Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
People going to a university are adults and mandating a vaccine for children still takes the option away from parents.

Free will and free choice…Next time I come to a stoplight, I’ll just go through. It’s my free will.

By the way, here’s the Supreme Court language from Jacobsen. Pretty clear cut if you ask me:

"in every well ordered society charged with the duty of conserving the safety of its members the rights of the individual in respect of his liberty may at times, under the pressure of great dangers, be subjected to such restraint, to be enforced by reasonable regulations, as the safety of the general public may demand" and that "[r]eal liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own [liberty], whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others."

I think one other thing that irks me about this is that people who aren’t getting vaccinated are also the ones flooding the hospitals. Insurance companies are paying hefty sums I bet, which will get passed on to the customers. If you (not you specifically, obviously) refuse the vaccine, don’t complain if you’re told you have to pay a higher premium for health insurance than the vaccinated. For all I care, you’re basically the same as a smoker if you’re willingly not vaccinated without a health concern.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

You will end up working at Burger King!

rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
They don't care about legal precedent. They don't care about the number of vaccines that were mandatory before this and this is simply one more on the list. They don't seem to care about over 1000 Americans dying a day. They don't care that in many parts of our nation hospitals are being overrun with those that are unvaccinated.

They just don't care. They're too busy trying to claim some faux outrage and standing up for people's right to keep killing more and more Americans. Who would have ever thought they would stoop this low only to make a stupid political statement? Well, I did. I put nothing past them anymore.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Don't you find it odd that the "law and order" party refuse to follow the law when it suits their purpose? I mean if they don't like the outcome, they'll make some political statement rather than look at the fact that their freedom has no right to infringe on the health and freedom of those around them.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

rofl

until BK makes it a requirement.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

you will not survive.
not a problem at all, as far as I'm concerned.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

O
Legend
Legend
O
Look, if it's just a blanket mandate that ignores potential health complications with the vaccine or anything like that, then I'll be right there next to you chanting 'tyranny'. My mom has had multiple doctors tell her to not get the vaccine at this time due to potential complications.

Republicans have solely been obsessed with scoring cheap political points wherever possible, so I doubt this is the case.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

rofl

Is working at Burger King so funny that you're rolling on the floor? I'm not a fan of making fun of fast food employees. Those folks are out there working while constantly listening to people demeaning what they do. There's such a stigma surrounding these positions that no one wants to work them anymore. It's even sadder when people who aren't working make fun of them. My son worked at Chipotle his junior year in college, it was the only place that would allow him to work around his class schedule. He took some abuse and saw people roll their eyes, but he had some money in his pocket.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
https://www.kgw.com/article/news/health/...1d-730d01b4dd77

'We've never seen anything like this': Oregon hospitals bring in temporary morgues as COVID-19 surge continues

Several hospitals have brought in temporary morgue trucks as hospital morgues fill up and funeral homes struggle to keep up.

PORTLAND, Ore. — Hospitals around Oregon are securing extra space for bodies as a surge of COVID-19 deaths overwhelm hospital morgues and funeral homes struggle to keep up with demand.

Providence Portland and Providence St. Vincent hospitals are bringing in fatality management trucks, or temporary morgues. Providence said those are the only two hospitals where it has needed to install the temporary morgues.

Salem Health has also signed a contract for a temporary morgue in case it's needed if deaths continue to rise. Tillamook and Josephine Counties have separately requested refrigerated morgue trucks. Klamath County loaned its truck to Tillamook County, which only has one funeral home.

"We've never seen anything like this," said Salem Health CEO Cheryl Nester Wolf in testimony to the Salem Chamber of Commerce on Thursday. "We didn't see this at beginning of the pandemic. The delta variant is a horse of a different color than where we started."

Modeling from Oregon Health & Science University expects Oregon to hit the peak of the surge next week. On Friday, Sept. 3, there were 1,172 people hospitalized with COVID-19, an all-time high.

"We are completely full. We're canceling surgeries, and we're not canceling surgeries that aren't necessary, we're canceling surgeries because we can't accommodate an ICU bed for the patient," Wolfe said.

RELATED: Oregon has the fewest hospital beds per capita in the country

Wolfe said in the last two weeks, Salem Health has tested more than 1,000 people who showed up to the emergency room — and 30% were positive for COVID-19.

"The reality is, we're losing the battle," she said.

More Oregon National Guard members will begin working at hospitals around the state to assist with things like greeting and screening patients, transporting patients, delivering supplies and assisting health care workers.

Providence Portland, St. Vincent, Newberg, Milwaukie, Willamette Falls and Seaside hospitals will get dozens of new service members this weekend. Salem Health will also see 160 Oregon National Guard members arrive next week.

Facing a shortage of health care workers — a problem plaguing hospitals nationwide — Providence has announced sign-on bonuses and bonuses for current employees, as well as $1,000-minimum referral bonuses for current employees who help bring in new talent.

Wolfe said Salem Health has hired 150 additional nursing staff over the last month.

"I'm talking to you as a nurse today. This is devastating. I don't know how long we can keep this up, to be honest with you," said Wolfe.

—————————————

For those that think it’s over. Or those that act like it’s ‘not that bad’.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That sucks man. Has to be a rough situation for your mom to be between a rock and a hard place. Hope she’s okay.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Maybe instead of morgue trucks, they should try mass graves, put those on TV every night. Might get some minds changed.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: fishtheice

rofl

Keeping more Americans dying of Covid since 2020! Yay!

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Thanks. She's retired and isn't super social and stuff like that so she's managing alright. My dad also has some health issues and was real hesitant about getting jabbed, but his doc reviewed and gave him the thumbs up. Less than 24 hours later he got his shot (I was surprised).

I think in the current fervor to pull ourselves out of this mess it's important to remember that (limited) exceptions do exist.

Last edited by oobernoober; 09/10/21 12:11 PM.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
mandating a vaccine for children still takes the option away from parents.

There is precedent for that as well.

If you look at the Jehovah's Witness religion. They refuse blood transfusions. They have a religious belief that avoiding anything that involves blood is both an act of obedience and respect for God.

However, if a Jehovah's Witness child needs a blood transfusion, the parents are not allowed to refuse it if absolutely necessary. Despite their religious doctrine it is considered child abuse.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
You totally missed my point. That's probably because I didn't explain it very well. You see, some love to promote a well below living wage. They demand that Americans should work in our country at below poverty level wages. I was actually responding to someone who promotes that philosophy.

So when looking at my intent, I was insinuating he would be forced to work at bellow poverty level wages, which he endorses, because of his own foolishness.

I hope that clears things up. If you have actually been following along in this forum you would know that I'm one of the strongest advocates for people working at below poverty wages in our country and have used fast food workers as a prime example of that.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
GC. Are you prepared to spend the rest of your life following whatever subject the next media blitz and president speech tell you to follow?
You are a human being, or once were, and this is 2 years of Nothing But Covid.
Next, spend a week remembering what you are told to, the awful murderous bombings of some buildings in New York, call it by it's name, the name you were told to from the start by the mind controllers.

Think only what you're told.
Do only what you're told.
Say only what you're told.
See only what you're told.
Look only where you're told.
Go only where you're told, and when also.
Accept what you get, no matter.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Erudite lexicons of light in a world of darkness overcome paranormal waves of javelins.

We must always remember that Abraham Lincoln said four scores. Scores are also the measurement of sport achievements. Sport is another another term used for game hunting and fishing, which reminds me to be aware of politicians who fish for compliments.

Platypus.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I like cheese.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Swish
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
And they called Trump a Tyrant!!! Freedom is a thing of the past.

You should protest by not taking a shower or brushing your teeth to own the libs.

So he should just do what he always does?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

You should protest by not taking a shower or brushing your teeth to own the libs.

May God bless both of you!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Look, if it's just a blanket mandate that ignores potential health complications with the vaccine or anything like that, then I'll be right there next to you chanting 'tyranny'. My mom has had multiple doctors tell her to not get the vaccine at this time due to potential complications.

Republicans have solely been obsessed with scoring cheap political points wherever possible, so I doubt this is the case.

Pearl clutching fake outrage. This is part of distracting us from all the crap they pulled under Trump. And I think masks and vaccines should be mandatory again for at least the late fall and winter months due to the delta variant. But hey, wanting to save lives is a bad thing in GOPer nutjob run Ohio.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
j/c

Kentucky lawmakers scrap statewide mask mandate in schools

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky lawmakers, many not wearing masks, voted Thursday to scrap a statewide mask mandate in public schools and shifted masking decisions to local school boards, acting in a special session as the state’s worst COVID-19 surge threatens to overwhelm hospitals.

The GOP-dominated legislature set education policies in response to disruptions caused by the virus, which has forced dozens of districts to close classrooms. The masking provisions sparked emotional debate on the third day of the special session called by the Democratic governor to address the pandemic.

The bill goes to Gov. Andy Beshear, who previously issued statewide mask mandates to slow the spread of COVID-19 and recently said he thought another mask order was needed to confront the current surge. Republicans have enough votes to override any Beshear veto.

The special session marked a power shift in the state’s response to the virus. Throughout the pandemic, Beshear acted unilaterally in setting statewide virus policies, saying his actions saved lives. Republicans criticized him for what they branded as overly broad and stringent restrictions.

The special session comes as Kentucky’s hospitals struggle with a record influx of virus cases. Beshear warned Thursday that only 90 adult intensive care beds were available statewide — a pandemic low. He noted nearly two-thirds of Kentucky’s hospitals face critical staffing shortages, and more than 300 Kentucky National Guard members will be headed to 21 hospitals to assist overworked health care workers.

“Our hospital situation has never been more dire in my lifetime than it is right now,” Beshear said.

Working into the night, Republican lawmakers asserted their newfound dominance in shaping Kentucky’s pandemic policies — the result of a state Supreme Court ruling last month. The court cleared the way for laws to take effect limiting the governor’s emergency powers to impose virus restrictions. The justices said a lower court wrongly blocked the GOP-backed measures. The governor responded by calling the legislature into session.

The school-related bill that won final passage would nullify the state school board’s requirement that anyone in public K-12 schools wear a mask. It also would end a separate state mask mandate for child-care centers.

Another bill winning final passage Thursday night would impose a prolonged ban on any statewide mask mandate, leaving masking decisions up to local governments and businesses. It was part of a broad measure addressing medical staffing, vaccines, tests and treatments related to COVID-19.

The legislature also passed a measure to appropriate more than $69 million in federal funds for pandemic-related efforts. The funds are aimed at increasing COVID-19 testing for health care providers, schools, health departments and correctional facilities, as well as to assist monoclonal antibody treatment providers.

During debate on the schools bill, supporters said mask decisions are best left to local boards, to reflect the will of their communities.

“This bill will give local control back to the districts — not mandating they do, not mandating they don’t,” said Republican Sen. Max Wise, the bill’s sponsor. “They make the decision of what they think is best for their constituents in their communities.”

Opponents warned that lifting the mask mandate would put children and school staffs at greater risk of contracting COVID-19. By putting the burden on school boards to decide mask policies, Democratic Sen. Karen Berg said the legislature was abdicating its responsibility.

“I think you are asking for fights in school board meetings, where parents are going to be intimidated, where school board members are going to be intimidated,” Berg said.

Sen. Morgan McGarvey, the chamber’s top-ranking Democrat, said removing blanket masking protections comes when the delta variant is infecting more young Kentuckians. More than 300,000 Kentucky students aren’t old enough to receive COVID-19 vaccinations, he said.

“This bill … is really a life-and-death bill,” Democratic Sen. Reggie Thomas said. “If we eliminate mask mandates, then we are putting all children and all school personnel at severe risk.”

In the House, Democratic Rep. Pamela Stevenson warned the virus is so pervasive that the lack of masking requirements in schools would mean that children are going “into the lion’s den.”

Republican Rep. John Blanton countered that the bill removes a “one-size-fits-all” approach.

“We are not taking masks away from your children today,” he said. “Masks are still part of the tools that’s provided for each and every school district across this state.”

Beshear had asked legislators to give him authority to, at a minimum, require masking when COVID-19 infection rates reach high levels.

The school measure would give districts more scheduling flexibility to cope with virus outbreaks. It would allow local school leaders to limit remote instruction to a particular school, grade or classroom — depending on the extent of the outbreak — instead of closing the entire district. The overriding goal is to keep children in class when possible, Wise said.

“What we’re looking to do here is a fair and flexible method that superintendents can get behind,” Wise said.

https://federalnewsnetwork.com/governmen...ate-in-schools/

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

May God bless both of you!

God blessed us with incredibly smart research scientists and pharmacists… many in His flock mock them and turn their back to His gift, the vaccine, given to us through the hands of those same scientists.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Gutless wonders. Let the school officials face the rath of the troglodytes! Cowardly GOP.

Legend
Legend

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Where were all the anti vaxers/maskers when the law was changed to make it a crime for somebody with aids to have unprotected sex with somebody else without informing them??? Not one single time did I hear any of them complain... hey my body my right... MY FREEDUMB notallthere

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Where were all the anti vaxers/maskers when the law was changed to make it a crime for somebody with aids to have unprotected sex with somebody else without informing them??? Not one single time did I hear any of them complain... hey my body my right... MY FREEDUMB notallthere

rofl As if antivaxer’s and non maskers would use some sort of protection during sex.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
They use Ivermectin so they don't have to go in gloved.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
GC. ....
You are a human being, or once were....

Ok, so what is he?

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
He actually might have a point there.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm honestly curious as to what he means by that.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Every Republican Governor is going to sue this lunatic/Chinese agent/Globalist PUPPET...

This tyrannical leadership is just the Globalists continuing their undermining of our country.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Every Republican Governor is going to sue this lunatic/Chinese agent/Globalist PUPPET...

What grounds do they have to sue you over SB?

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I am too. I’ll presume it was because I was injected with what I believe he referred to as reptilian DNA at some point.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Is that why my vision seemed to improve in the dark?

saywhat

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I personally find it much easier to clean my siding now that I can crawl up it.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Spoiler alert, science wins.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

This tyrannical leadership is just the Globalists continuing their undermining of our country.

And here is the supreme court ruling over vaccine mandates from 1905 that has been tried a few times but not overturned-as of yet

We come, then, to inquire whether any right given or secured by the Constitution is invaded by the statute as interpreted by the state court. The defendant insists that his liberty is invaded when the state subjects him to fine or imprisonment for neglecting or refusing to submit to vaccination; that a compulsory vaccination law is unreasonable, arbitrary, and oppressive, and, therefore, hostile to the inherent right of every freeman to care for his own body and health in such way as to him seems best; and that the execution of such a law against one who objects to vaccination, no matter for what reason, is nothing short of an assault upon his person.
But the liberty secured by the Constitution of the United States to every person within its jurisdiction does not import an absolute right in each person to be, at all times and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint. There are manifold restraints to which every person is necessarily subject for the common good. On any other basis organized society could not exist with safety to its members. Society based on the rule that each one is a law unto himself would soon be confronted with disorder and anarchy. Real liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own, whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others. This court has more than once recognized it as a fundamental principle that 'persons and property are subjected to all kinds of restraints and burdens in order to secure the general comfort, health, and prosperity of the state ...

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/197/11

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
He doesn't care about facts. He probably doesn't even care that all the way back to the revolutionary war George Washington pushed for and accomplished mandatory smallpox vaccines for all of the troops.

History doesn't matter. SCOTUS rulings don't matter. Only the agenda Breitbart, OAN and Alex Jones push matter to him.

I guess George Washington was a tyrannical globalist. wink

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid ~ Wave After Wave ~ Part 6

Link Copied to Clipboard