Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Weeden coming out of the woodwork!...

We need a comment from John Football before I believe anything.

1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
Legend
Legend
We spent three years trying to make a former superstar just a guy who could help. He goes to LA and Stafford starts tossing him TDs.
I disagree completely. I think we spent 3 years trying to make OBJ a #1 WR, when he's not. Now he is playing with a legit #1 WR on the other side to take the pressure off...

And I'll say this again... Stafford played 9 games this year without OBJ and 7 games with him. Yes, OBJ caught 4 TDs in LA when he didn't catch any here and a lot of people felt the need to comment on that... good for him.

But, Staffords...
-Completion % fell by 2%
-Yards per game went down by 40 yards
-TD passes went down by about .5 TD per game
-INTs went up .6 per game
-Points per game dropped 4 points
-Record remained about the same

OBJ is getting some more of the stats from whoever he replaced in the line up, ok, but there is no evidence that says he's actually making the Rams any better.

While OBJ himself.. is averaging 1.3 more receptions and 9 more yards per game.. but he has scored some TDs.. so there you go.

yebat' Putin
2 members like this: WSU Willie, mgh888
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c...

she is known for this and a lot of other things.

she barely even writes her own articles.

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
j/c...

It's the role played at cleveland.com/The Plain Dealer.

Roger Brown begot Tony Grossi who begot Mary Kay.
Same job. Same "reporting".

cleveland.com is garbage, and as such, so are the reports from the people they employ.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: GratefulDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL. That is the best post I have seen here in a while. Thanks for the laugh, cfrs!

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
j/c...

It's the role played at cleveland.com/The Plain Dealer.

Same job. Same "reporting".

cleveland.com is garbage, and as such, so are the reports from the people they employ.
Good to see that Brandon Weeden's wife is still hot.

yebat' Putin
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted by cfrs15
j/c...

E
Legend
Legend
E
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/06/report-baker-mayfield-may-ask-to-be-traded/

Here is what Baker is pissed off about. That cow put a lot of words in his mouth. And made a lot of assumptions and inflammatory statements.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I really wish they could sue for these bs articles. There’s gotta be some way to hold people accountable for what they put out

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I find we are agreeing an a lot of things here as of late. Why does that scare the hell out of me?

rofl

You're not the one who should be scared. laugh

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: PitDAWG, MemphisBrownie
Legend
Legend

Last edited by jfanent; 01/06/22 07:47 PM. Reason: responded to wrong post

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
j/c...

This is just awesome!!!

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Dave
j/c...

It’s not over until Billy Vegas says so.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Well now....

Who is his source?
Right? Why should we trust him? At least she provided a link!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by EveDawg
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/06/report-baker-mayfield-may-ask-to-be-traded/

Here is what Baker is pissed off about. That cow put a lot of words in his mouth. And made a lot of assumptions and inflammatory statements.

This is the problem with media, in general. Take a thought, transpose that thought with many "if's", or "it's reported", and run with it.

Earlier today, I saw a headline "Wal Mart and Kroger jack up prices on home covid tests." I read it. Turns out, WM, and Kroger, had an agreement to sell the tests at cost for 100 days. An agreement with the Biden admin. They fulfilled that agreement. And tests went from basically $15 to $19.

The headline ticked me off. At least the article I read spilled the truth IN the article.

Media: Take a slant and run with it, true or not. Misleading as can be.

Legend
Legend
jc

so, anybody not notice a common theme here?

yall bashing MKC, and yet every former browns QB replying is......a former browns QB.

as in, not on team anymore.

there's just no way im the only one noticing that.

but maybe there is. all yall thought trubisky would be better than watson, and that baker would be better than lamar.

so imma go with MKC over you guys who have been wrong. literally. every. single. time.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
The reason the ex and current QB don't like her is because she is a troll.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
The reason the ex and current QB don't like her is because she it a troll.

ex QB being the key words right there. Kizer didnt even last a year before he was...traded.

Brandon weed last two years....cut.

i mean....

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Swish
jc

yall bashing MKC, and yet every former browns QB replying is......a former browns QB.

but maybe there is. all yall thought trubisky would be better than watson, and that baker would be better than lamar.

so imma go with MKC over you guys who have been wrong. literally. every. single. time.

Andre Knott agrees.

Remember when OBJ would always say he was happy here and the rumors about him wanting out were bogus? Me too.

Should be a fun offseason!

1 member likes this: Swish
E
Legend
Legend
E
The reason the ex and current QB don't like her is because she it a troll.

ex QB being the key words right there. Kizer didnt even last a year before he was...traded.

Brandon weed last two years....cut.

i mean....

Well Baker says she is full of crap. If anyone knows whats going on its Baker. Did you even read that article? It was extremely negative and inflammatory. She even said that it was Baker's fault that he got injured. Injuries happen. But trying to blame someone for them is pretty low.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
right. kizer and weeden said the same thing.

and yet they're gone. we picked up his 5th year instead of signing him to an extension. unless we plan on doing him like Prescott or Cousins, well...

That's all im saying Eve. there's a lot of FORMER browns players who disagreed with MKC, and yet.....former.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
It's not like she doesn't have a history of posting trash. She makes a living posting trash.

You gonna start believing tabloids now?

No Craps Given
C
Legend
Legend
C
To be fair Weeden was retirement age his second year in the league.

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend

And Kizer had no business in the league......

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
jc

Who wouldn't notice it? Who else would be qualified to respond besides other QBs? It sounds like you're using this as a "where there's smoke there's fire" type statement that proves Baker and the other two are lying.

That's fine, you have the right to believe whatever you want, but then doubling down on "you guys" being wrong about QB picks has nothing to do with the conversation! "You guys" just simply choose to believe the actual QB's words rather than somebody that gets paid to get clicks... and as far as I remember, Mary Kay wanted Sam Darnold!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by jaybird

And Kizer had no business in the league......

lots came out about Kizer later on. poor kid was pissing himself scared before they put him in.

He needed a year or two to grow into the league so he could have a chance.

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
Legend
Legend

Roger Brown.
Man, years ago on the old board, someone had RB's head shot in his sig. The text was,
"Roger Brown- he looks like he's thinking, but then you read the articles..."

rofl

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: jfanent
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
B
Legend
Legend
B
WATSON WATSON WATSON.

send baker back to texas if he wants out.

I might be on board, but I would like to see resolution on any pending sexual misconduct charges and any pending suspensions the NFL my impose.

Has all that been sorted out? If so, great. If not, I sure don't want to be trading for a player who might be facing time in jail, and or a lengthy suspension by the NFL.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Jester
O
Legend
Legend
O
right. kizer and weeden said the same thing.

and yet they're gone. we picked up his 5th year instead of signing him to an extension. unless we plan on doing him like Prescott or Cousins, well...

That's all im saying Eve. there's a lot of FORMER browns players who disagreed with MKC, and yet.....former.

If we were talking about anything football-related, that would be one thing. But what we're talking about is MKC being a terrible journalist. We already knew this to be true, but were worried "even a blind squirrel can find a nut every once in a while". The ex-QBs were commenting about her being terrible at her job, and not anything related to what they failed to do.

Most of the time, the most simple and obvious option is the truth.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: Hamfist
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
If D. Watson settles his problems and came here he would definitely be an upgrade. However, who says he would want to come here? Let's face it, Cleveland is not the most attractive destination in the league. Food for thought.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I strongly disagree.

I just think we need a couple weeks of no Browns activity (so a couple weeks after this Sunday) for the dust to settle and for us to take an un-emotional look at the team.

We lost a ton of really close games with a seriously devastated roster. Our Oline gets healthy, and our offense is already mostly fixed. Yes, we do have a lot of work to do on the passcatcher groups, but Chubb and Hunt are still here, and our Oline (except for maybe Conklin?) should return healthy to start the year. That is huge. What's also huge is our defense. We have a really stout group that should (hopefully) return being able to pick up where they left off. We MUST re-sign Clowney and get someone for Takk's spot (hopefully a promising draft pick).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
WATSON WATSON WATSON.

send baker back to texas if he wants out.

I might be on board, but I would like to see resolution on any pending sexual misconduct charges and any pending suspensions the NFL my impose.

Has all that been sorted out? If so, great. If not, I sure don't want to be trading for a player who might be facing time in jail, and or a lengthy suspension by the NFL.

we embraced kareem who was on video. if the guy gets suspended for misconduct but no charges, whats the difference?

if we can embrace and forgive kareem, we can embrace and forgive watson whos on the same he said/she said stuff.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
If D. Watson settles his problems and came here he would definitely be an upgrade. However, who says he would want to come here? Let's face it, Cleveland is not the most attractive destination in the league. Food for thought.

i think Watson would come here. the best O line he'll ever have. the best RB and TE groups. the scheme would be perfect for him, and stefanski would actually trust him to make the right reads and throws.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
... and stefanski would actually trust him to make the right reads and throws.

This is my only doubt.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I'd like to see Watson here. But I think, no matter what the legal system finds, the NFL is going to give him a lengthy suspension. Especially if he's a Brown.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
I'd like to see Watson here. But I think, no matter what the legal system finds, the NFL is going to give him a lengthy suspension. Especially if he's a Brown.

as he should. i said it when the cases first dropped; at the very minimum that was cringe creepy behavior by watson. he should get 6-10 games just like Kareem.

im just talking about the pure football aspect. he's a top 5 QB who we will have on a 4 year contract that looks like a BARGAIN.

- Theodore Roosevelt
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

i think Watson would come here. the best O line he'll ever have. the best RB and TE groups. the scheme would be perfect for him, and stefanski would actually trust him to make the right reads and throws.

Wait...are you saying we have the best TE group? Or even close to a top tier group there? My goodness if so.

If Watson goes to Pitt it'll be a 4-6 game suspension...if he comes here it will be 10-17.

Swap Baker for him straight up asap - as they both have big ??? right now - and roll with Keenum for '22 until DW is available to play in '23. That will get us a top pick for 2023 where we can draft some pass-catching rookies for DW to throw to...in about a year-and-a-half. The free agents will will pick up with Keenum at the helm will be legendary.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by WSU Willie

Wait...are you saying we have the best TE group? Or even close to a top tier group there? My goodness if so.

If Watson goes to Pitt it'll be a 4-6 game suspension...if he comes here it will be 10-17.

Swap Baker for him straight up asap - as they both have big ??? right now - and roll with Keenum for '22 until DW is available to play in '23. That will get us a top pick for 2023 where we can draft some pass-catching rookies for DW to throw to...in about a year-and-a-half. The free agents will will pick up with Keenum at the helm will be legendary.

bro you really that down on our TE's? i think they're good. Hooper is a bit disappointing but overall with him, bryant, and Njoku i think we're really solid there.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
Both DeShaun Watson and Russell Wilson have a no trade clause, and I really doubt either would waive it to play here because we're not a destination city or a media center, and also because of Stefanski's "muted", reduced risk approach to offense.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Baker Mayfield continued

Link Copied to Clipboard