Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Quote:

So who do we now fill with his roster spot?

Not Dez

"In addition, the club signed WR Rod Streater.

Streater is 6-2, 195-pounds and in his sixth NFL season out of Temple. Originally signed by Oakland as an undrafted free agent in 2012, Streater has appeared in 52 games with the Raiders (36) and 49ers (16). He has recorded 127 receptions for 1,755 yards and 10 touchdowns. He spent the preseason with the Bills. Streater is a native of Burlington, N.J."

--I am not impressed

Rod Streater? What are we going to do with him? Does he return punts?

A
Legend
Legend
A
yeah. Lost in all this is Coleman. Cut from the browns , cut from the bills, cut from the patriots. In a matter of what? 3 weeks? 4 ?

Legend
Legend
if he's going to make it IMO, it's with a regimented team like NE ... we probably allowed him too much slack to run with

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Does the 10 game condition have anything to do do with drug test only??? Or if bill decides the experiment failed 9 weeks in and isn't getting production he can cut him and get a pick for making a bad trade?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
yeah. Lost in all this is Coleman. Cut from the browns , cut from the bills, cut from the patriots. In a matter of what? 3 weeks? 4 ?

Ouch.

Hope for his sake he can find another team.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend

In essence this goes back to: you either trust Dorsey or you do not.

I don't get the "don't trade with the Pats"?

If they offered the best deal then why not. They didn't trade us Garoppolo? That makes no difference now.

The Browns have yet to establish an identity. The Patriots have an identity.

Dorsey is trying to build a culture. Hue is trying to build a playing personalty.

Dorsey has been willing to give guys second chances. We drafted Callaway. But once they are in house there has to rules. Guys have to be accountable for their actions. Their teammates and coaches have to depend upon them.

I wish Josh well. If he tears it up with the Pats; so be it.

His time with the Browns had to end.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Why trade with them after they snubbed us???

Dorsey wasn't here...

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
You just KNOW that Bill will find a way to not activate him enough so he can get another pick back, just have that feeling.

The tin-foil hatter in me always suspected that Josh never wanted to play for the browns, and did all he could to orchestrate his way out of town, while still being young enough to get some pro-bowl years and paid a high contract, well, mission accomplished douchebag. I'm so annoyed with him, I honestly don't wish him the best.

The Patriots system is so precise and timing and route running is everything, he won't make it I think.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

Ouch.

He probably will. He doesn't seem to have a problem finding a team. I think his problem is staying with that team for more than a couple of weeks. (and I know, he was with the browns for 2 years. With broken bones)

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: boofers20
You just KNOW that Bill will find a way to not activate him enough so he can get another pick back, just have that feeling.

We were going to cut him anyway. Plus, they're behind the Phins and have already lost a tiebreaker to the Jags for homefield advantage. It's crazy early, but I don't think they'll be coasting any time soon (not enough to start resting a key WR to avoid sending back a late round pick).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
D
Legend
Legend
D
Josh better not think he's going to get away with running his games in NE. I'm pretty sure Brian Hoyer will give Brady the 411 on Gordon's penchant for breaking off / half-assing routes, free-lancing, and generally not being where he's supposed to be on any given play. Gordon cost Hoyer 3-4 Int's the year he came back from suspension mid-year with that kind of BS.

Legend
Legend

Well Coleman always has his shoe collection.

D
Legend
Legend
D

I wish I could recall the name of the poster but someone called this not very long time ago. JG, traded, NE and NE would cut Coleman to make room for JG.

Whoever that was, please PM me. We have winning lotto numbers to predict lol.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

Ouch.

Wish for our sake he had been worth the draft pick.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Posted yesterday that we would trade Gordon for a kicker.. on the off chance that I'm right.. and the 5th round seems reasonable to me..

Here is the top 8 early draft prospects at kicker tongue

yebat' Putin
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Posted yesterday that we would trade Gordon for a kicker.. on the off chance that I'm right.. and the 5th round seems reasonable to me..

Here is the top 8 early draft prospects at kicker tongue

Sounds like we already know what to do with our first pick, hahahahaha.

Roberto Aguayo, anyone?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dave
Josh better not think he's going to get away with running his games in NE. I'm pretty sure Brian Hoyer will give Brady the 411 on Gordon's penchant for breaking off / half-assing routes, free-lancing, and generally not being where he's supposed to be on any given play. Gordon cost Hoyer 3-4 Int's the year he came back from suspension mid-year with that kind of BS.

He helped make TT look a bit underwelming the first two games also

Joe Thomas #73
M
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
M
Quote:
Well Coleman always has his shoe collection.

Which is greater?

A. The number of receiving yards in Coleman's career

or

B. The number of yards his shoe collection spans if lined up heel to toe

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Just about done with this organization at this point. Beyond frustrated. I want to see a press conference immediately.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
what about pairs of shoes or number of brain cells

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
A
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
A
I like this John Dorsey fellow.

He has as much love, patience, understanding, and sympathy for no-talent, lollygagger, airhead, diva, snowflake wide receivers as I do.

Immediately upon arrival, Dorsey blew Kenny Britt right out of Berea. Britt has tried to catch on elsewhere, including with the Patriots, but got cut.

Corey Coleman whined for a trade and Dorsey obliged him. Coleman traded to the Bills, who cut him. Picked up by the Patriots, and they cut him too.

Rookie Callaway pulled a stupid stunt and was put on blast on Hard Knocks and in front of the team. Dorsey stomps on the diva flake crap from the rookie receiver quickly.

Dorsey then traded away Josh Gordon after yet more JG Drama. Huzzah!

Dorsey got rid of three useless diva wide receivers in nine months and put a fourth one on notice. This is an excellent track record. For the first time in years, I have hope that a Browns GM knows how to build a proper wide receiver corps. First, get rid of the useless idiots and then build from there.

Thank you John Dorsey. smile

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Originally Posted By: Dave

He helped make TT look a bit underwelming the first two games also

Against the Steelers Gordon was on the field for 69 snaps and he got 3 targets, 1 catch. Clearly, he wasn't where Tyrod was expecting him to be on more than a few plays in that game. We threw the ball 40 times in that game, and our all-world WR gets 3 targets? How many of those were the "mistakes" Todd Haley was talking about in his presser last week?

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: myka

Everything I want to type right now would be blocked as an expletive.

Why trade with them after they snubbed us??? Why for such a low value?
At least we should've shipped him to an NFC team right?

Ok gonna step away from keyboard before I break my computer.

Is anyone else super angry right now?

Don't get me started....

Dammit-I'm started!

I am so pissed it's not funny! Why there? You basically rewarded him for being a major 'organ' FOR SIX YEARS!

And for that little? Seriously? And if he's not active for 10 games we have to give them a pick? What the hell?

This is (and it so pains me to say this) SO DAMN CLEVELAND! This angers me back decades! If Art doesn't move the team, Bill is still the coach and THOSE 5 SUPERBOWLS ARE OURS!

Cause Brady would've been a Brown! Brady would've gotten in Josh's face and said that don't fly here!

Sure, send the guy that took you for granted for all this time to one of the best quarterbacks ever to play for one of the best coaches since PAUL BROWN!

BUT NO! WE JUST HAD TO FIND A WAY TO CLEVELAND IT UP!

God needs to tell Lebron to come back to make all this go away!

Consider this rant on pause...

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Whats the big deal..? We got a 5th in the bag and at worst give back a 7th if he doesnt make ten games. So at worst we swapped a 7th for a 5th and got rid of cancer.. We need reliable guys that LOVE to play.

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Settle down Ted. It was the best offer. At least I assume it was.

Being in the AFC is no big deal. We roll though there what? Every 4 years? We aren't likely to catch them with a similar record for a while. If we sent him to Oakland, I might be with you.

Now if NE turns around and trades him for a 2nd rounder to the Steelers, that might stink. Not sure if we would have any recourse over that with the league.

It is what it is, the guy wanted out of Cleveland.

There is a positive. I think Calloway can be a player. He now gets his chance.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 09/17/18 06:56 PM.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Good luck Josh, BB won't coddle you so this is your last second chance from the Browns...

Legend
Legend
Calloway may not be able to replace JG. Calloway seems to care about winning. Gordon is now another guy to beat. Somebody working hard deserves to play. Welcome aboard you newbies! Win some!

How about we start this Thursday?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: teedub
Does the 10 game condition have anything to do do with drug test only??? Or if bill decides the experiment failed 9 weeks in and isn't getting production he can cut him and get a pick for making a bad trade?

Yeah that did sound odd in the trade agreement...and he always for the most part gets the upper hand in the trade.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Steelers offered a 4th lol

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
Steelers offered a 4th lol
they did??

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
i cant believe they got rid of corey coleman for him? and britt is trying out for them again?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Least Corey Coleman gets to visit a lot of cool locker rooms every other week lol

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Quote:

This is what hacks me off the most. After all that effort it's still screw you.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: MrTed
[quote]It is what it is, the guy wanted out of Cleveland.

This is what hacks me off the most. After all that effort it's still screw you. [/quo

Josh Gordon Trashing Browns Gear on Snap

https://bustedcoverage.com/2017/04/10/josh-gordon-trashing-browns-gear-on-snap/

Legend
Legend
sad

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
sad

What’s sad is he’s still, Flash, in the pan.

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
[quote=MrTed]
Quote:

This is what hacks me off the most. After all that effort it's still screw you. [/quo

This is from January.

BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C

I'm still comfortable with the decision but I get the feeling Gordon is going to go full Randy Moss mode with Brady and we're never going to hear the end about what a stupid, worthless franchise we support.

For a 5th round pick.

Man, that stings. I'd have rather taken a 6th or 7th for Gordon to go to a team who doesn't have a quarterback with a reputation for making nothing look like an All-Pro: Just imagine what he'll make an All-Pro look like.

Uggggggghhhhhhhhh.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

So, the best offer for the "great" Josh Gordon could only get us a 5 rounder and we might have to give the Pats a draft choice.

And people are dissing the Browns? LMAO

It seems to me that the Browns would have rather traded him to an NFC team, but no one would beat that "killer" offer.

Josh Gordon is a disgusting individual. He has been enabled his entire life. He is liar. He is a selfish person who can't even support the babies he makes.

Joe Banner could have got a second rounder for this jerk and we blew that opportunity.

I am hoping that the Josh Gordon fan boys follow his ass to New England.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
[quote=MrTed]
Quote:

This is from January.

yea.. and your point is?

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon Continued....

Link Copied to Clipboard