Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: mac
Like I challenged everyone...tell what talent Depo has added to the team in 2016 and 2017, to help the team win.What players did Depo add?

Robert Stalnaker (I have no idea who he is) accepts your challenge...

There seems to be some players missing,OBJ,Landry,Hunt.A coupla of those guys were draft picks not FA.
Mr.Stalnaker is dishonest.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: BCbrownie
Like I challenged everyone...tell what talent Depo has added to the team in 2016 and 2017, to help the team win.What players did Depo add?

There seems to be some players missing,OBJ,Landry,Hunt.A coupla of those guys were draft picks not FA.
Mr.Stalnaker is dishonest.

None of those guys were free agents. It says free agents and extensions.

I don't know or accept the person's methodology but the names they presented are accurate.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
jc...

As Eliot Wolf leaves the Browns, Ron Wolf blasts “out of control” analytics

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 29, 2020, 5:39 PM EST
link

The Browns and assistant general manager Eliot Wolf parted ways today, and in related news, Wolf’s father had some harsh criticism for the Browns’ analytics-heavy approach to building their team.

Ron Wolf, the Hall of Fame former General Manager of the Packers, told Chris Mortensen of ESPN that he disdains the way analytics have affected both football and baseball. Wolf said the Browns and other teams that embrace analytics are “out of control.”

“When something goes wrong, who takes responsibility?” Wolf said. “Their answer: ‘Well, that’s what the data told us.’ What a crock. That’s what got ’em 1-31.”

Ron Wolf certainly has an old-school approach to the game, and it served him well during his tenure in the NFL, which spanned most of the second half of the 20th Century. But in the 21st Century, analytics are an increasingly important part of the NFL. The Browns’ failures don’t negate that.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
B
Legend
Legend
B
jc...

link

The Browns and assistant general manager Eliot Wolf parted ways today, and in related news, Wolf’s father had some harsh criticism for the Browns’ analytics-heavy approach to building their team.

Ron Wolf, the Hall of Fame former General Manager of the Packers, told Chris Mortensen of ESPN that he disdains the way analytics have affected both football and baseball. Wolf said the Browns and other teams that embrace analytics are “out of control.”

“When something goes wrong, who takes responsibility?” Wolf said. “Their answer: ‘Well, that’s what the data told us.’ What a crock. That’s what got ’em 1-31.”

Ron Wolf certainly has an old-school approach to the game, and it served him well during his tenure in the NFL, which spanned most of the second half of the 20th Century. But in the 21st Century, analytics are an increasingly important part of the NFL. The Browns’ failures don’t negate that.

Old school. Cool, so am I.

Old school doesn't work anymore.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
jc...

link

Tell that to SF and KC. Meanwhile. the new school brought us 1 and 31.

It never ceases to amaze me how many folks are completely clueless.

C
Legend
Legend
C

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Tell that to SF and KC.

1. Do we know how much of the 49ers' and Chiefs' processes are data driven?

2. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

3. Welcome back!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
jc...

link

Good to see you posting again, even if you "aren't a fan" anymore.

No need to get back in to 1-31 talk. It's like politics. Either you are for or against the "Harvard Boys" or you are for or against "Hubert".

The conversation leads nowhere and I am not going to get in to old worn out debates.

Thanks...with respect.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
We do know that you made fun of SF for hiring Lynch. We know that he is a football guy and that Shanny came from a football family.

Some of us football guys know that analytics are a great tool. We value them and want to use them to make our product better. On the other hand, we also know that experience and an eye for talent also matters. We understand that working together is important.

We further understand that developing a winning culture is a very hard thing to do and that purposely losing games in multiple seasons is especially hard to overcome in a sport that plays so very few games like football. We understand that baseball consists of 162 games and you play most days of the week. We understand that there are 82 games in the NBA season for each team and you have multiple games per week. We understand the amount of devastation that losing so many games can cause in the NFL due to the limited number of games they play and time lapses between games.

Some of us understand that is it ignorant to ignore analytics and their powers. However, we also understand that there is a place for both sound scouting, experience in the game of football, and analytics. We scoff at those who are so narrow-minded that they can't see the good in both sides.

Tools are designed to help complete a job. A hammer is a marvelous tool. However, a hammer in the hands of an idiot is a weapon of destruction rather than a tool of construction.

C
Legend
Legend
C
However, a hammer in the hands of an idiot is a weapon of destruction rather than a tool of construction.

Let's hope Jimmy Haslam stays out of the way.

We do know that you made fun of SF for hiring Lynch.

We do?

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.ph...-gm#Post1227644

Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Yes, that John Lynch.

This came out of nowhere. They gave him a six year deal.

https://twitter.com/49ers/status/825901457580896256

No prior experience running a front office or working for an NFL team (other than as a player). This is a little weird. If this was our team I think people would probably be freaking out (especially with the questionable decisions the 49ers have made recently).

Very Milleny.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Yet a tool in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to use it is useless. You can't unscrew a screw with a hammer. You might be able to pry it out, but you know things are going to be all torn to bits.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
I will bow out. I promised myself not to engage w/other posters on here again. Folks have chosen to debate unfairly and it isn't about searching for the truth.

My apologies. Carry on.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I wasn't unfair. I was just commenting on your tool analogy. You made a point, I made a counterpoint. I wasn't disagreeing with your point.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
I will bow out.

See you tomorrow!

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Random thought I had:

In this ongoing debate about football guys vs analytics, I think there is something to be said for how good you are at your job. Not necessarily if you're an old-school football guy or an analytics guy.

You can find successes and failures on both sides of the coin. Another complication is knowing what teams use data for and when. A lot of this stuff is kept secret, due to the issue of competitive advantage.

So for example Belichick recently said analytics factored in "less than zero" with the Patriots, but history with Ernie Adams and Kraft's public comments suggest that is not really the case (hard to say whether that's an issue of semantics, dishonesty, the context of the question and answer, etc.)

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Browns split with player personnel executives Eliot Wolf, Alonzo Highsmith, Steve Malin

By Nate Ulrich
Beacon Journal
Posted Jan 29, 2020 at 10:28 AM
Updated Jan 29, 2020 at 6:21 PM
link

When the Browns and John Dorsey mutually agreed to part ways Dec. 31 after his two-year run as their general manager, the futures of his top lieutenants were in doubt.

So there is nothing shocking about the Browns parting Wednesday with assistant GM Eliot Wolf, vice president of player personnel Alonzo Highsmith and director of college scouting Steve Malin. People familiar with the moves confirmed them for the Beacon Journal.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported the Browns tried to persuade Wolf to stay.

A source added Wolf probably wouldn’t have been retained in the same role, so he and the Browns decided it was best to split.

New GM Andrew Berry signed a five-year contract with the Browns on Tuesday and is expected to reshape the player personnel department in his vision.

That view of how an NFL team should be run — which includes a strong commitment to analytics — doesn’t mesh with Dorsey’s entire crew.

“I wanted to go in a different direction because my philosophy on football is different from theirs,” Highsmith told ESPN’s Josina Anderson. “I may go to Aruba or go to the Masters. I’m going to take some time to do some fun stuff.

“I may also clean my garage. Who knows? As far as football goes, I’ll just have to wait to see what happens. I love all parts of the game. I’ve never been a title guy. Working and contributing has always been my goal. So I do hope to return to the NFL.”

Wolf is the son of a Dorsey mentor, Hall of Fame GM Ron Wolf. The elder Wolf sounded off Wednesday about the Browns’ use of analytics, calling it “out of control,” in a conversation with Mortensen.

“When something goes wrong, who takes responsibility?” Ron Wolf said. “Their answer: ‘Well, that’s what the data told us.’ What a crock. That’s what got ’em 1-31 [from 2016-17].”

Dorsey hired Eliot Wolf and Highsmith two years ago, and they were officially named to their positions with the Browns on Jan. 10, 2018. Dorsey formally had Malin in place by May 31, 2018.

Wolf, Highsmith and Malin led the Browns’ scouting contingent last week at the Senior Bowl.

Before becoming the GM of the Kansas City Chiefs and later the Browns, Dorsey spent 21 seasons in the front office of the Green Bay Packers. He spent 13 of those seasons with Highsmith and nine with Wolf.

Wolf’s pre-draft evaluation of Baker Mayfield mirrored Dorsey’s and helped guide the Browns toward selecting the quarterback first overall in 2018.

A former NFL running back, Highsmith played a crucial role in the Browns drafting Pro Bowl starter Nick Chubb in the second round (No. 35 overall) in 2018.

Earlier this offseason, Highsmith spoke to the University of Miami about a high-profile job with his alma mater’s football program, but he wasn’t hired.

On agenda

On Wednesday during Super Bowl festivities in Miami, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell told Cleveland.com he would meet with Browns defensive end Myles Garrett within 60 days to discuss reinstatement from his indefinite suspension.

The league suspended Garrett for at least the last six games of the 2019 season after he ripped the helmet off Mason Rudolph and used it to hit the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback over the head on Nov. 14 in Cleveland.

Meeting with the commissioner’s office is one of the conditions of Garrett being reinstated.

On Nov. 24, a Browns source told the Beacon Journal the team expected the NFL to reinstate Garrett in time for the start of the 2020 season.

Nate Ulrich can be reached at nulrich@thebeaconjournal.com. Read his Browns coverage at www.beaconjournal.com/browns.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:
“When something goes wrong, who takes responsibility?” Ron Wolf said. “Their answer: ‘Well, that’s what the data told us.’ What a crock. That’s what got ’em 1-31 [from 2016-17].”

"Well, that's what the data told us"

I can't believe anyone would say something like the above quote and use it as an excuse for screwing up. Just a guess, but I can think of only one person that might say something like that.

NFL fans have to laughing like hell at what the Browns have once again become and the lame, canned excuses Haslam and his numbers boys plan to use when their analytics fail them.

One serious concern I have..will the Browns locker room buy into another attempt at Moneyball?

Many of our players have already lived through Depodesta's first attempt at Moneyball...a 2 season trial run that produced 1 win. I seriously doubt there is one player in the Browns locker room that expects Moneyball 2.0 to work.

How many of our players that know what farce Moneyball is ARE GOING WANT OUT OF CLEVELAND, ASAP.

M
Legend
Legend
M

On Nov. 24, a Browns source told the Beacon Journal the team expected the NFL to reinstate Garrett in time for the start of the 2020 season.

Excellent news!

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Anyone believe that Myles Garrett is going to buy into the Moneyball 2.0 scheme?

After experiencing Moneyball 1.0 at it's worst, 0-16 in 2017...I have my doubts that Myles is planning on buying a new house in the Cleveland area.

The Browns can franchise him or do anything they want to try to keep Myles in Cleveland...but Haslam and Depodesta cannot make Myles put out for a loser.

Bitonio is already on record about playing for a loser...he expects Haslam to backup his talk with wins on the field.

Odell Beckham is going want out now, not wanting to play his career for a loser like Haslam and Depodesta.

No doubt, THE PRESSURE IS ON...LIKE NEVER BEFORE...Depodesta and Haslam must produce wins on the field that lead to the Browns into the playoffs in 2020.

Failure to win this year will set the franchise back 10 yrs or until someone forces the Haslams to return to Tenn.

Last edited by mac; 01/30/20 09:39 AM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Isn't it obvious Berry wants his own people in he is running the show regarding Personnel department for the Browns.

Moneyball guys...lol laugh that actually is hilarious. We have shared income in the NFL there is a large factor regarding MLB compared with the NFL the only way a small market team in baseball can survive is play MONEY BALL!!! That simply doesn't apply to the NFL.

From my understanding DePodesta in the first draft was hired not too long prior so he took the stance of standing back and observing the process.

Even after the draft he stayed away from Berea for the most part not to create any conflict with the football people.

I'm sure he provided whatever analytics were desired by the football people.

Its also obvious Depo simply didn't get the final decision in a lot of big decisions.

I think this final REBOOT was not created by Depo but he is ready to take over as the top guy his observation era is over and he is ACTIMG on our behalf. I see him looking to Hire FOOTBALL People who will put their mark on the team - I see Depo hiring and stepping back to let Ski and Berry do their thing.

Is Depo making analytics on asst. coaches? Yes, but he is leaving the hiring up to Ski. Same thing with the draft we do have the work by Wolf and Zo that was pretty much completed for the draft and this is the property of the Browns made available to Berry.

Berry is familiar with the current Draft possibilities and FA out there as he is leaving a Personnel role from the Eagles.

Moneyball rofl
Analytics...I'm sure Kyle Shanahan uses them we know the Chiefs do. As it was noted its time to "ADAPT" to the future of this game and that has analytics in there. BTW used by coaches for years...so why not get the best Analytic guy in Sports...We did and this is the first year he was put in control of our Future.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Spin away...

How about Depodesta and Haslam backing up their mouths with some wins?

I'm sorry, but Depodesta and Haslam have a record they cannot run away from...they are both losers!

M
Legend
Legend
M
You tell 'em, mac!

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Spin away...

How about Depodesta and Haslam backing up their mouths with some wins?

I'm sorry, but Depodesta and Haslam have a record they cannot run away from...they are both losers!

Breath Mac ... i get it ... really, i do ... but lets give them a chance before we doom ourselves to hell ... it don’t look promising but there’s plenty of talent on this roster ... get yourself out of purgatory and take a few deep breaths ... odds aren’t in our favor but you never know and i highly doubt its as bas as your making it out to be ...

For now we gots the talent ... thumbsup

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

They had this to say...

Link

Quote:
“You have to weigh everything, accordingly," Chiefs general manager Brett Veach said Monday. “If you get in the mindset where you don’t value analytics enough, it can really cost you. I don’t think you want to shortchange analytics or the film room. You have to find a happy medium.”

Quote:
“From Day One, we made a commitment to integrate analytics,” 49ers general manager John Lynch said. “Every day, we try to find new ways to integrate analytics. Our coaches and the entire building has bought in. Nobody is fighting it anymore.”

Quote:

I know. It's a gas, isn't it?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anyone believe that Myles Garrett is going to buy into the Moneyball 2.0 scheme?

After experiencing Moneyball 1.0 at it's worst, 0-16 in 2017...I have my doubts that Myles is planning on buying a new house in the Cleveland area.

The Browns can franchise him or do anything they want to try to keep Myles in Cleveland...but Haslam and Depodesta cannot make Myles put out for a loser.

Bitonio is already on record about playing for a loser...he expects Haslam to backup his talk with wins on the field.

Odell Beckham is going want out now, not wanting to play his career for a loser like Haslam and Depodesta.

No doubt, THE PRESSURE IS ON...LIKE NEVER BEFORE...Depodesta and Haslam must produce wins on the field that lead to the Browns into the playoffs in 2020.

Failure to win this year will set the franchise back 10 yrs or until someone forces the Haslams to return to Tenn.

Myles is intelligent, so he'll probably get along great with the Ivy Leaguers. Plus, Berry helped draft him.

Berry also helped draft Bitonio and helped bring in Zeitler who Bitonio loved playing with, and he was a bit peeved when Dorsey got rid of him.

Who knows what Odell will think, but I doubt he was a big fan of the mess last year. He's got his buddy, Jarvis around. If we win, he'll probably like things just fine. If we lose, nobody will like it.

Njoku and Higgins are probably ecstatic about the moves.

It's the NFL. The pressure is always on. Hopefully this group can channel it instead of springing leaks and spraying all over.

Some people ask for help under pressure, others push everyone else away. The latter didn't work so well.

It's not just a team sport on the field. It takes the whole organization working together all the time.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Quote:

They had this to say...

Link

Quote:
“You have to weigh everything, accordingly," Chiefs general manager Brett Veach said Monday. “If you get in the mindset where you don’t value analytics enough, it can really cost you. I don’t think you want to shortchange analytics or the film room. You have to find a happy medium.”

Quote:
“From Day One, we made a commitment to integrate analytics,” 49ers general manager John Lynch said. “Every day, we try to find new ways to integrate analytics. Our coaches and the entire building has bought in. Nobody is fighting it anymore.”

Quote:

I know. It's a gas, isn't it?

Simply amazing! thumbsup

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
I’ll say one thing bro ...

Ignorance sure is bliss ... wink

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
I don't have to like it and I'm not going to pretend that 1-31, didn't happen, thanks to the same guys who are once again in charge of the Browns front office.

Haslam and Depodesta, they are exactly what their record says they are!...losers.

How is Stefanski going to sell his locker room on another Moneyball plan when the first Moneyball plan produced a 1-31 record?

It's really gonna be tough to convince the veterans of Moneyball 1.0 that suddenly Depodesta knows what he is doing, implementing Moneyball 2.0...

The next move I expect from Depodesta...fire some or all of the football scouts...

Last edited by mac; 01/30/20 11:08 AM.

Legend
Legend
Don't forget to blame Depo for Cancer, MS, Heart disease, climate change, and serial killers while your at it willynilly

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Breath bro ... like i said i get it ... i really do ....

The 1 - 31 was totally different Mac for a few reasons ....

1. Depo was just coming from baseball .... he now has 4 years of experience and has a much better feel for things .... he’s still a babe in the woods but he still has 4 years under his belt ...

2. Same with Andy .... he was literally a pup when he first came here from Indi ... he now has 4 more years of experience also witch is REALLY HUGE for him .... IMO he still needs more experience but that don’t mean he shouldn’t be much better than his first time around ...

As usual things are extremes on here ... your IGNORING many FACTS just like the menZas your arguing with that think Wolf leaving is not a direct indictment on our org and what he thinks of the direction its headed ... there not crapping all over a HOF GM .... rofl ...

Breath Mac breath ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Analytics has a place in the game, though I don't believe it is the end all-be all of success in the NFL.

Analytics can, for example, paint a picture of the physical traits most likely to succeed at every position on the field. It cannot provide for the dynamic exceptions, though. It is a data pile, used to predict outcomes, and thus is a tool, but not the solution.

Analytics can be used to help predict opponents plays/possibilities on the field based on their tendencies, but there also has to be room for the human intuition aspect of the game. For example, the data says that on 3rd and 2, they load the box to stop the run. Does that mean that we give up on the run in those situations? Of course not. Analytics can offer a perspective on what will happen, but if it was a perfect tool, teams would load up on data and have computers calling plays. (and picking players)

It does not hurt to have additional information ..... as long as it doesn't overrule the talent and experience of those calling plays and picking players.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The next move I expect from Depodesta...fire some or all of the football scouts...

Preferably the guys that helped convince Dorsey that Corbett was the LT for us.

Fiercely Independent.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Unless it was the same dude that told him to take Chubb with our next pick ... I’ll make that trade at those draft spots all day long ... thumbsup

B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't think it will over rule anything. It will simply help the people making the picks or calling the plays be more informed.

It's a tool just as video tape is a tool.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Unless it was the same dude that told him to take Chubb with our next pick ... I’ll make that trade at those draft spots all day long ... thumbsup

I'm much more concerned with a scout's ability to evaluate OL right now. We already have Chubb. I'm worried about missing on a lineman in the first half of the draft a lot more than missing on a backup RB in the latter half of the draft.

Plus, Corbett played at Nevada and Chubb played at Georgia, so I am fairly confident they had different area scouts as their primaries.

Edit- hope that doesn't come across to harsh towards you, Diam. It's just been a little while since we hit on Bitonio and there have been many misses on the OL in the draft. I'm a little stressed regardless of who we have doing the picking.

Last edited by Bull_Dawg; 01/30/20 11:52 AM.

Fiercely Independent.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

I also do not know who Robert Stalnaker is, but there's one person who popped in my mind both times I read his feed: Sashi Brown

If not Sashi then somebody aligned with Sashi. DePo? somebody they hired and then was fired and now has too much free time?

Seriously.. read through the account. It's dedicated almost entirely to trashing everybody before, during, and after Sashi's tenure here.. everybody except Sashi himself, Andrew Berry, and the analytics crew (I don't think Andrew Berry has the time for this.)

That is almost the singular focus of that account, and the way the stats are compiled is more advanced than what you'd expect from a typical fan. It's heavy on analytics and stuff from inside the Browns front office is passed off as fact.

That account just absolutely rips Dorsey, Farmer, Kitchens, and gives overly effusive praise to moves made or recommended by Sashi and crew.

Me thinking it is a (former?) insider is just an inkling, but that account does not come off as a typical fan. At least not any that I've seen.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Haus

I also do not know who Robert Stalnaker is, but there's one person who popped in my mind both times I read his feed: Sashi Brown

If not Sashi then somebody aligned with Sashi. DePo? somebody they hired and then was fired and now has too much free time?

Seriously.. read through the account. It's dedicated almost entirely to trashing everybody before, during, and after Sashi's tenure here.. everybody except Sashi himself, Andrew Berry, and the analytics crew (I don't think Andrew Berry has the time for this.)

That is almost the singular focus of that account, and the way the stats are compiled is more advanced than what you'd expect from a typical fan. It's heavy on analytics and stuff from inside the Browns front office is passed off as fact.

That account just absolutely rips Dorsey, Farmer, Kitchens, and gives overly effusive praise to moves made or recommended by Sashi and crew.

Me thinking it is a (former?) insider is just an inkling, but that account does not come off as a typical fan. At least not any that I've seen.

Then there's this gem...

Dumb Tweet

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Then there's this gem...

Dumb Tweet

While I would NEVER suggest that an NFL team, especially ours, take this approach..... the guy ain't really wrong.

Aside from that, accounts like the one in question are likely absolutely nobody with no actual affiliation and was probably created as a troll account to generate clicks/re-tweets/whatevs.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Lol yeah, I saw that.

For anyone who can't see the tweet:

Quote:
Robert Stalnaker
@wildlifeluvr
Stop the angst. You & I can get up to speed & draft well by studying a few days of data & bigboards from PFF, Daniel Jerimiah, Mel's, Todd's & other gurus. U don't even need scouts when drf data, video, combine & pro day data readily avail. #Browns execs can do this in 7 days.

For anyone who thinks you can't rely too much on numbers, read the above and then tell us you feel the same way.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Then there's this gem...

Dumb Tweet

While I would NEVER suggest that an NFL team, especially ours, take this approach..... the guy ain't really wrong.

Aside from that, accounts like the one in question are likely absolutely nobody with no actual affiliation and was probably created as a troll account to generate clicks/re-tweets/whatevs.

The problem is, those ESPN talking heads aren't all that great at what they do. PFF's stuff is a lot better, but they are only grading what happens on the field and not the influence of coaching, scheme, projecting future talent, etc. So it's useful, but limited. And none of this takes into account combine interviews, medical stuff, character concerns or any of that.

And it could be a troll account (maybe someone from here??) but my hunch is it is someone with a little more familiarity than that.

Just saying, it wouldn't be that hard for someone 'in the know' to create a burner email and get on a VPN. Players and team executives have already gotten busted for this before (Durant comes to mind).. I'm sure many more are doing a similar thing and taking at least basic steps to conceal their identity.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Cont...Football guys did half the job, now it's up to numbers boys to finish the job...

Link Copied to Clipboard