Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DiamDawg #1602955 03/14/19 07:04 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: RedBaron
Well, it's all "one trade" now supposedly.

So a 1st and Zeitler for OBJ (2 "1sts")

and a 3rd and Peppers for Vernon (2 "3rds")

Does that make everyone happier? smile

U can slice it, dice it put it in the blender and mix it all together ... i could care less .. when u add it all up ..

WERE ONE SCARY ASS TEAM NOW ....

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo thumbsup

Especially on O. We still have a few areas on the D. My thinking is corner, but with the new coordinator who is said to play more zone concepts, a cover guy isn't needed as much, so maybe we already have the pieces in place.

It's going to be fun as heck going to the games this year. The only downside is I can see us playing in 3-4 prime time night games. I am not a big fan of those. Well, the Sunday night games are ok. I don't like Thursday and Monday games. I don't like gameday weekends without a game.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
DogNDC #1602958 03/14/19 07:12 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: DogNDC
Your not a little Happy are you Ballpeen?? HAHAHAHA...
Man, I come into work and EVERYONE is talking about the Browns. Our offense was going to good but now, it should be supercharged!!!

Damn right man, and good to see you around. I wear something Browns every day when I go for a walk. I am the Browns guy on the walking path. I got a few nice comments and thumbs-up's on yesterdays walk.

I have always been a proud Browns fan. It's been a long time since I have been both a proud and Happy Browns fan!

Go Browns!

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
I read this article earlier. I will only include the stuff about the Browns. You can click on the link if you want to read the entire article.

Quote:
2019 NFL free agency winners and losers: Steelers stars breaking up

Kevin SeifertNFL Nation

The NFL's three-day negotiating window has grown so efficient that free agency, as we once knew it, is all but over once the market officially opens. At that moment Wednesday, nine of the top 10 members of ESPN's top 100 free agents -- and 17 of the top 20 -- had already committed to a team.

The twist in 2019 was a series of trades that stole the headlines. We included those deals in our initial look at the winners and losers of the NFL's 2019 free-agent frenzy. Let's dive in.

WINNERS
Cleveland Browns

We always seem to save a spot here for the team that spent the most and/or made the flashiest moves. But the Browns really are a better team now than they were at the end of the 2018 season, having used trades to supersede a mostly humdrum free-agent class.

They've given quarterback Baker Mayfield one of the game's top playmakers in Odell Beckham Jr. They've fortified an already formidable defensive front by acquiring pass-rusher Olivier Vernon. And at some point, they'll have tailback Kareem Hunt, who signed last month but is expected to serve a suspension for a portion of the season.

New coach Freddie Kitchens will be challenged to meld a bunch of edgy personalities, and there is some franchise inertia still to overcome, but for the first time in a quarter-century, the Browns are legitimate playoff contenders.

LOSERS
New York Giants

If the best organizations follow a clear vision, what can we say about the Giants?

A year ago, they were bulking up to make one final run with quarterback Eli Manning, making a series of decisions that included giving Beckham a five-year contract extension. This week, they began a fire sale with Manning still as their quarterback (at least for now). The acquisitions of safety Jabrill Peppers, guard Kevin Zeitler and additional first- and third-round picks in no way compensate for the departures of Collins, Vernon and Beckham.

The Giants now have one of the NFL's least-talented rosters, and hope for improving it is limited by their decision to let Collins walk away (rather than making a trade) and settling for a modest return in the Beckham trade. They don't seem to be following a linear plan and are years late on initiating a succession plan at quarterback. It is as though the Giants -- and general manager Dave Gettleman in particular -- are operating in a long-discarded era of NFL team-building.

AFC North royalty

Either the Steelers or Ravens have won the AFC North in 13 of its 17 seasons in existence. But they both took big hits the past week, while a new competitor emerged before their eyes.

The Steelers capitulated to one of the best players in their recent history, shipping Brown to the Raiders for a return (third- and fifth-round picks) that will make it difficult to even nearly replace his impact. The Ravens, meanwhile, bid farewell to four key players -- Mosley, safety Eric Weddle, linebacker Terrell Suggs and linebacker Za'Darius Smith -- from a defense that carried it to the playoffs last season.

Adam Schefter reports on Earl Thomas' intent to sign a four-year, $55 million deal with the Ravens.

Both the Steelers and Ravens could pick through the remaining market and replenish during the draft. The Ravens already have, to an extent, after agreeing to terms with oft-injured safety Earl Thomas and veteran running back Mark Ingram. But the rise of the Browns as legitimate division contenders, for the first time in a quarter-century, leaves much less room for error.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26248...ars-breaking-up

Legend
Legend
I would have been way more hesitant if we had to give up a 1st/2nd next year on top of what we did

But, in the end this deal works for us IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Did I read this right from a Stat site?

Beckham only had 50% of his targets actually be ON TARGET?

That's INSANE. All on Manning.

OBJ is gonna LOVE Mayfield.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Here is another article on the trade. It's really long, so I will just post the title and the link, but some of the key points are:

--the trade was a disaster for the Giants both on the field and financially.

--how the trade is good for the Browns.

--taking advantage of having your qb on a rookie contract is smart.

The article is entitled: Grading the Odell Beckham Jr. trade from Giants to Browns: Who won?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26243093/grading-odell-beckham-jr-trade-giants-browns-won

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, and read what the Giants did w/out OBJ in the lineup as opposed to him being in the lineup.

What amazes me the most is how much the Giants lost financially by giving him that contract and then trading him less than a year later.

This might go down as one of the worst decisions by an NFL team in league history.

Milk Man #1602976 03/14/19 08:49 AM
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

Mound of snow outside and Dorsey is in shorts. smile

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Yeah, and read what the Giants did w/out OBJ in the lineup as opposed to him being in the lineup.

What amazes me the most is how much the Giants lost financially by giving him that contract and then trading him less than a year later.

This might go down as one of the worst decisions by an NFL team in league history.

IMHO..

Giants are rebuilding, and are trying to acquire draft capital like we did a couple years ago. Which meant parting with some talent.

They know Eli is almost done, and were facing a tough road ahead in that division. So they are starting a little earlier to try to right this ship when they put in Eli's replacement, and build a younger roster.

V
Legend
Legend
V
You should read the articles. They threw money away. Financially incompetent.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, they are so dumb for re-signing him if they had an INKLING that he'd be gone

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
Here is a video on our Super Bowl chances:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=26246703

F
Legend
Legend
F
You should read the articles. They threw money away. Financially incompetent.

I agree, they screwed themselves over. But I don't think it was the plan to start, it was most likely an idea that developed late in the season or off-season.

They surely did not sign OBJ to a new contract knowing they would trade him. I think they were hoping to take 1 more shot at a SB before Eli retired going into last season, but now realize that is a slim chance so are getting a jump on the rebuild.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Here is one of the things I was talking about in case you guys don't want to read all the articles:

Quote:
Less than a year after deciding they wanted Beckham, the Giants have decided he isn't part of their future. In doing so, they've burned all kinds of actual cash and cap space. Let's look at two scenarios. Scenario 1 is what would have happened if they hadn't given him a long-term deal and franchised him for 2019 before making the trade. (Remember, the Giants didn't use their franchise tag this offseason.) Scenario 2 is what actually happened.

Scenario 1: $8.5 million paid to Beckham in cash, $8.5 million on the Giants' 2019 cap, $0 in dead money on the 2019 cap

Scenario 2: $21.5 million paid to Beckham in cash, $5.5 million on the Giants' 2019 cap, $16 million in dead money on the 2019 cap

That's not a typo.
Because Gettleman (or ownership) temporarily decided to keep Beckham around, the Giants paid an extra $13 million out of their coffers and will eat $16 million in dead money on this year's cap for the privilege of doing so. This isn't really a big competitive concern since the Giants don't appear to be particularly close to contending in 2019, but it's a sign of how shortsighted the franchise was in signing OBJ before giving things up seven months later.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm still hammering in the contract information because I think it's been relatively ignored on the board.

I think Dorsey completely abused Gettleman.

The following is from this article: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/odell...utter-disaster/

Quote:
Cleveland Browns: A

Odell Beckham

The Browns won this trade.

They just acquired arguably the league's best receiver who is both 26 years old and under contract for five more seasons with an average annual base salary of roughly $14.5 million.

Quote:
New York Giants: F

Quote:
The Giants paid Odell Beckham $21.459 million in 2018 as part of his new 5-year $90 million contract. He played 12 games before season-ending quad injury. What a waste of money. If they were going to dump him, they should have traded him last year before signing him.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 03/14/19 09:24 AM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Last off season when the giants sat @ #2 I thought for sure they would draft a QB. Running backs are nice don't get me wrong but QB's are far and away more impactful and they last a lot longer too. Add to that the Giants of old always did the smart thing even if it didn't work out so well they did what was smart, not any more.

In hindsight this is obviously a organization in deep trouble. You look at what Dorsey did last draft, he found a QB he loved and he took him #1 overall. Why because when you have a chance to get your guy you take him, and when it comes to QB's you buy at full price. If I were the Giants I would package the Browns pick and there pick and move to the top of the draft. Why because thats the smart thing to do. At this point I would bet they don't! Teams that settle on @QB's and take RB's when their in a spot to get one all while knowing they need a QB, are idiots.

As for the Browns they added the pieces to put this team over the top, now they have to turn potential into wins. My bet is they do just that. Why ? Because Dorsey does whats smart, its just that simple. Even if the entire thing blows up in our faces this was the smart thing IMO.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They just acquired arguably the league's best receiver who is both 26 years old and under contract for five more seasons with an average annual base salary of roughly $14.5 million.

$14.5M is not that much more than what Funchess is getting this year ($13M).

I do not understand economics.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The "problem" will be that OBJ will soon want more money, then more money, etc (Giants feared this after the AB situation)

He'll soon want to restructure to be the top paid WR

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
hey Gettleman locked up Corey Coleman for a year at $ 4.4 million.

I find that ... er ... intesting.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
I think Dorsey convinced Gettleman that the Giants had no hope for the future unless they stripped things down and loaded up with enough ammo to draft their QB.

5-11 / 3-13 / 11-5 (with an early exit)/ 6-10 / 6-10 / 7-9 / 9-7... That's the last seven years since their Superbowl victory.

He told him he was there to help... And look how quickly things change when you draft the next Mayfield. The proof is in the pudding. Dorsey explained that the roles could be reversed in a couple short years and Gettleman could be flush with cash signing HOF talent... but not before he found his QB.

Gettleman sat on the fence and Dorsey was patient for a while until finally telling him he was going to move on. Anyone notice how the OBJ was done withing two hours or so of Perriman signing?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He is soooo good. This is going to be epic.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I see it a little bit differently than you. I'm not saying you're wrong, but just hear me out.

Only looking at the financial side... it's definitely a huge win for Dorsey and the Browns. No two ways about it. I don't think it's so much of a loss for the Giants, though. They're not contending, and they're not going to be contending for anything as the last of OBJ's contract works its way through their system. If you want to hammer on the Giants, hammer on them for signing him to that contract when there was a chance he would be sent out of town (hindsight, but still). I mean, it's not like Dorsey handed Gettleman a blank check. Yes, we gave them a mid-round first and a third and Peppers. That doesn't add up to OBJ, the more I think about it, and it doesn't even add up to 2 1st's like the Giants were saying before. As someone stated earlier, if you had a crystal ball and saw Peppers' career up until now, where would you draft him? I'm not sure he'd be off the board before the end of the third round. SS's are a dime a dozen, and he's only now just starting to get it. He's good, but there are other good SS's to be had, and there are physical freaks with the potential to learn the position that can be had super duper cheap.

It's splitting hairs, but I don't hang the trade on the Giants as this major fail. The decision to hand him the contract was a fail, and they decided they were going to eat the consequences of that now before they potentially made it worse.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
CalDawg #1603015 03/14/19 10:58 AM
Legend
Legend

I am still so high from this trade I won't come down till the season opener.

Still in awe how a team can be transformed from 1-31 to what this team looks like today.

OBJ is a perfect fit into this offense. Baker is a very accurate thrower to all parts of the field. Landry is is a get open guy underneath. Callaway has shown he can be a threat anywhere on the field. Njoku is a seam guy and a nightmare cover because of his length. Plus there is depth.

We have incredible runners in Chubb, Duke, and Hunt.

We have no glaring needs other than building roster depth. Between now and the end of the draft Dorsey will address what else we need.

Legend
Legend
One of the best parts of this is that the Giants' cap hit for OBJ was $4 million/year more than it is for us. (because of his signing bonus allocation)

If he really makes a lot of noise about a bump, we could bump him $2 million/year and still have him at a lower cap hit than the Giants did.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I like the trade here. It's a good deal for the Browns, for all the reasons we've gone over here. That said, I think people are unnecessarily piling on Gettleman. He's taking a beating in the media.

A trade doesn't have to be a win for one side and a loss for another. A trade can be a win for both sides. Take the initial swap of Zeitler for Vernon (plus moving up one pick for the Browns). I'm not trying to judge the value of each player so much as point out that the Browns were deep on the interior line, yet clearly wanted an upgrade at starting DE opposite of Myles Garrett. The swap kind of makes sense, doesn't it?

If you're just trying to fleece teams then stuff like this doesn't happen.. big part of why player trades are so rare in the NFL. Everybody overvalues their own players and undervalues other teams' players.

Beckham... the Browns are obviously going for it this year. The Giants are not. They're tired of dealing with the drama and probably didn't want that to get worse.. especially with probably drafting a QB this year or maybe next (they are going to, right?)

We gave up a 1, 3, and Peppers... that is not a small price to pay. Not too long ago we were talking about how much improved Peppers was, #19 rated safety according to PFF on a cheap rookie deal, and so on. How fast opinions change that he's now just a throw in to the deal.

About the contract-- media is obviously very shortsighted and look at the cap hit this year. There are ways to shuffle money from one year to another, so taking a big cap hit in one year is not that big of a deal. Need cap space in the current year? Offer to convert part of a player's salary into a signing bonus (which defers over multiple years). The players gets their cash now, the team pushes most of the cap hit to future years.

It's really the cash payout that matters here. Going by the article, OBJ got an extra 13 million last season... but also was signed for extra years. That contract is part of why the Giants were able to get the 1, 3, and Peppers.. without it, the haul would have been less. Not saying its ideal from the Giants perspective but these things are hard to judge in a vacuum.

About Barkley vs a QB: different situation but it involves Gettleman so it might as well go here. I understand the difference in importance between a QB and RB, believe me. I thought for sure the Giants would either draft a QB at #2 last year or trade to a team that would. The Barkley pick shocked me, because the QB is so important and it's been obvious for a long time that they need to move on from Eli.

That said.. Barkley was the right pick, wasn't it? He was one of the best and most explosive backs in the league last year. In hindsight, What QB (other than Baker Mayfield who wasn't available at #2), would you take last year at #2? What have the other QBs drafted last year shown that you'd rather have one of them instead of taking an elite back and seeing what you can get at QB in free agency or the next (i.e. this) draft?

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Here is a video on our Super Bowl chances:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=26246703

I LOVE IT.

Dripping with MOXY!!!!!!!

bonefish #1603020 03/14/19 11:04 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think you might be surprised by the transformation between now and opening day because I don't think Dorsey is done. I think he'll be working to improve the LBs and secondary, might add another DT, and maybe even tweak the O-line before camp starts. By the time camp is over we could be scary good and the only thing we'll have to worry about is the target on our back.

fingerscrossed

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here is one of the things I was talking about in case you guys don't want to read all the articles:

Quote:
Less than a year after deciding they wanted Beckham, the Giants have decided he isn't part of their future. In doing so, they've burned all kinds of actual cash and cap space. Let's look at two scenarios. Scenario 1 is what would have happened if they hadn't given him a long-term deal and franchised him for 2019 before making the trade. (Remember, the Giants didn't use their franchise tag this offseason.) Scenario 2 is what actually happened.

Scenario 1: $8.5 million paid to Beckham in cash, $8.5 million on the Giants' 2019 cap, $0 in dead money on the 2019 cap

Scenario 2: $21.5 million paid to Beckham in cash, $5.5 million on the Giants' 2019 cap, $16 million in dead money on the 2019 cap

That's not a typo.
Because Gettleman (or ownership) temporarily decided to keep Beckham around, the Giants paid an extra $13 million out of their coffers and will eat $16 million in dead money on this year's cap for the privilege of doing so. This isn't really a big competitive concern since the Giants don't appear to be particularly close to contending in 2019, but it's a sign of how shortsighted the franchise was in signing OBJ before giving things up seven months later.

Honestly, I think a lot of it boils down to the relationship between OBJ and the Giants organization. Did OBJ pull an AB and force his way out? If he did, he did it a lot smarter and kept it behind closed doors.

In the end, the trade kind of resembles what we did with Osweiller from a money for picks perspective. Yes, they lose OBJ, but what were they doing with him? Eli's not going to get better. They have lots of holes. If they hadn't signed him, and he left, they'd get a 3rd at best. This way they get a higher 3rd and "bought" a first.

Yeah, I don't know. Hard to try to make sense of it from the Giants perspective.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
DiamDawg #1603055 03/14/19 11:45 AM
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Gettleman is getting ripped...and rightfully so. People feel the Browns got the better of him in 2 deals (now 1) but especially on the return for OBJ. Not only that...the $$$ they are losing from the whole OBJ thing is just CRAZY. They rip on him for letting Landon Collins walk. They are ripping on him for tendering Corey Coleman and paying him 4.4 Mil a year.They are ripping him for grabbing Saquan Barkley instead of a QB. For keeping Eli and losing OBJ...

something could be said for each of these moves on Gettleman's side...But when taking it all together???? Not to mention. If he moves up for Haskins or Murray he better be right on whichever it is. And he better be right for moving up in the first place. Because it will still be costly and many think he can sit tight and get Haskins at 6.

It is one thing to criticize the guy for one move. But the laundry list is long and not very shiny...

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
DiamDawg #1603064 03/14/19 12:04 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Letting players like Schwartz walk and signing Kenny Britt and trading up for Kizer were BRILLIANT MOVES ...

Once again ... your butts doing the talking ... *L* ..

Well I took lessons from Jim Carrey so I'm fluent in Butt talk..

Don't forget in the first draft that DePodesta was with us he said that he would sit back and watch so that he can familiarize himself. Oh he would provide Analytic information needed but he would stay out of the actually Picking decisions.

Now there is some thought that Depodesta has more power than all are thinking he has. Most of that comes from the fact that Dorsey had told Haley he was the guy to become HC if Hue was fired. Of course as it turns out Haley was fired and Williams became that interim HC. I think Dorsey just changed his mind because of the actions of Haley. I think Haley was sabotaging a bit so that Hue could get fired. He ended up burning his own bridge and I don't think he will be hired again for quite a while.

But I do think Dorsey respect Depodesta and more important I think the HASLAMS respect Depodesta. Dorsey is making the final decisions but he is listening hard to what Depodesta is feeding him. He just puts his Football input into the equations. We got a good Duo going on here.

jmho its no coincidence. Baker is an analytic dream but we also know Dorsey researched no other QB more than Baker Mayfield after being fired by the Chiefs.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
PETE314 #1603071 03/14/19 12:15 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PETE314
They are ripping him for grabbing Saquan Barkley instead of a QB. For keeping Eli and losing OBJ...

The funny thing there is. if he passes on Saquan, and take say, Darnold. Then the Jets probably take Rosen or Allen, and we would have take Saquon. So instead of Baker and OBJ, we would have Baker and Saquan.

... and Giants fans probably would of ripped him for that. laugh

ExclDawg #1603074 03/14/19 12:21 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
love chubb but that would have worked!

Joe Thomas #73
ExclDawg #1603077 03/14/19 12:24 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
yeah I too am very happy with Chubb so much more than originally. But I was a extreme Baker Barkley guy as my dream draft!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
ExclDawg #1603081 03/14/19 12:26 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
jc

About the OBJ deal: if the Browns got such an incredible steal, why didn't other teams offer more? I assume Gettleman listened to offers from other teams, and the Browns made the best offer. Or at least the best offer of AFC teams... sometimes teams take a little less to ship a player out of conference. Scratch off the Jets too.. those two teams don't make deals.

Why didn't the other teams make a bigger offer?

I'm not saying it's a bad trade from either side. I actually think it was a fair deal. The Browns get an elite receiver who is only 26 years old, but also gave up a decent amount and take on some risk (distractions, contract disputes, injury) that probably put off some other teams.

You could say a similar thing about Vernon.. the risk there mainly being injury-related as he's missed some time the last two years. We gave up a very good player in Zeitler who has played every game for more than four straight years. I know that nobody cares about guards anymore but that reliability (and elite pass protection) has to mean something. Again.. fair deal, you have to give up something to get something.

eotab #1603082 03/14/19 12:26 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
DiamDawg #1603086 03/14/19 12:29 PM
Legend
Legend
lmao that parody account is funny

DiamDawg #1603087 03/14/19 12:29 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
that parody account is gold

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Haus #1603091 03/14/19 12:34 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dorsey is genius

Joe Thomas #73
Haus #1603095 03/14/19 12:38 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think cap space and AFC teams played a big part. Most teams weren't in a position to throw that kind of cash around like we could. Had we not have had the cap space to address DT, DE and sign OBJ, I don't think we would have been players either. We had needs as most teams do. There aren't many teams that can afford to address their glaring needs and have the luxury of signing a player like OBJ too. That certainly limits the competition.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
leadtheway #1603108 03/14/19 12:47 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

There is no defense of what the Giants did. They front-loaded quite a bit of that contract. What was it? $21 million or something like that. They then trade him less than a year later. They now have a ton of dead cap money and the Browns are only paying OBJ $14.5, if the reports are correct.

Gettleman's only defense is if the Mara's [who are terribly conservative] wanted OBJ out of town, because no way is signing him to a big contract, paying him that much up-front, and taking on all that dead cap money makes any sense from a financial aspect. In fact, it is an epic fail.

Then, you combine in the on-field value of what we got and what they received in return and it's quite clear that Dorsey spanked the Giants.

For years, Brown's fans have complained about the National Media hating on us and loving big-market teams like New York. Well folks, John Freaking Dorsey has turned that notion on its heels. The Browns are receiving glowing reports and the Giants are getting shredded.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Beckham Trade Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard