Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I really expect to see a pretty powerful team.

No real reason we can't be playing meaningful games in late Nov and Dec. I mean games that have playoff implications for us.

The past 2 years we have been out of the hunt by mid October.

I agree 100% Peen.
My expectations exactly.

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
All Pro
All Pro
I think the sports writers in this country need to HAMMER these kinds of articles until dimwitted people get the picture!

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
D
Rookie
Rookie
D
Caught his latest interview on the radio during the drive to work.
Hue openly admitted his work ethic was drastically different before dorsey.
He wasn't accustomed to the 24/7 don't leave a leaf unturned culture.

Not something I'd want to admit publicly.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Dawgwood
Caught his latest interview on the radio during the drive to work.
Hue openly admitted his work ethic was drastically different before dorsey.
He wasn't accustomed to the 24/7 don't leave a leaf unturned culture.

Not something I'd want to admit publicly.

Well, he is a well known procrastinator... Just take a look at how much time he is taking to make such a simple think like taking a swim in the lake...

Also he's well known for blaming others for their his shortcomings, and having an excuse for anything bad he makes...

Very well known for saying that almost anything its not his job to be doing...

Last edited by rastanplan; 04/20/18 10:09 AM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
While some claim he's the HC, top Browns talent evaluator and responsible for every QB that's been drafted. Seems it goes from one extreme to the other. lmao

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Hue is the biggest lame duck HC I have ever seen ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Why?

The team had the perfect opportunity for a change when they fired Sashi, and brought in Dorsey. That's when they should have made a change, if that's what they had/have in mind.

What do they gain by having Hue stick around as a lame duck?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Think of it this way, if we win three games this year under Hue, that will be a 250% increase over his average to date.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Why?

The team had the perfect opportunity for a change when they fired Sashi, and brought in Dorsey. That's when they should have made a change, if that's what they had/have in mind.

That makes too much sense and doesn't fit their narrative.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Hue and Dorsey seem to be fitting together rather well. Something we never had here in the past. Dorsey is the Leader and the rest have their roles. HC and on down.

I don't see anyone being confused or disgruntled about Hue Jackson waiting for proper weather to take his swim in Lake Erie.

I know you and others wish to PUNISH him actually most of you wish to run him out of town on the rail Tarred and Feathered. This was a gentleman's bet Hue has with the Fans of the Browns. Never was it stipulated he was to cut a hole into the ice and take a dip. At his age you have to watch out for Heart attacks with an extreme cold bath. Nothing wrong with his bet and coming through with it when the wether gets warm. I would suspect on a hot summer's day between training camp. Some you guys are unreasonable.

Actually Sashi did some really good things but Football Leader he was not. Dorsey is clearly HMIC (head man in Charge) which is needed. He's a good leader so far. He doesn't seem to micro manage but instead delegates wisely.

Hue is the HC and he has his parameters spelled out for him.

No lame duck...if you all don't think 1-31 is the time to fire a guy then something must be wrong in your thinking. That was the time if we had an inkling to do so. Do I think if we end up picking in the top 5 of the draft next year that Hue will be gone. MOST CERTAINLY! 99% sure. But I'm also pretty sure we will have a pretty descent record and turn around from last season to this.

Sure do looks that way. Excellent OC and DC young players one season advanced in their progress. Influential and talented veterans at key positions. Gordon full time for the FIRST TIME??? Still have the draft.

The only negative I see is the retiring of Joe Thomas. I will give an opinion on Shon Coleman after seeing him play the LT position.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Continuity

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: eotab
Hue and Dorsey seem to be fitting together rather well. Something we never had here in the past. Dorsey is the Leader and the rest have their roles. HC and on down.

I don't see anyone being confused or disgruntled about Hue Jackson waiting for proper weather to take his swim in Lake Erie.

I know you and others wish to PUNISH him actually most of you wish to run him out of town on the rail Tarred and Feathered. This was a gentleman's bet Hue has with the Fans of the Browns. Never was it stipulated he was to cut a hole into the ice and take a dip. At his age you have to watch out for Heart attacks with an extreme cold bath. Nothing wrong with his bet and coming through with it when the wether gets warm. I would suspect on a hot summer's day between training camp. Some you guys are unreasonable.

Actually Sashi did some really good things but Football Leader he was not. Dorsey is clearly HMIC (head man in Charge) which is needed. He's a good leader so far. He doesn't seem to micro manage but instead delegates wisely.

Hue is the HC and he has his parameters spelled out for him.

No lame duck...if you all don't think 1-31 is the time to fire a guy then something must be wrong in your thinking. That was the time if we had an inkling to do so. Do I think if we end up picking in the top 5 of the draft next year that Hue will be gone. MOST CERTAINLY! 99% sure. But I'm also pretty sure we will have a pretty descent record and turn around from last season to this.

Sure do looks that way. Excellent OC and DC young players one season advanced in their progress. Influential and talented veterans at key positions. Gordon full time for the FIRST TIME??? Still have the draft.

The only negative I see is the retiring of Joe Thomas. I will give an opinion on Shon Coleman after seeing him play the LT position.

i cant see hue going anywhere for at least 2 years.. no way would we bring in our franchise QB just to change hC after one year.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Why?

I think they kept Hue until Haley implements his Offense and then whenever that may be week 4, 8, or the end of the season I believe Haley will be our next HC ... JMHO

Last edited by PastorMarc; 04/20/18 02:33 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

Why?

I think they kept Hue until Haley implements his Offense and then whenever that may be week 4, 8, or the end of the season I believe Haley will be our next HC ... JMHO

so you think that haley will be HC and OC in 2 years? didnt we just go through this?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Why do you think Haley came here? He had other offers to be an OC. It won't be that long and he will bring in a like minded OC ... JMHO

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Why do you think Haley came here? He had other offers to be an OC. It won't be that long and he will bring in a like minded OC ... JMHO

haley came here to learn from hue... isnt it obvious...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

haley came here to learn from hue... isnt it obvious...

lol sorry I couldn't help myself tsktsk

Last edited by PastorMarc; 04/20/18 02:56 PM.

D
Legend
Legend
D

Why?

If thats the plan ... i will have less respect for Dorsey and Haley than I do for Hue ... i have zero problems with Hue being our HC .. but i’m with Peen in that i dont think hes a good guy .. i think hes out for Hue and Hue alone .. he threw everyone under the bus from the bye week on ... the FO, the Players ... he made an ass of himself IMO ....

But if Dorsey/Haley even discussed the possibility of Haley taking over for Hue that’d be DISGUISTING and just a horrible way to do business ..

I’d be sickened by that ...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Haley is a better OC and was a better HC ... and you don't think these things happen, please, Dorsey didn't hire Hue ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Haley is a better OC and was a better HC ... and you don't think these things happen, please, Dorsey didn't hire Hue ...

Huh ... thats shocking coming from u ..

Sorry sir ... If thats the plan .. whats the sense of keeping Hue at all ... its WRONG if they’ve all ready discussed the transition or if that’s EVEN POSSIBLE ...

It seems like a CHICKEN CRAP way to do business ...

I agree ... things happen ... and if it happens thats one thing ... for it to have all ready been discussed and to be the plan .. thats not things happening, thats putting a plan in motion ...

Thats UNDERHANDED IMO ...

We’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one ....

P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree it's underhanded and could be wrong about my thoughts but it's the reality of the world we live in and I hope I am wrong but these things go on far to often ...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I love the fact that Hue did not get fired.

Hue Jackson will end up being a huge success story in the NFL and it will unfold right here in Cleveland. From 0-16, 1-31 to playoffs and a Superbowl championship. It will end up being legendary.

I do not hold Hue responsible for the 1-31 or the 0-16. This team was less talented than the 1999 and 2000 teams. What talent they did have was extreme young. Very few vets to guide the youth on the field and no depth behind the youth. I think people will be surprised at how the team performs this year with vets on the team and some depth.

Hue will be looked at much differently after this next season.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I agree it's underhanded and could be wrong about my thoughts but it's the reality of the world we live in and I hope I am wrong but these things go on far to often ...

i dont believe dorsey had anything to do with hire haley... that was all hue...

P
Legend
Legend
P
They did strip him of any talent, and I would love for this to happen ... thumbsup

T
Legend
Legend
T

Why?

What narrative is it to want to see the Browns win.

The schedule is out and I'm not looking forward to see the Hue Jackson coached Browns go 0-16 again, but I don't have any reason to think otherwise.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg

Hue Jackson will end up being a huge success story in the NFL and it will unfold right here in Cleveland. From 0-16, 1-31 to playoffs and a Superbowl championship. It will end up being legendary.

I do not hold Hue responsible for the 1-31 or the 0-16. This team was less talented than the 1999 and 2000 teams. What talent they did have was extreme young. Very few vets to guide the youth on the field and no depth behind the youth. I think people will be surprised at how the team performs this year with vets on the team and some depth.

I think the talent last year and this year will be very similar, I think they were more talented than the 1999-2000 season.

Hue will add this seasons record to his previous seasons.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Legend
Legend
P
They already have more talent, and those young guys all got great experience last year this should be a much better year ...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg

I think the talent last year and this year will be very similar, I think they were more talented than the 1999-2000 season.

Hue will add this seasons record to his previous seasons.

There has already been a significant increase in the teams depth vs last season. Jarvis Landry and players that the teams add from having 5 picks in the first 2 rounds will greatly improve the teams overall talent.

This years team will be much improved.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
They did strip him of any talent, and I would love for this to happen ... thumbsup

ever wonder how a college team would do in the pro football?

well 1 win 31 loss lol

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg

how about this... i dont think hue got to bring in his own coaching staff when he was hired.. it was all sashi and the company he hired...

B
Legend
Legend
B
Hue could win the Superbowl and I'd think him a schmuck.

I can't stand to even look at the guy or hear him speak. I have never disliked a Browns head coach as much as I dislike him.

He's a bad person.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
The schedule is tough out of the gate ... that could be a problem for Hue ...

We can all speculate on a lot of this crap ... i believe that Hue will have zero leash on him and he will be allowed to be the HC of his football team ... at least thats the way it should be .. any other way is STUPID and shows a lack of class ....

We can speculate on that all day long .... we can also speculate all day long on how much rope he has ... FACT IS ... NONE OF US HAVE ANY CLUE ... u can make a good argument for a real short leash (say a 1 - 3 start) or a short leash (say a 2 - 5 start) or does he have til the bye or does he have the whole season .... FACT IS ... NONE OF US HAVE A CLUE ...

If it is a real short leash ... Pitt then NO on the road and then a thursday nighter coming off a road game in a different time zone is not a good start for Hue ...

Personally I hope he gets the whole year ... he has a different position than he did last year .. hes a true HC ... This will be a much better football team than last years and last years was a QB away from 4 - 6 wins ... he also has some GREAT ASSISTANTS at all levels ....

I hope he gets the entire year ... HES SET UP TO SUCEED THIS YEAR ... IMO he deserves a year with this new set up ...

Legend
Legend
I think we'll know a lot by the bye week....it's late this year. Hopefully he'll have wins under his belt and we won't have to discuss this anymore. But if he's 1-8 or 0-9 at that time it would be a good opportunity to transition in a new coach.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
I think Hue needs a minimum of 6 wins in 2018 to survive. If it was my call, it would be 8 wins. Looking at the schedule, sitting here in April before the draft, I don't see more than 7 wins being possible, and that's only with a very optimistic crystal ball.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree totally. Hue doesn't need to be strapped down by the FO.

If that is the plan, they should have just canned him a few months ago. If this is giving him a chance, then it needs to be a fair chance.

I may not like him, but I don't want things to be unfair or stacked.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Dave
I think Hue needs a minimum of 6 wins in 2018 to survive. If it was my call, it would be 8 wins. Looking at the schedule, sitting here in April before the draft, I don't see more than 7 wins being possible, and that's only with a very optimistic crystal ball.

I look at it more about losses. He can't have a double digit loss season, so we need to win 7 for the Gipper

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
G
2nd String
2nd String
G
This is the NFL and there are no easy games. Predicting wins when we don't know who we are drafting or who will be on our final roster is impossible. I am always possitive so I expect the playoffs every year. I am hoping Hue can figure this head coaching thing out before it is too late for him. He has to or he will be gone. Hue talks too much for a 1-31 coach. Hue needs to rely more on actions and less on words.
I do think adding Taylor, Landry and Hyde will help the offense along with hopefully better play calling.
Defensively our secondary should be improved and if we can add Chubb to our defense we should be better overall.
If we can avoid injuries, who knows how many we can win.
I get tired of all the doom and gloom fans who have no optimism. Lets take it one game at a time starting with the Steelers and get a win first game. That would be huge and momentum could carry us to a surprising season.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
All Pro
All Pro
If Hue is a contributor on the sidelines, There is a good possibility we could win at least 10 games. Let Todd and Greg run the show. If Hue is the decision maker, look to win maybe 4 games and hopefully he is gone.
Go Browns!

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
B
Legend
Legend
B
I tend to agree, but he is the head coach. You have to let him cook his own goose. You can't send him in to it a dead man walking.

Trust me, I don't like him even a ounce and never will, but we have to do it the right way.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 04/21/18 04:18 PM.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Will Cleveland Browns' Hue Jackson be a coach in name only? Bill Livingston

Link Copied to Clipboard