ... that usually means BUYER BEWARE ...

Britt has bad hands and like I said ... a huge underachiever until his contract year ...

We got worse at the WR position during Free Agency ... thats just a FACT ...

I don't blame the FO for this ... i seriously don't ... and u know how I feel about this FO ... I'll do another post on that so I can get flamed by the menZas over the TRUTH about BB (Britt the Bum) ... that his nickname until proven otherwise ... *LOL* ...

Legend
Legend
Quote:
until his contract year ... that usually means BUYER BEWARE ...

Kind of like Pryor.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
D
Legend
Legend
D
I truely believe losing Pryor was just a result of how the proccess evolved ... think about it for a second ... look at the personalities involved and then look at how things unfolded ...

Pryor is a cocky dude .. he BELIEVES in himself like no other ... he thinks he can do anything and beat anybody ... thats who he is ... and IMO ... thats a good thing ...

He hired Drew .. he's the agent of the GREEDY ... u hire him to get every last dime, nickle, penny and ounce of blood by any and all means necessary ... thats who that guy is as an agent .. the next time he does a deal and the phrase "team friendly deal" is used ... it will be the first time ... *L* ..

I called him hitting the market unless we way overpaid the day I heard drew was his agent ... thats a NO-BRAINER ... now the part I didn't see ... how it could evolve coupled with Pryor's confidence in himself ...

I believe the Browns honestly wanted him back and I believe TP wanted to be here ... here's how it unfolded ...

- by all accounts we offered about 8 million a year over 4 years ... if true that was the best offer he received ... therefore by definition MAKING IT A VERY GOOD/FAIR OFFER ...

- TP wanted more than that and Drew was just the guy to fuel his fire .. so Drew says lets test the market as thats to low ...

- TP gets to market finds out its not near what he wanted ...

- TP is confident he can earn the big bucks on a one year trial and thats what he wants .. he basically doesn't think we're overpaying by enough .... he wants ELITE WR money and this is his ONLY CHANCE TO GET IT ... if he signs a 4 year deal .. he'll be 32 when that ones done ..

- If you wrote the script for the perfect one year scenario it would be WAshington .. a coach that LOVES and KNOWS HOW TO throw the football ... a QB in a contract year ... NO #1 or #2 WR's with a great tE and slot guy to take coverage off U ...

If your going to do a one year PROVE IT deal .. its a NO-BRAINER ...

I really don't fault either side ... its just how it worked out ...

At first I didn't want TP as I thought he was not going to be worth the money he was going to get .. then about a month ago after looking at the FA class and how hard he worked I changed my mind .. so I WANTED HIM BACK ...

I don't like this FO .. we had a very good day ... IMO the best day we've had since our return .. but i don't think it was near as good a day as most and it certainly doesn't make me feel much better about this FO ... with that said ..

I don't blame them for this ... i just think it was the personalities involved and the way it unfolded ... our FO by all accounts made the best offer ... TP just didn't think we were overpaying him by enough ...

BUMMER it worked out that way ... cause now our WR corps is NOT VERY GOOD ... no #1 .. not even sure we have a #2 at this point ... and Lewis is like a 6th or 7th with his hands .. *L* ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Quote:
until his contract year ... that usually means BUYER BEWARE ...

Kind of like Pryor.

*LOL* ... your kidding right ..

TP was in his first year at a new position .. or was it 2nd .. i don't know ...

And he needs to learn to run routes and he needs to HOLD ONTO TO THE BALL .. but u can't question his heart or work ethic .. thats just FOOLISH BRO ...

And i think u know that ... if not, u should now ... *LOL* ..

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Yeah Diam. This has everything to do with his age.

Makes sense. Drew was trying to get double digits and when he didn't see it coming he settled for a One Year Show Us deal.

Put up another 1000+ season and we'll dive in again next year.

A 4 year deal expires at age 32. He won't get another long term deal then.

He's shooting for a deal in the Mid Teens in 2018.

Pryor. Don't get hurt bad or you just screwed yourself.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: kwhip
Yeah Diam. This has everything to do with his age.

Makes sense. Drew was trying to get double digits and when he didn't see it coming he settled for a One Year Show Us deal.

Put up another 1000+ season and we'll dive in again next year.

A 4 year deal expires at age 32. He won't get another long term deal then.

He's shooting for a deal in the Mid Teens in 2018.

Pryor. Don't get hurt bad or you just screwed yourself.

One HUGE THING I forgot to mention ... what were the guarantees in our contract .. if 15 mill of it was guaranteed ... not sure how much of a risk it is for him going with the one year prove it deal ...

If 20 mill was guaranteed .. then it becomes a MUCH BIGGER RISK on his part ...

Everyone's freaking out over the deal the Bears gave Glennon ... well its in reality a one year 16 million dollar deal .... they've bought themselves a year at a ridicoulous price and then can opt out or get a much better deal on the BUM the next year or two ....

They rented him at a HORRIBLE MARK UP for a year ... *L* ...

The guarantees in TP's contract from us are a HUGE VARIABLE that swing the risk factor a great deal when considering TP's choice ....

B
Legend
Legend
B
I said the same thing some pages back. He couldn't sign a long term deal and hope to get another big contract after that.

Too bad 32.5 mil isn't seen as a big contract and too bad that Pryor was basing his views on possible potential v reality.

I hope for his sake he made the right call. I can see a rocky road in Washington if he doesn't get the ball enough or he has a Soph. slump.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
.. but u can't question his heart or work ethic .. thats just FOOLISH BRO ...

diam...don't forget about about his toughness. Pryor started 16 games for the Browns and I watched him get up from big hits..he is one tough guy.

...his heart, work ethic and toughness..difficult values to fit into an analytics formula.

You know that his Browns teammates understand the values you mention above...too bad the Browns GM has no personal experience with those sort of values, never playing the game or thinking about such player intangibles.

Kenny Britt does have some big shoes to fill and the wisdom of the Browns front office will be tested again.

Posted this story along the same line of thought, on the front office thread. link

Kenny Britt and Sashi Brown will be judged everytime Britt takes the field.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I'm actually STUNNED at the reaction to the Britt signing ... I'm not exactly sure who these guys think he is as a reciever ....

They've heard his name before. On here that's all it takes to consider a player good.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Not the first time we have seen Headcoaches push for changes in management..but obviously Redskins HC Jay Gruden was not happy with GM Scot McCloughan's performance.

GM candidates emerge as Redskins lock in Kirk Cousins, sign Terrelle Pryor

NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock has emerged as a GM candidate for the Redskins. (PAUL BEATY/AP)

By Mike Jones, Liz Clarke and Master Tesfatsion March 10 at 5:49 PM
link

Less than 24 hours after firing general manager Scot McCloughan, the Washington Redskins remained active on multiple fronts, including identifying potential candidates to fill their new front-office vacancy.

On the same day quarterback Kirk Cousins signed his franchise player tender and big-target wide receiver Terrelle Pryor signed a one-year contract to help fill the void left by departing 1,000-yard receivers Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson, multiple sources confirmed the team is considering hiring NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock as Washington’s next general manager.

Mayock, 58, a former safety for the New York Giants, is a familiar face to ardent NFL fans who follow the NFL Scouting Combine and NFL draft each spring, providing detailed on-air analysis of the prospects.

ESPN first reported Washington’s interest in Mayock, and three different people confirmed the team’s interest to The Post. According to two sources, Redskins owner Daniel Snyder is an admirer of Mayock’s work on NFL Network.

It wasn’t clear when or whether Mayock would actually interview, however. On Friday afternoon, he released a statement saying in part that there had been “no official contact between myself and the team and no interviews about the job.”

Former Tampa Bay general manager Mark Dominik also is reportedly a person of interest for Washington. Dominik worked under Redskins team President Bruce Allen in Tampa when Allen held the title of general manager there from 2003 to 2008.

Some NFL insiders view Redskins senior personnel executive Doug Williams as Washington’s top internal candidate, and college scouting director Scott Campbell and pro scouting director Alex Santos also could receive consideration.

The leader of the diversity group that works with the NFL on its minority hiring practices said he endorsed Williams.

“It is my hope that they will elevate Doug Williams to the position,” John Wooten, the chairman of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, said in a phone interview. “He’s qualified. He’s prepared. I think he would be perfect for the position.”

Williams previously worked in the front office for Tampa Bay and was a head coach in college at Grambling State University.

As of Friday, however, the Redskins weren’t believed to have set up any official interviews for the position.

Meanwhile, Cousins did make it official, signing the franchise player tender that Washington extended to him Feb. 28.

By doing so, Cousins locks in the guarantee of the one-year salary of $24 million owed to him as a quarterback playing on the franchise tag for a second straight year. Last season, Washington used the non-exclusive tag to retain Cousins’s services and he signed the deal the very next day, locking in a salary of $19.95 million.

Washington used the exclusive tag this year to prevent Cousins from being able to shop himself to other teams in hopes of soliciting a trade. Cousins didn’t immediately sign the tender, however, while he and his agent reviewed all of their options.

The Redskins still could trade Cousins, and if they were to trade Cousins, it’s expected it would take place between now and April’s draft, with Washington’s leverage increasing the closer teams get to the draft.

However, the Redskins have yet to give the quarterback any indication that they intend to do so. Coach Jay Gruden and Allen both say they hope to work out a long-term deal. A person familiar with the team’s deliberations said Cousins’s signing of the franchise tender did nothing to change the plans of Redskins brass.

They have until July 15 to complete a long-term contract, and if unsuccessful, Cousins will play on the franchise tag for the 2017 season and then become a free agent in 2018.

Washington could use the franchise tag on Cousins a third year, but that means a pay jump to roughly $35 million. Such a move seems unlikely. The Redskins could, however, use the transition tag (guaranteed salary of $28 million) so they have right of first refusal. But the Redskins wouldn’t get any compensation from another team if Cousins signed elsewhere and they declined to match.

Cousins is coming off his second season as a starter, and in 2016 broke his own single-season franchise passing record as he threw for just under 5,000 yards while recording 25 touchdown passes and 12 interceptions.

At this point, numerous NFL insiders expect Cousins to play out the franchise tag this season. And if he does, he will have a new weapon in Pryor.

[Redskins sign former Browns WR Terrelle Pryor]

Pryor, who signed a one-year, $8 million contract, doesn’t have the track record that Jackson and Garcon possess, but it’s hard to ignore the impressive season Pryor had in 2016 with the Cleveland Browns. The quarterback-turned-wide receiver recorded 77 catches for 1,007 yards last year with Robert Griffin III, Josh McCown and Cody Kessler as his quarterbacks. Pryor, 27, recorded one of his four touchdown receptions in Week 4 against the Redskins at FedEx Field.

With Pryor’s addition and the anticipated healthy return of Josh Doctson, who missed all but two games as a rookie, the Redskins suddenly have plenty of big-target pass catchers. Pryor stands 6 feet 4; Doctson, tight end Jordan Reed and backup wide receiver Maurice Harris are all 6-2; and tight end Vernon Davis is 6-3. That additional size could help improve a red-zone offense that ranked among the worst in the NFL last season.

Mark Maske contributed to this report.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Ok mac lets hear it ..

If that's all it took, maybe mac has a point.

We offered him way more than that. He thought he could make more. We signed Britt. He had no market after that.

Actually, that's probably true, but we can't know that for sure.. At least, I've seen nothing that confirms that.

But think about it, apparently nobody offered a long term deal. At least not one he liked.

Maybe Sashi and the boys knew they couldn't retain him so they went out to get Britt? Who knows. All I know is that they sure moved quickly on Britt...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
I truely believe losing Pryor was just a result of how the proccess evolved ... think about it for a second ... look at the personalities involved and then look at how things unfolded ...

That was a good post. I think you have a good handle on how it probably went down.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

I'm actually STUNNED at the reaction to the Britt signing ... I'm not exactly sure who these guys think he is as a reciever .... cause I'll tell U what ... the Britt I've watched since pretty much year 3 has been an oft injured, underachieving BUM ... granted ... he's had a cou-ple really bad knee blowouts i believe ... i know he had one and am pretty sure he had two ...

Thi dude showed a ton of potential his rookie year ... fast, strong and atheletic ... since then ... SQUADOOSH until his contract year ... that usually means BUYER BEWARE ...

Britt has bad hands and like I said ... a huge underachiever until his contract year ...

We got worse at the WR position during Free Agency ... thats just a FACT ...

I don't blame the FO for this ... i seriously don't ... and u know how I feel about this FO ... I'll do another post on that so I can get flamed by the menZas over the TRUTH about BB (Britt the Bum) ... that his nickname until proven otherwise ... *LOL* ...

^This is a big concern for me. Did we just "Bowe" ourselves or has he turned it around, and can he stay healthy? I don't blame the FO either. The signed a similar guy with similar measurables and similar production as insurance to Pryor walking. And he did, and like Mack, there was nothing to be done about it. Now we just have to hope that Britt's production and durability last year wasn't a contract year fluke.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Pryor signs with Redskins

Link Copied to Clipboard