Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I thought you did not watch the game? There is no qb controversy. We won our opener for the first time since 2004. JB led us to a game-winning score. Yes, he threw some ugly, ugly passes. However, he did not turn it over as opposed to the other qb. Took only one sack instead of four on the other side.. Didn't have 4-5 passes batted down. Didn't fumble the snap multiple times which led to the other team being behind the chains. We won on the road in a game in which we were not favored. I get that you guys are into the doom and gloom and are upset about Baker, but maybe you can please let Browns fans enjoy a win for a week?

rofl He can't let his hate go. Hey Vers, pm me your shipping address and I'll send you some Jacoby Brissett fan club pom-poms. rofl You guy won the day, barely, thanks to Cade York's leg. I'm almost sad Cade made it because part of me really wanted to hear your excuses.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/13/22 08:07 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: tastybrownies
T
Legend
Legend
T
Expectations for Jacoby. ... prior to game 2.

Jacoby Brissett in Game #I.
I8 completions,
/ 34 attempts. ... ( I6 the number of ones not compete)

I47 yards, 74 @br. rating, and One Touchdown. Game one.

Now, Expectations for Jacoby Brissett for Game #2.
I9 completions, so one more,
on 33 attempts, so one or two less ( I4 would be the ones not complete)
I56 yards, ( so 9 more yards passing than in game one)

A 75 passer rating, and at least one Touchdown. (Touchdowns can't always be predicted sometimes the ball is gifted to your team in the red zone to start a drive, and sometimes you just punch it in on the ground.

So, just a small amount of improvement in every category. (Boy that sounds bleak.)

Well, he's not playing the Ravens, if they were playing the Ravens, this week, I'd say expecations= trainwreck and trainwreck=expecations the same way either way you look at it.

(And Throw the ball to Nick Chubb whenever possible, I think the Browns have a high winning percentage when Chubb catches the ball for 40+ yards on a day. )

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
He didn't turn the ball over and he led us on a game winning drive to end the game. Not sure if you can expect more of fill-in qb. I'll take that every game.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: Versatile Dog, lampdogg
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by jfanent
He didn't turn the ball over and he led us on a game winning drive to end the game. Not sure if you can expect more of fill-in qb. I'll take that every game.

At the end of the day...there it is. In the NFL, you are what your record says you are...other things are interesting...but nothing else matters. Que Metallica

V
Legend
Legend
V
He also avoided multiple sacks. That's important because we either got points or better field position due to that fact. I said before the season he might throw fewer picks and take fewer needless sacks than what we had the last four years. JB is not very good. He isn't going to make others better. He isn't going to win games for you. But, he might not lose as many for you, either. He's a quality backup qb and will fit into that role nicely once Watson returns.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Not much in terms of expectations from Dawgs4life.

Where does Jacoby Brisset rank in comparison to the @uarterbacks that would mostly be ranked I0th-20th best in the NFL.
Can we be sure that J. Brissett is not a top 20 @uarterback.
Then:
Ask the same @uestion about him in comparision to the @uarterbacks that would most likely be ranked 20th-30th in the NFL.
Can we be sure that Jacoby Brisset is not a top 30 @uarterback in the league.
and if so,
Then What are the Browns doing here, with forcing a @b that's clearly not top 30, on a team, where, @uarterback play is so important every week in every game.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
C
Legend
Legend
C
I never thought Brissett would play a game like he did against the Jets. Well done.

1 member likes this: jfanent
O
Legend
Legend
O
X2

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
jacoby had an excellent game. i dont even care about the pick at the end cause we all know that game was lost by our pathetic defense.

lets hope we get this version on thursday.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by cfrs15
I never thought Brissett would play a game like he did against the Jets. Well done.
He lost.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
He lost.

Browns* lost
Originally Posted by Swish
jacoby had an excellent game. i dont even care about the pick at the end cause we all know that game was lost by our pathetic defense.

this. no longer worried anymore about the ability to move the ball in the air. only thing to see now is consistency

Last edited by HotBYoungTurk; 09/18/22 06:09 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by HotBYoungTurk
He lost.

Browns* lost
Originally Posted by Swish

this. no longer worried anymore about the ability to move the ball in the air. only thing to see now is consistency

He lost.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The issue is that 3 of our 4 first games are against 2021 nonplayoff teams. It's the weakest part of our schedule and we just lost to what many consider our weakest 2022 opponent with their backup QB. Let's not forget that we received a referee no call on intentional grounding (considered one of the 3 biggest blown plays by the refs in week 1) otherwise we'd be sitting here at 0-2. The meat of the schedule may tell a totally different story.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Half empty 0-2.

Half full 2-0.

Reality 1-1.

The offense was outstanding. Jacoby played lights out. I don't know if DW could have played any better.

Special Teams were horrible. The secondary and the defense failed.

The game was an oddity from the standpoint of what actually had to happen in order to lose.

The reaction by fans is expected. Let us find someone to lynch.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bonefish

The reaction by fans is expected justified. Let us find someone to lynch.

Fixed it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P

Nor did I. He had a great game!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
He lost.

When your D gives up 13 points with two minutes left in the game, "he" didn't lose.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Brissett is having the type of season we would expect from him.

40/61 2 TD's 1 INT 376 YDS

he isn't doing anything to help or hurt us. Which, is what we need for 9 more games.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Brissett yesterday was better than Baker last season. He was pretty freaking controlled and efficient

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Brissett is having the type of season we would expect from him.

40/61 2 TD's 1 INT 376 YDS

he isn't doing anything to help or hurt us. Which, is what we need for 9 more games.

I absolutely agree.

But I'm going to wait until we play a couple of above average defenses (and we can't count on the rush yards as much) before I feel comfortable.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Brissett yesterday was better than Baker last season. He was pretty freaking controlled and efficient

Against a pathetic team.

1 member likes this: AZBrown
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I find it pretty odd that some of the very people that say they are tired of hearing about Baker keep bringing up Baker.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
j/c

I find it pretty odd that some of the very people that say they are tired of hearing about Baker keep bringing up Baker.

Pretty odd? Disturbing would be a better descriptor.

[Linked Image from media1.giphy.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Wonder why a poster who has said he is no longer rooting for the Browns and hasn't watched the Browns play this year is commenting on a thread that is about a QB he hasn't even seen play in a Browns uniform? Trolling, I suppose.

V
Legend
Legend
V
It might be a mirage, but how many of us expected this? Hell, there were people wanting Dobbs to be the starter.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c:

Wonder why a poster who has said he is no longer rooting for the Browns and hasn't watched the Browns play this year is commenting on a thread that is about a QB he hasn't even seen play in a Browns uniform? Trolling, I suppose.

That's because, since you are referring to me in a very cowardly manner, I never said that I wasn't rooting for the Browns. I do root for the Browns. At least until watson begins to play as the QB. I'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I've said I'm no longer a fan. You love to try and harp on that fact. Fan is short for fanatic. I no longer hold the passion of which I think it takes to qualify as a fanatic of this team. I know you won't see this because you lack the courage it takes to read what someone posts you can't seem to stop talking about. You would rather talk about them blindly without the courage it takes to face them head on.

A troll would talk about someone while refusing to face them although there are other words that describe that.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
There are a couple of other things I like about him. He is a calm, low-key guy who doesn't crave being the center of attention. He has also stood in the face of the rush to deliver the ball and even has escaped sacks. That prevents us from getting behind the chains, which is huge. And I don't have the numbers to back this up, but it seems like he has completed quite a few 3rd down passes to keep drives alive.

It might not continue, but thus far I am pleased w/his performance.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Jacoby Brissett believes Browns moved toward 'what we want this offense to look like'

Brissett executed the Browns’ offensive blueprint and provided a silver lining from a difficult loss

Sep 20, 2022 at 05:57 PM
Employee Headshots on June 24, 2021
Anthony Poisal
Staff Writer

Jacoby Brissett looked like a quarterback who was playing close to his best football Sunday against the Jets.

Despite a 31-30 loss the Browns are eager to forget, Brissett and the offense provided a silver lining to an otherwise disappointing day — they generated 405 total yards with 221 of them coming from Brissett's arm. He established a great rhythm with top receiver Amari Cooper, looked for ways to get TE David Njoku involved and generated several opportunities on screen passes to the running backs.

His performance didn't result in a win, but it was a textbook example of what the Browns hope to do every week with Brissett under center.

"I thought we did a lot of good things well and moved forward toward what we want this offense to look like," Brissett said. "Each week is totally different, and we only have to score one more point than the other team. That's just the mindset. However that comes, we are up for the challenge."

The Browns set themselves up for success by using their elite run game to pound away for yards and create favorable pass situations for Brissett — and it worked.

The offense's third-down success rate is one way to measure that success.

The Browns finished at a superb 8-for-12 on third downs and only faced third downs of seven or more yards four times. By only needing a few yards on the "money down," the Browns could keep things simple and easy for Brissett, who passed on 10 of the 12 third downs and moved the chains on six of them.

Four of those conversions were to Cooper, whose production was another example of overall offensive improvement

After catching only three passes for 17 yards in Week 1, Cooper connected with Brissett nine times on 10 targets for 101 yards and one touchdown. That marked Cooper's most productive performance since Week 7 last season when he was a member of the Cowboys, and the Browns brought him to Cleveland to be the first and often best look for their QBs.

He certainly filled that role Sunday.

"That was just one of those days for him," Brissett said. "Did a really good job of understanding the plan. I thought we as a collective group understood the plan. It wasn't just Amari. Obviously, Amari was getting himself open, but players were running routes to help get him open. Just capitalized on the opportunities that we had."

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/new...ward-what-we-want-this-offense-to-look-l

V
Legend
Legend
V

1 member likes this: Swish
V
Legend
Legend
V
It's very early, but there was a lot of talk about Jacoby vs Baker this off-season. I said I thought that JB might take fewer sacks and throw fewer picks than Baker. That was hotly debated. Also, there was a lot of talk about how much better Baker was as a QB.

Again, it's early and a lot can change, but thus far:

Both JB and BM have one interception. As an aside, both have thrown 2 TD passes.

JB has been sacked twice and BM 6 times.

JB is 12th out of 32 ranked QBs in QBR at 59.3. BM is dead last at 23.7.

The above can be found at https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/table/passing/sort/adjQBR/dir/desc

I also looked up their PFF grades.

JB is 17th of 34 ranked QBs at 64.4. BM is ranked 32nd out of 34 ranked QBs at 45.5

P
Legend
Legend
P
I thought you didn't want to talk about him anymore? Maybe you just don't want anyone else talking about him but you. At least that's the way it looks.

I do love you always put a qualifier to try to avoid responsibility for your posts however.....

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
It's very early, but there was a lot of talk about Jacoby vs Baker this off-season. I said I thought that JB might take fewer sacks and throw fewer picks than Baker. That was hotly debated. Also, there was a lot of talk about how much better Baker was as a QB.

Both JB and BM have one interception. As an aside, both have thrown 2 TD passes.

The above can be found at https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/table/passing/sort/adjQBR/dir/desc

JB is 17th of 34 ranked QBs at 64.4. BM is ranked 32nd out of 34 ranked QBs at 45.5

Jacoby threw a late Q4 pick. Had he not thrown a pick there...we would have had a chance to win with a last second field goal...just like in week 1 versus the Panthers.

No one in their right mind is/was blaming the loss on Jacoby...however...if our old QB played the exact same game...with the exact same results...YOU would have harped on that INT ad nauseam.

Jacoby plays for a team that is supposedly a playoff caliber team...our old QB plays on a supposedly bottom 5 team.

Your hypocrisy is remarkable. Only you and BakerDawg have the Baker fanboy syndrome...and BakerDawg has moved on.

2 members like this: mgh888, archbolddawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ditto

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

vers...and all of this means WHAT..?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
V
Legend
Legend
V
Interpret however you like. I'm not telling you what to think.

I provided factual football talk. Others are talking about other posters.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
vers...and all of this means WHAT..?[/quote]

That at the end of the day and the Browns only win 5-6 games this year, Vers will still be blaming it on Mayfield. He's the only poster that still brings him up for any incident that occurs with the Browns. Hell, I'm shocked he hasn't blamed Baker for hands team Cooper missing the on-side kick Sunday. Oh well, can't wait for his next excuse to bring up Baker to try and prove his point.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Amen

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V
This is interesting from week 2.

Brissett was graded the #1 QB overall vs pressure.

He was graded at #8 when not pressured.

Earned a #1 grade when throwing in less than 2.5 seconds.

Was 8th when receiving over 2.5 seconds to throw.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Browns/comments/xihwwk/browns_vs_jets_week_2_pff_grade_albums/

https://imgur.com/a/cuka1ND

I think maybe it's time for some people to reconsider how they view for Stefanski. He already elevated one qb here and while it is very early, he has JB playing the best ball of his life. Btw----I'm not taking any credit away from Jacoby. I just think there is a false perception fueled by a few of Stefanski.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

anyone who had realistic expectations for Jacoby cannot be disappointed in his play. Played well enough to win week 1, played more than well enough to win week 2.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Stefanski seems like a great OC/QB coach. The Browns put up points and move the ball. He elevates the QB play.

Is he a good head coach? Does what happened last week happen to a good head coach? I'd say no because what happened last week doesn't even happen to bad head coaches.

The key now is how he and his team respond. We are going to find out what kind of HEAD coach he is beginning tonight.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Expectations for Jacoby

Link Copied to Clipboard