Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Very doubtful anyone was moderating the mods.

Edited to add: In fact, they weren't.

Last edited by DawgMichelle; 03/04/14 08:43 PM.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Cool......even more reason to eliminate the board.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That makes no sense….but okay.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Legend
Legend
In all honesty, how long would it take for the person in charge to log in twice a day and do a search of particularly objectionable words? 2 minutes? I am sure they had to have had word filters set up as well. I doubt that anyone from the Browns had to do much.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Right…but I'm just doubting they checked in a couple times a day. The Refs were pretty trusted, I think. After all, most had been around longer than any person in the front office. LOL

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Quote:

Quote:

I always found the George C Scott version to be a weak imitation of the Alistair Sim version. But it has been growing on me.

However I would still prefer the Captain Picard version over the Scott version.

IDK, I keep waiting for him to say "make it so"

and for me nothing is better than GCS at the gravesite with the gohst of Xmas future or whaever the hell he is called,

Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come! I'm with ya on the Picard thing too, that one had to grow on me as well.

But as I said, Alistair Sim is the Scrooge to measure all Scrooges by. Highly recommend it!

By the way, I think we should stop talking about Christmas for a few months. MAYBE IT'LL START TO WARM UP THEN!

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
R
All Pro
All Pro
R
Quote:

In all honesty, how long would it take for the person in charge to log in twice a day and do a search of particularly objectionable words? 2 minutes? I am sure they had to have had word filters set up as well. I doubt that anyone from the Browns had to do much.

Yes they had word filters. The guys in the front office never checked in on the board. They had no clue and didn't even care. Over the years we had several people who put a lot of effort into making that message board great, but the last several guys in charge just acted like they didn't want to be bothered with it, or that it was beneath them.

I see and hear everything. Now where did I put my white cane, and my hearing aid?
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Yes they had word filters. The guys in the front office never checked in on the board. They had no clue and didn't even care. Over the years we had several people who put a lot of effort into making that message board great, but the last several guys in charge just acted like they didn't want to be bothered with it, or that it was beneath them.

Not that I really care because I have no need to go back there (if it existed that is) But that's short sighted.

A message board is one of the best ways to get "COMPLETE" information out to the fans.

On Twitter and facebook you get sound bites and you don't even know what's true or not, on here you have a forum to get the entire story out. They misused the board and they blew it.

But that's just my opinion. FWIW

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
JC

Either way you want to slice the pie about the old board, for me - I'll miss it as much as I'll miss Davone Bess.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

JC

Either way you want to slice the pie about the old board, for me - I'll miss it as much as I'll miss Davone Bess.

What flavor of Pie?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
eotab #855507 03/06/14 02:04 AM
Rookie
Rookie
Quote:

First time they ever said the words "PERMANENTLY" and its a sticky at the top with post #1 from the BROWNS TEAM. Now thanks for being loyal fans or anything just come visit the media section they supply and force feed and oh yeah buy things...lol

This is why I love this board... Yo'all Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
- Isaac Asimov
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

JC

What flavor of Pie?

Chocolate... the "other" chocolate...

"too many notes, not enough music-"
D
Legend
Legend
D
The 3.14159 flavor of "pie",

Legend
Legend
I see what you did there-

+1

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
When they first announced ending the Chat forum. I emailed them and said - Hey if they wish I can get a PRIVATELY ran Browns message board to link in if they wanted...lol

thus putting Dawgtalk back as the original message board but ran by PPE if he wanted.

But they never got back to me. I did also ask, "just curious but are the Browns the only team now without a message board." " Is it wise to do cut off the fans at this junction of disarray?"

But did it all nicely...I should have done it in purple....lol

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I see what you did there-

+1

LOL Dense is my middle name, I have no idea what he did there

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Damansdensehot?

Or... Dadensemanshot?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I think we should just be glad Ice Cream doesn't have a mathematical value.

#GMSTRONG
Tulsa #855515 03/06/14 03:22 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
It does! Have you ever seen the prices at Baskin Robbins?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

It does! Have you ever seen the prices at Baskin Robbins?

and why we go down the rocky road less traveled.

#GMSTRONG
gage #855517 03/10/14 08:18 PM
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Quote:

Steelers had one at one point, and I'm pretty sure the steelers and browns websites use the same framework. The templates are different but the message telling me to turn off my ad blocker looks identical.

Steelers had one until a couple of years ago. It crashed a lot, and wasn't used very much. There are many alternate forums at various websites.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

You mean back in the day no one was moderating Shep? Who would have thunk it?

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Way Back in the day the Browns did monitor it.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

You mean back in the day no one was moderating Shep? Who would have thunk it?

Actually, the 1st 2 people from the Browns New Media department that I worked with as a Ref were fantastic.

The 3rd guy was a big downgrade, and the start of the downward spiral of that board. It was either that guy, or his successor, who replaced Dawg Talk with that mess that had been in place for the past 7 or so years, and who made all kinds of promises, like a contest for naming the board ....... and so on, that never materialized. I know that the Refs who were active at that point were frustrated, and that frustration grew over the years. .

However, when the boards started, they were very important to the Browns, and were treated as such.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
eotab #855521 03/15/14 04:39 PM
F
Rookie
Rookie
F
I was always a reader and rarely a poster at the official browns chat and it's predecessor Dawg Talk. I had already registered here but I guess I will be a ghost in the background here now instead of over there:)

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I was always a reader and rarely a poster at the official browns chat and it's predecessor Dawg Talk. I had already registered here but I guess I will be a ghost in the background here now instead of over there:)

Welcome but maybe you should change your handle to Casper LOL

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
GMdawg #855523 03/17/14 09:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The official cleveland browns dot come message board didn't have a lot of traffic. I personally think the mods were way too quick to suspend people there, so fans would get discouraged and frequent other boards instead.

I used to call that board "the most over-moderated message board on the planet." When I first joined I would get suspended all the time, usually for cussing. After awhile I finally figured it out and hadn't got suspended for a few years. I posted there all the time. THEY LOVED ME. lol.

I slowly started jumping ship about a month before it closed down due to the lack of people posting there.

I really liked the layout there. It was very simple; basic. 'Standard.' Home.

#855524 03/18/14 08:54 AM
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I once got suspended for typing **** instead of the s-word. After that I knew I needed to find a new forum.

#855525 03/18/14 09:26 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

What's really funny about that is that the reason this board looks and operates the way it does is because most from the original board on the main site liked this format better. So when the Browns revamped that board in September 2006 Purp put this board up and quite a few of us jumped over here.

I think I remember most folks saying they hated the new format over there and loved t his one..

ironic isn't it LOL

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pretty funny you broke the rule on purpose. What else would you expect? They should've let you go because you used masked profanity instead of profanity?!

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

Pretty funny you broke the rule on purpose. What else would you expect? They should've let you go because you used masked profanity instead of profanity?!

I guess that's one way to look at censoring, but usually masked profanity is something like "d@mn" or something that's vaguely masked.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

What's really funny about that is that the reason this board looks and operates the way it does is because most from the original board on the main site liked this format better. So when the Browns revamped that board in September 2006 Purp put this board up and quite a few of us jumped over here.

I think I remember most folks saying they hated the new format over there and loved t his one..

ironic isn't it LOL

It wasn't the format that sent me packing....
...it was the 'quality' of the posts that came with the new names.

It was as if the entire board got overrun with snarky 10th-graders....

I posted maybe 3 times before I felt like I needed a shower. Sent a PM to one of the Olde School posters, who directed me here. I never went back.

D
Legend
Legend
D
JC

I am glad I am not the only one who felt the Refs there were very quick to ban and etc. Especially in my case of knowing I didn't push, press or violate of their rules.

Legend
Legend
LOL

After the change in format, I didn't stay long enough or go back often enough to see the Refs being overly penalizing! So for me, it's because I just couldn't stand the look.

Very "white room" looking.. I had to make my escape quickly LOL

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

I guess that's one way to look at censoring, but usually masked profanity is something like "d@mn" or something that's vaguely masked.

You typed *****. How is that not masked profanity? Seriously asking...

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
J
Legend
Legend
J
If everybody knows what the word is, it's still masked profanity. It probably wouldn't fly here either.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah, that was my point…but apparently Centerville High doesn't agree.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You typed *****. How is that not masked profanity? Seriously asking...

Because it's usually known as censoring. I really don't see bleeping out a word on TV as masked profanity, and I view it as the same.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Okay. Whatever works for you. Good luck when you do it here.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

I once got suspended for typing **** instead of the s-word. After that I knew I needed to find a new forum.

I got suspended a couple of time for 'spreading rumors.' Both "rumors" turned out to be true, but they said they were from "unreliable sources." Hmmmmmmm. Does unreliable sources include Mary Kay Cabot? P.S. Sorry! lol

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Browns Chat room

Link Copied to Clipboard