Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Tired of a few people telling others what they are allowed to post and not post.

Priceless. Thanks for the laughs.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
For the record..........I am NOT the one who brought up the "whole story."

You routinely do not bring up the whole story.

1 member likes this: mac
M
Legend
Legend
M
rofl

Ok the last couple posts were very funny. Thank you both.

For whatever reason your post made me think of one of the famous and funny quotes attributed to Churchill -

Nancy Astor: "Sir, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea."
Winston Churchill: "Madame,i f you were my wife, I'd drink it!"

Last edited by mgh888; 12/29/22 12:47 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So how does watson's QBR stack up against Baker again?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c...

THANKS Aditi. Been saying it for years. Nothing changes until this changes. WE AIN'T GOT NO NASTY.

1:27:00

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
So how does watson's QBR stack up against Baker again?

I know your putting a dig on Vers. But as far as your question goes what are their career qb ratings average to stack them up against each other. In other words the whole picture.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think we both know Tom Brady isn't the same QB today he was 10 years ago. Watson may never be the same QB he was in Houston. That's yet to be seen. Players have good seasons and bad seasons. Players face issues in their private lives that may greatly interfere in their on filed ability to perform. What a player did two years ago, three years ago and so on have nothing to do with how they are performing now.

We both know the NFL stands for "Not for long" if you don't continue to play on a high level.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
1:29:06 --- "well one time" rofl

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Ok I’ll tell you. 5 nfl seasons DW has a career QB rating 102……5 nfl seasons BM QB rating 87.

The numbers stack up pretty good for DW on the stat you questioned.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
You must have missed the parameters that were outlined. Vers gave Mayfield's QBR for "this season". I'm simply following the parameters that were posted and given. If you have decided to move the goal posts on that, that's your decision to make.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I wasn’t moving any goal post. And yes I missed the post you’re talking about ver’s parameters. Never the less, I asked what their average was for their career to get the complete picture. Ignoring the larger picture and focusing in on a few games isn’t even aiming for the goal post.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe you should look at how some players have played in the past compared to how they're playing now. Then ask yourself if how they played in the past has any relevance to how they're playing now. Once you figure that out you can see how your question isn't really important. And remember as you consider that, Derrick Carr was just benched. Russell Wilson has looked like garbage all year and Matty Ice has crapped the bed.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The only thing I would compare them to from before to now is the coaching staff and scheme.

That in a small way kind of gives you an understanding of what helps or holds back a players ability

To be successful or not. Coaches and schemes are a part of the success or failure of a player.

Now is what matters and consistency from game day to game day is very important.

We all know some players can play well week to week, while others have on and off performances.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree to some extent. The coaching and scheme they're put into does impact their play. Then again I think a lot of factors play a part in that. You also in this case have to factor in he hadn't played a game in 700 days. Nobody can say for sure whether or not he can ever be the same QB he was before either way. I'm certainly not predicting that he won't be but on the other hand I'm not willing to say he will be. The jury is far from being in on that.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Looks like you’re ignoring the bigger picture with R. Wilson also. Denver has had the most injuries this year of any team in the NFL and worked with only one original starter WR who was also questionable from time to time. Not to mention the most terrible play calling and coaching staff in the NFL …axed, faster than a Kitchens and staff. Just saying a stat like the NFL QBR over a few games doesn’t really say too much.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think you need to remember that it wasn't me who asked strictly for QBR numbers and ignored every other factor in the equation. Things like multiple coaches and OC's with all different systems to learn in a short period of time. QB's playing injured. When people wish to focus on nothing but raw numbers without any other factors in mind that's how things end up. Russell Wilson isn't the only QB in this discussion with extenuating circumstances to consider.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

How did Watson become part of the conversation? I saw a post or two about Baker. Some of his recent stats were posted. I made some sort of a comment about Baker being in the thread. I was informed it was a player news thread and it was totally appropriate. Thus, since it was appropriate, I post Baker's season stats instead of just a recent game or games. Somehow, Watson was brought into the picture. What does he have to do w/Baker's season stats? How did Watson have anything to do w/Baker's stats w/Carolina and LA? This is not just moving the goal posts, it's moving the entire field.

If someone wants to trash Watson by posting his QBR and PFF grades, please do so. I could care less. But Watson doesn't have a damn thing to do w/Baker's performance.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
And Baker has nothing to do with the Stefanski led Browns sucking eggs worse than they have any year he's been here. I can open any thread and find a post of yours ragging on Mayfield, but a person has to look high and far to find any post from you showing disgust for the second year in a row a playoff caliber team finishing under .500. Baker hatred posts offers no opinion on the correction of a team that's going down the toilet faster than a floating turd. Not only that but the team currently has secured their position as the last place team in the AFC North with 2 weeks to go. You can spin it any way you like and continue beating up on a player long gone but the Browns are a last place team with the best OL in the NFL, #1 RB, #1 DE, top 5 CB, a #1 WR, and a 230M QB and they are the last place team in the AFC North and the 3rd worse team in the entire AFC. Whew, and you want to continue to talk about Baker - LOL.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
V
Legend
Legend
V
Uhmmm.........I did not bring Baker up. Others did. Are you dictating who can comment on Baker and who can not? Who gave you that power?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Uhmmm.........I did not bring Baker up. Others did. Are you dictating who can comment on Baker and who can not? Who gave you that power?

As a forum member, I have the same power that you do so before questioning me, do a self-evaluation and recognize the number of times of you demanding Baker posts stop and your invitation to other forum members to leave the Browns forum. By the way - YOU ARE ALWAYS THE PERSON WHO BRINGS BAKER UP. Your hatred and Mayfield living in your head is well documented.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Baker's Cooking in LA | Kurt Warner Breaks Down the Game Tape | Baker Mayfield Los Angeles Rams

I know more than half of you don't care what Baker does, but Kurt Warner says he's still a starter and says some things that are pretty damning on Ski and Company.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/29/22 09:23 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: Tackman
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
OCD with all respect

You are right, I don't care what Baker does. Baker isn't consistent. He has a good game or two then a bad game or two.

He himself admitted he had a good 2018, then a bad 2019, then a good 2020, then a bad 2021.

AS far as what Kurt Warner says is nothing more than another opinion

If Bernie Kosar came out and said Baker is cooking in LA, But as in his ass is cooking because he isn't consistent what would you think ?

Baker had his moments as a Brown, He didn't fare well in Carolina and he has had two good games in LA

If he does well in LA, then good for him the team and fans of LA

Baker is no longer a Browns player and trying to use him for a reason why the Browns struggle is silly.

The Browns have been struggling since "99"

The Browns are still struggling with Watson as a QB

This whole Baker vs Watson thing is just getting old AF !

I root for the Browns and right now the Browns struggles are far more concerning for myself then what Baker is doing or not doing

This whole thing is so exhausting, the losing sucks, Baker vs Watson sucks, the FO and analytics sucks.

Right now as a fan of the Browns, my biggest concern is somehow getting the team to win

Whoever the HC is, whoever the QB is, who ever the owner is, whoever wants to tweet or speak their opinion

All of these things that I have no control of...none of us do, it just doesn't matter

All we can do is watch week by week and hope for a win

Even then, it's something we have no control over

What we have control of , is how we support this team come game day !

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
5 members like this: Milk Man, Versatile Dog, MemphisBrownie
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Lmao !!

I knew he was going to make another career for himself !

lol smile

I had more respect and admired Fitz , he was a very classy player and person

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by steve0255
Yeah, right.

Anyways..........the McDaniels/Carr story is pretty amazing. I hate to admit it, but I wanted McDaniels or Dan Campbell over Stefanski as HC. Campbell is actually doing a nice job, but McDaniels has sucked ass and he was my #1 choice. I was wrong. He is actually making Carr inactive for this upcoming game. WTH?!? He's a really great OC, but he looks like a total dufus as a HC.

So let me get this straight from you Vers:

The Raiders Offense in year 1 with McDaniel's calling the plays are scoring 23.2 PPG through 15 weeks
The Browns Offense in year 3 with Stefanski calling the plays are scoring 21.5 PPG through 15 weeks
The Raiders have a 6-9 record through 15 weeks
The Browns have a 6-9 record through 15 weeks
Carr has a passer rating of 86.3 through 15 weeks with McDaniels
Brissett has a passer rating of 88.9 through 15 weeks with Stefanski
Watson has a passer rating of 69.3 through 15 weeks with Stefanski
The Raiders defense is allowing 23.3 PPG
The Browns defense is allowing 22.9 PPG (blamed on the DC)
The Raiders run defense is allowing 116.6 yard per game Ranked 15th in run defense
The Browns run defense is allowing 134.3 yards per game Ranked 25th in run defense (Blamed on the DC)

If McDaniels has sucked ass and looks like a total dufus as a HC in year 1, what adjectives are you going to use for Stefanski's year 3 performance that has been in most cases even worse than what McDaniels has posted? Inquiring minds just want to know!

poke CRICKETS

V
Legend
Legend
V
You think Stefanski sucks. Fine w/me and I won't try to change your mind.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Steelers rookie Kenny Pickett graded as top three QB in NFL
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...mp;cvid=69576241f97540d4b5ed6e67f7d5e9c9

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Baker's Cooking in LA | Kurt Warner Breaks Down the Game Tape | Baker Mayfield Los Angeles Rams

I know more than half of you don't care what Baker does, but Kurt Warner says he's still a starter and says some things that are pretty damning on Ski and Company.

Thanks for sharing - I watched last night and it's a great breakdown of what BM does well, the best I have seen.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by steve0255
Steelers rookie Kenny Pickett graded as top three QB in NFL
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...mp;cvid=69576241f97540d4b5ed6e67f7d5e9c9

Two touchdowns and one interception in four games and that puts him as the number three QB ?

I'm laughing so hard right now I feel like I might just pass out !!!

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You think Stefanski sucks. Fine w/me and I won't try to change your mind.

It was your post where you jumped out there with the bias opinion that McDaniels sucked ass and looks like a total dufus out there as a HC. I just posted the stat comparison that shows Stefanski equal or worse in his own HC numbers produced this year and asked for your adjectives to explain Stefanski's coaching resume in 2022. I mean, I'm ok with you voicing your biased opinion about McDaniels, I just think that if the biased opinion is good enough for McDaniels then an equal or more critical opinion should be warranted and expected from you for Stefanski's equally poor performance. JMHO, you shouldn't throw rocks if you live in a glass house.

A side note, I don't think Stefanski sucks. IMHO, he is incapable of being a HC and the continued regression of a team that's playoff caliber is unacceptable. Add to that fact that he has taken no responsibility at all for the defense poor showing or special teams just screams replacement immediately. A HC is responsible for all aspects of the team, not just the offense. The Browns need an actual HC to right the ship. Besides, according to your biased opinion on McDaniels when applied equally to Stefanski: Stefanski "has sucked ass and looks like a total dufus out there as a HC" in 2022.

Last edited by steve0255; 12/30/22 02:05 PM. Reason: spelling

V
Legend
Legend
V
Somehow, this will be another example of me starting another fight.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Somehow, this will be another example of me starting another fight.

No fight, just asking a serious football question based on your very own post.

V
Legend
Legend
V
steve, think what you want. Say what you want. I don't want to talk to you.

P
Legend
Legend
P

Says the guy acting like somebody shot his dog because watson came up in this thread. You really can't see it can you?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
See what happens when you actually try to talk football with him and have an actual point? He blames you for starting a fight and refuses to address it.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
I took it that he didn't have much of an argument and took his ball and went home. When you call McDaniel's a dufus and then someone puts side by side meaningful stats McDaniels v Stefanski and Stefanski looks just as bad, what is your defense of KS going to be?

It's a lot like his accusation that I moved the goal posts and was looking to fight when I made a statement that no-one said Vers used a certain phrase ('the whole story") he then went on a tirade, quoted me and then claimed I had said "no-one" used that phraze. The black and white text was there to see what I said, Vers changed the argument in the space of 5 minutes and invented something I never said. It's a pattern of behavior we are all supposed to ignore apparently.

Last edited by mgh888; 12/30/22 03:58 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Buccaneers quarterback Blaine Gabbert and his brothers use jet skis to rescue 4 people after helicopter crashes into water

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/blaine...XDo73vipqVPJlz4kxHF_A5_jzeWqA11Jt9DdogNk

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Wow! shocked

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Tensions are strained in Baltimore between Lamar and the organization. The Ravens have a very tough decision to make this off-season. Is it a wise decision to fully commit to Lamar by giving him a better deal than the one Watson received?

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Player News-continued

Link Copied to Clipboard