Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Oh, I see. They snapped the ball just after it hit the 2-minute...

That makes much more sense.

Ya .... exactly ... it was really really close ... but evident the ref blew it dead ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: dawg66
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: dawg66
That may have been but we're talking about Hue not Tennessee.

Actually, the thread title is What I saw, not Critique Hue.

I get mentioning it, but man, some of you are harping on it over and over and over and ignoring everything else that went on.

Aren't there enough threads where you guys can criticize Hue?

That's rich coming from you.

Good comeback.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
It was the 2 minute warning oooob ...

Idiots on tv screwed it up too ...

I was wondering myself ... rewound it ... it was the 2 minute warning ...

HE MISSED IT from 47 ... would have broke his streak ...

And it shows just HOW BAD OUR LUCK IS .....

Ok now I remember...for the record I don't think he would have missed...Whistle blew all stopped he just stepped up anyway and took a warm up kick. Not a moment missed.
He nailed it right down the middle. I didn't think for a moment that it was a missed opportunity.

One other thing...Kessler's INT. for some reason I have stored in my memory as a Oh, ok so he threw a PUNT. Were we in the Red Zone odd I would come away with it as a punt if we were in Red Zone.

???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
J\C
The BROWNS did NOT score a touchdown ,did NOT win the game. they lost everygame this year and some say that they are making progress......how can anyone that claims that they know football say or think that .......what am I missing

D
Legend
Legend
D
I’m re-watching the rest by tomorrow .. i’ll Let u know ...

Legend
Legend
I think we need a FS in the worst way. I also think we need to upgrade our corners.

We're improving and that is an encouraging sign.

Derwin James, Florida State..

yebat' Putin
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Riley01
J\C
The BROWNS did NOT score a touchdown ,did NOT win the game. they lost everygame this year and some say that they are making progress......how can anyone that claims that they know football say or think that .......what am I missing

A question mark?

Legend
Legend

I went to game. Only the second game I have seen in this stadium. Came from Reno with the intent of watching the Tribe in the ALCS.

Proud of the the people of Cleveland. Turning out to support their team. Not easy to support the product that has been on the field for way to many years.

That was my last game that I will attend live.

Observations: NFL football for me is no longer the game that I have loved. TV football is unwatchable live. Has to be recorded in order to watch because of the constant stop of play. Live there is more standing around than playing. There is more action at a high school game.

The Browns have descended into depths that are far from what the league has designed.

Kizer played ok till the picks. Hue was right to bench him. The message has to be you cant't turn the ball over.

Joe. The crowd showed their appreciation for a truly great player.

Hard to understand how the first pick of the draft is a situational player?

The offense appears incapable of a touchdown drive.

Football is supposed to be exciting. You pay a lot of money for entertainment. You go to cheer your team. All you need is something to cheer about. Not many plays, let alone wins to get excited about or cheer about from the Haslam product.

I want to cheer for the Browns. I have been a fan for sixty years. But the time has come for me to back off. I will no longer order the Direct TV package. Maybe go to game at a sports bar now and then.

I like the draft process and will follow that. Hopefully the Browns will add talent.

If the Browns become a competitive team again and entertaining to watch I will watch.

Until then I will just check the scores and hope for the best.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
I think we need a FS in the worst way. I also think we need to upgrade our corners.

We're improving and that is an encouraging sign.

Derwin James, Florida State..

I can't think of his name at the moment...the rook corner who got hurt in camp.

We have him back next year.

Last year was a really good corner class. I wish we had gone one pick deeper in to the pool. To me, when corners are there, you need to take them.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for the post. I feel ya, bro!

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
J\C

What you are missing is the progress with our Defense. We all know we are still searching for a QB and without one our O will be limited. But the D is giving positive hope for the future. It is still proven that Defenses win CHAMPIONSHIPS. That is where the progress is...btw what football do you know...and are you a Troll???

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
So ,you think the BROWNS are progressing and I I think they are a major laughing stock of the NFL as millions of fans and most pretty good major sp0rts analysts think. Yet GOFF,TRIBISKY, WATSON, AND WENTZ were available for the taking and your progressing team took a forth round QB at best as their future QB. and they are still searching for a QB .

I'm sorry that I don't agree with your take on a 1 and 22 team is progressing, but if being called a troll is the price one has to pay for a
dissenting opinion so be it.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
So ,you think the BROWNS are progressing and I I think they are a major laughing stock of the NFL as millions of fans and most pretty good major sp0rts analysts think. Yet GOFF,TRIBISKY, WATSON, AND WENTZ were available for the taking and your progressing team took a forth round QB at best as their future QB. and they are still searching for a QB .

I'm sorry that I don't agree with your take on a 1 and 22 team is progressing, but if being called a troll is the price one has to pay for a
dissenting opinion so be it.
+1 for tabs troll comment, the def is head above heals better from two years ago under pettine/farmer.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Our D is better. We still need maybe 2 or 3 more pieces but it is improving. The D would be even better than it is if we had an O that could move the ball better and score.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Our D is better. We still need maybe 2 or 3 more pieces but it is improving. The D would be even better than it is if we had an O that could move the ball better and score.
our team was stripped down to the studs - which was needed - but you cant fix two sides of the ball in two drafts.

with the improvement in the Def I have seen, I am willing to see how this coming off season bodes for the offense.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
This is an opinion board and if giving my opinion as much as you and others disagree is trolling so be it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You will learn the ones that think they are smarter than the rest of us soon enough, but most of this board is pretty good, yes there are disagreements, but mostly things are good here ... thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Man...I hope you are not referring to me cause I learned more about football than I could imagine from guys on this board like TAB,VERS and many others I couldn't hold a candle to them and their astute knowledge of the game but as a fan the disappointment that I endured with the BROWNS and just venting my frustration
Sorry to offend anyone

Last edited by Riley01; 10/25/17 03:36 PM.
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Nah the troll bit is because of the way you post as if you well are a troll.

The fact is you lack the Browns knowledge like most here posess...ergo I think you are a Troll...example Kessler was a 3rd round pick not 4th. It was Kizer who there is most banking on for the future not Kessler.

I told you why I think they are progressing and you did not wish to discuss that at all instead a pissing contest...ergo you are a troll.

I cannot help what the NFL nation feels about my Browns as they are MY BROWNS the only football team I have ever loved and rooted for. I could care less who laughs as long as we do progress.

We never stripped the team to the bone before and build through the draft. It is One and a half years in their plan and I do like the progress. It is a shame that we have not been able to solve the QB position. I have expressed my dismay over the Wentz decision who I had liked and wanted on our team.

Its you presentation and not your opinion that makes you A TROLL...no price to pay. You are who you are!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I may come across that way but not intentionally sorry.
Actually I was talking about KIZER being a fourth round pick at best but that's my opinion.
Also your right the DEE is progressing but long way to go
Were all passionate about the BROWNS maybe too much at times.

respect

V
Legend
Legend
V
He's not a troll, tab. He's been posting in the Political forum for quite some time.

He has a unique writing style that might lead you to think he is a troll, but he isn't. His style is just different.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

I was re-watching the game yesterday and was shocked at what I saw from the game & play clock right before the game-losing field goal.

The game clock was at 2:43 when the play clock started from :40. At approx :36 left on the play clock, the play clock stopped counting down...for about 3 seconds. The play and game clocks were then close to being in synch (on the countdown to the two minute warning) but the play clock was a half tick ahead of the game clock...meaning they STILL had to run a play before the two minute warning. Then around the :11 mark, the play clock flipped to a second or so behind the game clock...meaning they could run down the clock(s) down to the two minute warning without running a play.

Now...that is the game & play clocks that we see on the TV screen and not necessarily the actual clocks in the stadium. I was at the game and do not specifically remember looking at the clocks...BUT...the reaction in the stadium was such that the play should be run before the two minute warning and there was an odd reaction when the ref blew the whistle. FWIW. What I mean here is that a large part of the crowd was confused that the whistle was blown seemingly because some people DID see the play clock (:40) start at 2:43.

At a minimum, there should/could have been a delay of game penalty...at the maximum, the missed FG should/could have stood.

If you have the game taped, watch that part. It's another one of those "only Browns" things.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
apologies Riley...I'm cautious of posters from other teams coming here to kick us while we are down.

Frustration doesn't always bring out the best of us and we are all frustrated right now.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Wow! 5 yard penalty would have been big cause he is almost perfect in under 50 yards and then not so good over 50 yards.

I don't understand the continuous screwing us by the refs almost every game there is something? How long can the Bottle throwing at the refs in the reviewing a play after we ran a play. Back in the day!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
N.P.
I bleed orange and brown also just a little fed up with em lately

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
I'll never be FED UP per say with them. I hate losing I see us building through the draft, I like the foundation. I hate the fact we have not secured the Franchise prospect (yes, Kizer still has a shot) but other than that I like what we are building its such a shame the W's have not come to give some boost to moral and assurance that we are on the right track...sometimes that baffles me but then we come to that QB thingy.
jmho all good and thanks for posting.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: eotab
We never stripped the team to the bone before and build through the draft. It is One and a half years in their plan and I do like the progress.

This is the part most overlook. This is not like a typical "rebuild" in the manner that we and most every other team who has rebuilt has done. This is more like a restoration. Like taking daddy's old family car and stripping it down to bare metal and restoring it to what it used to be, Shinny and Fast.

It's not going to be done in 21 days. Counting only game days that's how long it's been. It's likely to take 32 days to make it look Shinny and Fast, at least enough to be competitive. Good enough to make it hard to predict the outcome of most games. That would be at the end of the 4th season. Shinny and Fast.

Of course, that will call for keeping the coaching regime and FO as they are now. There is room for some tweaking but too big of a change can wreck the whole thing, making it more like one of our past "rebuilds" that stutter mid-step.

Haslem's Browns took a huge gamble in tearing it down so far in order to start from scratch and build toward competitive. Of course they need more time. It's hard to believe that this early in the process so many fans are crying out for major changes in either the coaching or FO. It's not surprising. Vers called it way early on. Some argued with him. But it's the Browns fans way.

They've been fed, starting with Modell, a new coach bringing high hopes every two years that they become uncomfortable if the results aren't sudden. The high hopes never materialize because before they can it is stopped and restarted. The fans have been raised to not give a coach time to finish what he started.

They quickly yearn for the high hopes again. They're used to getting that every two years. They feel so much more comfortable living in high hopes than in watching the pain of work pay off.

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 9 Titans 12 What I saw game 7

Link Copied to Clipboard