Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,923
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,923
You play one game at a time.

You can lose to any team.

However, when you look at the Browns schedule. There are favorable match-ups.

I never thought that DW could play like he did in the second half of the Bucs game. But there it was. He played well.

Can he repeat that performance? Frankly, I do not know. But if you do it once. You should be able to be close.

If that is the case. The entire season changes. The final record could be something that a week ago would have looked impossible.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,011
H
Hall of Famer
Online
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,011
IMO at this point I would not trade any of our QB's. You don't know how our season will go. I predicted we would win no more than 5-6 games, but what do I know? We may win more or less. What I do know is we go through 3-4 QB's a year. Let's wait until the trade deadline, I believe it's November 10th and see where we stand then.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,457
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,457
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
IMO at this point I would not trade any of our QB's. You don't know how our season will go. I predicted we would win no more than 5-6 games, but what do I know? We may win more or less. What I do know is we go through 3-4 QB's a year. Let's wait until the trade deadline, I believe it's November 10th and see where we stand then.


It's not a wait and see in some cases, as I said in some.

If a team is in desperate need, they may offer more for a player than just simply waiting on a player for a tradeline date.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,581
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,581
Watson is gone at the end of the season no matter what. His contract is structured that way. So, he's motivated to lay down good tape for the next team.


Meh.
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,481
F
Dawg Talker
Online
Dawg Talker
F
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,481
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Watson is gone at the end of the season no matter what. His contract is structured that way. So, he's motivated to lay down good tape for the next team.

Which could be good for us.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 884
J
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
J
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 884
Nice
Plus if he plays like this his comp pick could
Ensure that we get more front seven support

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,868
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,868
I don't think you get compensation for players you cut.

Here's an article on his contract..

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-deshaun-watson-contract-release-2027/

Cap hit when the Browns cut him June 1st 2027:

2027: $34.7 million in dead cap
2028: $51.5 million in dead cap


The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Deshaun Watson today

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5